GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Co-Workers are friendly, but not the boss.
Child Minding (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: Free Gym Membership
Cons: Stressful.
If my boss wasn't constantly checking on me, making sarcastic remarks and sending me text messages on every small piece of dust in the child minding room i missed, maybe I would have enjoyed my time more there. I worked 13 days straight once mostly worked 6 sometimes 7 days a week. Defiantly not worth the minimum wage with the stress I was put in.
I love the Company Culture and Vision
Manager Development Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
I had the pleasure of working for GoodLIfe Fitness for 10 year. It wasn't always easy, but was a great experience.

The company was growing so if you worked hard you would be rewarded. The training I received as a Manager and various other roles was amazing. I learned a lot about how to run a business, leadership, and mentoring others.

The most challenging parts were for many of the employees this was a first job or something they thought would be fun/easy. It is a business just like any other so it can be fun, but you have to put in effort, time, and a positive attitude to be successful.

A big part of working for GoodLife is the culture, which I loved. It was great working with other people to help the members achieve their goals. It was also rewarding to see your team members grow and achieve their personal goal.
Workplace environment
Motivational Speaker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: short shifts, low pay
Working at GoodLife allowed me to adapt into a multiple work base environment. I would be responsible to work with customer service relations, paper work, personal health and fitness, on hands sales, social and communications, telemarketing and collaborated group work environment. I also happened to learn how to work under pressure with on the job emergencies that enabled me to use my day to day social and communications skills as well as my critical and analytical skills.
Healthy lifestyle and Goal oriented
Front Desk Receptionist and Child Minding Program (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 11, 2016
Pros: The kids, Peoples fitness goals, new people all the time, goal oriented environment
Cons: Not enough people behind the desk.
I worked the 9am to 5pm shift. There was always paperwork to get done, phones to answer and people to greet, we were always busy.
Having many different kinds of people come in to workout, train, go over banking problems or just to check out the club gave me the skills to appropriately help everyone that step foot into the facility.
Since it is a fitness environment some people were more shy than others so I knew it was my job, as the first face they see walking in, to make sure I am high energy, always positive and make sure they feel comfortable. Some people came in very focused and no time to talk, just get their workout in and leave. In those situations I made sure to always greet them and get what ever they needed done as efficiently as I could.
My co-workers were usually pretty great. Never had many issues with any of them. Because it got so busy at times I usually would focus on what I know I had to get done. Any serious problems I encountered I spoke with management.
The hardest part of the job was around 4PM when we would get a rush of people coming from work at once.
Having to scan everybody's key tags individually, fixing banking issues if the system told us, answering 3 phone calls coming in at once, changing television stations, grabbing Personal trainers for their clients and making sure we always had fresh clean towels for those who pay for that service. all of this at once. It did make time go by fast and alot of clients that came in were quite understanding.
the most enjoyable part was meeting all different kinds of people coming in and getting to listen – more... to their fitness and health goals. Why these goals are so important to them and being able to encourage them everyday. I also keep in touch with some of the regular members I met and the kids I got to work with in the daycare Goodlife provided. – less
Fun and positive work environment
Fitness Motivator (Current Employee), Saint John, NBApril 10, 2016
Pros: Positive work environment
Cons: No hours. Limited advancement options in position.
Great place to work. Work as a motivator at the front desk. I greet and talk to members as the enter the gym. Light cleaning duties are part of the position, booking tanning appointments, answering the phone and occasional instruction of proper equipment usage. Positive energy in the club.
Educational and fun workplace
Motivator (CSR) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
Working at GoodLife has so many benefits if you are into learning about healthy living and lifestyles. The pay is a bit of an issue, along with promised hours, but overall you are the to motivate and getting yourself inspired.
high pace, environment
Motivator/ Service Rep (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
i enjoyed working for goodlife.. the staff is great, the members are great, however, it is not my passion.

interacting with the different elements of fitness was a great experience, it made me a better communicator.
Customers Rock /Management in need of a Manager
Motivator (Former Employee), Windsor, Ontario Tecumseh MallMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Scheduling flexibility and opportunity to pick up additional shifts.
Cons: Management high overturn due to young and inexperienced management team.
I absolutely loved interacting and motivating clients along their journey towards achieving a more active healthy lifestyle. Watching clients transformations as the set goals and reached each mileston. It was truly an honour to encourage them to keep on keeping on motivating them to stay focused and motivated when they may not necessarily be seeing physical results or have reached a plateau. Revisiting or revising activity and exercise plans as their needs and fitness goals change or are meet exceeded or no longer meet their visions for living and achieving their best possible selves and lives.
Good Company
Trainer for private and group classes (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 13, 2016
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Poor management
GoodLife was a good company to work except for the management. The regional manager wasn't very helpful and only cared about number. If we hit our numbers we were great, if we didn't hit the quotas we were the worst employees in the world.
Growth potentail
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 11, 2016
In my role I have autonomy over scheduling and planning. We had support of our management. A lot of travel. I would recommend entry and moving up.
Love interacting with members to make sure they are reaching their goals.
Club Administrator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: Free membership
Cons: wage
Fun place to work, staff are great, enjoy my current position, but very difficult to advance into a management position.
good start into the fitness industry
Personal Trainer (Current Employee), Bradford, ONFebruary 21, 2016
Overall, good place to work as a start but feel as if I have grown since I began and am ready to take on more of a management position as well as further my experience and learning
Great place to work if you are a fitness enthusiast
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Can make as much money you want, salary is $11 an hour and rest is all commission, depends on which location you are working , if its busy one lots of money can be made
loved the work environment.
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
If you are a health freak,this place is best for you.
You get to change your life along with the lives of others.least stress,alot of fun and good benefits.
Fun
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: membership
Cons: too short of a day
It was really fun working with these guys however it was rather too short for a campaign position for marketing.

there was little supervision however, we all performed above expectations.
If you sales driven this place is for you regardless of the position
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Typical Day:
Meetings
Prospecting
Clients

Management:
Hard seller's, fitness experience not necessary, client satisfaction disregarded, no appreciation of the work you do, never complimenting, stressed out daily.

Co-workers:
Jaded, Dog eat dog.
Amazing place to work!
Club Administrator (Current Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 8, 2016
GoodLife fitness is a fun and rewarding place to work! I have met so many amazing people there and developed so many great skills. A typical day for me involves lots of paperwork, organization, supply management and overseeing club function.
GoodLife is a great place to work!
General Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2016
Very well structured company that compensates well. Sales oriented so you may spend several hours a week there which is why Work/Life balance is low for me.
fun people to work with
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 5, 2016
The most fun and most stressful job I've ever had. Fun people to work with, amazing feeling to see a member see results. But commission levels suck big time. Very repetitive meetings at 11am and then again at 3pm.
An enjoyable morning playing with kids
Childcare Provider (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Energetic Environment
Cons: None
A typical day at work at GoodLife Fitness for myself would be an early morning start. Spending my Saturday mornings with the kids couldn't make me any happier to be honest. The managment is great, and I get along wonderfully with all of my co-workers. Hardest part of the job would be when we have a lot of kids at the same time, but I enjoy every moment of it.