GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work!
Club Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 8, 2016
GoodLife fitness is a fun and rewarding place to work! I have met so many amazing people there and developed so many great skills. A typical day for me involves lots of paperwork, organization, supply management and overseeing club function.
GoodLife is a great place to work!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2016
Very well structured company that compensates well. Sales oriented so you may spend several hours a week there which is why Work/Life balance is low for me.
fun people to work with
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 5, 2016
The most fun and most stressful job I've ever had. Fun people to work with, amazing feeling to see a member see results. But commission levels suck big time. Very repetitive meetings at 11am and then again at 3pm.
An enjoyable morning playing with kids
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work at GoodLife Fitness for myself would be an early morning start. Spending my Saturday mornings with the kids couldn't make me any happier to be honest. The managment is great, and I get along wonderfully with all of my co-workers. Hardest part of the job would be when we have a lot of kids at the same time, but I enjoy every moment of it.
Pros
Energetic Environment
Cons
High energy and fun workplace
Zumba Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
A high energy and fun workplace that encourages a healthy lifestyle. Friendly and welcoming staff and members. Lively and rewarding work environment.
sales driven
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 30, 2016
very competitive and sales driven. I learned alot about myself and a person and grew in confidence. It taught me alot about the fitness industry and what it takes to be successful in sales
Pros
working out
Cons
pushing sales
fun atmosphere
Personal Trainer / Kickboxing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 26, 2016
very friendly, positive and motivating.
social and outgoing coworkers.
supportive and helpful
enjoy going into work and training clients
Productive and Fun Work Place
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Goodlife is a wonderful place to be apart of.From the management to co-workers it is a very welcoming atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday.
Fun environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Being a co-op at Goodlife Fitness is an enjoyable experience. The overall environment is very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Filling paperwork
Great co-workers, great clients
Club Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 22, 2016
A great overall experience that had me leaving each day with the satisfaction of accomplishment. Getting the clients a good experience was paramount.
Works for some not for others.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Excellent work place for someone who wants to dedicate their whole life to fitness and isn't aspiring to be a high level athlete or something that will also be time consuming. Long hours and highly sales driven.
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 17, 2016
• Greet visitors or callers and handled their inquiries.
• Scheduled and confirmed appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
• Maintained proper cleanliness in the studio.
• Responsible as a key holder for opening and closing the studio.
• Met daily sale quotas.
Sales is all they care about
Personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 15, 2016
In a 40 hour week of personal training training, 1 hour was spent shadowing the manager train someone, at least 6 hours was spent talking about price presentation and sales tactics. All they care about is sales and pressuring you to find clients or else you can't go home
Pros
Nothing is worth it
Cons
Everything about the job
it was a horrible place to work
Fitness Advisor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Job Sucks it was horrible no life balance. I had no day my co workers are great but manager tamer is no good. I had to work 9-9 basically all the time and the manager always told me to get a new haircut. I didn't learn anything.
Good Entry Level
Motivator and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2016
I've met a lot of great people working here. The networking opportunities are unreal and the people I've worked with have been great - except for a handful of bad apples.

However, I'm on my feet all day and I also do a lot of running around (ie, lifting weights off the ground, laundry service for towels, washroom checks, hourly club runs, etc.)

It's great for students as management is very accommodating of school schedules.
Pros
Free membership for yourself, discount memberships for friends and family, networking opportunities
Cons
Standing for long periods of time, management varies from club to club
Fun and exciting place to work
Membership Consultant/Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 13, 2016
very motivating to do better and work hard to achieve your goals
Working as a motivator was the best part of working there you really just get to enjoy the company, the gym and the people.
Pros
free membership, and great classes
Cons
if in sale your life belongs to them
Fun busy workplace
Part-time Motivator and Team Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2016
A wonderful experience working with this organisation. If you have an interest in fitness and like to see people improve themselves then this is the best place to work. The positive attitude and forward minded culture is great to be immersed in. You are encouraged to better yourself by continuous assessment and communication with management, this, I feel is a very clever way of making each associate see how they impact the clients experience and can better themselves too. A good team spirit is crucial to the success of all organisations. David Patchell-Evans has this mastered.
Fun lively energitic workplace
Customer Service Coordinator / Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Best place to work as a young adult
helped make people healthy each and every day
sales training is beyond measurable
a place to smile everyday
lots of ladders to climb
Amazng
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Personally couldn't be happier with the company and staff. Great work place environment and fantastic team. Management was very approachable and I honestly do not have a bad thing to say about Good Life Fitness
FUN
GoodLife Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 27, 2015
If you have a passion for fitness this is the place for you. Motivating and energetic people. Peak attitude is a must when motivating other people to work out.