Good Shepherd Centres Hamilton, a ministry of the Brothers of the Good Shepherd, strives to enhance the quality of life for all who seek assistance and support in our community. Staff members support clients/tenants to reach their personal goals and to have a satisfying and meaningful life in the community. The Jeanne Scott Centre provides educational support services to young mothers while their children receive childcare. A full time opportunity currently exists in the role of:
Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
1 Full Time Position
2 Part Time Positions
Contracts are September to June
In this role, you will work to make a difference in the lives of adolescent mothers and their children living at Angela’s Place - Youth Services who are accessing the Jeanne Scott Centre. Services to clients include planning and implementing interactive early learning programs that are both parent/caregiver and child focused. Facilitate ongoing parent/caregiver education. Act as a positive role model providing support to children, families, students, staff and partners. Ensure the highest quality of child minding service is being provided for all participants. Plan activities collaboratively with all staff, sharing ideas and materials ensuring daily responsibilities are completed. Provide parent/caregivers with current information and referrals regarding child development and community resources. Positive and ongoing communication with team members within the Good Shepherd Youth Services and Community Partners. Maintain current first aid and CPR. Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager of Early Years Services and the Director of Good Shepherd Youth Services.
- Early Childhood Education diploma
- Previous experience working with children and families
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team or independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of the early year’s system in Hamilton (ie. Save the Day for Play, ELECT document…)
- Experience supporting students, volunteers…
- Ability to work a mix of mornings, afternoons
- Ability to plan and implement parent/caregiver education and daily programming for children 0-6
- Evidence of ongoing professional learning
- Valid drivers license
- Current first aid & CPR and Criminal Reference Check
Please reply with resume and cover letter quoting Job Posting #YS-19-14 by August 1st, 2014 to:
Loretta Hill-Finamore, Director of Youth Services
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
We thank all applicants in advance as only those selected for interview will be contacted