GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews in Canada

na
PT (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONJuly 15, 2016
should have been unionized. working for free does not help individuals provide for their family. Company does not actually want personal training to be a career.
No work life balance.
Personal trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2016
Good job if your single. But if you have a family you'll never see them. No compensation for being there all day. Management is poor and most don't workout of even look like they workout. Turnover is really high.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
no sick days, no vacation, long hours, no compensation
Enjoyable work place
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 3, 2016
It requires hard work to be successful, but you will achieve success if you do what it takes! Compensation is more than fair, and the atmosphere/culture is amazing.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Long days
It's a postive, fun, productive work environment
MEMBER CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  McCaul/QueenJuly 2, 2016
it's great starting with the morning meetings getting pumped up and focused on the goal throughout the day. There is always something to do, I was always busy and talking with members it's about meeting peoples needs and doing it while having fun and making good money so I can be with family or friends and meet new ones as well. I would love to be employed by the again and stay and build a career.
Pros
you work extra hours
Cons
you work extra hours
Fun and friendly workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 28, 2016
Although it was just for coop I had a great experience and enjoyed the work environment and how the club is run. I learned how to provide excellent customer service as well as talking to the members. The management was wonderful and my co workers were great as well.
Pros
long breaks and fun environment
Cons
None I wish I had a full time training position here
It's a Great day at GoodLife
Fitness Trainer (Sales) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
I am a strong believer in GoodLife's Core Values, and have adapted them to everyday life.

I love to culture of the company, and everyone I work with; including managers who are encouraging and willing to mentor you to move up in the company.
Top in Atlantic Canada
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJune 27, 2016
I produced over 500,000$ for the company in under a half of a year

Learned so much about business and myself. It was in the eastcoast
Too Big
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 27, 2016
In smaller clubs its fun as a PT. In a larger club the vet's get overlooked and hard to give clients to.
Laid back work environment
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2016
I was lucky enough to have some amazing managers who trusted me to do my job. Not having someone breathe down your neck made committing to your expectations a lot easier. As a result, I was able to become a top performer. Typical day consists of you dealing with member inquiries, answering sales questions, making sales and generating leads for your business.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
was a midnight job at a gym.. i worked out and watched tv
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJune 22, 2016
Was a very easy job, clean the gym from top to bottom, learned how to do 8 hours of easy cleaning into 2 hours of intense cleaning(speed wise) and was still thorough with it.

then i got to spend 5-6 hours working out, talking to the few members that were there. watching tv
fun place to work
great place to work with great perks (Current Employee) –  little far from homeJune 20, 2016
meet and Great members, every day is a different day. There are a lot of perks working at Good Life fitness, as well as a lot of locations all over Canada and now USA.
Pros
free membership
Cons
hours
Fun and exciting!
Motivator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 20, 2016
Working at GoodLife fitness is pure joy! It is a lot of fun, because you are constantly surrounded by uplifting people. I would recommend anyone who is still in school to pursue a job at GL.
Do not do it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 20, 2016
This job was one of the worst jobs I have ever had.
As a sales representative, the expectations are absolutely absurd. You have a morning meeting with your fellow sales consultants ( between 1-5 reps) you basically have to show in this book your given how many appointments you have, and have to " commit" to your manager how many sales you will get and how many personal training packages you will sell. If your thinking " I been in sales a long time this doesn't sound hard" trust me! I have been in sales for a really long time and always succeed ...except here. It's
Kinda hard when the " walk in people wanting to sign up" are only given to the manager or assistant. You have to commit to 3-5 hours of going out in the public and harassing people for their names and phone numbers where later you call harass them to book an appointment to come in. The hourly pay sucks. The commission sucks. You even have to pay for your own uniform and they hold
Pay for 4 weeks so good luck not having anything for a month. Don't do it!!!!
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Pay, hours, management, paying for your own uniform, the people who work there are fake, the traning
high targets and high turnover rates for FA
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 19, 2016
the pay and benefits are not in line with the amount of work you do. not a supportive of constructive work experience. daily tasks are high in number. 30 leads min a day, 6-8 booked appointments per day and must have a 50% closing sale ratio. must do a lot of outreach, cold calling, door to door. basically whatever it takes to get the numbers into the club. cult like atmosphere.
Pros
pay full time
Cons
long hours and high targets, stressful
Great fun atmosphere
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 13, 2016
I really enjoyed the company, I would say it is hard to move up in the cooperate side of the company without relocating to ontario
Pros
great culture
Cons
poor work life balance
Fun workplace, but can't be a long term.
PART TIME OVERNIGHT MOTIVATOR (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJune 13, 2016
Typical day at work; greeting the guest, make them feel awesome every time they come in the club.
Opportunities to meet lots of people with different profile.
Some are very HOT and healthy, and some are not but with the willingness to reach their target goals. and we, as motivator, our job is to keep them motivated whenever we see them coming in the gym.
Pros
free gym membership, towel service. you work on your own.
Cons
sometimes it's boring! lol
Great workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 8, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of scanning members in, answering phone calls, keeping the club tidy and presentable, tending to all members needs and complaints.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No help from other staff
interactive place & helps sustain healthy life
FITNESS ADVISOR/SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
-meetings in the morning
-called up appointments or referrals to setup appointments
-when for out reach to different establishments in the area
-dealt with any appointments i setup on the previous day
-if i had time left over i would mingle with members to see if families or friends needed a push towards a healthier lifestyle
Pros
longer lunchs
Cons
lunches were too long
Fun and social workplace with good benefits, however numerous members of staff including multiple managers were very unprofessional and innapropriate
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
It was a very enjoyable place to work, it had flexible hours and many options for advancement. Most of the staff was a very tight knit group who worked well together and got along in social settings. I learned socialization on a new level due to constantly interacting with members. However I found management very unprofessional and it was hard to deal with that on a daily basis.
Friendly staff and easy to work well with
Front Desk and Sales Associate - Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 5, 2016
- improved on social skills
- learned about personal trainer career
- friendly management
- can be a bit boring at times depending on work situation
Pros
free gym access
Cons
repetitive workload

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Reviews by Location