GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews in Canada

fun place to work
great place to work with great perks (Current Employee) –  little far from homeJune 20, 2016
meet and Great members, every day is a different day. There are a lot of perks working at Good Life fitness, as well as a lot of locations all over Canada and now USA.
Pros
free membership
Cons
hours
Fun and exciting!
Motivator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 20, 2016
Working at GoodLife fitness is pure joy! It is a lot of fun, because you are constantly surrounded by uplifting people. I would recommend anyone who is still in school to pursue a job at GL.
Do not do it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 20, 2016
This job was one of the worst jobs I have ever had.
As a sales representative, the expectations are absolutely absurd. You have a morning meeting with your fellow sales consultants ( between 1-5 reps) you basically have to show in this book your given how many appointments you have, and have to " commit" to your manager how many sales you will get and how many personal training packages you will sell. If your thinking " I been in sales a long time this doesn't sound hard" trust me! I have been in sales for a really long time and always succeed ...except here. It's
Kinda hard when the " walk in people wanting to sign up" are only given to the manager or assistant. You have to commit to 3-5 hours of going out in the public and harassing people for their names and phone numbers where later you call harass them to book an appointment to come in. The hourly pay sucks. The commission sucks. You even have to pay for your own uniform and they hold
Pay for 4 weeks so good luck not having anything for a month. Don't do it!!!!
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Pay, hours, management, paying for your own uniform, the people who work there are fake, the traning
high targets and high turnover rates for FA
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 19, 2016
the pay and benefits are not in line with the amount of work you do. not a supportive of constructive work experience. daily tasks are high in number. 30 leads min a day, 6-8 booked appointments per day and must have a 50% closing sale ratio. must do a lot of outreach, cold calling, door to door. basically whatever it takes to get the numbers into the club. cult like atmosphere.
Pros
pay full time
Cons
long hours and high targets, stressful
Great fun atmosphere
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 13, 2016
I really enjoyed the company, I would say it is hard to move up in the cooperate side of the company without relocating to ontario
Pros
great culture
Cons
poor work life balance
Fun workplace, but can't be a long term.
PART TIME OVERNIGHT MOTIVATOR (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJune 13, 2016
Typical day at work; greeting the guest, make them feel awesome every time they come in the club.
Opportunities to meet lots of people with different profile.
Some are very HOT and healthy, and some are not but with the willingness to reach their target goals. and we, as motivator, our job is to keep them motivated whenever we see them coming in the gym.
Pros
free gym membership, towel service. you work on your own.
Cons
sometimes it's boring! lol
Great workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 8, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of scanning members in, answering phone calls, keeping the club tidy and presentable, tending to all members needs and complaints.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No help from other staff
interactive place & helps sustain healthy life
FITNESS ADVISOR/SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
-meetings in the morning
-called up appointments or referrals to setup appointments
-when for out reach to different establishments in the area
-dealt with any appointments i setup on the previous day
-if i had time left over i would mingle with members to see if families or friends needed a push towards a healthier lifestyle
Pros
longer lunchs
Cons
lunches were too long
Fun and social workplace with good benefits, however numerous members of staff including multiple managers were very unprofessional and innapropriate
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
It was a very enjoyable place to work, it had flexible hours and many options for advancement. Most of the staff was a very tight knit group who worked well together and got along in social settings. I learned socialization on a new level due to constantly interacting with members. However I found management very unprofessional and it was hard to deal with that on a daily basis.
Friendly staff and easy to work well with
Front Desk and Sales Associate - Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 5, 2016
- improved on social skills
- learned about personal trainer career
- friendly management
- can be a bit boring at times depending on work situation
Pros
free gym access
Cons
repetitive workload
Great company!
Motivator (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJune 2, 2016
Loved all my managers and co-workers. great atmosphere and overal company. free gym mebmership and perks included, pay could be higher though. love coming to work everyday and love what they stand for
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
poor pay
Great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 1, 2016
Some clubs get better rating as there are friendlier people. Goodlife has changed many lives. They should be a unionized company and have better wages as they are Canada's number 1 gym.
Fun and innovative
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 30, 2016
Fast pace environment with incredibly motivated people and filled with good vibes.

Energetic atmosphere

Management was awful
Felt disrespected and guilt tripped

Not the best coworkers
Pros
Ate lunch whenever
Cons
didn't feel safe and relaxed in this environment sometimes
Enjoy my job
Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Country Hills Village, ABMay 11, 2016
Do in joy my job , I have learned so much and how far I have come to apply my skill why skills to the next job I may go into. You really don't get good benefits or salary.
Great Culture
Club Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONMay 9, 2016
I've learned that not only can you live a good life by the sides of your family and friends, but you can live an even better life when you're healthy and active.

My average day is going through approval processes of fitness and personal training memberships, processing payments, club inventory orders, payroll, submission of broken machines to repairmen and staying active!

GoodLife Fitness supports all fitness goals, and enables us to stay active by generously giving a free membership to associate and one family member! The culture is amazing and ever growing. Never have I been so lucky to work for such a great company.
Pros
Culture, free gym membership, free classes, amazing team
Cons
long hours, lots of paperwork
Lots of opportunity
Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 4, 2016
Performance Based company allows you to move as quickly as you want to.

Can work across Canada

New locations opening all over
An okay place to work.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
A typical day consists of engaging clients towards the achievement of their fitness goals, providing structured workout programs and lifestyle tips for all fitness levels, and recruiting new members and personal training clients.

The company encourages employees to adapt to different clients needs, become incredibly personable, and to manage time and clients effectively.

GoodLife tends to micro manage their employees which I saw as a down side. While they emphasize personal, respectful and compassionate relationships between employees, employers, and members, I found the job to be in reality much more corporate, impersonal, and completely inflexible.

Generating new leads in an environment where clients and members are consistently called on and approached was one of the biggest obstacles at GoodLife,

However, the satisfaction of seeing someone accomplish something they once thought to be impossible was enjoyable. Educating others about the importance of physical activity, proper nutrition and the benefits of lifestyle changes was what I thought to be the most rewarding aspect of the job.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Incredibly long hours with no compensation nor the opportunity for flexibility.
Rewarding as far as helping others, terrible management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 2, 2016
There is no room to move forward in this company and you can find yourself kept in the dark the majority of the time. My direct supervisors and managers as well as the other associates I would work with day to day were fantastic and the overall moral was fantastic. But if help was required from home office, or people wanted to advance or even saw a potentially better way of accomplishing a goal they are put down, ignored, and many times unanswered. Anything, that i experienced anyway, above the local club level was extremely unprofessional. I would not work for this company again even though it was the most rewarding job experience I have had.
Pros
Help People reach goals
Cons
Poor Management
Co-Workers are friendly, but not the boss.
Child Minding (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
If my boss wasn't constantly checking on me, making sarcastic remarks and sending me text messages on every small piece of dust in the child minding room i missed, maybe I would have enjoyed my time more there. I worked 13 days straight once mostly worked 6 sometimes 7 days a week. Defiantly not worth the minimum wage with the stress I was put in.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Stressful.
I love the Company Culture and Vision
Manager Development Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
I had the pleasure of working for GoodLIfe Fitness for 10 year. It wasn't always easy, but was a great experience.

The company was growing so if you worked hard you would be rewarded. The training I received as a Manager and various other roles was amazing. I learned a lot about how to run a business, leadership, and mentoring others.

The most challenging parts were for many of the employees this was a first job or something they thought would be fun/easy. It is a business just like any other so it can be fun, but you have to put in effort, time, and a positive attitude to be successful.

A big part of working for GoodLife is the culture, which I loved. It was great working with other people to help the members achieve their goals. It was also rewarding to see your team members grow and achieve their personal goal.