GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Great coworkers... job was aweful
Member experience specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 January 2017
I worked a few positions with goodlife, but the worst was as a member experience specialist at home office. The culture changed dramatically over the time I was there. It went from providing the best service to the members, to providing the fastest. It was very much a call centre environment.
They expect you to include A, B,C, D, and E in the call, but they want you to complete everything in 3 minutes, which is incredibly stressful. If you don't complete these things, you are reprimanded.
You are also yelled at on a daily basis by members, which emotionally drains you. And it always gets worse when there is a major change made to any of the clubs. You are usually the last to know about it, but you have to deal with all the complaints and backlash.
At the end of the day, the pay is really not worth the amount of work you do and the stress you deal with.
The one saving grace is that the people you work with are really great and I ended up making some really close relationships with them.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too much stress, little pay, evaluated on quantity not quality.
Loved the job
Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC20 January 2017
As a Fitness Trainer, I would make recommendations of available health and fitness services based on personal member needs and preferences. Reception and clerical duties including handing paperwork, filing, computer entries, bookkeeping and collecting payments. Greeting of new and regular clientele while providing a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Also building strong personal rapport and providing facility and equipment orientations.
All staff have to be CPR and AED every year.
My manager was awesome, unfortunately our location was converted to a different branch and most if not all staff were laid off.
The workplace culture was one of a kind. We were not just a ladies only fitness club, we were a community. From the staff to the members, we were always there for each other.
Hardest part of the job was the low pay, but the highlights of the job made it so worth it.
Giving ladies a safe place to be themselves and improve, as well as help to change their life by making healthy choices. It will be missed!
Pros
Free Canada wide membership!
Cons
Low pay
Good for students
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON19 January 2017
Greeted and scanned members into the
Laundry towels
Club runs
Deal with membership concerns
Collect payments

Most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with regular members. Hardest part of the job would definitely dealing upset members
Very exciting work enviornment
Personal Trainer - Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2017
Was a competitive rewarding job if you had the required skill set. Always had potential members around to build your client list if your skill set was in demand.
Pros
wages/commision
Cons
scattered hours
Great work environment (staff)
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 January 2017
The work environment (staff/customers) were great. Great culture!

Long work hours and little compensation, with a challenge to progress in the company because of lack of career advancement opportunities is why it is only 3 stars.
Pros
Staff, culture
Cons
Little pay, little opportunity for advancement
Flexible work environment with a diverse curture.
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Antigonish, NS11 January 2017
I enjoyed this establishment and the flexibility it provided.
It provided an environment I was very comfortable working it and
allowed me to meet many new people on a daily basis.
Not worth the pay
Childminding (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 January 2017
I work in childminding and it is minimum wage which is ridiculous for the amount of work required. Working shifts longer than 3 hours I also lose an hour of pay to pay for parking.
Experience
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
Goodlife fitness was an amazing opportunity for me. I got the chance to work there through a summer jobs program and I loved it. The environment was great and so were the people.
Great Welcoming Environment
Club Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 January 2017
I love what we do we have lots of fun.
Learned A lot
Own Office
EAP
Deadlines
Good Time Off
Good place to start your career
Personal Trainer Level (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 January 2017
Working here taught me how to communicate with a wide variety of people. It was one of the best jobs I had to expand my network in a new city. Be prepared to build your own business from scratch.
Pros
free membership
Cons
long unpaid hours prospecting for new clients
Great Place to work
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB4 January 2017
A great place to work with friendly people around. If you workout you will love it. If you do not, might as well give it a try.
easy going
Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
I have been with the company for over eight years. Its a great atmosphere and easy going, fantastic coworkers and members. I recomend to work with this fast growing company
Pros
easy going
Energetic motivated team
Personal Trainer & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 December 2016
Working individually and with a team to complete daily activities for both the gym and the client.
Each day presenting new challenges and more accomplishments
Pros
flexable hours
excellent organization
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2016
this organization has a tremendous, infectious team morale throughout the country, with over 350 clubs and growing this place has developed way more than just a gym.

would highly recommend to use these facilities as a consumer but also as an employee if an opportunity presented itself.
Best workplace
Accounting Associate - Receivables (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 December 2016
Amazing work place and enjoy your day; go everyday with purpose and learn new things; one of the best brand of Canada; second to none; relax environment and recommend others to start a good career
Pros
worklife balance
Cons
slow decision making; sometime feels like too relax
Great work atmosphere
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2016
Create own business with outside sales and referrals to meet or exceed monthly quota
Responsible for organizing new customers billing and finalizing contracts
Follow up with new members and track fitness routine and goals.
fun work environment with approachable staff
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 December 2016
Great job, fun, lots of help when necessary, management is great. Very enthusiastic conference calls, Trying to meet quota during slow months is a burden
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
long hours, no paid over time and constant stress of meeting quota
Nice people to work with. Company doesn't care if you succeed.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 December 2016
If you want to be a personal trainer do it by yourself. Terrible experience. The people you work with are nice. But the company could care less about the personal trainers.
Pros
Nice people, free gym membership.
Cons
The pay, unsupportive and disconnected management.
Productive fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 November 2016
Excellent place to work. great atmosphere, especially the members. nothing else can be said. except you experience it for yourself.
Pros
Commission on membership sales
Cons
Members can be annoying
If you like the gym
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
Goodlife is the name in health and fitness facilities throughout Canada. Working for the goodlife team was a great experience and offered alot of growth within the health and fitness field.