goeasy Employee Reviews in Canada

Overall Review
Sales Rep/Delivery specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 15, 2016
easyhome was alright. Dealt with delivery, and a bit of telemarketing and sales on the side. Wages are good, however advancements are limited. Management was fair. Easyhome didn't have a job culture at all.
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
Rude management
low moral
Collector (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 15, 2016
low wages, unpleasant, unsafe work place, in Jackson Square in Hamilton, everyone looking for other jobs, no morale,
management is always at head office in Mississauga, much better place to work out of.
Pros
Cons
minimal training, pay for parking, low salary, absent management
Misleading to say the least
Customer Service Representative (outbound sales) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 17, 2016
First, the job they are asking for on here does not pay $37,000 a year, you will be offered $13.50-$14 an hour to start, that doesn't even equal $30,000 a year. Secondly, be prepared to be called in on your days off because they do not know how to properly staff for a call centre and are constantly failing service level which is thrown back at the agents.

Lastly, before you apply maybe you should check out a video that CBC marketplace did about them, really opened my eyes when I was working there and made me decide to leave.

Good luck, you will need it.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor management, misleading pay and job duties, just say no.
BAD Management - Untrustworthy!!!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  OntarioMarch 26, 2016
If you have no conscience & wish to work with the public that already is having financial problems then this is the job for you. The Regional Managers push until your stress level is so high that you find yourself jamming clients into additional funds that they really can't afford. The salary (wages) are poor & the bonus structure is deceiving. The hours of work are ridiculous & there is no life/family balance. The best review was produced by "The Marketplace" via CBS. I would not recommend this employer to anyone....
Pros
Cons
Lots!!!
Sacrifice everything... Expect nothibg
Manager (Former Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 12, 2016
Here is a company with great intentions. But, a complete lack of structure or organization. If you work here, expect to be treated with less regard then the over inflated prices furniture you are selling. Upper management is the worst. They have little respect for anyone. They are only concerned about their personal reputation. Work here if you have no respect for yourself
Pros
I lived close to work... So, I never drove
Cons
Zero respect, everyone is out to stab each other in the back
Poor upper mgmt
Leasing Specialist/Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 24, 2016
You go to work, spend at least 10 hrs there (hope you don't have a family at home), rarely get to take a lunch, get paid just above minimum wage. You're expected to keep sales up, and collections down. Product is garbage. You are expected to overload customer with products when you know they can't afford. I felt bad for some customers because I knew they couldn't afford all the items pushed onto them, forcing them into collections.

This job is for someone that has no life, and doesn't care if they are treated like garbage and not rewarded for their time. Don't make plans to go away on a weekend because you won't get any Saturdays off.

Good luck!!
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Too many to list
Fun
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 29, 2016
It's regular retail, fast paced, exciting, customer focused. This company supports advancement and career goals. There are several bonus programs.
Worked here a year.
Senior Collector. (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OnAugust 11, 2015
I came to this company after reading many reviews and unsure of how this experience would be. I have to say it's not bad... The company treats employee's pretty good.

Quite a few incentives, Real good opportunity to make bonus and decent benefits. The office I work in (call centre) is very relaxed. I show up most days in shorts and t-shirts. Free keurig coffee. Monthly floor meetings with snacks and awards with 1 person getting employee of the month with a $$$ bonus.

Now for the those who are willing to work hard. This year alone I have increased my income my $10.000. That's not a typo $10.000!!! How??? I work hard and make bonus... I made $2200 in July 2015 in bonus. Not to mention I won $150 in Walmart/ Tim Horton's gift cards.

I am currently in manager development training. I was a branch manager before at another financial company and this training is decent. They invest time and money in you ,if YOU work hard for them.

Don't believe everything negative you read about Easyfinancial/Easyhome. They're a 21st century company that market to anyone needing or wanting almost any kind of products.

It may not be for everyone but everyone is welcome at EF/EH.
Pros
Bonus, Hours, pay, benefits, training, atmosphere, colleagues
Cons
Everyday work stuff
Shady company to work for
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2016
I worked at the corporate office I watched people come and go...management is horrible and they are liars...they use you give you no direction and fly by the seat of their pants....run as fast as you can away from this company ...they mask high interest loans to poor people as if they are helping....worst company I have ever worked for ...if you want work life balance don't ever come here .....
Cons
More you scam more you make
Bm (Former Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 11, 2016
Unrelentless target pushing from higher ups. This would be normal since all companies look to grow, but they want you to get sales by all means. That's including selling garbage to customers that they absolutely have no need for and this increases their repayment amount by an obscene amount compared to their initial borrowings. They claim theyre helping customers in really bad financial positions but in reality, everyone is better off just claiming bankruptcy and save themselves tens of thousands of dollars.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Everything else
not paid enough
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MBMay 17, 2016
they expect you to do more then what your job requires and don't think you should get paid for it. i help bring this branch of the store out of debt, and while working here i did 3 different job roles and they thought that i was only worthy of a 50 cent raise after a year of doing this.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good Opportunity
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2016
Goeasy was a great experience. They are progressive and exciting to work for. They treated their employees with respect. I only left to open my own business.
Laid back, go with the flow
Store Manager, Easy Home Lease-to-own (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 13, 2016
great co workers, do your job and your manager will be happy, dealing with angry customers at times when doing collections.
Don't work here!!!
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  BCNovember 16, 2013
There is no work/life balance. Your work becomes your life. You work hours of unpaid overtime, and see nothing for it. They claim so many incentives and monthly bonuses, but have a system in place so that scoring high in one category means you score low in another, there's no way to balance them off. Managment is a joke, they're all lazy and expect you to do everything yourself, even dealing with other employees because they don't want to get into a confrontation. The salary was enough to live on, and the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
salary
Cons
management, unpaid overtime
Good staff
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2015
Had good staff members and like my position being collection/ Customer service Representative. Average pay salary and good hours, plus benifits.
Pros
Good hours and wage
Cons
Company was tooking over
awesome
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 16, 2014
Awesome place to work if you want to work alot, and never have to days off in a row, great salary and benefits, awful upper management. if you have half a brain and know what your doing they just fire other staff and expect you to hold the ground, and when you fail they demote you and cut your salary by alot and expect you to survive.company is great but they need to look at the higher up managemnet not store level...
Pros
amazing customer, very rewarding to help people out
Cons
no life beyond work, expectations way to high. extremely stressful job
Great Place to Work
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
while easyhome is a great place to work, it does not provide a good work/life balance for mothers with young ones at home. the hours are not flexible. I love the people i work with, they make the day so much better. Especially since it is under new management.
A lot of LAZY managers, low paying jobs
Financial Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Nova ScotiaJanuary 6, 2015
I previously worked for the company and a lot of managers are lazy and the FSR's do all the work and make half there salary and have a lot more stress load during busy times.

The bonus incentives are horrible and your get penalized if a customer goes bankrupt and that keeps you from bonusing. The company should not hold the employees responsible for someone else's financial hardships.

The company can cancel bonuses at anytime even if you met your sales goals & they don't tell you this till after you sign on the dotted line.

The hourly wage starting out with a finance education/experience is 11.00 to a max of 13.00 depending on the area you work in. There raises are a joke !!!! They try to make things sound so good with the bonuses but 95% of the time you never bonus. Wages get maxed out per job disruption and you can NOT get a raise after you've reached max pay.

Ya ya you get your birthday off paid but you don't get paid for overtime which is LAW but you are forced to sign a contract stating this is ok by you or you don't get the job lol

99% of the time you don't get a lunch but they still deduct a half hour for lunch time.

It paid the bills and that's all I can say about Easy Financial
Pros
helping people rebuild there credit and customers in need
Cons
low pay, lazy managers, not enough staff per branch
This job is horrible
Sales/ driver/ cleaner (Former Employee) –  Simcoe OntarioJune 11, 2015
This job is horrible hours suck u don't get ur pay stubs u dont get paid over time and sometimes have to use ur personal vechile for work also ur hours worked never add up to ur hours paid. The manager is horrible and always is putting u done and yelling and screaming telling customers off and yelling at them. The health and safety in the building is horrible not wheelchair exceable also cannot get to the back fire exit or to the back bathroom. Employers are always stealing things and breaking things. They finally just got security cameras put in but I don't it will help. The vechile work trucks service is never up to date and the manager never probably inspects or trains the drivers how to check over the truck. Overall the worst place I have worked
Difficult place to work
Delivery/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 8, 2013
I worked here for just over a year and it was turbulent time. There was little room for advancement and the pay increase didnt happen. Had to deal with people with little credit that were on many occasions defensive and confrontational. Repossessing furniture it was made me quit, had a gun pulled on me by a "customer" who didnt want to return their very late unpaid products and was already headed to jail.
Pros
the physical workout aspect
Cons
terrible management, pay and fear of safety

2.8