GOLF TOWN

GOLF TOWN Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2014
Pros: really great discounts
Cons: not enough shifts
You are scheduled in for 1 of 5 areas of the store for your shift. There is cash, apparel, footwear, clubs, and the pro shop. I am not familiar with the clubs or pro shop so I was always either on cash, apparel or footwear. The cashier would greet customers coming into the store and of course, cash out any purchases made that day and would also go through – more... cash-out procedures at the end of the night. On downtime, the cashier would also fold clothes and set up new apparel on hangers etc. Footwear and apparel were basic customer service positions, helping customers with sizes and any other related needs the customer requires. I learned a lot about golf and became really interested in it. I didn't know much about golf when I first started working there, but then gain a big interest in it. Management was very helpful whenever I had a question and they were very easy to get along with. Co-workers were nice and also easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was not getting enough hours. I was in school also at the time but a couple shifts a week just wasn't cutting it for me at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was using the simulators on my break times. – less
THIS COMPANY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS EMPLOYEES
Sales (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: mutual interest in the gome
Cons: bad management, poor pay, no empathy for employees lives
Management is on their own agenda here. It doesn't matter if you are hired part-time or full-time you get the hours you are given and don't bother asking or complaining. They have zero empathy and understanding when it comes to personal issues and will throw you under the bus if you make one mistake.
I enjoyed my fellow sales associates and it was fun – more... to have the game of golf in common but the rest of the workplace is all about management and sales. – less
Fun workplace in a fast paced environment, as well as friendly staff.
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 30, 2014
The staff was very friendly and enjoyable to work with, the customers were also very friendly and made work a great environment.
Work Hard Play Hard
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 17, 2014
Work hard play hard atmosphere. Great deals on clothes and equipment.
Great environment to work in
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Markham, ONDecember 10, 2013
Pros: store discounts, staff lunches
Work was very busy however the people i worked with were amazing. It was challenging but enjoyable to keep the lines of communication open between the sales team and the vendors. I truly enjoyed all the interaction this position gave me.
Lots of fun if you love golf but low pay!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langford, B.C.November 18, 2013
Pros: discounts on products, test new equipment, mini-sales contests, getting customers into new equipment, co-workers
Cons: manager, on feet all day, no 15 min.breaks, one 30 min. unpaid break, poor training, no chance of advancement, poor wages
On most days, the store would be ready for customers by the closing team however opening staff turn on sims, TV's and do a walk-around to make sure store is ready. As customers arrive, it is mandatory to greet them and continually check in with them while they visit even if they do not need assistance. Sales are a very high priority with this company. – more... Hours received are sales driven! If you don't sell you will not get hours. If you sell, you get hours and the store reaches its daily, weekly and monthly targets, only the store management team gets the bonuses. I started at $11 per hour and after a year received a .36 cent raise! Employees of GT are not well paid. My fellow co-workers were one of the best parts of the job. We created a fun work enviroment and during the quiet times were always doing product testing and evaluations. The hardest part of this job is being on your feet for 7 hours a day with only ONE 30 minute paid break! The 2nd hardest part was having a manager who has no people skills. Best part of the job for me was getting that customer fully equipped with new golf gear, fitted out, and leaving the store with this huge smile as he or she had new clubs ready to play that first round. – less
Golf 24/7 Helping people get better at the game
Department Sales Lead, Hardlines/Pro Shop Manager (Current Employee), White Rock, BCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: slow, lack of motivation, nothing driving you
If you love golf and want to help people get better at the game, this is the place for you. Days can be very slow or very busy with a lot of club fittings or none at all do to weather, day of week etc...Overall an alright place of employment.
Well respected company to be employed by
Golf Town Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: engaging with customers
Cons: cleaning up during closing shifts
I would engage with customers on a daily basis to sell them golf equipment or apparel.
great place to work, great culture, awesome team.
sales associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: helping people enjoy the great game of golf
Cons: retail hours can be tough to balance at times
I loved my time at Golf Town. Working with great people and having the opportunity to work and grow as a person all while helping people enjoy the great game of golf was a truly amazing experience.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 14, 2012
Pros: friendly work enviroment
Cons: unpaid 30 min break, busy times and slow times during the year
great work environment
friendly staff
work satisfaction
improve people skills
Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 7, 2012
Everyday I sell product on the floor. Stock shelves and assist customers with any questions they had.
Over all a good place to work for but some managers have there own non-constructive agenda
Department Manager (Former Employee), Laird store TorontooMay 3, 2012
Pros: great co-workers, seeing old customers, being in the golf buisness
Cons: long hours, but they where of my own choice, to comeplete the needs of the customer, over 600 extra hours in 2010&2011
As a pro shop manager I would start the day by assessing repairs to be done, equipment to be ordered and check Emails. As the hourly staff came in I would quide them to there duties and respond to any questions they would have . The G.M. was a sometimes difficult person to approch or know what his agenda was.
I don't remember any parts of my job-position – more... as being hard or difficult and I enjoyed assisting any of the staff in there duties.
The most enjoyable part of my position is the satisfaction I gave our customers, some of whom I have delt with in the past. – less
Enjoyable place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), St. CatharinesMarch 20, 2012
Pros: great golf perks
Cons: tough on family life
Been a Great 5 years working for GolfTown. Great Perks and can be a Great place for a fresh out of College student, allowing them to fine tune their Management Skills.
Great Work Environment
Certified Golf Club Fitter (Former Employee), Seekonk, MAMarch 2, 2014
I enjoyed my time here very much, I love golf and was able to work in the field.
Terrible place to work.
Management (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 7, 2012
Pros: working in the golf industry
Cons: this company will use you then dump you.
They started out as a Canadian company but have now hired American management who have reduced staffing levels.
They have zero concern for the welfare of their employees.
The management team can not be trusted.
Environnement de travail convivial
Service client/vente (Former Employee), Laval, QCMarch 9, 2014
Pros: les relations de travail
Cons: le faible salaire
Lors d'une journée typique de travail, je m'assure que les clients qui passe en magasin reçoivent un bon service et les meilleurs conseils possibles pour satisfaire leurs exigences en ce qui attrait à leur équipement de golf.
Journée de travail typique
Conseiller à la vente (Current Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCJanuary 6, 2014
Servir clients, concernant vente, garantie, conseils généraux et réparation de bâtons. S'assurer de la bonne présentation du magasin.

About GOLF TOWN

Since our founding in 1999, Golf Town has grown to become Canada's golf superstore. With stores all across Canada, we have everything – Read more