GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Was really awesome working with the kids
Child Minder (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 March 2017
The company as a whole is very friendly and very accommodating. Employees are very friendly and are willing to help in any way possible. The employees and company are full of positivity
Pros
The Children
Cons
Not enough hours
busy but interactive
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 March 2017
Lots of opportunity to meet and interact with all of the members. Good way to gain experience with administrative work, filling out contracts. Not a lot of training, lots of learning on the job.
Introduce and share the Goodlife culture and values with new and existing members.
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 March 2017
• Greet members, clean floors, wash/fold towels, schedule personal training/tanning
• Orientation of new members
• Attend/participate at monthly meetings
• Paperwork
• Sells memberships/tanning/training/pro-shop product
Great people and environment
Les Mills International Body Combat Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2017
Great training provided for Les Mills candidates
Very helpful and supportive Group Fitness managers
Great atmosphere everyone in the gyms are helpful and friendly
Felt great to teach and motivate class participants
Pros
Good training
Cons
Had some trouble with being paid for classes taught
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2017
My passion is to work in the field of fitness and to help others to attain their goals and stay healthy, but lots of sale is involved in this , I only love to train people not selling
Pros
Overall fitness for all
Cons
Lot of sales pressure
If you love fitness and making money this is the club for you.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON28 March 2017
I loved working here. I could not of asked for a better team to of been with. Everyone wants to see you succeed. It's a fun atmosphere did not feel like a job. Thank you Goodlife!
Pros
The people
Cons
Money based business
Fun but a lot of work
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
Need to have strong work ethic and not be afraid of sales in order to do this job successfully. It is great when you are seeing the results of your clients and hiring/developing your trainers to be successful.
Typical Day
Data entry of client information (Current Employee) –  Calgary Trail Edmonton25 March 2017
Typical Day a Goodlife requires a bunch of multi-tasking, which include: answering phones, greeting members, Data entry, cashout, paperwork, filing, handling money, cleaning equipment, customer service
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Unhappy members due to online payments
A good place to start, not the best place to stay
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 March 2017
Work is sporadic, basically its a sales job, with training being the product. Works for some, and not for others. Culture is good depending on the club, and the job can be fun. A constant hustle is required, without that you wont go anywhere in the company.
great, place to work with good people
Fitness Advisor & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 March 2017
everyday was new, meeting new people and new experiances.
everyday began with the sales meeting in the morning to get our head sharp. We would then focus on daily targets and decide how we were going to meet them.
Pros
free gym
Cons
long days (split shifts)
Great clients
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2017
I enjoyed working at goodlife, because the clients were great. I love working in a gym and staying fit. I was able to constantly learn and teach new material.
Pt/fm
Fitness Manager/Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON21 March 2017
Great corporate culture, great training and development, opportunities for advancement for staff. Not for the faint of heart. Must be a highly motivated self starter.
Pros
Flexible schedule, unlimited income potential
Underpaid
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2017
The co-workers are great for the most part
Very underpaid in comparison to other fitness facilities
Forced to annoy customers outside of GoodLife Facility (wasn't part of my job description)
Fun place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 March 2017
fun place to work, you get to meet lots of new people, you can take time and get to know the basics of excersising equpiment all while on the job. loved this job
fun workplace
Motivator (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
Loved working here, probably one of my favourite jobs! You build relationships with members, get into a healthy active lifestyle, and have great networking opportunities.
Pros
free membership, opportunity to move around
Cons
terrible benefits and job security
I'm very dedicated passionate and enjoy working
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC7 March 2017
Withe every company I have worked with following and upholding company culture is important to me.
I enjoy working with people and helping them grow within the facility and believe in going the extra mile to help where I can.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
n/a
Personal Trainer and Boot Camp instructor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 March 2017
Learned how to sell training packages
Too many long hours
Most enjoyable part was training clients.
Workplace culture is dependent on your team of employees
Management is great
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Sales before service
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Regina3 March 2017
Company emphasizes high pressure sales to build a massage clientele. Also is moving to fixed massage rates nation wide. Pricing therapists in smaller towns and cities out of the local market. Company also seems unable to effectively promote health centre services so you will be required to sell and self promote in addition to your services.
Pros
Free gym membership, discount on personal training, generally a fun friendly group of co-workers
Cons
High stress with income being commission base, many unpaid hours required to be successful
Worst Job Experience
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2017
You have your regular people who are great, there's some people that are a pain and stupid and complain about the most ridiculous things - it's disgusting how people don't have any respect to clean up their own equipment. Managements a joke, very bi-polar. The culture is amazing with the location I'm at. Hardest part? Dealing with management over stupid things. Most enjoyable part of the job? The members.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No other benefits for employees, their benefits is equivalent to that of the members of the gym
Awesome Place To Work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON1 March 2017
Awesome Place To Work & I Hope To Work There Again Soon

All The Staff Where I Worked Were Awesome & Easy To Get Along With

Typical Work Day For Me Was Sometimes 8am-6pm

Management Was Awesome

Hardest Part Of My Job Would Have Been Trying To Make Sales When I have Very Little Sale Experience

The Most Enjoyable Part Of My Job Was Meeting New People Everyday & Getting To Know Them On A Personal Level
Pros
Availability To Unlimited Learning
Cons
Not All Clubs Are 24/7

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval