goeasy

goeasy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall Review
Sales Rep/Delivery specialist (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: 30 minute lunch
Cons: Rude management
easyhome was alright. Dealt with delivery, and a bit of telemarketing and sales on the side. Wages are good, however advancements are limited. Management was fair. Easyhome didn't have a job culture at all.
Enjoyable
BM (Former Employee), OntarioSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: long hours
Working as a BM was great except lots of unrecognized hours & no support from RM's. The company is growing and there are constant changes. You will only be awarded if you suck up to the suits. Lots of untrustworthy management.
Great place to help out customers that have no credit or can't make big payments.
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Calgary, AB.September 15, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Repo's
Delivering products to customers and setting them up is the good side of the job, Repo customers or their children is NOT the fun side of the job. This is the part of the job they don't mention at the time of hire. Great customers makes this for a fun job.
Terrible place to work
fsr (Former Employee), bcSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: everything
i would not recommend this job to anyone. I left as I was bullied out and felt that I had no one to turn to. I later learned that the one I could talk to was in on the whole thing to begin with. Over worked and high stress. Stay away.
Good staff
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Good hours and wage
Cons: Company was tooking over
Had good staff members and like my position being collection/ Customer service Representative. Average pay salary and good hours, plus benifits.
Worked here a year.
Senior Collector. (Current Employee), Hamilton, OnAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Bonus, Hours, pay, benefits, training, atmosphere, colleagues
Cons: Everyday work stuff
I came to this company after reading many reviews and unsure of how this experience would be. I have to say it's not bad... The company treats employee's pretty good.

Quite a few incentives, Real good opportunity to make bonus and decent benefits. The office I work in (call centre) is very relaxed. I show up most days in shorts and t-shirts. Free keurig coffee. Monthly floor meetings with snacks and awards with 1 person getting employee of the month with a $$$ bonus.

Now for the those who are willing to work hard. This year alone I have increased my income my $10.000. That's not a typo $10.000!!! How??? I work hard and make bonus... I made $2200 in July 2015 in bonus. Not to mention I won $150 in Walmart/ Tim Horton's gift cards.

I am currently in manager development training. I was a branch manager before at another financial company and this training is decent. They invest time and money in you ,if YOU work hard for them.

Don't believe everything negative you read about Easyfinancial/Easyhome. They're a 21st century company that market to anyone needing or wanting almost any kind of products.

It may not be for everyone but everyone is welcome at EF/EH.
Lots of room to grow.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 2, 2015
Goeasy is a fairly young company. There is lots of room for growth. I enjoy working here and would encourage others to work here as well.
This job is horrible
Sales/ driver/ cleaner (Former Employee), Simcoe OntarioJune 11, 2015
This job is horrible hours suck u don't get ur pay stubs u dont get paid over time and sometimes have to use ur personal vechile for work also ur hours worked never add up to ur hours paid. The manager is horrible and always is putting u done and yelling and screaming telling customers off and yelling at them. The health and safety in the building is horrible not wheelchair exceable also cannot get to the back fire exit or to the back bathroom. Employers are always stealing things and breaking things. They finally just got security cameras put in but I don't it will help. The vechile work trucks service is never up to date and the manager never probably inspects or trains the drivers how to check over the truck. Overall the worst place I have worked
Great Place to Work
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
while easyhome is a great place to work, it does not provide a good work/life balance for mothers with young ones at home. the hours are not flexible. I love the people i work with, they make the day so much better. Especially since it is under new management.
Hired/Not hired?
Retention (Former Employee), OshawaJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: don't give up your existing job for this one
Hired given a date for start which had to be confirmed, but then never received a call back. 3 visits one included 41/2 hour training, (unpaid) gave up a part time position so I was prepared to fill full time schedule. 2 weeks later another store location called. Told I would definitely receive a call back but never heard form them. Unorganized company.
A lot of LAZY managers, low paying jobs
Financial Service Rep. (Former Employee), Nova ScotiaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: helping people rebuild there credit and customers in need
Cons: low pay, lazy managers, not enough staff per branch
I previously worked for the company and a lot of managers are lazy and the FSR's do all the work and make half there salary and have a lot more stress load during busy times.

The bonus incentives are horrible and your get penalized if a customer goes bankrupt and that keeps you from bonusing. The company should not hold the employees responsible for someone else's financial hardships.

The company can cancel bonuses at anytime even if you met your sales goals & they don't tell you this till after you sign on the dotted line.

The hourly wage starting out with a finance education/experience is 11.00 to a max of 13.00 depending on the area you work in. There raises are a joke !!!! They try to make things sound so good with the bonuses but 95% of the time you never bonus. Wages get maxed out per job disruption and you can NOT get a raise after you've reached max pay.

Ya ya you get your birthday off paid but you don't get paid for overtime which is LAW but you are forced to sign a contract stating this is ok by you or you don't get the job lol

99% of the time you don't get a lunch but they still deduct a half hour for lunch time.

It paid the bills and that's all I can say about Easy Financial
Time for a change
Store Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good bonus structure
Cons: long hours
Looking to start a career I am passionate about. I went from the bottom of the chain so to speak and worked my way up the ladder to managing my own store. Now that I have some experience under my belt, I would like to find a job that is better suited for me.
Fast Paced, Friendly, Moderately Stressful
Store Manager (Former Employee), Slave Lake, ABDecember 12, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: small staff
While at Easyhome, I loved the people I worked with, the customers and the networking. I loved the concept of what this company provides, and I think that is what made it the hardest to leave. A typical day consisted of a lot of phone work, whether it was collections, sales, marketing, or information, I seemed to be consistently on the phone talking to customers or co-workers. I loved this, I am a very social person by nature. The incentives they have are amazing, and the benefits where there too. Almost the complete package.

There where very few negatives about working at Easyhome, we did have some tough times, mostly with the lack of morale. It made you dislike coming to work knowing that in such a small store, it only took one person having a bad day to destroy the whole teams.
Entry Level Management only Capable of Managing Entry Level Employees
Collections (Former Employee), HamiltonDecember 4, 2014
Pros: some financial incentives
Cons: entry level environment with zero professionalism and very micro managed
There are some nice financial incentives but you will need to be the best in the office to obtain them. Expect no help from your management or training. Training is pathetic. You will watch idiotic film clips of irrelevant material rather than spending time on what is important such as learning their software systems. Management is very entry level lacking any professional training or university exposure. There is ZERO professionalism. Management will leave for the day without saying goodbye for example and instead say something such as "Get the Money". No class. It is very entry level and very very very micro managed. It will be brought to your attention if you use the washroom outside of your break time for example. Expect a McDonalds environment.
An aggressive young company
BRANCH MANAGER & REGIONAL TRAINING LEAD (Former Employee), Cambridge ONNovember 14, 2014
Has great potential! Fast paced and helpful to those with a credit blemmish
Retention
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Vernon, BCSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: coworkers are fun and easy to get along with
Cons: late nights away from my family
I send out letters to past due accounts and make 3 rounds of calls daily to the same past due customers trying to get them in to make their payments. I answer questions via phone, email and text from all customers. Help customers find the product they are looking for, if its not in my store I look at other store inventory and have it transferred if I cant find it in any store I then place an order for it. I enjoy when I get a severely past due account that is about to charge off and go to a 3rd party collection agency repossessed or paid in full
Great job to have no life, will face discrimination with advancement
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: horrible pay, bad management, very stressful, very demanding with no rewards
A typical day at work would be showing up, having to answer all the phone calls coming in, having to help every customer that walked through the door (cause the manager was to busy playing video games or watching the latest episode on netflix, you'll have constant pressure to get sales, constant pressure to keep the collections down. You can work your but off but nobody will ever notice, cause easyhome DOES NOT give people the opportunity to advance!
awesome
Store manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 16, 2014
Pros: amazing customer, very rewarding to help people out
Cons: no life beyond work, expectations way to high. extremely stressful job
Awesome place to work if you want to work alot, and never have to days off in a row, great salary and benefits, awful upper management. if you have half a brain and know what your doing they just fire other staff and expect you to hold the ground, and when you fail they demote you and cut your salary by alot and expect you to survive.company is great but they need to look at the higher up managemnet not store level...
enjoyed my job
Manager Credit and Collections (Former Employee), mississauga ontarioJune 27, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: unacceptable hours expected to work, disrespect for employees
the most enjoyable part of the job were the customers and my staff and the job that I was responsible for, ie: coaching training my staff, dealing with customers, credit, customer service and collections.
good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Corner Brook, NLJune 16, 2014
good place to work, good manager, liked to work there. Management was good and coworkers were great. Good working hours.
Industry