GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing workplace with wonderful people and motivating colleagues :)
Group EXercise Instructor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 15, 2014
Pros: staying fit and healthy, happy and energetic all year long! :)
Cons: love my job too much! :)
Fantastic place to grow and advance and learn so many things about life, people, relationships, fitness and so much more. This company truly cares about the well being of people and therefore makes me very happy and proud to be a part of it!! Every time I teach my class, I am giving the very best of me, and each and every time I discover that I can – more... give more, do better and improve with every class. I love to apply my knowledge in this environment and do my best to bring joy to people while they're working really hard on their fitness. To me, it's all about being happy and loving what you're doing because then you can share this love with others and make them happy too! :)
I have truly amazing and motivating co-workers (my TEAM!). Every part of my job is enjoyable, every bit of it! REALLY!!!
A typical class for me involves showing up on time in my peak attitude, welcoming everyone to the class and delivering a fun and energizing workout to kickstart their day, mid-afternoon or evening! Knowing the choreography and music inside out is a truly significant part of my job, because it frees you to be able to be truly present with the people in the room, while trusting that your preparation (music and choreo) are there for you, and letting yourself just BE YOURSELF! That's what I love most about it... Being an Group Exerices Instructor gives you the freedom to explore yourself and let your unique talents come through... <3 Therefore, making each class a unique experience!
I am most grateful for having this job and for being a part of such a great TEAM! :) – less
A lot of fun and great opportunity
Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee), North Bay, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: n/a
In the position I was in was voluntary so there was no pay but my gym membership was free also. The tasks a super easy. Greeting members and scanning them in giving them the access to the gym, answering phone inquiries, and processing the odd payment. The management team was awesome and very fun to work with as were all my co-workers.
great culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cobourg, ONFebruary 18, 2014
GoodLife allows for a good staff member relationship.
A typical day includes: making service calls, generating leads, selling memberships and maintaing a clean weight floor.
Entertaining and taking care of children from various ages. (newborn-10yrs)
BodyCombat instructor/Daycare worker (JUMP!) (Former Employee), Saint John, NewBrunswickFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free range, as long as the children were tended to.
Cons: there was nothing bad about this job.
A typical shift was approx. 3 hours. While parents took the time to work out, we (JUMP!) took care of the children/child; feeding, changing diapers, entertaining, etc.
My management team at Goodlife was great! They supported me in the decisions that I made when it came to disciplining the children.
The hardest part of the job would have to have been – more... giving the babies back to the parents! It was so fun to take care of these kids, get to know them, entertain them, and to be a kid again! – less
Energetic and fun place to work
Club Administrator/Motivator (Current Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Great place to work! Employees are well trained and friendly, members are pleasant.
Productive work environment
Sales/Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), Kanata, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: long hours
On a day to day basis everything was broken down and planned out well, our sales goals for the day were broken down at the beginning of each shift. In "das" books daily schedule was also planned out therefore expectations were very well broken down from how long lead generation would be, how long your workout/lunch was and how many times you would leave – more... open for following up with clientele with phone calls etc. Management and staff were gossipy and unprofessional at times although supportive when necessary. I found the most difficult part of the job was managing my time outside of my long work hours and learning how to always be consistent with sales although management gave me excellent support through roll plays, and different training exercises. My favourite part about working at Goodlife was being able to have time to workout everyday during my shift as well as having the chance to change, help and save lives. – less
Fun, Fitness, Community environment.
Club Support Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: high pressure sales environment
A typical day at Goodlife is greeting members as they enter/leave the gym. Engage with members as much as possible. I learned that as long as the customer is satisfied, then I am being successful at my job. Management is always encouraging their employees to do better. Co-workers were a joy to work with and many I am still friends with via social media – more... or phone. The hardest part of the job is not being able to provide a service to a customer, for whatever reason. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with members at all times of the day. – less
Great job
Motivator (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Love it.
Friendly staff to work with.. flexible with my school hours..members are always very nice.
energetic place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: access to gym equipment, personal trainers, convenient locations, lots of laughs
I enjoyed working at the gym. I was able to assist members during there time at the gym and was also able to improve myself physically . I looked forward to being able to come to work even on my days off when I would come in and work out with friends. I became more aware of my physical appearance and health. I was happy that Goodlife Fitness played – more... a role in helping me maintain the healthy body image I have. I was really fast on my feet and able to multi task and help every one of the members and employees that came my way. I also enjoyed being able to be myself and to create a fun environment for members and other co-workers. – less
Energetic fast paced environment.
Fitness Adviser (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great sale compensation structure
Cons: long hours, no days off no matter what on three last days of month.
A typical day at work is compromised of a morning meeting then a call canvas from the leads that you have acquired from the previous days worked. Head out to the market or the mall and start talking the everyone to generate leads for your business.(hardest part to stay on top of)

the most enjoyable part of the job is sitting with potential members, – more... helping them decide weather fitness is for them. – less
PT have fun together, but the Fitness Manager was the cancer of the gym.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABDecember 30, 2013
Pros: free use of gym
Cons: no money
Hardest part of the job is relying on your clients to come in. Training a client is the only way of getting paid through GL

- I learned how to deal with people. Overcome objectives, and run my own successful business

- hardest part of the job was showing up at 5 AM and learning 25 minutes later that your 5 AM was not showing up for that session.

- – more... Most enjoyable part of working for GL had to be the trainers. Awesome team we had.

-Management was a nightmare from hell. No idea what she was doing, two faced, and never offered any sort of help to new and upcoming PT. Safe to say she is out of a job as we speak.

- Typical day is working 15 hours, trying to get new clients, and training the clients you do have in your inventory. Filling out consults, and always setting goals to better yourself.

- It was hard to advance in GL, In order to advance you would have to spend money on GL courses to be able to advance, Numbers mattered, but not so much when it came to advancing from a level 2, to any higher position. – less
Enjoyed working their but didn't like the fact that is was based on commission.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), HarwoodDecember 17, 2013
It a great beginner job for the fitness industry but its not for everybody.
money driven
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), KelownaDecember 10, 2013
Pros: 24 hours service
Cons: used high sale technics to commit client
don't care about customer financial problem. it's all about make money
Too much of everything
Membership Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: right in the middle of downtown
Cons: long hours and low pay.
Long hours. Expectations unreasonable if you have any type of life outside of work. Especially a family.
Demanding Job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2013
Cons: long hours
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and maintain lasting relationships with members. Employees must also invest in job full time, very difficult to manage with other priorities to do well. Strong-willed and motivated personalities work best.
Good place to work for starters
Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2013
It is a good environment for someone very new in the fitness industry.
My position at GoodLife
Reception, Administration, CS (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: stress
I have gained a lot of experience as a receptionist and administrative assistant. I have perfected my skills in working as a team or by myself, whenever needed. I have learnt to work under a lot of stress, though not desired.
My day consists of greeting clients, answering incoming calls, making outbound calls to current clients, working in team or alone, – more... reporting to the General Manager or Assistant General Manager, building a good rapport with clients, co-workers and managers.
Hardest part of the job is working understaffed, not getting a deserving raise, working with constant changes in staff and management, as well as tremendous amount of issues from clients, stress.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with pleasant clients and co-workers, having an understanding Manager, perks to using the fitness club for myself and family. – less
This place is an absolute toilet
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), OshawaOctober 18, 2013
Pros: other personal trainers are kind and supportive
Cons: long hours, no pay, no benefits, no days off, punished for sick days, berated by management, garbage company. the whole thing is basically one big scam.
No pay, no benefits, no time off. Want to work a 60-80 hour week, days, evenings, weekends and receive no pay or benefits? Then GoodLife Penitentiary is the place for you. That and the management are essentially adult children. Their job advertisements include "Competitive base salary" ($0.00/hour), "Benefits package" (just kidding) and "flexible hours" – more... (as in ALL the hours). Don't be fooled, flipping burgers, delivering flyers, or stripping will all pay you better - by better, I mean at all. – less
Fun, healthy balance lifestyle job
Motivator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2013
.overall, goodlife is a good company to work for, learned a lot about fitness, and living a healthy lifestyle, co workers were fun and easy to get along with.
Awesome place to work
CUSTOMER CARE (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: free gym memberships
Great place to work if you are into making friends (fellow employees along with the patrons), and enjoy working in a positive atmosphere.

About GoodLife Fitness Clubs

Goodlife Fitness is the largest health club company in Canada with over 275 clubs. The company is 100% Canadian, and was founded – Read more