GoodLife Fitness Clubs Employee Reviews

Unappealing place to work
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON7 December 2017
No structure. Very minimal pay. Zero support for management or opportunity for training or career growth. A poorly managed organization that is not invested in their employees.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
Decent place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON5 December 2017
At the current moment the company is going through some changes with the roles, so it's a little difficult to outline the daily duties. But typically I would arrive at 8:30 am and analyze stats and prepare for daily meetings. This would take me until about noon. Then I would have free time until 3 pm, where I do daily training with my sales team, followed by an afternoon call. From 4 pm to 6 pm I would be available for members. I enjoy the fact that I get to work out during my work day and GoodLife provides a lot of opportunity for people to grow.
some great people
Motivator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 December 2017
there is a lot of great people that work with good life, I love working in the mornings at 4 am so that I can spend the day with my child. you deal with a lot of members that need help with there account so you need to think fast on your feet to get them answer without the managements help. i love what I do I don't agree with somethings that are happening at the moment
Very productive and fun to work at
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McLaughlin Corners3 December 2017
Great company, had fun working their and such a great environment. However, management is dishonest and don't follow their core values. felt uncomfortable and unhappy on a daily basis.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
always being monitered
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 November 2017
Management is great and my typical day at work is fun. Workplace culture is professional and outgoing. I find the most enjoyable part of working for this company is the positive environment.
Goodlife
Senior Motivator (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 November 2017
Goodlife fitness is an amazing company to work for, they provide lots of opportunity for growth and development. I definitely recommend this organization to anyone who wants to apply.
Overall very good experience
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2017
Good life Fitness built the foundation I now hold as a personal trainer and built upon during the years. a typical day would require hard work prospecting for clients, training your clients making sure each and everyone's needs were met and service was provided well beyond what is expected. Management is very professional yet there's a very good balance between your boss and your peers. Many times you would expect hanging out with your fellow associates and manager outside the club for dinner, movies, and just having fun over someones house.
Fun Place to work
Jump Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON23 November 2017
Fun place to work
Flexible schedule
Well Staffed
Both locations in Orleans are great places to work and have fuch great staff to work with. Highly Recommend!
Fun work place
FITNESS TRAINING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bramalea, ON22 November 2017
As a personal trainer the central focus of the position is selling personal trainer contracts and prospecting for new clients rather than quality of training each client receives. This company is a great place to start if you want to start off in the fitness industry and learn how to operate your own business. They have a great model for gaining and retaining clients as well as sales tactics in order to be successful. It is a really high stressed job since your worth is determine by the amount of prospects and sales you can generate.
Once you are able to maintain a large client base, this can be a fun job especially if you are very personal and enjoy helping others.
I believe they need to improve their pay structure in order to retain their employees.
One of the hardest parts of the job is the hours. As a trainer you work when everyone is free to train. meaning before 9am and after 5pm due to the fact the majority of people work between 9-5pm.
Also LOCATION is a huge factor. The location, demographic of people living there and other external factors will dictate, how much traffic comes to the gym, how much money the members have in their pockets, and importantly how much money the employee will make.
Pros
really high energy, positive, fun environment
Cons
long hours, unrealistic expectations, location will greatly affect pay
Been there over 16 years, great culture
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 November 2017
It's been the best job I've ever had..I'm still there...No intentions to stop. I've been a fitness instructor for over 22 years, and I have to say Goodlife Fitness is a pretty good place to work
Pros
great atmosphere, meeting people, staying fit...great hours
Cons
takes a long time to get to an hourly rate that pays well
Free membership makes up for lack of hours
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 November 2017
Pros:
Free membership
Active workplace

Cons:
Barely any hours
Told you'll be able to move to desk in interview but never given opportunity despite good performance evals
Fitness Advisor
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON20 November 2017
Minimum wage job, very little chance at earning much if any commission at the Grimsby location due to the low population and the gym is old and expensive to be a member. Much better options to work out in Grimsby so why would people pay for Goodlife?

Current Manager also takes sales away from the Fitness Advisers and is kind of in the twilight zone with her expectations of you.

Do not recommenced working the Grimsby location whatsoever
Pros
workout for free
Cons
hours suck, split shifts, money sucks, Manager is very nice, BUT a horrible Manager, unrealistic expectations, zero ability to lead people
Club Administrator Specialist
Club Administrator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 November 2017
I worked with the company for over 9 years. It was an amazing experience. The people and I worked with and the members made coming in to work everyday enjoyable.
GoodLife
Fitness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2017
If you want to work for a cult you have found the right place. They do not care about the customer, they only care about the sale. I feel bad that the managers are stuck in a haze.
fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
great stuffs, managers are good
i learned alot about fitness, sales and etc
my manager always look after his employees
fun environtment, positive people
It's okay
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 November 2017
Working ridiculous amounts of hours to make ends meet, and to meet goals. The gym is well maintained however, but the company itself is far too focus on revenue, whereas they should be focused on the members.
Pros
High level of members to work with
Cons
Pushed to sell large packages
fun workplace with a great atmosphere
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 November 2017
The workplace of the location I worked at was amazing, you could never be upset surrounded by such great people. Within Goodlife, there are many opportunities to grow and advance your education. The hardest part was creating my clientele, as my location wasn't too busy.
Pros
fun, opportunities for growth, education
Cons
funny hours
Good Experience
Motivator (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 November 2017
Title says it all, great co-workers, fun environment to be around and guests are always polite. I would recommend anyone applying to apply to GoodLife
Customer Service
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 November 2017
My typical day would be meeting and greeting members. Making them feel at home. Over the years with GoodLife I have been in customer service and enjoying making new relationships.
Goodlife Fitness sumary
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON1 November 2017
Goodlife fitness is a job where you can be a motivator or trainer or fitness advisor. It's a good job, either way. Not really sure what to say other than that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GoodLife Fitness Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.