GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable place
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), 185 The West Mall, Etobicoke, ON M9C 5L5May 30, 2014
Pros: free facilitie to use.
Cons: n/a
Being working at the gym with a great team made me realized that we were a big family rather than just co-workers. We cared about each other, we had great moments, and we all helped each others to reach our health center's target.
Quality establishment, great life tool.
Membership Consultant (Former Employee), Truro, Nova ScotiaMay 22, 2014
Working at Goodlife Fitness as a membership consultant was a learning experience that allowed me to apply my marketing and public relations skills in a venue other than food and beverage service. What I really enjoyed was being able to stand behind the service that I was selling, and to be confident that I was helping those in pursuit of such.
Stay away !!! Don't believe a word there say in the interview.
Maintenance (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 15, 2014
Cons: poor pay, no support
If you are not in Ontario there do not want to know! The supervisors are spineless and even if you have a concern about work practices there don't care. Long hours, poor pay and the contract you have to sign is a joke. There promise you the world to work for them, then when you start there change or deny there said it. You can see how he has made his – more... money by paying so little and not giving anything in return. – less
Part Time Staff
Part time staff (Former Employee), Aurora, ONMay 5, 2014
Towel service, front counter, and cleaning. In charge of restocking, attending to customers needs, and dealing with any complaints or issues in the gym.
Great working with people eager for personal change.
CO-OP ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Toronto, OnApril 28, 2014
Cleaned change rooms, workout equipment, electronics and the pool. Must be good with people and not intimidated with strangers. Must have good sense of the Fitness industry and working out.
Fun environment
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 26, 2014
Provided fitness routines and helped on the spot with work out techniques.
Great
Member Accounts Manager (Current Employee), TorontoApril 24, 2014
Follow up with emails and return vmails
Review reports
Contact members regarding standing balances
Fun, Productive
Volunteer (Former Employee), London, OntarioApril 22, 2014
Great Place to work I recommend people to apply. I think the manager was great and he provided me with a lot of help
Working as Child care worker for Goodlife fitness
Children Care Worker (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 22, 2014
Pros: happy children
Cons: sad children
I work form 9am till Noon I welcome the children and their parents as the come in. I think take care of the childrens personal needs during the time the parents work out. Including diaper change, feeding, and entertaining them. The age range is 6wks up to as old a 12 years. I have some of the nices co-workers I've ever worked with. It can be tiring – more... but I love to hear the children laugh it make my day. – less
Long hours and fake people at home office
Fitness Advisor (Sales Rep) (Former Employee), Toronto,ONApril 12, 2014
Pros: made friends
Cons: long hours, low pay, drama and unprofessional
Hours as a sales rep are 10am-8pm.. way too long. They tell you that you will make thousands in sales but not always the case. There are some nice and friendly people but a lot of politics and fake people in home office and training program. Disappointed at the lack of professionalism from the HR training program side in Toronto. They try to brainwash – more... you to be a "Goodlife Robot" and are very condescending in the training program...were treated like children.

Very unfortunate for such a positive company.

This is a temporary job not a career unless you really want to move up in management. Hours and expectations are way too high expect to not have much of a life. – less
Issues with management
Membership Consultant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 10, 2014
Pros: free membership, some benefits
Cons: pressure from management, stress, long-hours
I worked in sales as Membership Coordinator. A typical day included a morning sales meeting, run down of daily tasks, appointments with clients, another sales meeting after lunch, on the phones to book appointments for the next day. All the while doing tours and selling people gym memberships.

I learned a lot about how to sell gym memberships and how – more... to overcome objections.

Management was strict and agressive on sales goals. Very hard on employees and at times emotionally abusive.

Co-workers included other sales people who are for the most part pretty inexperienced. The personal trainers are there but they act as a different and separate entity within the business and often compete with sales associates in different ways. The customer service staff are great but mostly kept in the dark about the sales side of the business so it is hard to explain to them the need for certain sales procedures and ways approach potential members in a way that best sets up a sale.

The hardest part of the job is generating leads. The leads from members are hard to qualify and most people know by now the approach Goodlife takes with point of sale referrals and they don't provide many qualified leads because they feel GL sales associates will call their friends (they will).

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually selling a gym membership to someone who legitimately needs it and you see they are happy with the sale and there experience in the gym. These are few and far between so it makes them especially nice. – less
Team Lead/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: everyday was interesting.
Cons: no job security.
The members made going to work fun. I enjoyed making their day a little brighter. A typical day was filled with answering the phone, writing down messages, booking appointments for sales staff.
Solving members concerns, quickly and quietly.
We as a team made GoodLife coed Club a fun place to work out.
Very busy atmosphere with lots going on and a exciting place to work
Fitness Instructor Specialist (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 17, 2014
Goodlife Fitness is an amazing workplace. Co workers are always there to help and the members are out of this world. I do not have anything negitive to say about this company at all. I have been well respected and have give the same back. No question
Amazing workplace with wonderful people and motivating colleagues :)
Group EXercise Instructor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 15, 2014
Pros: staying fit and healthy, happy and energetic all year long! :)
Cons: love my job too much! :)
Fantastic place to grow and advance and learn so many things about life, people, relationships, fitness and so much more. This company truly cares about the well being of people and therefore makes me very happy and proud to be a part of it!! Every time I teach my class, I am giving the very best of me, and each and every time I discover that I can – more... give more, do better and improve with every class. I love to apply my knowledge in this environment and do my best to bring joy to people while they're working really hard on their fitness. To me, it's all about being happy and loving what you're doing because then you can share this love with others and make them happy too! :)
I have truly amazing and motivating co-workers (my TEAM!). Every part of my job is enjoyable, every bit of it! REALLY!!!
A typical class for me involves showing up on time in my peak attitude, welcoming everyone to the class and delivering a fun and energizing workout to kickstart their day, mid-afternoon or evening! Knowing the choreography and music inside out is a truly significant part of my job, because it frees you to be able to be truly present with the people in the room, while trusting that your preparation (music and choreo) are there for you, and letting yourself just BE YOURSELF! That's what I love most about it... Being an Group Exerices Instructor gives you the freedom to explore yourself and let your unique talents come through... <3 Therefore, making each class a unique experience!
I am most grateful for having this job and for being a part of such a great TEAM! :) – less
A lot of fun and great opportunity
Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee), North Bay, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: n/a
In the position I was in was voluntary so there was no pay but my gym membership was free also. The tasks a super easy. Greeting members and scanning them in giving them the access to the gym, answering phone inquiries, and processing the odd payment. The management team was awesome and very fun to work with as were all my co-workers.
great culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cobourg, ONFebruary 18, 2014
GoodLife allows for a good staff member relationship.
A typical day includes: making service calls, generating leads, selling memberships and maintaing a clean weight floor.
Entertaining and taking care of children from various ages. (newborn-10yrs)
BodyCombat instructor/Daycare worker (JUMP!) (Former Employee), Saint John, NewBrunswickFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free range, as long as the children were tended to.
Cons: there was nothing bad about this job.
A typical shift was approx. 3 hours. While parents took the time to work out, we (JUMP!) took care of the children/child; feeding, changing diapers, entertaining, etc.
My management team at Goodlife was great! They supported me in the decisions that I made when it came to disciplining the children.
The hardest part of the job would have to have been – more... giving the babies back to the parents! It was so fun to take care of these kids, get to know them, entertain them, and to be a kid again! – less
Energetic and fun place to work
Club Administrator/Motivator (Current Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Great place to work! Employees are well trained and friendly, members are pleasant.
Productive work environment
Sales/Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), Kanata, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: long hours
On a day to day basis everything was broken down and planned out well, our sales goals for the day were broken down at the beginning of each shift. In "das" books daily schedule was also planned out therefore expectations were very well broken down from how long lead generation would be, how long your workout/lunch was and how many times you would leave – more... open for following up with clientele with phone calls etc. Management and staff were gossipy and unprofessional at times although supportive when necessary. I found the most difficult part of the job was managing my time outside of my long work hours and learning how to always be consistent with sales although management gave me excellent support through roll plays, and different training exercises. My favourite part about working at Goodlife was being able to have time to workout everyday during my shift as well as having the chance to change, help and save lives. – less
Fun, Fitness, Community environment.
Club Support Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: high pressure sales environment
A typical day at Goodlife is greeting members as they enter/leave the gym. Engage with members as much as possible. I learned that as long as the customer is satisfied, then I am being successful at my job. Management is always encouraging their employees to do better. Co-workers were a joy to work with and many I am still friends with via social media – more... or phone. The hardest part of the job is not being able to provide a service to a customer, for whatever reason. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with members at all times of the day. – less

About GoodLife Fitness Clubs

Goodlife Fitness is the largest health club company in Canada with over 275 clubs. The company is 100% Canadian, and was founded – Read more