Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee all camp operations including, but not limited to:
- Recruiting staff with a focus on local labour, maintaining appropriate staffing levels
- Administrative duties, including record keeping and reporting, computer literate
- Development and implementation of catering and housekeeping policies and procedures
- Budgeting and financial responsibilities
- Inventory tracking and materials procurement for kitchen and dorms
- Manage successful kitchen and housekeeping operations
- Ensure all staff carry out duties and responsibilities in a timely and safe manner while complying with policies and procedures,
- Gather information and investigate accidents in the area of responsibility (WCB issues)
- Pro-active and can implement continuous improvement issues including audits and reviews
- Compliance with Food Safe and WHMIS standards
Our client is seeking a remote Camp Manager possessing superior communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to work proactively and efficiently in a team environment. The successful candidate will be a food service industry professional with strong decision-making, team building and delegation skills. Applicants should have a minimum six years experience in a mid-sized (up to 220 bed) camp environment, and three or more years’ experience in a managerial role, preferably in a remote camp and/or advanced stage exploration camp. The Camp Manager reports directly to the Mine Manager and should have comprehensive knowledge of First Nations issues in British Columbia.
WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
First Aid is an asset.
Red Seal is an asset.
This is a fly-in, fly-out remote camp position, and as such, preference will be given to northern residents. Competitive salary and benefits available for the successful candidate.
Apply with cover letter, resume and references before November 23, 2012.