GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 August 2017
I love my job at Goodlife fitness, the management is excellent and the environment is well structured. My manager is extremely approachable and reachable when needed.
Great oppertunities to move up if you are a hard worker
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2017
Lots of activity. Structure to help build your business. Tools are provided to make your business thrive. It is alot of work and if you tend to be a person who doesn't want to work this is not your job. You must be a people person and understand the value of hard work. The culture is fantastic and we have great monthly motivating sales launches. The hardest part of the job is outreach / street reach, trying to find ways to think outside the box to achieve leads for prospective opportunities.
Very Education Work Environmment
Motivator/ Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2017
Interacting with the general public, working in a team environment, learning new skills, being educated on how to look after your health and then passing that on to the members, work place culture always great, management communication superb, most enjoyable part of the job... everything.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Waste of 2 years
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 July 2017
Clients were the best part, the rest is history and nothing good to say about it. Hopefully the unionization process goes through soon for trainers still there. Very high turn over rate.
Cons
only being paid when training, expected to do alot of free consults/cleaning/floor walks
GoodLife Fitness
Personal Fitness Trainer, Fitness manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 July 2017
Good company to work for overall. I would give them 3/5 stars. The management lacks personal relationships with there employees, and fails to support other management.
Pros
multicultural environment
Cons
the pay structure, and management
Great people to work with in club
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Antigonish, NS19 July 2017
I loved my job while I was there as a motivator but it always felt like the only thing the company cared about was money and not their members. Working as a motivator offered great flexibility with school, but any other position I would not work.
Great workplace to work at
Sales Associate & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 July 2017
This was Co-op placement.
Usually came to workplace at 8am or 9am depending when my manager calls me in at and I would leave around 3pm or 4pm. What I learned at this workplace was how to keep people at the gym happy. Workplace always seemed alive, did not feel dead at all because we did get busy in work and at same time we did get a little bit of break. There wasn't really any hard part at my job, everything was really easy so I did not have any trouble doing something. The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping our customers happy.
high traffic
Locker Room Attendant/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
- many wonderful regular members that treat you with respect
- new members do not interact with the staff as much
- expect high traffic at all hours
- beginning of the year is always hectic because of New Year's resolutions
- come early March the traffic goes down significantly
- holidays will be the most peaceful
- hardly catch a break, too much to do
- will receive many complaints about facilities that do not work i.e., steam room
Pros
a member always brought breakfast for the staff on the weekends
Cons
a lot of workload
Fun place to work / great work life balance
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
helped broaden my understanding, revealing some amazing professional templates for software development minus the hard work, Fun place to work / great work life balance
GoodLife Fitness
Front desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2017
I am a front desk receptionist, I answer phones,scan in the members. I clean the gym area, wash and fold towels. I love working at the gym. The managers are amazing, I also love that I get to workout 6 days a week. However I am currently working a 10 pm to 6 am shift. These hours effect my schooling and education. This is the reason in why I am currently looking for a new job. I am interested in receptionist jobs. As well I do have my pro serve for waitress or bar tending . I also have experience in retail, although I am looking for something with a higher pay. Ideally around 15$ hourly and up. Feel free to contact me, references available upon request.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Overnight shift
it was fun
Club Administrator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 July 2017
this was an in between job for me, so I wasn't there long.
the staff was fun and I enjoyed myself. the culture was amazing and you could tell that the main goal was to help people.
Pros
free membershp
Cons
sales pressure for personal training
Productive and fun work environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 July 2017
Great place to work. Like-minded and productive staff members. Job security was ensured. Pay was decent (including hourly wage and commissions). Great management.
Getting to meet new people every day
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2017
A typical day here at work would consist of meeting new people everyday and having the opportunity to help them further achieve their fitness goals.

Management couldn't be better. They always make sure that we have the tools necessary to do our jobs safely and correctly.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to speak with thousands of people who want to change their lives for the better; to live a healthy lifestyle and stay positive with the outcome. Not to mention that I get to work on my own fitness goals, AT WORK!

What I've learned is that anything is possible, you just have to put your mind to it!
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Standing for too long
Amazing corporate culture but lacking in other areas
Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 July 2017
I loved my time at GoodLife in many ways. The people and corporate culture were energetic and fun. That fun atmosphere leads to a lot of issues when it comes to breaking the rules to keep members happy. Rules were there but hardly followed, which made my role particularly difficult.
Pros
Free membership, great social group, Good people
Cons
lack of focus on equality for members with regards to changes and cancellations.
fun place to work
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 July 2017
overall good place to work. the money is great but only passion can make one stick to their job especially if its a full-time sales job as a fitness advisor
Pros
good money
Cons
poor work/life balance
Goodlife
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 June 2017
The culture of the company is really good . There is a sense of family when you walk into the gym.
You can create your own work hours .
Very rewarding helping others reach their fitness goals
Pros
Create your own schedule
Fun Work Place
Motivator / Fitness Adviser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
I leared hoq to manage things at a fast pace. It was a fun enviornment with great people. It is hard work but it pays off with the commsions and bonouses.
No stability, and numbers driven
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 June 2017
The payment structure is confusing. There is no job stability. Management is very duplicitous. They are completely numbers driven. They pretend to want to help people, but at the end of the day they only care about how much money each trainer made them, and they frequently openly discuss such matters. You could be the best trainer in the world, but if you didn't sell a $9000 training package to someone who can't afford it then you will not be commended.
Pros
Other trainers are great people
Cons
Lack of care for truly helping people better their lives
pressure
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa17 June 2017
high pressure sales, make your own hours, newly updated system, must be canfit pro certified, prospecting, find your own clients, manager makes a difference
GoodLife Fitness: Fitness Advisor/Management Review
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 June 2017
GoodLife treats their employees terribly. You work overtime and are unpaid for it. You are used and manipulated into doing wrong things such as falsely sign someones name and commit fraud. GoodLife has an awful reputation for abandoning their associates when they say they are there for you in hard times. The management crews are all unfortunate. They swear and act inappropriate at work. I strongly recommend to stay away.
Pros
Cons
Awful, misleading and terrible company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.