GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Educational and fun workplace
Motivator (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2016
Working at GoodLife has so many benefits if you are into learning about healthy living and lifestyles. The pay is a bit of an issue, along with promised hours, but overall you are the to motivate and getting yourself inspired.
Fun and social workplace with good benefits, however numerous members of staff including multiple managers were very unprofessional and innapropriate
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2016
It was a very enjoyable place to work, it had flexible hours and many options for advancement. Most of the staff was a very tight knit group who worked well together and got along in social settings. I learned socialization on a new level due to constantly interacting with members. However I found management very unprofessional and it was hard to deal with that on a daily basis.
fun place to work with home life balance
Motivator / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 October 2016
working at Goodlife has really shown me my potential as a caring and motivating person. im encouraged daily by both staff and members to be the best i can be. i've learned a lot about myself and my worth. the hardest part of the job is knowing you cant help everybody but i enjoy maintaining a professional relationship with the members and encourage them to the best of my ability
Pros
free membership
Cons
not enough hours
Great Welcoming Environment
Club Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 January 2017
I love what we do we have lots of fun.
Learned A lot
Deadlines
Good Time Off
Decent company, great compensation
Fitness advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2016
The position is a lot of fun, and you get to meet new people. I'm naturally skilled with sales so i find the position easy, where as some may struggle.
Pros
commission is nice, free membership
Cons
long hours, no work place/life balance
Very exciting work enviornment
Personal Trainer - Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2017
Was a competitive rewarding job if you had the required skill set. Always had potential members around to build your client list if your skill set was in demand.
Pros
wages/commision
Cons
scattered hours
Great Culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2016
Is a company that cares for the people and the members. The owner is very involved and for such a large company, it really is nice to have everyone meet the owner. Can improve on finding a way to create better work life balance
A Blank Book with a Pretty Cover
Overnight Motivator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2016
Goodlife Fitness started out as the dream career and progressively lost its flare after a few years of working there and getting no where.
What used to be a "gym family" focused environment soon turned into a money making sales push.
excellent organization
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2016
this organization has a tremendous, infectious team morale throughout the country, with over 350 clubs and growing this place has developed way more than just a gym.

would highly recommend to use these facilities as a consumer but also as an employee if an opportunity presented itself.
It's a postive, fun, productive work environment
MEMBER CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  McCaul/Queen2 July 2016
it's great starting with the morning meetings getting pumped up and focused on the goal throughout the day. There is always something to do, I was always busy and talking with members it's about meeting peoples needs and doing it while having fun and making good money so I can be with family or friends and meet new ones as well. I would love to be employed by the again and stay and build a career.
Pros
you work extra hours
Cons
you work extra hours
Good place to start your career
Personal Trainer Level (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 January 2017
Working here taught me how to communicate with a wide variety of people. It was one of the best jobs I had to expand my network in a new city. Be prepared to build your own business from scratch.
Pros
free membership
Cons
long unpaid hours prospecting for new clients
The staff are amazing, but head office doesn't care for their company employees
Fitness Instructor and Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON10 November 2016
Pretty easy-going job, but customers get into staff's personal space and business too often. Should be a higher-paying job for the work we put in.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Not enough pay
Good for students
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON19 January 2017
Greeted and scanned members into the
Laundry towels
Club runs
Deal with membership concerns
Collect payments

Most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with regular members. Hardest part of the job would definitely dealing upset members
Do not do it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 June 2016
This job was one of the worst jobs I have ever had.
As a sales representative, the expectations are absolutely absurd. You have a morning meeting with your fellow sales consultants ( between 1-5 reps) you basically have to show in this book your given how many appointments you have, and have to " commit" to your manager how many sales you will get and how many personal training packages you will sell. If your thinking " I been in sales a long time this doesn't sound hard" trust me! I have been in sales for a really long time and always succeed ...except here. It's
Kinda hard when the " walk in people wanting to sign up" are only given to the manager or assistant. You have to commit to 3-5 hours of going out in the public and harassing people for their names and phone numbers where later you call harass them to book an appointment to come in. The hourly pay sucks. The commission sucks. You even have to pay for your own uniform and they hold
Pay for 4 weeks so good luck not having anything for a month. Don't do it!!!!
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Pay, hours, management, paying for your own uniform, the people who work there are fake, the traning
A good place to be motivated.
Motivator/Sales (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 November 2016
It is a great job if you want to meet new people and hear about their fitness journey to be motivated. The people are very friendly and are always willing to help correct formation of exercises. I have learned many things from goodlife about fitness and goals.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Unfair hours.
Flexible work environment with a diverse curture.
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Antigonish, NS11 January 2017
I enjoyed this establishment and the flexibility it provided.
It provided an environment I was very comfortable working it and
allowed me to meet many new people on a daily basis.
Great place to work But verry competitive
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 November 2016
I was a personal trainer
It is 100% commission based
if you are not training someone, you are not getting paid
I did not get my full pay on many occations
Pros
Fun place to work and interact with others
Cons
Company is too Large and employees get lost in the paperwork
Great place to work if you are a fitness enthusiast
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2016
Can make as much money you want, salary is $11 an hour and rest is all commission, depends on which location you are working , if its busy one lots of money can be made
Laid back work environment
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2016
I was lucky enough to have some amazing managers who trusted me to do my job. Not having someone breathe down your neck made committing to your expectations a lot easier. As a result, I was able to become a top performer. Typical day consists of you dealing with member inquiries, answering sales questions, making sales and generating leads for your business.
Pros
Free membership
Great work atmosphere
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2016
Create own business with outside sales and referrals to meet or exceed monthly quota
Responsible for organizing new customers billing and finalizing contracts
Follow up with new members and track fitness routine and goals.