GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Fun and social workplace with good benefits, however numerous members of staff including multiple managers were very unprofessional and innapropriate
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2016
It was a very enjoyable place to work, it had flexible hours and many options for advancement. Most of the staff was a very tight knit group who worked well together and got along in social settings. I learned socialization on a new level due to constantly interacting with members. However I found management very unprofessional and it was hard to deal with that on a daily basis.
Positive healthy work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON15 August 2016
I always looked forward to my work day because the energizing environment I was fortunate to work in. Members and staff are/were friendly, positive and made your day a positive one. Management supported you and encouraged personal health development. Working for GoodLife Fitness encouraged me to take the path I am on in my Nutrition studies journey. The ground work for my studies was laid by seeing how nutrition, health, fitness and personal mental development all go hand in hand. I am on an amazing journey of discovery.
Pros
Free membership
Fantastic workplace, with amazing staff members and amazing management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 September 2016
I absolutely loved working here, school did get in the way causing me to leave, but everything there was amazing. The staff was friendly and welcoming, the management team was also very friendly and welcoming. It felt as if it was a very close family-like environment in the workplace. Absolutely loved going to work and hated leaving.
Pros
Free workout time, close staff, friendly staff, friendly management
Cons
N/A
Great management but terrible work policies
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto5 September 2016
This is not your average hourly job, the only time you are being paid is when you are in a work meeting, and training clients. Aside from that you are there on your own time trying to acquire clients from within the gym. The hardest part of the job is making sure your clients come and train for that hour block of time. If they do not show up, you will not be paid. You can decide to charge the client if they do not give you 24 hours notice of the cancellation. If you do charge them, you can be sure that some clients will be sour because they do not appreciate your time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to talk and learn about other peoples lives while you help them improve their physical wellness and lifestyle and helping them reach their fitness goals.
Great place to work need better management
Personal Trainer, fitness manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary7 September 2016
Really focused on making everyone a part of my family circle and enjoyed every day I worked there. Since meeting new people with a common goal is a enjoying making a difference in someones life is an experience that I will never forget. The problem was dealing with management everyday and making me feel like a kid instead of an adult was the reason why I left both times.
Fun with a great culture
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON17 November 2016
Great culture and atmosphere. Always room to grow. However, work-life balance is difficult, and income support can be hard to come by.
Good Company, No work life balance.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON26 September 2016
Working for GoodLife is a great job, but it offers low income and has low to almost no work life balance. Great people to work with, awesome culture.
It's a postive, fun, productive work environment
MEMBER CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  McCaul/Queen2 July 2016
it's great starting with the morning meetings getting pumped up and focused on the goal throughout the day. There is always something to do, I was always busy and talking with members it's about meeting peoples needs and doing it while having fun and making good money so I can be with family or friends and meet new ones as well. I would love to be employed by the again and stay and build a career.
Pros
you work extra hours
Cons
you work extra hours
Great place to work if you are a fitness enthusiast
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2016
Can make as much money you want, salary is $11 an hour and rest is all commission, depends on which location you are working , if its busy one lots of money can be made
Do not do it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 June 2016
This job was one of the worst jobs I have ever had.
As a sales representative, the expectations are absolutely absurd. You have a morning meeting with your fellow sales consultants ( between 1-5 reps) you basically have to show in this book your given how many appointments you have, and have to " commit" to your manager how many sales you will get and how many personal training packages you will sell. If your thinking " I been in sales a long time this doesn't sound hard" trust me! I have been in sales for a really long time and always succeed ...except here. It's
Kinda hard when the " walk in people wanting to sign up" are only given to the manager or assistant. You have to commit to 3-5 hours of going out in the public and harassing people for their names and phone numbers where later you call harass them to book an appointment to come in. The hourly pay sucks. The commission sucks. You even have to pay for your own uniform and they hold
Pay for 4 weeks so good luck not having anything for a month. Don't do it!!!!
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Pay, hours, management, paying for your own uniform, the people who work there are fake, the traning
Decent company, great compensation
Fitness advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2016
The position is a lot of fun, and you get to meet new people. I'm naturally skilled with sales so i find the position easy, where as some may struggle.
Pros
commission is nice, free membership
Cons
long hours, no work place/life balance
Great Culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2016
Is a company that cares for the people and the members. The owner is very involved and for such a large company, it really is nice to have everyone meet the owner. Can improve on finding a way to create better work life balance
fun place to work with home life balance
Motivator / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 October 2016
working at Goodlife has really shown me my potential as a caring and motivating person. im encouraged daily by both staff and members to be the best i can be. i've learned a lot about myself and my worth. the hardest part of the job is knowing you cant help everybody but i enjoy maintaining a professional relationship with the members and encourage them to the best of my ability
Pros
free membership
Cons
not enough hours
A Blank Book with a Pretty Cover
Overnight Motivator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2016
Goodlife Fitness started out as the dream career and progressively lost its flare after a few years of working there and getting no where.
What used to be a "gym family" focused environment soon turned into a money making sales push.
Nice people to work with. Company doesn't care if you succeed.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 December 2016
If you want to be a personal trainer do it by yourself. Terrible experience. The people you work with are nice. But the company could care less about the personal trainers.
Pros
Nice people, free gym membership.
Cons
The pay, unsupportive and disconnected management.
Rewarding as far as helping others, terrible management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 May 2016
There is no room to move forward in this company and you can find yourself kept in the dark the majority of the time. My direct supervisors and managers as well as the other associates I would work with day to day were fantastic and the overall moral was fantastic. But if help was required from home office, or people wanted to advance or even saw a potentially better way of accomplishing a goal they are put down, ignored, and many times unanswered. Anything, that i experienced anyway, above the local club level was extremely unprofessional. I would not work for this company again even though it was the most rewarding job experience I have had.
Pros
Help People reach goals
Cons
Poor Management
Laid back work environment
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2016
I was lucky enough to have some amazing managers who trusted me to do my job. Not having someone breathe down your neck made committing to your expectations a lot easier. As a result, I was able to become a top performer. Typical day consists of you dealing with member inquiries, answering sales questions, making sales and generating leads for your business.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
loved the work environment.
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 February 2016
If you are a health freak,this place is best for you.
You get to change your life along with the lives of others.least stress,alot of fun and good benefits.
Great fun atmosphere
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 June 2016
I really enjoyed the company, I would say it is hard to move up in the cooperate side of the company without relocating to ontario
Pros
great culture
Cons
poor work life balance
Friendly staff and easy to work well with
Front Desk and Sales Associate - Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 June 2016
- improved on social skills
- learned about personal trainer career
- friendly management
- can be a bit boring at times depending on work situation
Pros
free gym access
Cons
repetitive workload

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Reviews by Location