GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with. Company doesn't care if you succeed.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 December 2016
If you want to be a personal trainer do it by yourself. Terrible experience. The people you work with are nice. But the company could care less about the personal trainers.
Pros
Nice people, free gym membership.
Cons
The pay, unsupportive and disconnected management.
Productive fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 November 2016
Excellent place to work. great atmosphere, especially the members. nothing else can be said. except you experience it for yourself.
Pros
Commission on membership sales
Cons
Members can be annoying
If you like the gym
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
Goodlife is the name in health and fitness facilities throughout Canada. Working for the goodlife team was a great experience and offered alot of growth within the health and fitness field.
elite personal trainer
personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
I trained so many different clients at Goodlife Company for over 6 years. I improved my marketing skills at this place because we had to promote this business by ourselves.
Pros
working in a dynamic environment
Cons
working until late evening
Productive place to work, but bad turn over rate
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON23 November 2016
I enjoyed this job, and the customers and clients we had. The environment was not very appealing and I often left feeling under appreciated. Sadly this location closed.
Expected to work past your shift doing paperwork with no overtime paid out.
Fitness advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 November 2016
Didn't agree with the fact that they expect you to stay late everyday filling out a page of math/data entry which management should be doing. Essentially this consists of inputting your sales goals/targets and what you actually met, then doing math to get the percentage of different numbers so they could track you. I found this something the manager should be doing. At the same time, the day was spent having many useless meetings, when in fact we could be taking customers and making money. This job may be for some, but was not something I agreed with.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Long hours, no overtime paid out, unfair/unequal sales system
Great place to work But verry competitive
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 November 2016
I was a personal trainer
It is 100% commission based
if you are not training someone, you are not getting paid
I did not get my full pay on many occations
Pros
Fun place to work and interact with others
Cons
Company is too Large and employees get lost in the paperwork
Fun with a great culture
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON17 November 2016
Great culture and atmosphere. Always room to grow. However, work-life balance is difficult, and income support can be hard to come by.
The staff are amazing, but head office doesn't care for their company employees
Fitness Instructor and Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON10 November 2016
Pretty easy-going job, but customers get into staff's personal space and business too often. Should be a higher-paying job for the work we put in.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Not enough pay
Fun
Overnight Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Great place to start of and learn the necessary experience with Customer service, lot's of employment opportunities within company
A good place to be motivated.
Motivator/Sales (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 November 2016
It is a great job if you want to meet new people and hear about their fitness journey to be motivated. The people are very friendly and are always willing to help correct formation of exercises. I have learned many things from goodlife about fitness and goals.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Unfair hours.
Fitness Instructor
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 November 2016
Great, friendly environment with many locations and areas to choose from. Fantastic variety of programs to accomodate everyone.
Great Place to Work
Fitness Advisor (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 November 2016
- Challenging work environment: push to sell quota of memberships
- Benefits include using any GoodLife across Canada
- Co-workers are supportive and inclusive
fun place to work with home life balance
Motivator / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 October 2016
working at Goodlife has really shown me my potential as a caring and motivating person. im encouraged daily by both staff and members to be the best i can be. i've learned a lot about myself and my worth. the hardest part of the job is knowing you cant help everybody but i enjoy maintaining a professional relationship with the members and encourage them to the best of my ability
Pros
free membership
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace
Jump! Child Minding Associate (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON18 October 2016
Fun workplace. Co-workers are excellent and the atmosphere is inviting and friendly. Your workday is much easier as it is a fast paced environment
Pros
very flexible hours
Fitness Advisor
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
This job is a very hard job, is fun for a bit but it is not for people who want a life or sleep, the management is very bi-polar in what they want so be prepared to always be on your toes, The company itself is great great ideas, just very hard job to do and there is literally no slack given in this fact, there is lots of positives and negatives though, just know what youre getting yourself into.
Pros
free membership, benefits
Cons
long hours no life
Decent company, great compensation
Fitness advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2016
The position is a lot of fun, and you get to meet new people. I'm naturally skilled with sales so i find the position easy, where as some may struggle.
Pros
commission is nice, free membership
Cons
long hours, no work place/life balance
NOT about fitness. ALL about sales.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB11 October 2016
After 26 years as a PT and specializing in three distinct fields, the oil crash in Calgary forced me to move to Medicine Hat, so I applied to GoodLife. Within a minute I had 3 red flags come up. If I wanted to work there I now had to pay for a new course from them and pay it back within 3 months. RED FLAG ONE.
Then I would have to work almost 14 hrs a day to make what I made in Calgary and get 10% of what I brought in. This was almost RED FLAG 2 and 3.
Then the door slam one. Because I specialize in a very rare field (especially in Med Hat), I was told to my shock I would have to sign a form to NEVER train clients outside their facility. I teach certain things outside...OUTSIDE!. She told me I would have to stop doing that. The job interview was now over.
Pros
ARE NONE.
Cons
EVERYONE. No customer service...just sales
Goodlife Fitness
Motivator, Front desk worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 October 2016
The atmosphere was great, interacting with new people all the time. However it can be quite boring when its a slow day. Overall a great place to work and a fun atmosphere. Always felt like a family there.
Great Compensation
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 October 2016
I was employed by GoodLife for a year, where I worked full time as in Membership Sales. A very demanding job. Quotas are hard to hit consistently, and the hours are not very friendly towards work-life balance. In spite of this, if you work hard and do meet quotas, the compensation is very fair. Working in a gym is also a very motivating environment, and the networking opportunities are incredible. You meet people from every walk of life, and if you foster these relationships they will benefit in the future.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Unrealistic Quotas