GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Manager was very sweet.
supervisor in the child minding room (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 April 2017
My manager genuinely cared for me. The hours were great, however the position itself was very difficult. managed up to 30 children at one time, which isn't very safe.
Pros
management
Cons
30 children to one staff is unsafe
Great environment, poor management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 April 2017
Working for Goodlife was a good foot in the door for the fitness industry. I was provided with the necessary guidance in order to be successful. However, that will not always be the case in every location. I was very fortunate to have gotten in with the management staff at the time of my hiring, however things were not the same as soon as management staff changed. Hours and pay will be dependent on how many clients you take. So work/life balance and pay is dependent on you. You are also expected to find your own clients, so be prepared by doing some sales training ahead of time.
Pros
Great environment, free gym
Cons
management can be unprofessional
fun place to work
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON11 April 2017
good job for people in school or just finding a first job right out of school. fun atmosphere. bonus is get a free membership. had a good time. friendly staff and members. made lots of new friends. relatively easy job. relaxed environment
Over View
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
Great hours, flexible and accommodating
Sales aspect
well trained
lovely culture
Well paid
good commission
great staff
loved going into work
love the members
Productive and Supporting place of employment
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 April 2017
Excellent place to work if you love working with people and dealing with people on a day to day. It allows me the freedom, to be able to walk around as well as work on my computer skills
positive work environment
Motivator (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON2 April 2017
Goodlife has been apart of my life for the last two years, they have given me opportunities and have helped me strive for my own goals. Management is supportive and understanding but room in advancement is non existent. Hours are traitorous but the gym itself is a lovely environment!
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no hours
Was really awesome working with the kids
Child Minder (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 March 2017
The company as a whole is very friendly and very accommodating. Employees are very friendly and are willing to help in any way possible. The employees and company are full of positivity
Pros
The Children
Cons
Not enough hours
busy but interactive
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 March 2017
Lots of opportunity to meet and interact with all of the members. Good way to gain experience with administrative work, filling out contracts. Not a lot of training, lots of learning on the job.
Introduce and share the Goodlife culture and values with new and existing members.
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 March 2017
• Greet members, clean floors, wash/fold towels, schedule personal training/tanning
• Orientation of new members
• Attend/participate at monthly meetings
• Paperwork
• Sells memberships/tanning/training/pro-shop product
Great people and environment
Les Mills International Body Combat Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2017
Great training provided for Les Mills candidates
Very helpful and supportive Group Fitness managers
Great atmosphere everyone in the gyms are helpful and friendly
Felt great to teach and motivate class participants
Pros
Good training
Cons
Had some trouble with being paid for classes taught
Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2017
My passion is to work in the field of fitness and to help others to attain their goals and stay healthy, but lots of sale is involved in this , I only love to train people not selling
Pros
Overall fitness for all
Cons
Lot of sales pressure
If you love fitness and making money this is the club for you.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON28 March 2017
I loved working here. I could not of asked for a better team to of been with. Everyone wants to see you succeed. It's a fun atmosphere did not feel like a job. Thank you Goodlife!
Pros
The people
Cons
Money based business
Fun but a lot of work
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
Need to have strong work ethic and not be afraid of sales in order to do this job successfully. It is great when you are seeing the results of your clients and hiring/developing your trainers to be successful.
Typical Day
Data entry of client information (Current Employee) –  Calgary Trail Edmonton25 March 2017
Typical Day a Goodlife requires a bunch of multi-tasking, which include: answering phones, greeting members, Data entry, cashout, paperwork, filing, handling money, cleaning equipment, customer service
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Unhappy members due to online payments
A good place to start, not the best place to stay
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 March 2017
Work is sporadic, basically its a sales job, with training being the product. Works for some, and not for others. Culture is good depending on the club, and the job can be fun. A constant hustle is required, without that you wont go anywhere in the company.
great, place to work with good people
Fitness Advisor & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 March 2017
everyday was new, meeting new people and new experiances.
everyday began with the sales meeting in the morning to get our head sharp. We would then focus on daily targets and decide how we were going to meet them.
Pros
free gym
Cons
long days (split shifts)
Great clients
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2017
I enjoyed working at goodlife, because the clients were great. I love working in a gym and staying fit. I was able to constantly learn and teach new material.
Pt/fm
Fitness Manager/Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON21 March 2017
Great corporate culture, great training and development, opportunities for advancement for staff. Not for the faint of heart. Must be a highly motivated self starter.
Pros
Flexible schedule, unlimited income potential
Underpaid
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2017
The co-workers are great for the most part
Very underpaid in comparison to other fitness facilities
Forced to annoy customers outside of GoodLife Facility (wasn't part of my job description)
Fun place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 March 2017
fun place to work, you get to meet lots of new people, you can take time and get to know the basics of excersising equpiment all while on the job. loved this job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.