GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not so Goodlife
Personal Trainer, Team Training Coach (Former Employee), 319 yonge streetFebruary 4, 2015
You will not prosper in the company unless you are willing to give your life to Goodlife. I gave myself to them for almost a year, so very grateful they hired me with little experience. I learned a lot and grew like crazy but had no energy for anything else and that is not a "goodlife". I made them a lot of money for that knowledge they gave me and I am happy to have the experience, and now move on.
Fun work place with a great team
Fitness Motivator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day starts for me at 5am. I open the gym and perform all the opening duties (checking gym cleanliness, equiptment functions and towels.) You have to have great social skills to work in this position and be able to build repour with the members. My Coworkers are all hard working and friendly. Management is hard working and understand as well as being very supportive. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with member issues as they arrise. The challenging part is when members are uncooperative in which case a bit more energy is required to ensure they walk away happy. I love being able to use the gym and learn more aboiut fitness from the personal trainers.
Reliable but inconsistent
Volunteer (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free membership for the amount that i volunteered.
Cons: long hours volunteering without allowing me to assist motivators in their work, even when all of my other tasks are complete, in-efficient to have an able body just wasting away time.
Management had an overwhelming amount of re-casting on a regular basis. This makes it difficult to gain roots in an organization and be recognized for your dedication and hard work.
Work Life Balance
Fitness Manager and Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: incentives and bonuses
Cons: long hours
One of the main reasons why I took on this position 3yrs ago was because I wanted to achieve a work/life balance and that has been a constant struggle for me in this role as a Fitness Manager.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to empower women through fitness and yet the hardest part of my job has always been to find that balance between my job and my life.
School placement
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 13, 2015
I did a Co-op placement here for 5 months and i enjoyed the whole aspect of being there. The people were extremely nice and were willing to help out anyone at a drop of a hat.
Wonderful job, just looking for change
Motivator (Current Employee), St. Johns, Nfld. Halifax, NSJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: no break
-Provided a great work environment
-Friendly and supportive coworkers
-I have worked with GoodLife for many years and am interested in expanding into other areas of work
-I originally was hired in Newfoundland in 2012
-I moved to Halifax for school which is when I transferred locations
High pressure position
Membership Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Tons of cold calls and way too much unnecessary sales pressure. Only a certain few can handle the job. It is not for the majority of people
Productive and fun work place while getting in shape.
Zumba Instructor (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 29, 2014
Changing life with a positive fun environment way.
lots to learn in health and nutrition as well in the fitness industry.
I love to teach Zumba and smile I get from the members are priceless.
Fun workplace with opportunity for advancement
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2014
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: management works long hours with no pay off
Great culture and the company adapts well with changing workforce. Days are very busy and there are often no down times during the day. Most that work for the company have the same values and personality type. Fun place to work.
Good opportunities, must be good at sales
Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2014
Pros: great work environment
I thoroughly enjoy working for Goodlife because there are a lot of opportunities for you to grow financially, personally and professionally. I was able to face many new challenges and meet some amazing people to provide me with lasting friendships.

The benefits are achieved through self-directed learning, continuing education credits, and a strong sales oriented personality.
Awesome workplace environment
Personal trainer (Current Employee), Dieppe, NBNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great salary for young poeple who are just starting out
Cons: can be long hours with split-shifts
I really enjoyed working at Goodlife fitness, I started first as a motivator which is front desk for the first year and then I switched to personal trainer which I enjoyed even more because I would always interact and see the progress of my clients.

Overall my experience was great: Good people, amazing energie levels and a good job for poeple who love fitness. I learned to manage my own clients wich is basically my own business, do programming for each individuals. I would usually do split shifts, starting at 8 in the morning, having a mid afternoon break and work until 9 or so at night.

I learned a lot on how to manage my own time/business and of course a lot about fitness in general. The part I liked the most is of course the 1 on 1 hour I had with my clients, great way to bond with them and see how they respond to different types of training.

One of the hardest parts was the sales but always managed to to them of course, selling in average personal training packages of 3000$-6000$ for long term training.
Amazing place to work
❸ Desk receptionist duties (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 20, 2014
Pros: job opportunities
great staff, great customers. excellent work enviroment.
Fun workplace
FITNESS ADVISOR (Former Employee), OttawaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: able to change and impact people lives through fitness goals & memberships
Cons: constantly asking the same people for name & numbers
Prospect for name and numbers from clientele
Call prospect to offer free trial and drive them into the club
Attend appointment with prospect and present memberships & personal training offers.
Close membership sales with client.

Speak to existing members to get names & numbers of family & friend that may want to join a gym Daily.
Fun and challenging
Motivator/Fitness Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2014
Working at GoodLife has helped with my own personal development.
Fun workplace
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Kanata, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: get to create your own schedule
Cons: long hours to start, no job stability
*Love helping other people
*Constantly learning new things
*Great co-workers
*Very sales focused
High volumes, and positive
Motivator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: this gym was high pace because it was the flagship, they should compensate for that
Goodlife Fitness is a company with high expectations, and morals that I respected followed, and lived by myself
good culture but stressful job.
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee), halifax, nsOctober 7, 2014
made phone calls, booked appointments, sold memberships. i learned some core experience in selling a product (membership). the management was amazing there and so were my co-workers. i found the stress to much and didn't care for the cold calling. i loved the atmosphere and being able to workout.
Productive and fun environment to work at, very well balanced and able to connect with members and build relationships
Motivator (Current Employee), LiverpoolOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great relationships with staff and members
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day is arriving 10-15 minutes early to do some floor runs & bathroom checks along with responsibilities that include counting the till and filing any paperwork that is needed at the front desk.
Responsibilities include making sure the key tags are properly scanned & dealing with any member issues from financial to physical improvement.
Understanding customer service is very important as the reputation lies on how well organized and understanding we are with the business and to fix any problems that a member might have.
Fun and exciting work environment
Promotion and Special Events Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2014
Pros: changing people's lives
Cons: long hours
Being part of the Events and Marketing team allows me to utilize my skills in a creative environment. Every event allows me to work alongside a team of enthusiastic members who all have a common goal in mind. This is to promote GoodLife fitness and give the gift of fitness to people of all ages and sizes. The hardest part of the job is to not get personally attached when people reveal their personal struggles with fitness and achieving their goals. I try my best to offer the best advice and guide them into the right direction. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a positive change in people's lives and encourage them to attain their health and fitness goals.
Great clients but isolation and under-rated.
JUMP Associate (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: work with great kids and free gym use.
Cons: under-rated and too much work for too little.
The hours are not desirable for they are too short but are consistent and may have all weekends off. You learn how to be around and handle children and get to meet great parents and kids. The hard part is the job is taxing for there is too much put onto the JUMP associate and expected of them for the little benefits they get.

About GoodLife Fitness Clubs

Goodlife Fitness is the largest health club company in Canada with over 275 clubs. The company is 100% Canadian, and was founded – Read more