GOLF TOWN Employee Reviews

Productive and good and easy going mangement
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 March 2017
overall it was a good and fun place to do my coop placement. they helped me learn tons of things and get to my goal for my hours. management and staff are very polite nice and easy going
Just dont every do it.
Departmental Sales Lead Hardlines Department (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 November 2016
Terrible unorganized place to work. Too much personal feelings as managers were married. No care for employees, seemed golfing in tournaments was a little more important than the health and well being of fellow associates. Being hospitalized does not constitute a reason to miss work. Left right after due to ridicule from managers via email and verbally. Glad to see this poison close.
bean counters at head office who dont recognize the hard working people at store level
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2016
Their struggles were inevitable . Eye test is never done . Bean counters make decisions . Mid management personnel are know it all's . Good riddance GT . Worked with some great people at the store level there but management squeezed them all out . As stores close and people get fired , look in the mirror HQ .
Pros
fun in store environment
Cons
hard work goes unnoticed
Friendly Environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 September 2016
This was a great place to work and interact with new people on a daily basis. I learned how to improve my communication skills and the most enjoyable part of my job was watching my students learn new things.
Progressive and exciting company that wanted to grow everyday
NATIONAL SALES AND MERCHANDISE MGR PING APPAREL (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 July 2016
Great experience in making sales and coaching buyers and team in developing all aspects of the retail business, also fostering great relationships with vendor partners.
A workplace with very enthusiastic and fun co workers
Insurance Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 April 2016
A great organization which recently merged with a U.S counterpart consisting of an excellent leadership team focused on a diversified sales culture with a strong customer service approach.
sport passionnant
service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC9 March 2016
Le golf est une passion pour les golfeur et servir les clients est toujours aussi agréable.
Pros
bonne clientèle
Awesome place to work!
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 March 2016
love this job and the atmosphere, coworkers and managers are very friendly. Nothing really hard about this job, very easy going but when there is work to do, there is a lot.
Love this job!
Cashier and Apparel (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 November 2015
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers with apparel and shoes, assisting costumers in returns and exchanges as well as item check out. When there were no customers I folded clothes and organized merchandise. My co-workers were what made work so enjoyable as they were always cheerful and fun to be around. The managers were also awesome!
Great work place with energentic motivated team members
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Various Locations2 November 2015
Golf Town was an amazing place to work where I was able to develop my skills to become a better manager/employee. They have a tremendous support system that allowed you to feel safe inside the workplace. The people where what made the business what it is and is the reason that the company is the best in its field.
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 March 2015
Enjoyed the job and the customers. Learned a lot about golf. Well supervised management. Co workers were youthful and fun. Enjoyed working in apparel and talking to customers about golf.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Couldn't guarantee fulltime permanent hours
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2015
Great management and growth opportunities. Lots of chances to learn about all the products that are associated with golf today.
Good job for a student but not for a full time position
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2014
- Typical day: speak to customers about product features, make them try products, take care of merchandising, print new signs
- Skills I learned: selling techniques, merchandising
- Management: Dowtown Toronto store manager is the worst boss I've ever had.
- Co-worker: really good atmospher between coworkers as we are all golf lovers
- Hardest part of the job: hours without customers
- Most enjoyable part of the job: sales

A good job as student but not for a full time position.
Pros
Discount on products, coworkers
Cons
11.45$/h without comissions, Downtown Toronto store general manager
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2014
You are scheduled in for 1 of 5 areas of the store for your shift. There is cash, apparel, footwear, clubs, and the pro shop. I am not familiar with the clubs or pro shop so I was always either on cash, apparel or footwear. The cashier would greet customers coming into the store and of course, cash out any purchases made that day and would also go through cash-out procedures at the end of the night. On downtime, the cashier would also fold clothes and set up new apparel on hangers etc. Footwear and apparel were basic customer service positions, helping customers with sizes and any other related needs the customer requires. I learned a lot about golf and became really interested in it. I didn't know much about golf when I first started working there, but then gain a big interest in it. Management was very helpful whenever I had a question and they were very easy to get along with. Co-workers were nice and also easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was not getting enough hours. I was in school also at the time but a couple shifts a week just wasn't cutting it for me at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was using the simulators on my break times.
Pros
really great discounts
Cons
not enough shifts
This company does not care about its employees
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto17 September 2014
Management is on their own agenda here. It doesn't matter if you are hired part-time or full-time you get the hours you are given and don't bother asking or complaining. They have zero empathy and understanding when it comes to personal issues and will throw you under the bus if you make one mistake.
I enjoyed my fellow sales associates and it was fun to have the game of golf in common but the rest of the workplace is all about management and sales.
Pros
Mutual interest in the gome
Cons
Bad management, poor pay, no empathy for employees lives
Fun workplace in a fast paced environment, as well as friendly staff.
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 June 2014
The staff was very friendly and enjoyable to work with, the customers were also very friendly and made work a great environment.
Work Hard Play Hard
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 April 2014
Work hard play hard atmosphere. Great deals on clothes and equipment.
Environnement de travail convivial
Service client/vente (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 March 2014
Lors d'une journée typique de travail, je m'assure que les clients qui passe en magasin reçoivent un bon service et les meilleurs conseils possibles pour satisfaire leurs exigences en ce qui attrait à leur équipement de golf.
Pros
Les relations de travail
Cons
Le faible salaire
Journée de travail typique
Conseiller à la vente (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC6 January 2014
Servir clients, concernant vente, garantie, conseils généraux et réparation de bâtons. S'assurer de la bonne présentation du magasin.
Great environment to work in
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 December 2013
Work was very busy however the people i worked with were amazing. It was challenging but enjoyable to keep the lines of communication open between the sales team and the vendors. I truly enjoyed all the interaction this position gave me.
Pros
store discounts, staff lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GOLF TOWN. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7