Gold's Gym Employee Reviews

Productive focused environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC30 October 2017
Typically answering the calls, greeting members. Offering anything they may need. Cleaning machines, spills and floors. Good staff and organized managers ect.
Pros
Good hours. (9-5)
Cons
It was far for me.
awful treatment of staff by Calgary owners
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2017
The plus side: you get to help people get fit, and the Gold's brand is well known. Also, free gym membership.

The down side: no benefits, the Calgary franchise owners would sometimes not pay ppl on time or the correct amount. Serval staff filed complaints with the Alberta Employment Standards. Not uncommon for owners to raise there voice at staff.
Pros
free membership, get to help people
Cons
no benefits, owners yell at staff
Money to be made
Membership Coordinator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2017
I really enjoyed my time here while it lasted - the ownership changed and when it did so did all of the staff. The people were incredible both members and coworkers. The owners made it fun for us all the time. I learned alot while I was there and sad that my time came to an end due to owner change.
My favourite place.healthy invirment
Senior fitness trainer (Former Employee) –  Gold's gym egypt18 August 2017
Easy going people feels like home .let you know your own strenght.helpfull team makes you achive your goal.all you need and you can put your trust in them.
nice gym good place
Membership Sales (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 July 2017
clean and healthy atmosphere
happy to of worked here
good place to work out and work
lots of people and different things to do
happy with the equipment and staff
Fun place to work and workout!
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 July 2017
A typical day is greeting everyone coming and going within a few seconds for seeing them...Answer phones, clean bathrooms, clean up weights at the end of the shift, fold towels as well as retrieve them from towel bins, cash out when closing, clean front desk, keep hand sanitizer and towel dispensers filled, clean bathroom sinks, and lock up at the end of the shift if closing.
Pros
free membership, my type of environment
Terrible Place To Work
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB22 June 2017
Working at Golds Gym was an absolute joke. The management was terrible, job security was terrible, and so much more. If they don't like you they just faze you out and you are never seen or heard from again. Members will come up and complain numerous times about something being broken and it never getting fixed. At work you are belittled as well and if you don't do something even outside of the job in your everyday life you get treated terrible. Honestly if you are looking for a secure job where you are treated with respect you deserve, look somewhere else. Don't let the false promises get to your head.
Pros
Free memberships
Not much to say
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2017
When I was working at golds the management there wasn't the greatest and up keep along with cleanliness on the facility was abandoned, they also didn't follow employment regulations and safety.
Fun place to work, great clients
Sales & Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 April 2017
I usually was in my office calling potential clients to join the gym, and to call about gym membership increases. Worked the front counter and made blender drinks and took payments for products sold and took payments for exercise class drop ins. Cleaned the counter area and counted the cash. Set alarm and locked up at the end of the night.
Pros
I had free access to the gym on time off
Great Atmosphere
Childcare Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 February 2017
You work with a great bunch of people. You get to experience a wide variety of personalities, and everyone that comes to the gym to work out, you get to know them pretty darn fast! Its a great atmosphere to be in.
Sale Memberships
Membership Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2017
The worst place i have ever Worked. The management don't care for their workers. there expectation are so high that no one can reach it. they will yell at you and not care.
Pros
nonw
Cons
everything
Environnement de travail productif et très agréable
Superviseur de réception (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC20 January 2017
Mon expérience de travail au Gold's Gym:

En quelques mots je peut vous dire que j'ai adorer mon temps au Gold's Gym. J'ai pu apprendre à gérer une équipe tout en forgeant des amitiés. La relation entre les gérants et travailleur fessait en sorte que nous avions un bel dynamisme de travail et ensemble comme une équipe atteindre les buts demandés.
Fast Paced Environment and very friendly
Child Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 January 2017
Gold's Gym is a great place to work, I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great positive atmosphere. If you have any questions about your job or need help with anything at all, you can ask pretty much any of the staff. Everyone is extremely helpful and excited to work everyday.
Golds
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 October 2016
I was bullied and harassed at this job by my manager. I then reported it to the owner, and I was replaced and fired. This is an ongoing case with health & safety.
Pros
Use of gym
Cons
Maintanence manager
fun place to work when your young
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2016
nice place to work when your in high school like part time job. i learned to be more responsible and be independent especially working young. you make new friends and nice management.
Pros
free food
Cons
Decent place to work, Rewards are minimal
Child care, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2016
The manager here is great with customers but not with his employees. On multiple encounters I have had to remind him of things that need to be fixed only to be told to fix them myself. These things not being part of my job description nor was I trained nor was I provided with the tools needed or the help. That is by far the hardest part of the job; not having the opportunity to make things better. Being that my department only has 1 employee working at a time, I do not have encounters with other co-workers. The few times I have had to cover shifts have been with plenty of notice. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I first meet some kids, they are often shy but turn out to be very happy and playful by the end. The next time they visit, they often recognize me and get excited. I love that transition experience. I get to watch a child see me as a stranger at first to a friend by the end.
Pros
Tv, WiFi
Cons
Short hours
Great sportsmenship
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2016
Typical day at work ready to train and study client.
What I learn is by my own observation on client.
Managing my own observation.
Co-workers are good , good job setting.
Hardest part of the job meeting there expectations.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients.
Pros
working in job set placement
Cons
off ours at times
Good Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2015
Fun Atmosphere, amazing workers, flexible schedule, easily advance into management. It is very easy to make commission even if you are a receptionist!
Great management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2015
a great company to work with, the management is great, very flexible hours. Very friendly work place, the most thing I loved is as a daycare provider you could take your kids to work.
Great place to work at!
Educator and Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC26 August 2015
This Gym was an amazing place to work at. The Boss was amazing and super nice. Coworkers were great. The hours were great and the work was pretty laid back. I created great bonds with coworkers as well as clients from this job.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gold's Gym. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9