Island Office Equipment Ltd is seeking an Accounting/Administrative Clerk to assist in daily operations. The successful candidate must possess a positive, professional attitude, and have knowledge of basic accounting principles.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Able to create and maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, and other correspondence.
- Answer and manage inbound telephone inquiries.
- Compile, verify, record and process various documents (sales orders, invoices, purchase orders).
- Send invoices and receive payments.
- Assist Controller with month-end procedures.
- Prepare journal entries, process warranty claims and complete leasing documents.
- Use various spreadsheets to track and record data.
- Accounts payable and receivables duties as required.
- Completion of Post-Secondary education (one (1) year or more) preferred.
- Accounting/administrative experience an asset.
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative support in an environment with a broad variety of administrative functions including customer service and records management.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database applications.
All necessary training will be provided.
Please apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume to this posting.
Competition closes on July 15, 2013. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Gold Business Technologies Ltd. is a leading office technology provider in Western Canada that assists medium and large-sized businesses...