GOLF TOWN Employee Reviews

Mediocre Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 December 2017
Poor upper management. Distant and uninviting senior staff. Quality of work tended to be monotonous and underwhelming. Negative workplace environment.
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 December 2017
It was a good place to work. The staff was friendly, there was opportunity for advancement, and they always treated me with respect. Overall i would recommend working there
Great Company to work with
Digital Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2017
one of the best organization to work with. The best thing to work with Golf Town is work-life balance. Supportive Management, Great Culture, Learning environment.
fun and social work place
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2017
my time at golf town was very fun, all of the staff got along very well and we worked well as a team. in slow times we would keep productive and still be social with each other which made the job feel less like a job.
Leader in the changing retail environment
Department Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 August 2017
Golftown has always been a very challenging and inspiring place to work. I learned many skills that I can use in any future position. The challenging retail environment has been difficult on all employees lately.
Fun and Energetic
Department Sales Lead (Clubs) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 July 2017
Enjoyed dealing with all the different products we had to sell everyday. Fun and diversified employees with all one goal. Younger employees would miss a lot of shifts which put pressure on myself as well as other managers and employees. Was let go after becoming disabled.
Pros
Fun products
Cons
Busy shifts
Productive and good and easy going mangement
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 March 2017
overall it was a good and fun place to do my coop placement. they helped me learn tons of things and get to my goal for my hours. management and staff are very polite nice and easy going
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2017
Golf Town is an exciting place to work. When you get to be around all the new equipment, and meet with each companies reps to see what is new and upcoming it adds a new dimension to being in the industry.
Fun environment!
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2017
If you like golf this is the place for you. With good compensation for their employees, and a stress free work environment, this job is great as an entry level job. With lots of room to move up, you could easily turn this job into a career.
Pros
Fun environment. Employee incentives
Cons
Pay
A great place to work with great staff
Shipping Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2016
I was a Key holder responsible for opening the store for business, Receiving and shipping product, entered info from packing lists into the store inventory, free golf was a nice perk as well.
Pros
free golf, good benifits
First job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 November 2016
This place is ok. It was my first job out of university. I learned lots of people skills but there isn't much job advancement. management is set in their ways
Pros
Employee disounts
Cons
no job advancement
Just dont every do it.
Departmental Sales Lead Hardlines Department (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 November 2016
Terrible unorganized place to work. Too much personal feelings as managers were married. No care for employees, seemed golfing in tournaments was a little more important than the health and well being of fellow associates. Being hospitalized does not constitute a reason to miss work. Left right after due to ridicule from managers via email and verbally. Glad to see this poison close.
bean counters at head office who dont recognize the hard working people at store level
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2016
Their struggles were inevitable . Eye test is never done . Bean counters make decisions . Mid management personnel are know it all's . Good riddance GT . Worked with some great people at the store level there but management squeezed them all out . As stores close and people get fired , look in the mirror HQ .
Pros
fun in store environment
Cons
hard work goes unnoticed
Friendly Environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 September 2016
This was a great place to work and interact with new people on a daily basis. I learned how to improve my communication skills and the most enjoyable part of my job was watching my students learn new things.
Progressive and exciting company that wanted to grow everyday
NATIONAL SALES AND MERCHANDISE MGR PING APPAREL (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 July 2016
Great experience in making sales and coaching buyers and team in developing all aspects of the retail business, also fostering great relationships with vendor partners.
A workplace with very enthusiastic and fun co workers
Insurance Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 April 2016
A great organization which recently merged with a U.S counterpart consisting of an excellent leadership team focused on a diversified sales culture with a strong customer service approach.
sport passionnant
service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC9 March 2016
Le golf est une passion pour les golfeur et servir les clients est toujours aussi agréable.
Pros
bonne clientèle
Awesome place to work!
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 March 2016
love this job and the atmosphere, coworkers and managers are very friendly. Nothing really hard about this job, very easy going but when there is work to do, there is a lot.
Fun work place
Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2015
Was a great place to work with great management and co-workers. l loved teaching and helping my students achieve there goals and also helping out through the store within all departments.
Pros
Making my own schedule
Cons
Comissions
Love this job!
Cashier and Apparel (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 November 2015
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers with apparel and shoes, assisting costumers in returns and exchanges as well as item check out. When there were no customers I folded clothes and organized merchandise. My co-workers were what made work so enjoyable as they were always cheerful and fun to be around. The managers were also awesome!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GOLF TOWN. Our community is ready to answer.