GoodLife Fitness Clubs

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Fantastic workplace, with amazing staff members and amazing management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONSeptember 21, 2016
I absolutely loved working here, school did get in the way causing me to leave, but everything there was amazing. The staff was friendly and welcoming, the management team was also very friendly and welcoming. It felt as if it was a very close family-like environment in the workplace. Absolutely loved going to work and hated leaving.
Pros
Free workout time, close staff, friendly staff, friendly management
Cons
N/A
Positive healthy work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONAugust 15, 2016
I always looked forward to my work day because the energizing environment I was fortunate to work in. Members and staff are/were friendly, positive and made your day a positive one. Management supported you and encouraged personal health development. Working for GoodLife Fitness encouraged me to take the path I am on in my Nutrition studies journey. The ground work for my studies was laid by seeing how nutrition, health, fitness and personal mental development all go hand in hand. I am on an amazing journey of discovery.
Pros
Free membership
Great place to work need better management
Personal Trainer, fitness manager (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 7, 2016
Really focused on making everyone a part of my family circle and enjoyed every day I worked there. Since meeting new people with a common goal is a enjoying making a difference in someones life is an experience that I will never forget. The problem was dealing with management everyday and making me feel like a kid instead of an adult was the reason why I left both times.
If fitness is your passion, don't work here
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONAugust 3, 2016
Management sucks unless they have been in the role for years and actually know how to lead. Micromanagers galore. IT IS A SALES JOB. That is all you learn how to do.. you essentially teach yourself how to be a trainer.
Long hours which are unpaid after your 3 months. The money you make in your probation period is essentially "loaned" and then you pay it back with your commission from sales. You get written up if you don't have enough clients or hours after probation... this happens every month until you hit target hours. Co-workers and clients will be the only thing that keep you sane but it is not worth it overall.
Pros
working with clients and getting people results
Cons
management, no work/life balance, no job security or stable income
Great management but terrible work policies
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 5, 2016
This is not your average hourly job, the only time you are being paid is when you are in a work meeting, and training clients. Aside from that you are there on your own time trying to acquire clients from within the gym. The hardest part of the job is making sure your clients come and train for that hour block of time. If they do not show up, you will not be paid. You can decide to charge the client if they do not give you 24 hours notice of the cancellation. If you do charge them, you can be sure that some clients will be sour because they do not appreciate your time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to talk and learn about other peoples lives while you help them improve their physical wellness and lifestyle and helping them reach their fitness goals.
It's a postive, fun, productive work environment
MEMBER CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  McCaul/QueenJuly 2, 2016
it's great starting with the morning meetings getting pumped up and focused on the goal throughout the day. There is always something to do, I was always busy and talking with members it's about meeting peoples needs and doing it while having fun and making good money so I can be with family or friends and meet new ones as well. I would love to be employed by the again and stay and build a career.
Pros
you work extra hours
Cons
you work extra hours
high targets and high turnover rates for FA
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 19, 2016
the pay and benefits are not in line with the amount of work you do. not a supportive of constructive work experience. daily tasks are high in number. 30 leads min a day, 6-8 booked appointments per day and must have a 50% closing sale ratio. must do a lot of outreach, cold calling, door to door. basically whatever it takes to get the numbers into the club. cult like atmosphere.
Pros
pay full time
Cons
long hours and high targets, stressful
Laid back work environment
Fitness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2016
I was lucky enough to have some amazing managers who trusted me to do my job. Not having someone breathe down your neck made committing to your expectations a lot easier. As a result, I was able to become a top performer. Typical day consists of you dealing with member inquiries, answering sales questions, making sales and generating leads for your business.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Fun workplace, but can't be a long term.
PART TIME OVERNIGHT MOTIVATOR (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJune 13, 2016
Typical day at work; greeting the guest, make them feel awesome every time they come in the club.
Opportunities to meet lots of people with different profile.
Some are very HOT and healthy, and some are not but with the willingness to reach their target goals. and we, as motivator, our job is to keep them motivated whenever we see them coming in the gym.
Pros
free gym membership, towel service. you work on your own.
Cons
sometimes it's boring! lol
Fun and social workplace with good benefits, however numerous members of staff including multiple managers were very unprofessional and innapropriate
Motivator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
It was a very enjoyable place to work, it had flexible hours and many options for advancement. Most of the staff was a very tight knit group who worked well together and got along in social settings. I learned socialization on a new level due to constantly interacting with members. However I found management very unprofessional and it was hard to deal with that on a daily basis.
Lots of Oppurtunity for Advancement
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Very positive company culture. Learned viable tools such as retention, scheduling, and motivation of staff and members.

Long hours that exceed over 44 hours (unpaid), on call 24/7 (unpaid).
Pros
Mostly positive atmosphere
Cons
Many groups form Cliques, lack of appreciation for associates from some management.
interactive place & helps sustain healthy life
FITNESS ADVISOR/SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
-meetings in the morning
-called up appointments or referrals to setup appointments
-when for out reach to different establishments in the area
-dealt with any appointments i setup on the previous day
-if i had time left over i would mingle with members to see if families or friends needed a push towards a healthier lifestyle
Pros
longer lunchs
Cons
lunches were too long
Fun and friendly workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 28, 2016
Although it was just for coop I had a great experience and enjoyed the work environment and how the club is run. I learned how to provide excellent customer service as well as talking to the members. The management was wonderful and my co workers were great as well.
Pros
long breaks and fun environment
Cons
None I wish I had a full time training position here
Great Culture
Club Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONMay 9, 2016
I've learned that not only can you live a good life by the sides of your family and friends, but you can live an even better life when you're healthy and active.

My average day is going through approval processes of fitness and personal training memberships, processing payments, club inventory orders, payroll, submission of broken machines to repairmen and staying active!

GoodLife Fitness supports all fitness goals, and enables us to stay active by generously giving a free membership to associate and one family member! The culture is amazing and ever growing. Never have I been so lucky to work for such a great company.
Pros
Culture, free gym membership, free classes, amazing team
Cons
long hours, lots of paperwork
Rewarding as far as helping others, terrible management
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBMay 2, 2016
There is no room to move forward in this company and you can find yourself kept in the dark the majority of the time. My direct supervisors and managers as well as the other associates I would work with day to day were fantastic and the overall moral was fantastic. But if help was required from home office, or people wanted to advance or even saw a potentially better way of accomplishing a goal they are put down, ignored, and many times unanswered. Anything, that i experienced anyway, above the local club level was extremely unprofessional. I would not work for this company again even though it was the most rewarding job experience I have had.
Pros
Help People reach goals
Cons
Poor Management
Changing peoples lives
Club Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Great company to work for but unless you go into sales there is no advancement.
It can be a very fun place to work; the members are the best part.
I usually work the front desk for a few hours greeting members, scanning them in and preparing any paperwork to make any changes/payments to their account.
Later, I take all of the paperwork and cash to the back and go through the paperwork making sure that everything is correct on the paper and in the computer. If there is a problem I call the member to explain what is needed and make sure they understand what and why we need the information. I make sure that the cash balances and prepare the bank deposit as needed. Also responsible for taking the deposit to the bank.
As a hole, I love my job however, there is no room for advancement unless I go into sales which is quite high stress with daily goals.
I would continue doing this job forever however, I am looking for more challenges.
was a midnight job at a gym.. i worked out and watched tv
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJune 22, 2016
Was a very easy job, clean the gym from top to bottom, learned how to do 8 hours of easy cleaning into 2 hours of intense cleaning(speed wise) and was still thorough with it.

then i got to spend 5-6 hours working out, talking to the few members that were there. watching tv
Co-Workers are friendly, but not the boss.
Child Minding (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
If my boss wasn't constantly checking on me, making sarcastic remarks and sending me text messages on every small piece of dust in the child minding room i missed, maybe I would have enjoyed my time more there. I worked 13 days straight once mostly worked 6 sometimes 7 days a week. Defiantly not worth the minimum wage with the stress I was put in.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Stressful.
Workplace environment
Motivational Speaker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
Working at GoodLife allowed me to adapt into a multiple work base environment. I would be responsible to work with customer service relations, paper work, personal health and fitness, on hands sales, social and communications, telemarketing and collaborated group work environment. I also happened to learn how to work under pressure with on the job emergencies that enabled me to use my day to day social and communications skills as well as my critical and analytical skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
short shifts, low pay
No work life balance.
Personal trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2016
Good job if your single. But if you have a family you'll never see them. No compensation for being there all day. Management is poor and most don't workout of even look like they workout. Turnover is really high.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
no sick days, no vacation, long hours, no compensation

GoodLife Fitness Clubs Reviews by Location