GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great part time job to allow for felxability
Customer Service Representative (Motivator) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: flexable hours, advancement options
Cons: long hours, limited trainning
Goodlife offers a lot of flexibility in terms of schedule. the kind of laid back environment at Goodlife makes making positive work relationships. Goodlife also offers many opportunities to move to different positions within the company.
excellent
Motivator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
Pros: free use of the gym
Cons: n/a
working with company is always exciting. great people and customers as well. The club allows you to be who your are without judgement and if you need help someone is always there to assist you. Also need a healthy drink theres a juice bar next door.
Productive, fun place with an amazing atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJuly 9, 2015
Co-workers are amazingly friendly. Members are friendly. Overall it's a great place to work because of the flexibility of the shifts and the environment.
Part time better than full time
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 6, 2015
Part time is better than full time because for personal trainers they don't pay hourly. as an instructor they will pay for all the classes you teach
Overall positive environment among colleagues
Motivator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: free gym membership for family or friends after a year
Cons: difficulty switching late night shifts when needed
Working during peak club hours can often become very hectic, with constant multi-tasking. I have learned quite a bit more about the fitness industry and I am an expert towel folder now. I love my co-workers, they are mostly fun and like minded individuals. Management needs major improvement. Most employee requests or suggestions go unanswered or simply ignored. The hardest part of the job is the lack of staffing during peak hours, definitely a struggle at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping our members and encouraging them to improve their lives.
Productive , fun , good management
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), BramptonJune 22, 2015
Pros: Good management
Cons: Wages
Improved my communication skills ,
Imporved my multi tasking skills
Management is excellent
Most enjoyable part of the job is interracting with many people that come in.
Productive and fun workplace with gym equipment inside.
Receptionist /Customer service (Former Employee), Dunfield Club, Toronto OntarioJune 19, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: May have shifts were nothing is happening
A typical day at work would be working the front desk, signing people in, answering phone calls and questions.
I learned how to multitask and handle difficult people. How to work in a team with strangers.
Management was easy and laid back. Not really strict.
My coworkers were friendly, nice and, approachable. Willing to help and answer questions if I had any.
Hardest part of the job was trying to stay occupied during the slow periods of work.
Enjoyable part of the job was working with fun, laid back people and being able workout during your breaks.
Fun place with fun people
Personal Trainer/Receptionist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2015
Very off and on for being busy. I learned how to open up and be comfortable with strangers. Loved keeping busy and making the day go by quicker.
good life was great
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: free workout time
Cons: bad lighting
working at goodlife was a very humbling experience. it was my first job and really opened my eyes to see how having a job actually works. management was great as well as the client who worked there
Educational and fun work environment
Full- Time Level 3 Personal Trainer (Current Employee), St.CatharinesJune 13, 2015
Help people reach their fitness goals through education on fitness programming, assessments, and workouts. You work in one on one or small group sessions, where as a trainer you lead the 1 hour session.
Very fun workplace
Motivator (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONMay 28, 2015
Management was nice and fair.
Co workers were amazing.
The hardest part was waking up at 3am to open the gym for 4am.
I learned to test pool water levels and sign people up for memberships.
A wonderful place to work
Motivator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed the early morning start and greeting all the guest before they began their workout. The staff at Goodlife were all great to be around and work with.
Breaking into the Fitness Industry
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
This company is great for any trainer breaking into the Fitness Industry and looking to get their feet wet, very reputable, caring, and overly generous to its staff and members alike.
Fun work with high ethics and development
General Manager, Canyon Meadows location (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 20, 2015
Pros: good culture, great support, fun enviroment, healthy and fit people, benefits
Cons: long hours, repetitive work
During my time in my current position of general manager at GoodLife, I have successfully managed the club and a big team by making sure all the policies are being followed , focusing on health and safety of members and staff.\ and delivering a great customer service experience.

My day is very structured starts with lots of meetings in the morning then have an action plan for the day and make sure all the expectation are being met.
Poor management and the jod was not was I was promised
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Being in the gym all day meeting the great members
Cons: long hours and poor management
In my short time with Goodlife I was disappointed. After being in the Massage business for 3 1/2 plus years I was hoping to build my career into working as a personal trainer and massage therapist. This was explained in the hiring interview. I was told that I would be able to run my massage business and learn to train at goodlife. The demanding hours needed to fulfill daily job tasks took over my personal and massage business life. Unable to provide time for my current massage clients and the stress put on me as a trainer to fulfil sales number was disheartening to what I believed the personal training business to be. That is teaching clients how to better their lives and teach them to live a healthy lifestyle and teach them how to work out properly to lessen risk of injury and creating imbalances.
Management was very poor. From harassing texts on days of to demeaning meetings and contradicting rules and tasks.

I enjoyed being able to teach the few clients a little bit about fitness and give them my knowledge of a healthy lifestyle. I love communicating with people and being sociable and the gym allowed me to be very social and meat some great people.
If you like bugging people for numbers
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), GuelphMay 16, 2015
Pros: None really
Cons: Long, odd hours. Setup for failure, money isn't there. So much out of your control
Frustrating go at it! You can work as hard as you can talking to everyone you see but so much of this job is out of your control and it's all your responsibility because your only a number who is supposed to Bring in numbers.
You telemarket over the phone by bugging people when their at work, most times they never answer because like I said their at work! We make are calls around 11:30-12:30 and 3:30-4.30. The names and numbers we have to use when making our calls are from what you personally got the previous day which means standing at a booth in the club talking to members who walk by. You really feel like a homeless person begging for change it really doesn't feel good when most guys don't even care to give you a second of their time. Although some girls stop for their free t shirt and the you fake numbers or just the most horrible leads. Your salary depends on what those people wrote down for names and numbers. They may never answer, they may already be members, they may live out of town, may never show up for appointments or hang up on you. I don't even have to mention standing out front of a grocery store on a rainy afternoon to try and pass out free passes to the gym and try and get names and numbers.
It really is rediculous when you do everything asked of you and out of nowhere your asked to leave and clean up your desk and walk out. That is so cold, for no reason at all, it's wrong! Busted my butt In parking lots and events and talked to everyone who passed by me when trying to give away goodlife t shirts or a chance to win an umbrella that nobody wants.
Hours are – more... usually 10-7 or 11-8 so a pretty bad work/life balance. There was a job posting for my position 2 weeks before I was randomly asked to leave so maybe managemet was being fake for 2 weeks would be disgusting. I felt as though I didn't have a real job since if I wasn't telemarketing, I was standing at a booth bugging people for names and numbers before or after their workout and half looked down upon me, so it's not with constantly being rejected or talking to the same people everyday asking for names and numbers it really makes you feel like a shmuck.

During team meetings you have to let everyone know your numbers based on unreasonable expectations so ofcourse you always feel like a failure bexsuse you only got 13 of 30 leads and 1 appointment out of 9 and that guy didn't even show up. Again bottom line is, 70% of your results you have no control of! So it really isn't fair, so guys don't even bother it's only a stepping stone anyways but not worth the stress. Unrealistic anyways your setup for failure if you can't take walk ins and rely on leads from no frills parking lots and referall booth. – less
Productive place to work
Motivator (Former Employee), Millwoods Town CentreMay 14, 2015
Learned many skills & use them in everyday life. Gained experience in different work fields, enjoyed working with the people I did. It was a fun job to go to everyday.
Great Job for those who excel in sales
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: No work life balance
GoodLife Fitness Advisor is a great job for those who excel in sales and pushing a sale. As a health professional however I found that there was too much misinformation about what is healthy. I also found that there was more emphasis put on selling the member and not retaining them or living by the Core Values set out by the owner.
Productive and fun place to work at
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 27, 2015
Pros: Very nice staff
Cons: Not a lot of help around
work would be fun
learned how to mange my time and various people skills
co-workers were very nice and kind
hardest part about my job was the cleaning aspect
most enjoyable part was the people who worked there
Good company, with strong values
General Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 22, 2015
GoodLife was a very structured and enjoyable place to work. The company is great for developing the skills you need not only for GoodLife, but for many more career opportunities.

1 2 3 4 5

About GoodLife Fitness Clubs

Goodlife Fitness is the largest health club company in Canada with over 275 clubs. The company is 100% Canadian, and was founded – Read more