GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2016
I learned how build my own business, pursue my own personal goals, and grow my love for the fitness industry. Management was great and always there for me every step of the way
Pros
Great team
Cons
I was able to stay fit and work
motivator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 27, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working at GoodLife fitness. My co workers were very nice people I'm glad I got to meet them. The environment was very positive and fun. I also enjoyed welcoming members into the gym with a positivity.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
there was cons
Great environment, Bad management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 27, 2016
The environment is great, I loved being at the gym all day everyday and working with individual clients. Working with a bunch of young aspire trainers was great also and developed some good relationships. On the other hand, this company has way too much priority on sales, I didn't want to become a trainer so I could worry about selling all day everyday. The management puts so much pressure on all of its trainers to sell sell sell, if you do sell you get praised for about a day then the following day you're expected to sell more sessions and if not you're back to getting yelled at for not making the company money. At the end of it, they're was much more pressure to sell than there actually was training clients. If you want to do sales everyday all day then this is the job for you but for me I'd rather be training clients than continually harassing members on getting started with training.

In summary, a great atmosphere and most people are good. Could probably complain about the way they go about things all day but I won't, too much pressure on sales management doesn't care about you personally only about if you're making sales. Feels like you have to be a robot working for an evil corporation.

Better options out there for trainers.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Management, not caring for you, more sales than training.
Good Company, No work life balance.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Working for GoodLife is a great job, but it offers low income and has low to almost no work life balance. Great people to work with, awesome culture.
workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 26, 2016
good work place and employees, made great friendships and also was able to learn a lot with handling clients as they had a fitness goal to achieve, i was able to offer guidence
Changing peoples lives
Club Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Great company to work for but unless you go into sales there is no advancement.
It can be a very fun place to work; the members are the best part.
I usually work the front desk for a few hours greeting members, scanning them in and preparing any paperwork to make any changes/payments to their account.
Later, I take all of the paperwork and cash to the back and go through the paperwork making sure that everything is correct on the paper and in the computer. If there is a problem I call the member to explain what is needed and make sure they understand what and why we need the information. I make sure that the cash balances and prepare the bank deposit as needed. Also responsible for taking the deposit to the bank.
As a hole, I love my job however, there is no room for advancement unless I go into sales which is quite high stress with daily goals.
I would continue doing this job forever however, I am looking for more challenges.
Fantastic workplace, with amazing staff members and amazing management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONSeptember 21, 2016
I absolutely loved working here, school did get in the way causing me to leave, but everything there was amazing. The staff was friendly and welcoming, the management team was also very friendly and welcoming. It felt as if it was a very close family-like environment in the workplace. Absolutely loved going to work and hated leaving.
Pros
Free workout time, close staff, friendly staff, friendly management
Cons
N/A
Tough bu rewarding
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 21, 2016
I love to encourage, inspire, and motivate others to achieve their fitness goals and I was able to accomplish this at Goodlife. I found out the hard way that you're expected to be more of a salesman than a trainer which I disliked.
Great Experience
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 14, 2016
Great place to start off. I worked here for 7 years and I would never change it for the world, My superiors were fabulous. Alot of growth and networking done.
Great place to work need better management
Personal Trainer, fitness manager (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 7, 2016
Really focused on making everyone a part of my family circle and enjoyed every day I worked there. Since meeting new people with a common goal is a enjoying making a difference in someones life is an experience that I will never forget. The problem was dealing with management everyday and making me feel like a kid instead of an adult was the reason why I left both times.
Lots of Oppurtunity for Advancement
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Very positive company culture. Learned viable tools such as retention, scheduling, and motivation of staff and members.

Long hours that exceed over 44 hours (unpaid), on call 24/7 (unpaid).
Pros
Mostly positive atmosphere
Cons
Many groups form Cliques, lack of appreciation for associates from some management.
Great management but terrible work policies
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 5, 2016
This is not your average hourly job, the only time you are being paid is when you are in a work meeting, and training clients. Aside from that you are there on your own time trying to acquire clients from within the gym. The hardest part of the job is making sure your clients come and train for that hour block of time. If they do not show up, you will not be paid. You can decide to charge the client if they do not give you 24 hours notice of the cancellation. If you do charge them, you can be sure that some clients will be sour because they do not appreciate your time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to talk and learn about other peoples lives while you help them improve their physical wellness and lifestyle and helping them reach their fitness goals.
Terrible Management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 2, 2016
Management are all inexperienced, immature, vindictive and incredibly ignorant.Expectations were totally unrealistic and was punished if the expectations were not met.
Pros
Free Gym mebership
Cons
Long hours, Expectations of working for no pay
good experience
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 31, 2016
It will be what you make of it, I made a lot of money but spend a lot of time at work.Too much time away from work, great training and wages. The best place for work in the industry.
Positive healthy work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONAugust 15, 2016
I always looked forward to my work day because the energizing environment I was fortunate to work in. Members and staff are/were friendly, positive and made your day a positive one. Management supported you and encouraged personal health development. Working for GoodLife Fitness encouraged me to take the path I am on in my Nutrition studies journey. The ground work for my studies was laid by seeing how nutrition, health, fitness and personal mental development all go hand in hand. I am on an amazing journey of discovery.
Pros
Free membership
If fitness is your passion, don't work here
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONAugust 3, 2016
Management sucks unless they have been in the role for years and actually know how to lead. Micromanagers galore. IT IS A SALES JOB. That is all you learn how to do.. you essentially teach yourself how to be a trainer.
Long hours which are unpaid after your 3 months. The money you make in your probation period is essentially "loaned" and then you pay it back with your commission from sales. You get written up if you don't have enough clients or hours after probation... this happens every month until you hit target hours. Co-workers and clients will be the only thing that keep you sane but it is not worth it overall.
Pros
working with clients and getting people results
Cons
management, no work/life balance, no job security or stable income
Great workplace with Knowledgable people
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJuly 28, 2016
Busy work days tailored to my schedule. Work with fantastic and knowledgable trainers who are always willing to help in a great team atmosphere. Working with clients one on one and seeing their results is the most satisfying part of my job.
na
PT (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONJuly 15, 2016
should have been unionized. working for free does not help individuals provide for their family. Company does not actually want personal training to be a career.
No work life balance.
Personal trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2016
Good job if your single. But if you have a family you'll never see them. No compensation for being there all day. Management is poor and most don't workout of even look like they workout. Turnover is really high.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
no sick days, no vacation, long hours, no compensation
Enjoyable work place
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 3, 2016
It requires hard work to be successful, but you will achieve success if you do what it takes! Compensation is more than fair, and the atmosphere/culture is amazing.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Long days

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Reviews by Location