Golder Associates

Golder Associates Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
By far the worst place I've ever worked
Environmental tech (Former Employee), Ottawa, ontOctober 26, 2014
Pros: very safety oriented, decent pay
Cons: micromanaged, intimidation, dishonest
Micro manged... Would even call my cell if I went to the washroom without asking. They tried to get me to come in after I had surgery (not work related) while I was short term disability. Constant intimidation an treats to fire if you don't do what they say. Kept trying to get me to work out of town ( upto 4 hours away), when that wasn't even mentioned – more... in the interview. Upper management is horrible...constantly making employees cry , making them upset. Watched over my shoulder and made me chose and write answers for the 50 best company survey. What a joke... No wonder they made the cut when managment gets to fill out the survey instead of the employee. – less
Fast Paced environment
Geophysicist (Former Employee), Mississauga, CambridgeOctober 16, 2014
Cons: long hours, little advanced planning
Golder has a great reputation for top notch products. Middle Management is lacking.
Good work life balance
Environmental Technician (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: soccer, bbqs
Cons: management
Was a good place to work, friendly people, good social atmosphere, social events like soccer, hockey, baseball, bbqs. Management not the best organized. Micromanagers.
RUN AWAY!!! YOU CAN DO BETTER!!!
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), WhitbyOctober 7, 2014
Pros: no pros stay away
Cons: working there in the first place!!
I had the misfortune of working in their pavement lab in Whitby. I was trained for a grand total of 6 hours on different pavement analysis tests (which take months to learn properly BTW) and then left with one other employee who started the day before me to run the entire pavement lab (I wish I was joking) I was training him on tests my first day! I – more... worked 11 hours my first day with a 15 minute lunch....I have NEVER worked for such an unorganized and frankly dangerous company. I was not provided proper PPE or training to conduct my job. Having previously worked in a lab I know how one is suppose to run an this one was a nightmare. They mostly hire on contract and WILL work you like dogs.

PLEASE LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SAY STAY AWAY FROM THE LABS!! STAY AWAY FROM THE HOLE COMPANY THE PLACE IS A JOKE! – less
Perfect team, interesting project
Data Migration Specialist, Contractor (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 5, 2014
A very interesting global migration project between different legacy ERP systems to BST
Extraordinary people
Very professional company
Geotechnical Field Technician (Former Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 25, 2014
A company that is very good at what they do. Many great team members. Results driven.
Emphasis on employee safety
Shipper/ Receiver, Mailroom & Customs Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 1, 2014
Pros: weekly barbecues in the summer. company offered varied sporting activities.
Cons: i'm a morning person. i could not start work until 9:00 a.m.
I was allowed to set standards & procedures for the mailroom & shipping/receiving.
Daily job functions allow me to inter-act with staff & management of over 500 employees.
I like to solve & follow-up on situations that may arise.
Great Place to work friendly environment
Geotechnical Engineering Technologist, C.E.T (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 14, 2014
Pros: great holiday get togethers for families and employees, great benefits
Cons: potentially long hours
Well known established company.
Accomodating for familiy needs and doctor's appointments.
Coworkers friendly, hard working individuals.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the field placements all over Ontario.
Excellent culture; difficult to move and make changes
Leader - Project Management Office (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 5, 2014
Pros: great teams; good benefits
Cons: frustrating management systems
Golder is an employee owned company. This has the incentive-benefit of in essence working for yourself, as shares in the company provide an annual return. The major shareholders are the Principals and Associates, who act as a "shadow management". This makes it difficult to keep the company nimble and enable changes.

As Leader - Project Management Office, – more... I am responsible to develop the project management skills within Golder, globally. This includes training and development for our PMs, Organisational Support, developing knowledge, tools and systems and developing global hubs of expertise.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting wiht my teams and co-workers, a truly splendid group of people committed to the future of the company.

The hardest part of my job is to maintain focussed and positive in an increasingly difficult work environment where project management is seen as periphery to the main technical thrust of the company. – less
Professional growth
Geotechnical Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: continuous learning
Cons: -
I have gained In-house training for Index properties, as well as Specialized testing of soil and H & S certificates in fulfilling my duty as H & S representative.
Senior Pipeline Designer, Design Supervisor (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 17, 2013
Great corporate culture, good people, great work/ life balance
productive and highly professional environment
Environmental Scientist-Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 18, 2013
Pros: invest its employees
Cons: hourly wages not as competitive as other companies
Golder is a team-oriented company. it is easy to get help from co-workers. the work require lots of organization. the hardest part is that procedures keep changing so employees has to stay up to date.
great place to work
Occupational Hygiene Technologist (Former Employee), Calgary ABJuly 3, 2013
Pros: free booze at company paid parties
Cons: long hours
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had. The hours are long and the expected chargability ratio is high. But managment is easy to talk to.
great place to work. lots of work,
Lab/Field Technician (Former Employee), vanscoy, saskJuly 1, 2013
great place to work, great people to work with. very well run.
Over worked under paid
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2013
Cons: long hours, no parking, no employee rewards or appreciation, did not pay for education or courses, poor health benefits
Golder did not provide any flexibility, even though they promoted work life balance they did not follow through. I was in a car accident on January 14th 2013 and they were not accommodating. My manager was not punctual and attentive.
good expierence
Arcas Associate (Former Employee), Ashcroft B.CApril 4, 2013
Pros: educational
Cons: job security
test hole pit for archeology and seismic surveying / impact assesments
I feel good in the work placement where gym is there
Volunteer (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 3, 2013
Pros: free luch
Cons: long hour
I like most of the job that i work for espicially with Golder Associates because ii is a new environment new field like Backup employee expenses in BST, year end changes all the files teach me where to file and take them as a requirement i was given
Productive place with plenty of learning opportunities
BC Region Continuous Improvement Leader (Current Employee), Burnaby, british ColumbiaJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: gym on site and flexible schedule
Cons: meeting over lunch time is happening all the time
Very fast paced environment and busy.
Gained self confidence and management skills
People in general are nice although they do not interact to much with each other
The challenge is to get people engaged and participating in improvement projects
geotechnical group in Calgary
former geotechnical engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaNovember 25, 2012
Pros: big name, worldwide presence
Cons: poor management, does not recognize talent, do not care about employee professional growth, no or little mentorship
It is in a mess. There is one big name and the rest is empty. This is not a place for professional growth. This company is for the principal, by the principal and the rest of the staff has no say, no value, no recognition.
Awesome environment with lots to do
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 9, 2012
Pros: awesome coffee machine
-Days went by very fast as they were enjoyable and productive.
-I learned a lot about working with clients and respecting them.
-Management was flexible and relaxing to work for.
-Co-workers were fun to work with as the mentality in the office was work harder, play harder.
-The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job were the stressful and challenging – more... situations that had to be mitigated immediately. – less

1 2 3