GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Corp Office not great to work at
home office (Former Employee), London, ONJune 13, 2013
Pros: free membership, people, casual dresscode
Cons: management, pay, benefits, technology, office building
Salary is significantly lower than market value and no one in upper management seems to care - work way too much and too hard for what is paid. Benefits are alright if you're single, but as soon as you add dependents, there goea half of your paycheque. Yes, you do get a free membership...let's be honest, it doesn't cost them anything for this.

Management – more... was the worst ever worked for - no motivation, inspiration, communication sucked, and they do not support ideas for change. You can go to HR about issues, but they don't do anything to help their staff.

The major positive is that the majority of people working there are actually great and fun people - def made the job easier to deal with.

The co is growing to fast for what they can handle, and they are so technologically behind it's like living in the dark ages. – less
Watching peoples lives change eveyday for the better
General Manager (Former Employee), London OntJune 11, 2013
Pros: work out when we wanted to
Cons: long hours of work
Operation of the club. membership sales, management meetings, financial, staff support.
reported to the regional manager. they were very involved and supportive
My staff was fun energetic and pleasers. Made the job easy!
Hardest part was the very long hours expected of the management team.
I enjoyed helping people with weight or heath problems. Being – more... able to see them transform. – less
Horrible place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), CanadaJune 5, 2013
If you want to be treated unfairly, get hit on by the trainers, and not have management support when needed...then work here.
Trainers need to be trained on sexual harassment.
Horrible pay.
Unorganized, all about the sales, less about peoples' health.
Very cultured work environment
Motivator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 28, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: unbalanced hours
I loved the experience of working within a gym, the work environment was good. The people were friendly and were very eager to hear about my knowledge in fitness. It was a good step toward my personal goal of becoming a Personal Trainer. I enjoyed teaching new members how to use equipment and answering all their fitness questions.

– June 7, 2013

GoodLife is a Big legalized Scam, I worked as a trainer then got promoted as a Fitness Manager for two years in Total. System is working like this,turnover is very high, they always hire new trainers to do for them free consultations, at first trainers pay for goodlife personal trainers certification, then they will be forced to get more certifications(base camp, TRX...) and trainers have to pay for that as well, a lot of pressure from the management. Plus Goodlife sale personal training to the clients with highest interest 18%, and clients stuck in that agreements for a year...

Productive and fun place to work
Volunteer/ General Worker (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 7, 2013
I enjoy working at goodlife because the energy is always high, and everyone has a good time.
Fun and energetic workplace
Member Ambassador/ Fitness Trainer (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONMay 6, 2013
Overall an awesome place to work! Enjoyed working with both gym members and all co-workers! Very fun and supportive staff wanting to make members life better in regards to their fitness level and health. Hardest part of the job, personally, was selling membership and finding leads. Enjoyed working specifically with members showing them how to properly – more... use gym equipment and working at the front desk. – less
Fun workplace, great entourage and fun atmosphere
Member's Ambassador (Current Employee), Place d'Orleans, OttawaMay 2, 2013
Job is great, lots of interaction with gym members and coworkers. Greet and meet new or usual members every time they come. Can get busy with rush hours, lots of things needs to be done. Answering the phone, questions, and all the customer service in general. Also handling money with sales of beverages or our pro shop merchandise.
Productive days
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Stratford, ONApril 30, 2013
Very fun atmosphere being in a fitness club everyday. Very rewarding giving individuals the health and fitness goals he or she wishes to achieve.
Enthusiastic and Hard-working Environment
Promotional Associate (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONApril 29, 2013
Pros: always talking to new people, being a part of a team, promoting something i believe in
Cons: customers are not always interested, shifts went by slowly
I really enjoyed being a part of the Women's Only Goodlife Fitness team. My favourite part about working for Goodlife was that I was able to promote something I truly believe in and that is health and well-being. Helping others get on track with a healthy lifestyle is a really good feeling. I enjoyed attending events and trying to recruit new members.
Great place to learn
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee), London, ONApril 27, 2013
Goodlife is a great place to learn about every aspect of business such as marketing, advertising, sales, lead gen, management, customer service and etc. However the compensation plan is unfair and employees and locations are not compensated fairly for their efforts as some locations are more popular than others.
Very Supportive Company
General manager (Current Employee), EdmontonApril 22, 2013
Pros: free memberships, healthy lifestyle, ongoing support, advancement, fun
Cons: work life balance, which is expected when working full time
I started as an AGM and was promoted to GM. I love my job!
There is a lot of room for advancement and they give you all the tools you need to be successful. They offer employees the opportunity to take extra courses which have made me a better manager and person !
Those of you who wrote negative comments were obviously not in it for the right reasons. – more... Yes, there is pressure to make sales so why apply for a sales if you don't enjoy the challenge?? Not everyone will get along with their manager but chances are if you do your job you won't have any issues ;)
If you are passionate about helping people ,the sales Will come with it , which equals $$$.
You will get out what you put in. – less
Positive, friendly environment
Member Ambassador/Motivator/Fitness Advisor (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 20, 2013
Pros: free tanning, gym membership, discounts
Cons: not enough hours/pay
I enjoy working at GoodLife Fitness, but I need a change. A typical day a work consists of answer the phone, motivating members, selling memebrships, touring new members, and providing top customer service to valued members of the gym. The best part of the job is interacting with the members. It is the best feeling I have after leaving work because – more... I feel like I accomplished something and made a difference in someones life. This job also does not give me enough hours or pay to make a full-time job of it. – less
Enjoyable place to work
CSR (Former Employee), Wasaga Beach, ONApril 15, 2013
Pros: got to work out for free
Cons: couldn├Ęt be in two places at once; but i tried!
I greeted each and every person that came into the club and assisted each of them to their needs.
I sold products and encouraged customers to take advantage of promotions taking place.
I answered phones and took messages for other co-workers in the club.
I also took care of paper work regarding tans, inventory, appointments, events etc...
I assisted – more... our trainers with their paper work to they could attend to their clients in a timely fashion.

I learned that health and fitness is great in our everyday life. Working out with other members brought so much joy to me knowing that I could help them succeed their goals.

My co-workers were a great goup of people. They inspired me each and everyday.

The hardest part of my job was having to leave.

Seeing the smiles on our clients face is and was the greatest part of the job. – less
Fast moving workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 10, 2013
Goodlife Fitness is a fast moving workplace, many people coming in and out of the gym each day and you must be ready for any situation at hand
Great Value but very draining position.
Sales Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 3, 2013
Pros: free gym membership and free tanning.
Cons: working 60hrs a week and only getting paid for 40hr.
I was a Sales AGM. My daily goals were to talk to for 50 people a day to get 25 names and phone number to talk to 10 people and make 3 appointments. I managed the JUMP! Program (daycare) and employees. I was responsible for hiring, firing, and scheduling employees. I dealt with member and employee complaints and kept a positive attitude. My favorite – more... part of the job was the management of the staff. They were a great staff and easy to keep on track. Helping them hit their monthly target was a huge success. – less
Fun energetic place to work
Group Ex Instructor (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONApril 1, 2013
Pros: the wonderful relationships built
Cons: a lot of personal prep time for classes that are unpaid
I love teaching and working at the Goodlife. I enjoy the different members that I get to interact with on a daily basis.
Getting to know some members personally and see them make great successes in their fitness journey is so rewarding.
The staff are just like family. Everyone is great at their jobs and we work very well together by supporting each – more... other and helping each other out when needed. – less
Great Corporate Culture
Club Administrator (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSMarch 24, 2013
This is a great position with lots of flexibility, great management and staff.
Long hours, lots sales pressure
Sales Representative/Membership Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 14, 2013
Pros: get to work out for free, meet lots of people, promote fitness, work in a healthy environment
Cons: lots of sales pressure, were not supportive with work- school balance, not the greatest work- life balance
A typical day would be to start day with a group meeting, drive sales, make call and perform activities to generate sales leads.
I much preferred working in my Managerial role in 2012 rather than this role as Sales Representative.
Productive and Fun place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Markham, OntMarch 3, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: started late
- clean the bathrooms
- do the laundry
- arrange all the weights
- clean the equipments
- keep the place tidy
Watch out Brunswick Square, Saint John: terrible management, terrible atmosphere
Sales (Former Employee), Saint John, NBFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: general manager is a bully
If you value your self-esteem and mental health, you will regret applying for any position at Brunswick Square, Saint John.

Management is terrible, head office knows and they will not do anything to improve the situation. The current manager has been there for years, she is not an appropriate or capable manager and should have been let go a long time – more... ago.

She is unable to foster a good working environment, encourage staff or keep staff long term. She is abrasive, rude, moody and a bully.

Goodlife is more concerned about locking in memberships then they are about their staff. – less

Mund – May 29, 2013

I prefer to workout in my basement - they add interest onto past due amounts and will then send to collections. Does this sound like a company interested in having people live the "goodlife"?

About GoodLife Fitness Clubs

Goodlife Fitness is the largest health club company in Canada with over 275 clubs. The company is 100% Canadian, and was founded – Read more