GOOD SAMARITAN NURSING HOME

GOOD SAMARITAN NURSING HOME Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Management is awful!
Activity Aide (Former Employee), Alliston OntarioJune 15, 2013
Pros: helping seniors
Cons: poor management, poor administrator
Administrator is EVIL!!! You will not want to work for her! Alot of B.S. goes on here!
Management not supportive
dietary (Former Employee), Alliston, OnJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
Co-workers were great, lower management was unsupportive and difficult.
n/a
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Sayville, NYAugust 12, 2014
first time working for hospice i enjoy working with the sick and elderly
productive
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Delmar, NYAugust 6, 2014
A typical work day starts at 6am, i am busy through out most of my shift. My job now has taught me how to use team work, and how to work in a fast pace environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee), Delmar, NYJuly 6, 2014
Pros: learning the morals and stories of patients
Cons: n/a
the most improtant start in my career was working with the elderly helped me through my most difficult challeges of my life and has helped me to be more empathetic to certain situations i learned alot and it has made me intot the person that i am today i love the way this employment changed my perspective in alot of ways and would ot change it for the – more... world. the paitents were great very humble and understanding and morals and teaching are what i practice in my every day life. – less
Wonderful boss and friendships
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Geneseo, ILJune 2, 2014
Pros: friendships
Cons: early work hours.
Loved it. I had a great boss and co-workers. The hardest part was going to work at 4:30 a.m. and the best part was seeing the residents each day.
Loved caring for people and making a difference
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Sayville, NYMay 21, 2014
Pros: residents were my family
Cons: always short staffed and couldnt spent alot of time with each resident
Medications
Wound Care
25 residents on my assignment daily
Supervised Nursing Assts
G-Tube feedings
Healthcare teaching to rehab patients and family
Part of the healthcare team to assess needs, plan of care and interventions for residents
Great place to work!
Active member (Current Employee), Denton, TXMarch 30, 2014
Good Samaritan always has a happy, down to earth work flow. The management is in tune with the workers. There are celebrations year round. They have good compensation for workers.
Diversified duties over 9 year period
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Sayville, NYMarch 6, 2014
100 bed nursing home with long term and short term residents
Duties included medicare, medicaid billing, reception, medical records, administrative asst to Administrator, Office Manager to staff of 6 workers
Team oriented environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAMarch 2, 2014
Manning collaborations allowed for successful completion of necessary daily tasks. Very warm and friendly environment for the residents, visitors, and workers. I wish I could have lived in Pennsylvania longer to work in this environment at that age.
assisting elderly with daily life activities
nac (Former Employee), Yakima, WAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: i love interaction with the elderly
Cons: not everyone did proper care.
I enjoyed working with the elderly, however I don't believe they always received the care they deserved. I'm a big person on advocating for people who need it and I can honestly say the elderly need better care. My typical day would have included but not limited to assisting with hygiene, activities, feeding, ensuring a safe and caring environment.
Great environment and wonderful atmosphere
Certified Nurses Aid (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAJanuary 29, 2014
I wouldn't work from 2-10 pm 5 days a week with every other weekend. I learned patients and team work. The management was wonderful and was always there if you needed them. They also worked with my hectic schedule. The hardest part of that job was getting close to the residents and them passing away. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to – more... know and spending time with the residents. – less
It is a job where if the census drops by a few people, we are to drop off 15 minutes. Have one unit we do not even count in the census.
Cook (Current Employee), Brainerd, MNJanuary 29, 2014
Cons: they are not ordering the correct supplies to do the job that they are wanting us to complete.
The day starts at 4:45 when we start cooking breakfast. There are two cooks for this meal. We each do a part. Then we switch and go into cooking lunch. The meal is all prepared by 10:00 in the morning. Then we have cleaning and paperwork to do before we serve the noon meal. We end the day by washing pots and pans and cleaning up our serving station.
Nursing Home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona BeachNovember 5, 2013
The workers are very helpful. They have a Hope Unit a North Wing Unit, South Wing Unit, and also a Rehab Unit.
Christian Based Organization sadly severely understaffed.
Staff, LPN (Current Employee), Saint Croix Falls, WIOctober 20, 2013
Pros: staff that is there is fantastic.
Cons: long stretch of constantly being short staffed of cnas, nurses being pulled off medication carts, and put on the floor to work as a cna, never knowing where you will be working, unsolicited or unscheduled overtime.
Christian based organization, "In Christ's Love, Everyone is Equal". Great team co-operation co-workers. Very enjoyable working with the elderly. I've learned a great deal about dialysis patients and diabetics while working here. One of the hardest parts of the job is working short staffed and either having to pass medications, do treatments, chart – more... and do CNA work at the same time. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is to see positive progress in a resident's condition. – less
it was a nice place to work
STNA (Former Employee), Avon, OHAugust 25, 2013
I loved my residents they made my day at work. it was thanks to them that i made it through some nights.
Nursing Home without Ethics
Nurse Assistant (NA) (Former Employee), Simla, COJuly 2, 2013
Pros: met great people
Cons: unethical, poor communication, bad management
The stuff I learned in my CNA classes was to be disregarded and everything was to be done differently than the safe ways I learned. I couldn't remain somewhere where I felt that my morals and the safety of others was being disregarded.
Helping to improve lives of residents.
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee), Linton, INMay 6, 2013
Pros: making people happy.
Cons: losing residents.
Physically and emotionally draining, but very rewarding.
Productive and fun facility to work at.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Sayville, NYApril 16, 2013
The organization was a great place to start one's nursing career. There is a lot of hands on training.
Overall easy-going environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Sayville, NYMarch 11, 2013
Pros: accomodate school schedule
Cons: in-service demands
Typical day at work includes a daily morning report which provides information about the patients I am responsible for on a daily basis. Early morning routine also includes patient care, and completing activities of daily living. I aid patients in bathing, dressing, and eating when needed. Other responsabilities include charting, filling out accountability – more... paperwork, making phone calls and interacting with families, patients, and other healthcare professionals.It is a friendly, professional environment and for the most part enjoyable. All of my co-workers are a pleasure to work with and we all seem to work well in teams. The hardest part of my job is encountering death and being a part of the death and bereavement process. It sometimes, causes myself and others to become depressed and or anxious.However, I do enjoy being part of someone's path to recovery and I greatly enjoy helping people. – less

About GOOD SAMARITAN NURSING HOME

The folks at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center have plenty of reasons to feel good about their efforts. The┬áhospital is part – Read more