Golden Life Management Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Previous management poor
Assisted Living Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC14 September 2017
My experience here was very poor. I felt that management did not respect me as an employee. The team that I worked with was very poor. I was approached in front of clients to discuss a rumour, which I felt was a very poor management practice. The overall morale of the staff was very poor. Management has changed since I was there and I would hope that they have improved. Client care is always the best part of this job no matter what. This would not change regardless of the management.
Pros
Management changed
invermere village great place to work
aid (Current Employee) –  Invermere, BC18 July 2016
i have had the pleasure of working both sides of the village cgv and ivy house. management's great and welcoming, never had a problem with them because i go in and do the job at hand. the residents welcome you with open arms as well. lots of learning opportunities / courses to attend.

the only con - is in ivy house, all filipino workers speak there language while on the job to each other and will remind you they run the show. so unless your fluent in that language you may feel left out.

other than that a GREAT PLACE TO WORK !!!
Pros
great management, relaxed work place and further learning opportunities
Cons
language barriers ( as stated below )
Bad place to work
RCA (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC1 February 2016
managment does NOT Care about staff or residents. Management C.C.D, D.O.C, union supervisors do nothing but threaten their core group of employees with immediate dismissal if you call in sick, do a taste test to convince your residents they can eat what they don't recognize. Constant intimidation and bullying by management. No support for rca's housekeepers, kitchen staff. Constantly expected to work understaffed. Constantly expected to pick up for the fact that no one wants to work upstairs because of the bully and harasser of the "LPN in charge" no one wants to work with her. Why can't they see that is why no one is bidding on lines up there. They can't understand why they can't keep staff. It's because of all the constant threats and bullying by the management. Most of the staff are sick because of the stress we feel at work. No safety for staff with violent residents. Biggest joke is in copy room there is a wcb poster that states "you don't have to deal with violence at work" oh yes we do. Everyday. We are getting punched, kicked, bit, scratched hair pulled. Management doesn't care all they want is their money. They know those of us that work there have no other choice or we would be gone. What's wrong with supporting and encouraging your staff?
Pros
non
Cons
to many to mention
Golden Rule
other (Current Employee) –  Invermere13 December 2015
Enjoy every day of work. Love the residents and independent clients; like the people I work alongside; have respect for the supervision and management.

Fortunate to have working experience at more than one village, and found both to be valuable. Would recommend workplace to any and all.

A bit of blaming for situations that are within our control to resolve with creative input. Some expectation that others(team mates, management, ect) will solve problems or situations for us.

Best of all, the freedom to work "outside the box" , and forward thinking and planning for the health industry.

Cons: the union. Not in favor. Seniority trumps good workers. The Union promotes ease and comfort: kind of like a long marriage, once you have it, you let it slide and don't work hard at it any longer.

Pros: Education experiences. All employees are encouraged to complete education modules and in-services and workshops provided by Golden Life Management, not just the nursing staff. We all work for the people we serve, and our company recognizes this, which is why we all receive education opportunities.

I feel safe to provide feedback for this employer, whereas with other health employers, I do not feel safe to provide input and feedback. I believe my feedback would be viewed and heard, not penalized.
Pros
Golden Rule: we are there for the clients, the residents, and their families
Cons
Team work and the Union
Wonderful place to work but not enough staff
RCA (Former Employee) –  Trail, BC4 February 2014
My shifts a work were very busy. All the staff at Golden Life are hard working. There was 54 residents that need 24 hour care. The reason I had started my career in this field was to help out people that need it. It is a very rewarding job. The hardest part of my job was when a resident was dying. It is very hard on the families and the staff.
Pros
Great staff and wonderful clients
Cons
Long Hours, Short staffing
Productive and fun workplace with great staffs.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Invermere, BC21 January 2014
Golden Life Management is like a home. You could see nice people everyday. It doesn't feel like you are at work. Everybody is working and having fun at the same time. Feels like you don't have a boss and your co-workers are all your friends. There is no hard part on the job because you are enjoying the job and the work place. Time is just flying. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my manager is cracking jokes that everybody couldn't stop laughing.
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
Short hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Golden Life Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Golden Life Management Reviews by Job Title