Golder Associates

Golder Associates Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to work friendly environment
Geotechnical Engineering Technologist, C.E.T (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 14, 2014
Pros: great holiday get togethers for families and employees, great benefits
Cons: potentially long hours
Well known established company.
Accomodating for familiy needs and doctor's appointments.
Coworkers friendly, hard working individuals.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the field placements all over Ontario.
Excellent culture; difficult to move and make changes
Leader - Project Management Office (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 5, 2014
Pros: great teams; good benefits
Cons: frustrating management systems
Golder is an employee owned company. This has the incentive-benefit of in essence working for yourself, as shares in the company provide an annual return. The major shareholders are the Principals and Associates, who act as a "shadow management". This makes it difficult to keep the company nimble and enable changes.

As Leader - Project Management Office, – more... I am responsible to develop the project management skills within Golder, globally. This includes training and development for our PMs, Organisational Support, developing knowledge, tools and systems and developing global hubs of expertise.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting wiht my teams and co-workers, a truly splendid group of people committed to the future of the company.

The hardest part of my job is to maintain focussed and positive in an increasingly difficult work environment where project management is seen as periphery to the main technical thrust of the company. – less
Professional growth
Geotechnical Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: continuous learning
Cons: -
I have gained In-house training for Index properties, as well as Specialized testing of soil and H & S certificates in fulfilling my duty as H & S representative.
Senior Pipeline Designer, Design Supervisor (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 17, 2013
Great corporate culture, good people, great work/ life balance
productive and highly professional environment
Environmental Scientist-Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 18, 2013
Pros: invest its employees
Cons: hourly wages not as competitive as other companies
Golder is a team-oriented company. it is easy to get help from co-workers. the work require lots of organization. the hardest part is that procedures keep changing so employees has to stay up to date.
great place to work
Occupational Hygiene Technologist (Former Employee), Calgary ABJuly 3, 2013
Pros: free booze at company paid parties
Cons: long hours
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had. The hours are long and the expected chargability ratio is high. But managment is easy to talk to.
great place to work. lots of work,
Lab/Field Technician (Former Employee), vanscoy, saskJuly 1, 2013
great place to work, great people to work with. very well run.
Over worked under paid
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2013
Cons: long hours, no parking, no employee rewards or appreciation, did not pay for education or courses, poor health benefits
Golder did not provide any flexibility, even though they promoted work life balance they did not follow through. I was in a car accident on January 14th 2013 and they were not accommodating. My manager was not punctual and attentive.
good expierence
Arcas Associate (Former Employee), Ashcroft B.CApril 4, 2013
Pros: educational
Cons: job security
test hole pit for archeology and seismic surveying / impact assesments
I feel good in the work placement where gym is there
Volunteer (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 3, 2013
Pros: free luch
Cons: long hour
I like most of the job that i work for espicially with Golder Associates because ii is a new environment new field like Backup employee expenses in BST, year end changes all the files teach me where to file and take them as a requirement i was given
Productive place with plenty of learning opportunities
BC Region Continuous Improvement Leader (Current Employee), Burnaby, british ColumbiaJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: gym on site and flexible schedule
Cons: meeting over lunch time is happening all the time
Very fast paced environment and busy.
Gained self confidence and management skills
People in general are nice although they do not interact to much with each other
The challenge is to get people engaged and participating in improvement projects
Awesome environment with lots to do
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 9, 2012
Pros: awesome coffee machine
-Days went by very fast as they were enjoyable and productive.
-I learned a lot about working with clients and respecting them.
-Management was flexible and relaxing to work for.
-Co-workers were fun to work with as the mentality in the office was work harder, play harder.
-The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job were the stressful and challenging – more... situations that had to be mitigated immediately. – less
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta gaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: very reliable job
Golder Associates is a great company to work for. A typical work day is 8 hours. The co- workers are great to work with and very knowledgeable.
productive workplace
CAD Designer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 14, 2014
Cons: free coffer
A typical day at work is 8:00am to 5:00pm, good co-workers, good management.
Great Expectations but Can't Move Up
CADD Technician (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 4, 2014
I was able to work on a variety of projects around the U.S. and around the World.
Lack of management leads to lack of work
Project (Current Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 8, 2014
Cons: lack of work
Management is severely lacking in knowledge of proper Project Management practices/processes.

Engineers are regularly appointed PMs and have no education on how to do the work, how to make a schedule or do any sort of cost control. This leads to no one knowing where anyone is on a project, what comes next, or where the budget is...until a month or – more... two down the line.

Flat structure is great, but it leads to management by committee. On any day, the person in charge can change depending on who thinks their work must be done NOW. – less
Good work place
Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2014
This work experience was a part of the school program. We evaluated current business strategy and provided recommendations for improvement.
salary is low
air resources engineer (Current Employee), gainesvilleJanuary 30, 2014
I have been worked for a year but the salary is still very low.
High turnover and poorly managed with a high school culture.
Senior Project Scientist (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 5, 2013
Pros: good projects
Cons: mangement, office culture, p&a system, high turnover., overly bureaucratic, dysfunctional systems.
The Denver office is managed like a high school. An elitist P&A system prevents advancement for many. There is an extremely high turnover rate, especially for non engineers. They have little respect for the more experienced employees not in the P&A system. The company is overly bureaucratic, which creates complete dysfunction for the project managers – more... to work efficiently. – less
My favorite
Receptionist (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 27, 2013
I truly enjoyed working with Golder. One of my favorite places to work when I was there.