GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work with high ethics and development
General Manager, Canyon Meadows location (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 20, 2015
Pros: good culture, great support, fun enviroment, healthy and fit people, benefits
Cons: long hours, repetitive work
During my time in my current position of general manager at GoodLife, I have successfully managed the club and a big team by making sure all the policies are being followed , focusing on health and safety of members and staff.\ and delivering a great customer service experience.

My day is very structured starts with lots of meetings in the morning then have an action plan for the day and make sure all the expectation are being met.
Poor management and the jod was not was I was promised
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Being in the gym all day meeting the great members
Cons: long hours and poor management
In my short time with Goodlife I was disappointed. After being in the Massage business for 3 1/2 plus years I was hoping to build my career into working as a personal trainer and massage therapist. This was explained in the hiring interview. I was told that I would be able to run my massage business and learn to train at goodlife. The demanding hours needed to fulfill daily job tasks took over my personal and massage business life. Unable to provide time for my current massage clients and the stress put on me as a trainer to fulfil sales number was disheartening to what I believed the personal training business to be. That is teaching clients how to better their lives and teach them to live a healthy lifestyle and teach them how to work out properly to lessen risk of injury and creating imbalances.
Management was very poor. From harassing texts on days of to demeaning meetings and contradicting rules and tasks.

I enjoyed being able to teach the few clients a little bit about fitness and give them my knowledge of a healthy lifestyle. I love communicating with people and being sociable and the gym allowed me to be very social and meat some great people.
If you like bugging people for numbers
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), GuelphMay 16, 2015
Pros: None really
Cons: Long, odd hours. Setup for failure, money isn't there. So much out of your control
Frustrating go at it! You can work as hard as you can talking to everyone you see but so much of this job is out of your control and it's all your responsibility because your only a number who is supposed to Bring in numbers.
You telemarket over the phone by bugging people when their at work, most times they never answer because like I said their at work! We make are calls around 11:30-12:30 and 3:30-4.30. The names and numbers we have to use when making our calls are from what you personally got the previous day which means standing at a booth in the club talking to members who walk by. You really feel like a homeless person begging for change it really doesn't feel good when most guys don't even care to give you a second of their time. Although some girls stop for their free t shirt and the you fake numbers or just the most horrible leads. Your salary depends on what those people wrote down for names and numbers. They may never answer, they may already be members, they may live out of town, may never show up for appointments or hang up on you. I don't even have to mention standing out front of a grocery store on a rainy afternoon to try and pass out free passes to the gym and try and get names and numbers.
It really is rediculous when you do everything asked of you and out of nowhere your asked to leave and clean up your desk and walk out. That is so cold, for no reason at all, it's wrong! Busted my butt In parking lots and events and talked to everyone who passed by me when trying to give away goodlife t shirts or a chance to win an umbrella that nobody wants.
Hours are – more... usually 10-7 or 11-8 so a pretty bad work/life balance. There was a job posting for my position 2 weeks before I was randomly asked to leave so maybe managemet was being fake for 2 weeks would be disgusting. I felt as though I didn't have a real job since if I wasn't telemarketing, I was standing at a booth bugging people for names and numbers before or after their workout and half looked down upon me, so it's not with constantly being rejected or talking to the same people everyday asking for names and numbers it really makes you feel like a shmuck.

During team meetings you have to let everyone know your numbers based on unreasonable expectations so ofcourse you always feel like a failure bexsuse you only got 13 of 30 leads and 1 appointment out of 9 and that guy didn't even show up. Again bottom line is, 70% of your results you have no control of! So it really isn't fair, so guys don't even bother it's only a stepping stone anyways but not worth the stress. Unrealistic anyways your setup for failure if you can't take walk ins and rely on leads from no frills parking lots and referall booth. – less
Productive place to work
Motivator (Former Employee), Millwoods Town CentreMay 14, 2015
Learned many skills & use them in everyday life. Gained experience in different work fields, enjoyed working with the people I did. It was a fun job to go to everyday.
Great Job for those who excel in sales
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: No work life balance
GoodLife Fitness Advisor is a great job for those who excel in sales and pushing a sale. As a health professional however I found that there was too much misinformation about what is healthy. I also found that there was more emphasis put on selling the member and not retaining them or living by the Core Values set out by the owner.
Productive and fun place to work at
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 27, 2015
Pros: Very nice staff
Cons: Not a lot of help around
work would be fun
learned how to mange my time and various people skills
co-workers were very nice and kind
hardest part about my job was the cleaning aspect
most enjoyable part was the people who worked there
Good company, with strong values
General Manager (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 22, 2015
GoodLife was a very structured and enjoyable place to work. The company is great for developing the skills you need not only for GoodLife, but for many more career opportunities.
fun
Fitness Motivator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: you are your own boss kinda
Cons: hours feel longer
It was fun working there because the atmosphere in the workplace was good to be around and I enjoyed working with clients.
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Work with great people
Cons: N/A
A work day is fun and learn how to deal with different clients, management is great lots of support. The co workers are great people to work with. the hard part is the closeing the deal with some clients and the enjoyable part is help some one change the life.
Janitor (Former Employee), Markville MallApril 4, 2015
Pros: Got to know many people
Cons: Hard labour and must be completely it a certain time
When I was working as a janitor for GoodLife Fitness, I was taught to clean the entire gym. I learned how to use the cleaning materials there. I learned to coordinate with my co-workers to be as efficient as possible. I also communicated with the customers there as well, and develop on-going relationships with them.
Positive work environment and constantly able to advance within the company
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Ancaster, ONMarch 31, 2015
- Friendly staff to work with on a day to day basis
- Everyone is very dedicated to their work and always willing to educate themselves to benefit their clients
- The hardest part of the job would be the split shifts and 12 hour days
- The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing success in your clients and watching them go through a life changing experience
fun, great atmosphere
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee), 2300 yonge streetMarch 26, 2015
Pros: get to workout for free and before my lunch
Cons: terrible assistant manager
a typical day at work involved talking to potential members and aiding them in getting started with their fitness goals, and at the same time developing leads and following up on leads inside and outside the club. I've learned how to effectively manage my time, the job required me to make my own schedule and make my own appointments which was very new to me. the general manager was great probably the best i've known, the assistant manager however is the worst i've known. I had a bad feeling about this manager from the start, they lacked professionalism and manners and i found out they were giving sales to a specific advisor because they were friends, which made my job harder because i had to try and match their sales. However i do enjoy the job because i love interacting with new people every day.
Is good to build personal life muscle and character
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
lots of hours, low pay. But great culture and work environment. Room for advancements. But again there lots of hour and income might not be guarantee every months
My goals
Motivator/JUMP (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free memberships
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoy the team that I work with as well as working individually. I have fun but I perform to the best of my ability, going out of my way to make a customer happy is what makes me happy, knowing I did my best.
Great place to settle for longterm career.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), edmontonMarch 19, 2015
A workplace driven by knowledge everyone in this place strives to learn more and display the best of their abilities. Each employee is given equal opportunity to move up both their status and financially.
Energetic and diverse environment to work in.
Club Administrator (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 17, 2015
The atmosphere is a great place to be in. It is very fast paced, but everyone always has a positive and peak attitude. It is great to be surrounded by people - both members and staff - who have the same goals and interests. It makes the place feel more unified.
Great people, and environment
Personal Training Specialist (Former Employee), North York, TorontoMarch 16, 2015
Fun environment, great colleagues. The most difficult part of the job was making sales to clients. It was always enjoyable to see when clients were pleased with results.
great atmosphere
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: hours
trained clients, had to meet sales objectives, hours aren't the greatest being a personal trainer. Great staff, just not a fan of how hard they push for sales rather than focusing on client goals
amazing structured company
FITNESS ADVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2015
Pros: worked in fitness
Cons: worked ots of hours
worked 6 days a week 10-8 managment was structered was able to work and also work out and help people become more healthy coworkers were very helpful and positive enviroment
High Pressure
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: hourly wage
Cons: long hours
GoodLife was not a great company to work for, there was a lot of pressure and the people were not that nice. Management didn't listen to any complaints.

1 2 3 4 5

About GoodLife Fitness Clubs

Goodlife Fitness is the largest health club company in Canada with over 275 clubs. The company is 100% Canadian, and was founded – Read more