GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company
Trainer for private and group classes (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 13, 2016
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Poor management
GoodLife was a good company to work except for the management. The regional manager wasn't very helpful and only cared about number. If we hit our numbers we were great, if we didn't hit the quotas we were the worst employees in the world.
Educational and fun workplace
Motivator (CSR) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
Working at GoodLife has so many benefits if you are into learning about healthy living and lifestyles. The pay is a bit of an issue, along with promised hours, but overall you are the to motivate and getting yourself inspired.
Great place to work if you are a fitness enthusiast
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Can make as much money you want, salary is $11 an hour and rest is all commission, depends on which location you are working , if its busy one lots of money can be made
loved the work environment.
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
If you are a health freak,this place is best for you.
You get to change your life along with the lives of others.least stress,alot of fun and good benefits.
This job was the most positive, healthy and motivating environment.
Gym Receptionist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: I loved how healthy it made me.
Cons: I didn't necessarily like cleaning up the dirty towels so much but hey!
I really enjoyed working at Goodlife, There was a lot of benifits such as having a free membership and being able to work out, and also gaining knowledge on how to train myself from trained and professional personal trainers.
Customers Rock /Management in need of a Manager
Motivator (Former Employee), Windsor, Ontario Tecumseh MallMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Scheduling flexibility and opportunity to pick up additional shifts.
Cons: Management high overturn due to young and inexperienced management team.
I absolutely loved interacting and motivating clients along their journey towards achieving a more active healthy lifestyle. Watching clients transformations as the set goals and reached each mileston. It was truly an honour to encourage them to keep on keeping on motivating them to stay focused and motivated when they may not necessarily be seeing physical results or have reached a plateau. Revisiting or revising activity and exercise plans as their needs and fitness goals change or are meet exceeded or no longer meet their visions for living and achieving their best possible selves and lives.
Fun work with high ethics and development
General Manager, Canyon Meadows location (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 20, 2015
Pros: good culture, great support, fun enviroment, healthy and fit people, benefits
Cons: long hours, repetitive work
During my time in my current position of general manager at GoodLife, I have successfully managed the club and a big team by making sure all the policies are being followed , focusing on health and safety of members and staff.\ and delivering a great customer service experience.

My day is very structured starts with lots of meetings in the morning then have an action plan for the day and make sure all the expectation are being met.
Fun busy workplace
Part-time Motivator and Team Training Instructor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2016
A wonderful experience working with this organisation. If you have an interest in fitness and like to see people improve themselves then this is the best place to work. The positive attitude and forward minded culture is great to be immersed in. You are encouraged to better yourself by continuous assessment and communication with management, this, I feel is a very clever way of making each associate see how they impact the clients experience and can better themselves too. A good team spirit is crucial to the success of all organisations. David Patchell-Evans has this mastered.
Energetic workplace, terrible work-life balance, no room to grow.
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Met tons of new people, felt energized at work, best shape of my life.
Cons: long hours, unprofessional management, rate of pay nil for first few weeks of working for them (until you build a client list)
An average day as a personal trainer at GoodLife fitness included meeting new gym members to get them started on training, walking the floors to make sure the gym was tidy, and meeting current clients to train them.
Motivating people towards their goals felt great, but the work-life balance was very hard with the rate of pay.
Job relies on ability to promote yourself
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Get to set your own schedule
Cons: Long Hours or split shifts are frequently needed.
Expect to spend at least 20 hours a week at the beginning 'prospecting' or directly promoting yourself to the public.

You will not be paid for these hours, they will instead advance you minimum wage/hour out of your eventual commission.

Expect to not have any sort of personal life for the first three months (or you will very likely be quitting).
Good Entry Level
Motivator and Key Holder (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Free membership for yourself, discount memberships for friends and family, networking opportunities
Cons: Standing for long periods of time, management varies from club to club
I've met a lot of great people working here. The networking opportunities are unreal and the people I've worked with have been great - except for a handful of bad apples.

However, I'm on my feet all day and I also do a lot of running around (ie, lifting weights off the ground, laundry service for towels, washroom checks, hourly club runs, etc.)

It's great for students as management is very accommodating of school schedules.
I love the Company Culture and Vision
Manager Development Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
I had the pleasure of working for GoodLIfe Fitness for 10 year. It wasn't always easy, but was a great experience.

The company was growing so if you worked hard you would be rewarded. The training I received as a Manager and various other roles was amazing. I learned a lot about how to run a business, leadership, and mentoring others.

The most challenging parts were for many of the employees this was a first job or something they thought would be fun/easy. It is a business just like any other so it can be fun, but you have to put in effort, time, and a positive attitude to be successful.

A big part of working for GoodLife is the culture, which I loved. It was great working with other people to help the members achieve their goals. It was also rewarding to see your team members grow and achieve their personal goal.
Good staff and a fun environment
Motivator (Current Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Free gym membership
Cons: long hours on feet
*help customers
*sort/ file paperwork
*sell memberships
*deal with fiancées
*great management
*help customers with gym equipment and usuage.
GoodLife is a great place to work!
General Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2016
Very well structured company that compensates well. Sales oriented so you may spend several hours a week there which is why Work/Life balance is low for me.
Long Hours, Mediocre pay, Expensive benifits, Great opportunity for Learning,
Sales Manager/ Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: The potential positive impact you can make in people's lives is awesome
Cons: frontline workers are under paid - turn over was crazy.
I met great people while working there. I learned a great deal and experience a great deal of success...but it was not easy!!!

I works incredibly hard and worked long hours. The job forced me out of my comfort zone and challenged my inhibitions.

The part I loved best was helping people. They would come feeling nervous or sad or frustrated. They wouldn't know where to start and I would show them and educate them and give them tools and options and sometimes (not always) it changed a person's life. And I was able to watch the change. That felt good.

Policies and procedures changed often making things a bit confusing at times.

Low rate in pay for frontline associates translated to low level of commitment to GL's so called " World Class Customer Service" and made employee attrition terrible.
Workplace environment
Motivational Speaker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: short shifts, low pay
Working at GoodLife allowed me to adapt into a multiple work base environment. I would be responsible to work with customer service relations, paper work, personal health and fitness, on hands sales, social and communications, telemarketing and collaborated group work environment. I also happened to learn how to work under pressure with on the job emergencies that enabled me to use my day to day social and communications skills as well as my critical and analytical skills.
Fun and exciting place to work
Membership Consultant/Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: free membership, and great classes
Cons: if in sale your life belongs to them
very motivating to do better and work hard to achieve your goals
Working as a motivator was the best part of working there you really just get to enjoy the company, the gym and the people.
personal training at goodlife
personal trainer (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
Cons: long hours no pay
Manager was not nice, long hours with very low pay. expect you to be a machine. go go go with no stopping. Manager interrogated me everyday
Works for some not for others.
Customer service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Excellent work place for someone who wants to dedicate their whole life to fitness and isn't aspiring to be a high level athlete or something that will also be time consuming. Long hours and highly sales driven.
If you sales driven this place is for you regardless of the position
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Typical Day:
Meetings
Prospecting
Clients

Management:
Hard seller's, fitness experience not necessary, client satisfaction disregarded, no appreciation of the work you do, never complimenting, stressed out daily.

Co-workers: