GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The fattest fitness corporation I've ever worked for
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Decent entry level wage, opportunities to advance
Cons: Hours not guaranteed, management is bad, bureaucracy in the corporation is terrible, work place drama.
GoodLife is very good at making money. As a personal trainer you have zero job security and will not begin making any real money until you level up to level three and above. What is required to level up seems to be very straight-forward, however upper management can stop you from leveling up if your numbers don't meet their expectations.
Typically you will work a split shift, 3 or 4 clients in the morning and 4 or 5 clients in the evening, if you have a full roster of clients that is.
I learned some valuable information through some of the advertised courses through GoodLife. These courses are expensive however and often require you to travel to them.
Management tends to have no training in human resources or general management at all. Those managing personal trainers have no job security either and are under constant stress to expand their numbers, making their lives difficult, and your lives difficult.
Your coworkers are often uneducated people hired as PT's off the floor because they look fit. This tends to make for some terrible training and workplace drama
Constantly fighting to keep a full schedule is the hardest part of this job
The best part of this job is working with your clients and seeing their progress.
Great workplace great employees, organized enviroment
Customer Service Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Working in a week around 40 hours, main objective customer retention, but dealing with cross functional departments on a day to day basis. Meeting with employees for 10 minutes before their shift starts.
Fun and excting worplace
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee), Okotoks, ABAugust 19, 2015
Great place to work with great co workers and management. This is a great place to grow and develop skills related to the sales industry.
Instructor-Group Exercise (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 13, 2015
A great place to work - very professional atmosphere and wonderful peers. Fitness is a very integral part of my life and I enjoy the role very much.
Fun environment to work in
Overnight Motivator (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 6, 2015
Pros: The work environment
Cons: The pay and opportunity for advancement
The boss at the company was the owner and he was very easy to get along with and made coming to work fun. While there I was working full time and doing University full time and playing hockey full time and I was super busy. This is what I think I loved the most about this job was how busy it kept me and employing only 4 employees we were a tight group that made the best of some bad situations.
Motivator at GoodLife Fitness
Motivator (Former Employee), North YorkAugust 5, 2015
Pros: free access to all gym facilities
Cons: none
Checking people in, assisting newcomers. A very unique experience. The hardest part of the job was to handle angry customers. The most enjoyable part was to see happy customers.
Not worth it
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), windsorAugust 5, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: long hours
The job seems really intriguing but the hours are long and the management can be sort of brutal at times. It's hard to establish what you're actually getting paid for as well which is kind of annoying
encouraging, fun, safe environment
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2015
Pros: one big family
Cons: manager
Helping clients achieve their health and fitness goals was the best part of the job. Seeing their faces light up after being able to do a specific exercise was amazing.
Very fun place to work at, lively peolpe and culture
Customer Service Representative/Child Care Staff (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 1, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: non
smiles, smile and more smiles. friendly gesture shown through out the club while members enjoy their exercise. staff members always find grounds to get along no matter the situation.
A great part time job to allow for felxability
Customer Service Representative (Motivator) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: flexable hours, advancement options
Cons: long hours, limited trainning
Goodlife offers a lot of flexibility in terms of schedule. the kind of laid back environment at Goodlife makes making positive work relationships. Goodlife also offers many opportunities to move to different positions within the company.
excellent
Motivator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
Pros: free use of the gym
Cons: n/a
working with company is always exciting. great people and customers as well. The club allows you to be who your are without judgement and if you need help someone is always there to assist you. Also need a healthy drink theres a juice bar next door.
Productive, fun place with an amazing atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJuly 9, 2015
Co-workers are amazingly friendly. Members are friendly. Overall it's a great place to work because of the flexibility of the shifts and the environment.
Part time better than full time
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 6, 2015
Part time is better than full time because for personal trainers they don't pay hourly. as an instructor they will pay for all the classes you teach
Overall positive environment among colleagues
Motivator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: free gym membership for family or friends after a year
Cons: difficulty switching late night shifts when needed
Working during peak club hours can often become very hectic, with constant multi-tasking. I have learned quite a bit more about the fitness industry and I am an expert towel folder now. I love my co-workers, they are mostly fun and like minded individuals. Management needs major improvement. Most employee requests or suggestions go unanswered or simply ignored. The hardest part of the job is the lack of staffing during peak hours, definitely a struggle at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping our members and encouraging them to improve their lives.
Productive , fun , good management
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), BramptonJune 22, 2015
Pros: Good management
Cons: Wages
Improved my communication skills ,
Imporved my multi tasking skills
Management is excellent
Most enjoyable part of the job is interracting with many people that come in.
Productive and fun workplace with gym equipment inside.
Receptionist /Customer service (Former Employee), Dunfield Club, Toronto OntarioJune 19, 2015
Pros: Free membership
Cons: May have shifts were nothing is happening
A typical day at work would be working the front desk, signing people in, answering phone calls and questions.
I learned how to multitask and handle difficult people. How to work in a team with strangers.
Management was easy and laid back. Not really strict.
My coworkers were friendly, nice and, approachable. Willing to help and answer questions if I had any.
Hardest part of the job was trying to stay occupied during the slow periods of work.
Enjoyable part of the job was working with fun, laid back people and being able workout during your breaks.
Fun place with fun people
Personal Trainer/Receptionist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2015
Very off and on for being busy. I learned how to open up and be comfortable with strangers. Loved keeping busy and making the day go by quicker.
good life was great
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: free workout time
Cons: bad lighting
working at goodlife was a very humbling experience. it was my first job and really opened my eyes to see how having a job actually works. management was great as well as the client who worked there
Educational and fun work environment
Full- Time Level 3 Personal Trainer (Current Employee), St.CatharinesJune 13, 2015
Help people reach their fitness goals through education on fitness programming, assessments, and workouts. You work in one on one or small group sessions, where as a trainer you lead the 1 hour session.
Very fun workplace
Motivator (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONMay 28, 2015
Management was nice and fair.
Co workers were amazing.
The hardest part was waking up at 3am to open the gym for 4am.
I learned to test pool water levels and sign people up for memberships.

1 2 3 4 5

About GoodLife Fitness Clubs

Goodlife Fitness is the largest health club company in Canada with over 275 clubs. The company is 100% Canadian, and was founded – Read more