GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Culture
Club Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONMay 9, 2016
I've learned that not only can you live a good life by the sides of your family and friends, but you can live an even better life when you're healthy and active.

My average day is going through approval processes of fitness and personal training memberships, processing payments, club inventory orders, payroll, submission of broken machines to repairmen and staying active!

GoodLife Fitness supports all fitness goals, and enables us to stay active by generously giving a free membership to associate and one family member! The culture is amazing and ever growing. Never have I been so lucky to work for such a great company.
Pros
Culture, free gym membership, free classes, amazing team
Cons
long hours, lots of paperwork
Rewarding as far as helping others, terrible management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 2, 2016
There is no room to move forward in this company and you can find yourself kept in the dark the majority of the time. My direct supervisors and managers as well as the other associates I would work with day to day were fantastic and the overall moral was fantastic. But if help was required from home office, or people wanted to advance or even saw a potentially better way of accomplishing a goal they are put down, ignored, and many times unanswered. Anything, that i experienced anyway, above the local club level was extremely unprofessional. I would not work for this company again even though it was the most rewarding job experience I have had.
Pros
Help People reach goals
Cons
Poor Management
Workplace environment
Motivational Speaker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
Working at GoodLife allowed me to adapt into a multiple work base environment. I would be responsible to work with customer service relations, paper work, personal health and fitness, on hands sales, social and communications, telemarketing and collaborated group work environment. I also happened to learn how to work under pressure with on the job emergencies that enabled me to use my day to day social and communications skills as well as my critical and analytical skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
short shifts, low pay
Co-Workers are friendly, but not the boss.
Child Minding (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
If my boss wasn't constantly checking on me, making sarcastic remarks and sending me text messages on every small piece of dust in the child minding room i missed, maybe I would have enjoyed my time more there. I worked 13 days straight once mostly worked 6 sometimes 7 days a week. Defiantly not worth the minimum wage with the stress I was put in.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Stressful.
Fun and positive work environment
Fitness Motivator (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 10, 2016
Great place to work. Work as a motivator at the front desk. I greet and talk to members as the enter the gym. Light cleaning duties are part of the position, booking tanning appointments, answering the phone and occasional instruction of proper equipment usage. Positive energy in the club.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
No hours. Limited advancement options in position.
Customers Rock /Management in need of a Manager
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario Tecumseh MallMarch 21, 2016
I absolutely loved interacting and motivating clients along their journey towards achieving a more active healthy lifestyle. Watching clients transformations as the set goals and reached each mileston. It was truly an honour to encourage them to keep on keeping on motivating them to stay focused and motivated when they may not necessarily be seeing physical results or have reached a plateau. Revisiting or revising activity and exercise plans as their needs and fitness goals change or are meet exceeded or no longer meet their visions for living and achieving their best possible selves and lives.
Pros
Scheduling flexibility and opportunity to pick up additional shifts.
Cons
Management high overturn due to young and inexperienced management team.
I love the Company Culture and Vision
Manager Development Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
I had the pleasure of working for GoodLIfe Fitness for 10 year. It wasn't always easy, but was a great experience.

The company was growing so if you worked hard you would be rewarded. The training I received as a Manager and various other roles was amazing. I learned a lot about how to run a business, leadership, and mentoring others.

The most challenging parts were for many of the employees this was a first job or something they thought would be fun/easy. It is a business just like any other so it can be fun, but you have to put in effort, time, and a positive attitude to be successful.

A big part of working for GoodLife is the culture, which I loved. It was great working with other people to help the members achieve their goals. It was also rewarding to see your team members grow and achieve their personal goal.
An enjoyable morning playing with kids
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work at GoodLife Fitness for myself would be an early morning start. Spending my Saturday mornings with the kids couldn't make me any happier to be honest. The managment is great, and I get along wonderfully with all of my co-workers. Hardest part of the job would be when we have a lot of kids at the same time, but I enjoy every moment of it.
Pros
Energetic Environment
Good Entry Level
Motivator and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2016
I've met a lot of great people working here. The networking opportunities are unreal and the people I've worked with have been great - except for a handful of bad apples.

However, I'm on my feet all day and I also do a lot of running around (ie, lifting weights off the ground, laundry service for towels, washroom checks, hourly club runs, etc.)

It's great for students as management is very accommodating of school schedules.
Pros
Free membership for yourself, discount memberships for friends and family, networking opportunities
Cons
Standing for long periods of time, management varies from club to club
Fun busy workplace
Part-time Motivator and Team Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2016
A wonderful experience working with this organisation. If you have an interest in fitness and like to see people improve themselves then this is the best place to work. The positive attitude and forward minded culture is great to be immersed in. You are encouraged to better yourself by continuous assessment and communication with management, this, I feel is a very clever way of making each associate see how they impact the clients experience and can better themselves too. A good team spirit is crucial to the success of all organisations. David Patchell-Evans has this mastered.
Good Company
Trainer for private and group classes (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 13, 2016
GoodLife was a good company to work except for the management. The regional manager wasn't very helpful and only cared about number. If we hit our numbers we were great, if we didn't hit the quotas we were the worst employees in the world.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
If you sales driven this place is for you regardless of the position
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Typical Day:
Meetings
Prospecting
Clients

Management:
Hard seller's, fitness experience not necessary, client satisfaction disregarded, no appreciation of the work you do, never complimenting, stressed out daily.

Co-workers:
Jaded, Dog eat dog.
Sales is all they care about
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 15, 2016
In a 40 hour week of personal training training, 1 hour was spent shadowing the manager train someone, at least 6 hours was spent talking about price presentation and sales tactics. All they care about is sales and pressuring you to find clients or else you can't go home
Pros
Nothing is worth it
Cons
Everything about the job
Job relies on ability to promote yourself
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
Expect to spend at least 20 hours a week at the beginning 'prospecting' or directly promoting yourself to the public.

You will not be paid for these hours, they will instead advance you minimum wage/hour out of your eventual commission.

Expect to not have any sort of personal life for the first three months (or you will very likely be quitting).
Pros
Get to set your own schedule
Cons
Long Hours or split shifts are frequently needed.
Fun and exciting place to work
Membership Consultant/Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 13, 2016
very motivating to do better and work hard to achieve your goals
Working as a motivator was the best part of working there you really just get to enjoy the company, the gym and the people.
Pros
free membership, and great classes
Cons
if in sale your life belongs to them
Educational and fun workplace
Motivator (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
Working at GoodLife has so many benefits if you are into learning about healthy living and lifestyles. The pay is a bit of an issue, along with promised hours, but overall you are the to motivate and getting yourself inspired.
Amazing place to work!
Club Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 8, 2016
GoodLife fitness is a fun and rewarding place to work! I have met so many amazing people there and developed so many great skills. A typical day for me involves lots of paperwork, organization, supply management and overseeing club function.
high pace, environment
Motivator/ Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
i enjoyed working for goodlife.. the staff is great, the members are great, however, it is not my passion.

interacting with the different elements of fitness was a great experience, it made me a better communicator.
GoodLife Summary
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 14, 2015
I learned alot of independent work skills while working with GoodLife.
The management was hard to work with because he was very biased with concerns and issues. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing friendly faces (members that come in every day).
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 17, 2016
• Greet visitors or callers and handled their inquiries.
• Scheduled and confirmed appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
• Maintained proper cleanliness in the studio.
• Responsible as a key holder for opening and closing the studio.
• Met daily sale quotas.