Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging environment to learn new technologies
IT Support Technician (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 19, 2014
Pros: free transportation and food
This job has opened the window to learn lots of new technologies and also made me understand Investment Banking sector in detail.
Effective work place
Deputy team leader FOH (Current Employee), londonNovember 18, 2014
GS takes pride in the employees,
The teamwork approach to all task makes it fun and challenging at the same time.
a well formed organisation that truly encourages ownership of your job
Great compensation, grueling workload
VP, Supervisory Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: talented workforce, great collaboration, good benefits and compensation
Cons: lack of work/life balance, oppressive schedules
GS attracts and retains many highly gifted people and it is satisfying and challenging to work among them. At the same time the company relentlessly drives employees to the point of burnout. Schedules are long and inflexible, workflow is relentless and increases every year.

You will learn and grow at tis company but you will be dismayed by how exhausted – more... you are. – less
TOP WAL STREET FIRM
Consultant / Experis-Jefferson Wells (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
I greatly enjoyed working as an independent consultant at Goldman. Consulting work is diverse and dynamic. I have brought a high level of professionalism and productivity am trained Goldman audit staff on basics of Mortgage Banking to deliver fast and accurate performance in an ever changing regulatory environment.
Very good
System Engineer in Tech Group (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 10, 2014
Awesome projects
good management
good work and life balance
Working in challenging environment for Regulatory Projects in GS
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 9, 2014
Pros: cutting edge technology, talented co-workers, aggressive environment
I am working as a senior java developer in tax operations technology team whose main responsibility to calculate and withheld taxes for Goldman Clients for day to day account activities. This involves creating new Systems for new IRS regulations and updating existing Systems based upon changes in regulations.

I have learned about various US Tax regulations – more... and how systems are designed/developed and upgraded based upon new requirements. This involves analyzing the requirements and providing the best solution within a stipulated time. This also involves large systems involving multiple teams and designing and developing interface between different applications.

The things that I love doing is we use the latest tools and have the privilege to work with best minds in the industry for a initiative which is a key to GS reputation. – less
Senior Java Consultant (Current Employee), LondonNovember 9, 2014

Tell us about:

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Too much bureaucracy
PA (Former Employee), LondonNovember 4, 2014
Pros: dealing with both countries
Cons: bureaucracy
Too much bureaucracy involved. Dealing with 'old-style spanish directors'
An amazing team
Content Manager (Former Employee), 北京市, C22November 4, 2014
It was incredible to work with one of the most talented teams of people I can imagine.
Everyday is a new beginning
Vice President - Team Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore - Karnataka - IndiaNovember 2, 2014
Pros: open door policy
Cons: job security
Goldman Sachs always recruits open minded about who can encourage and carry forward Goldman’s inclusive culture. This makes every day at work a new challenge which ensure you are always ready to deliver your creative best each day managing complex demands from both external & internal clients.

My day starts during the drive to work on my BlackBerry. – more... Looking through emails from the day before to see if global counterparts had reached out for. At work each minute is precious once all regions are online. Queries & its complexities evolve every day so there is nothing that is taken for granted. Investigation and interpreting information becomes a major part of what my team does. Managing optimum utilization of resources, multitasking, involvement strategic projects and ensuring its progress, bench marking performance and most importantly Management Reporting are every day tasks.

My team is a diverse pool of people from different backgrounds who add value to the overall accomplishments of the division. Bright, energetic & creative bunch.

My Management team fits this description of those who make a bit more effort keeping the best interests of clients in mind, nicer to deal with, tolerant towards those they don't readily identify with and always committed to doing the right thing.

Long work weeks and unforgiving hours at times may be seen as a negative but my learning has been that this environment makes you gauge my best qualities and also the same within the people I manage based on the responsibilities each one has.

That said, working remotely is an key option that my management team helps me facilitate for people who want to opt for it. New parents, taking care of elderly people at home, an average of 30% of my team members have the ability to work remotely every year. Having the ability to support my team definitely is a feel good factor especially being in the financial industry where time is money. – less
Intense but good!
Consultant - FX Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great bonuses; helpful and ready to train new members, lots of opportunities.
Cons: long hours
great place to work; mngt was always willing to help you advance. co workers were very helpful, you are expected to know your stuff and master what's given to you BUT it helps you gain confidence which helps further your career. Also lots of room to grow and opportunities to travel.
Very professional atmosphere with great learning opportunities.
Associate Senior Performance Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: company offers skills enhancing courses and seminars
Cons: challenging work and hours
Very structured working environment with progressive opportunities to learn, collaborate and excel on the learning curve. Great place to work with a large think tank of corporate professionals.
Great company, nice perks
Summer Technology Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2014
New hires and interns are treated with lots of respect, and receive lots of guidance from the more experienced employee
Competitive compensation
Great Career opportunities
Equity Research Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 24, 2014
Provides good career opportunities and pushes employees to learn and grow professionally.
decent pay, poor culture
Credit Trader (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
Teamwork could be better. Very political and need to be the squeaky wheel in order to move up and get paid. definitely not as prestigious as it once was
Constanlty challenging environment
Analyst (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 19, 2014
The people make this place very special: Extremely intelligent and talented co-workers across all divisions
Asset Allocation Analyst
Asset allocation Off-cycle Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 19, 2014
I helped individual client evaluate their risk profile and use Black-Litterman Model to help them invest.
Great People
Financial Analyst, New Jersey Counseling (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 14, 2014
Great People, solid training program, growth opportunities are sometimes limited.
Collaborative Working Environment With Smart and Talented People
Executive Office (Current Employee), DallasOctober 6, 2014
Pros: collaborative employees, training and learning opportunities.
Cons: career growth is dependent on group, region and division.
Work/life balance is dependent upon your group or division. People are highly motivated and invested in the company. Most leaders have an open-door policy and are available to meet with you if you make an effort to seek them out. Friendly, collaborative workplace.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
This was only a 5 day internship, but from the short amount of time that I spent there I realized that taking a career or interest in the finance and banking world could be an industry that I would enjoy.

1 2 3 4 5

About Goldman Sachs

At Goldman Sachs, the work you do will have a direct effect on business and the community. Our people come from a variety of academic – Read more