GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

long days stuck in an office.
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 September 2017
Id begin my day in an office with no windows calling people to see if they wanted to come in and set up a gym membership. the management was good, but always changing. everyone there was great. great work family and would like to hang out, outside of work. the hardest part was the customers getting angry for calling them. the most enjoyable was the free memembership.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
long hours stuck inside an office.
Energizing and upbeat
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC20 September 2017
Goodlife Fitness was a fairly good company to work for. They provided everything you'd want in a job. Fun atmosphere, friendly coworkers, energetic workplace. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Goodlife & would work for them again
Personal Trainer
Fitness Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ON13 September 2017
really long hours, where every day is a grind, management plays favorites.You are a left to look for your own clients and get little to no assistance from management.
Pros
commission, lots of down time, work your own hours
Cons
Grind, purely commission, poor management, no assistance from management
Fun workplace, friendly environment.
FITNESS TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 September 2017
Working with GoodLife Fitness was a good place for me to work because of the flexibility in hours, but the best part of the job was the people. The club that I worked at had a better, friendlier atmosphere than any other gym in the area.
Great place
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2017
GoodLife is a super fun place to be and work for as a company. You meet great people and get the chance to really improve social skills as well. Goodlife is a great place to be.
Poor Leadership
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2017
Leadership is weak creating inefficiencies and chaos which ultimately causes those with vision and skill to fall victim to leaders masking their insecurities, unprofessionalism and lack of knowledge.
Pros
beautiful new office space, gym membership perks
Cons
long hours, poor compensation, minimal benefits, no savings options, terrible continuing education, awful travel accomidations
Good, free gym usage
Sales and Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 August 2017
Good, got to use the gym whenever I wanted, felt left out because I was overweight from my coworkers, not a good place to work if you have any sort of social anxiety
Pros
gym use
Cons
selt esteem issues
great friendly place to work
Members Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 August 2017
Great place to work! Friendly and helpful.
They take care of there member experience personal very well. Great training involved so you can be the best at your job.
Great place to work - Lot's of growth and development opportunities
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 August 2017
Really enjoyed my time here. Great atmosphere. Good benefits and perks. Always felt supported from upper management. The culture was one of positivity - you do work hard but helping people and seeing them reach their goals is very rewarding!
Pros
Free Gym membership, Fun place to work, Good Pay
Fun and interesting
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 August 2017
Working at Goodlife fitness showed me how to properly deal with certain situations, it also allowed me to grow and enable my skills usefully to day to day.
Great workplace
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 August 2017
I love my job at Goodlife fitness, the management is excellent and the environment is well structured. My manager is extremely approachable and reachable when needed.
Great oppertunities to move up if you are a hard worker
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2017
Lots of activity. Structure to help build your business. Tools are provided to make your business thrive. It is alot of work and if you tend to be a person who doesn't want to work this is not your job. You must be a people person and understand the value of hard work. The culture is fantastic and we have great monthly motivating sales launches. The hardest part of the job is outreach / street reach, trying to find ways to think outside the box to achieve leads for prospective opportunities.
Very Education Work Environmment
Motivator/ Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2017
Interacting with the general public, working in a team environment, learning new skills, being educated on how to look after your health and then passing that on to the members, work place culture always great, management communication superb, most enjoyable part of the job... everything.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Waste of 2 years
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 July 2017
Clients were the best part, the rest is history and nothing good to say about it. Hopefully the unionization process goes through soon for trainers still there. Very high turn over rate.
Cons
only being paid when training, expected to do alot of free consults/cleaning/floor walks
GoodLife Fitness
Personal Fitness Trainer, Fitness manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 July 2017
Good company to work for overall. I would give them 3/5 stars. The management lacks personal relationships with there employees, and fails to support other management.
Pros
multicultural environment
Cons
the pay structure, and management
Great people to work with in club
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS19 July 2017
I loved my job while I was there as a motivator but it always felt like the only thing the company cared about was money and not their members. Working as a motivator offered great flexibility with school, but any other position I would not work.
Great workplace to work at
Sales Associate & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 July 2017
This was Co-op placement.
Usually came to workplace at 8am or 9am depending when my manager calls me in at and I would leave around 3pm or 4pm. What I learned at this workplace was how to keep people at the gym happy. Workplace always seemed alive, did not feel dead at all because we did get busy in work and at same time we did get a little bit of break. There wasn't really any hard part at my job, everything was really easy so I did not have any trouble doing something. The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping our customers happy.
high traffic
Locker Room Attendant/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
- many wonderful regular members that treat you with respect
- new members do not interact with the staff as much
- expect high traffic at all hours
- beginning of the year is always hectic because of New Year's resolutions
- come early March the traffic goes down significantly
- holidays will be the most peaceful
- hardly catch a break, too much to do
- will receive many complaints about facilities that do not work i.e., steam room
Pros
a member always brought breakfast for the staff on the weekends
Cons
a lot of workload
Fun place to work / great work life balance
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
helped broaden my understanding, revealing some amazing professional templates for software development minus the hard work, Fun place to work / great work life balance
GoodLife Fitness
Front desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2017
I am a front desk receptionist, I answer phones,scan in the members. I clean the gym area, wash and fold towels. I love working at the gym. The managers are amazing, I also love that I get to workout 6 days a week. However I am currently working a 10 pm to 6 am shift. These hours effect my schooling and education. This is the reason in why I am currently looking for a new job. I am interested in receptionist jobs. As well I do have my pro serve for waitress or bar tending . I also have experience in retail, although I am looking for something with a higher pay. Ideally around 15$ hourly and up. Feel free to contact me, references available upon request.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Overnight shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.