goeasy Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2016
Lazy managers as all the work gets done by the financial services Representative.
Although the tendency to grow is likely for anyone who knows the job.
Pros
Free coffee and career advancement is very possible
Cons
No work life balance at all. If you love to spend quality time with your family, then this job is not for you. Greedy and selfish management
not paid enough
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB17 May 2016
they expect you to do more then what your job requires and don't think you should get paid for it. i help bring this branch of the store out of debt, and while working here i did 3 different job roles and they thought that i was only worthy of a 50 cent raise after a year of doing this.
Pros
Cons
everything
BAD Management - Untrustworthy!!!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario26 March 2016
If you have no conscience & wish to work with the public that already is having financial problems then this is the job for you. The Regional Managers push until your stress level is so high that you find yourself jamming clients into additional funds that they really can't afford. The salary (wages) are poor & the bonus structure is deceiving. The hours of work are ridiculous & there is no life/family balance. The best review was produced by "The Marketplace" via CBS. I would not recommend this employer to anyone....
Pros
Cons
Lots!!!
Upper Management unrealistic
Legal account manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta17 November 2016
Noone wants to take accountability, lots of finger pointing, never understood the reasoning behind that. Upper Management was terrible, lots of pressure and unrealistic goals for low pay. Heavy work load and expected to put in 15 hour days and guilt tripped if you didn't. I've always been considered a high performer but not with this company. High turn over rate. Only spoke with my micromanager, was never offered the opportunity to voice my opinion to anyone else within the company. When I did voice an opinion I was chastised and told that things were not my business and don't I dare ask questions, asking questions was seen as a lack of independence. Culture was desperate and negative. Would not recommend.. Lots of unhappy employees, unfortunately.
Pros
Enjoyed the type of work i was doing, learned some invaluable skills
Cons
Micromanaged, low pay, negative atmosphere, no accountability
Do not work here, you have been warned!!!
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 September 2016
I worked at easy financial in Oakville since the first day they opened. At first management was great then my manager was transferred to a different location. I was an FSR and had 2 managers just not show up for work and leave, then I had to run the store myself. If you like being underpaid and tricking people who really need financial help into thinking that you are helping them , like being overworked and still told you are not doing a good enough job, then this job is for you. I would never work for them again or recommend them to anyone. Just a bunch of greedy loan sharks. If you like showing up unexpectedly to past due clients houses to tell them they are past due and try to get the money, this job is for you. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
Cons
Not a bad place to work, but not for me.
Assistant Manager and Retention Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 October 2016
I worked as retail associate at easyhome, but my primary duties involved delivery and at times repossession of company property, for over 6 years, including collection calls. Many times I assumed the role of acting manager when the current manager was away on vacation or management was in a period of transition, but overall I enjoyed the routine of the job, and my knowledge of procedures to confidently function in multiple roles. "The hardest part of the job?" .... repossession from families. In the end, the job was simply not challenging or fulfilling in anyway and in the end, income is the determining factor.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Not enough job satisfaction.
low moral
Collector (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 March 2016
low wages, unpleasant, unsafe work place, in Jackson Square in Hamilton, everyone looking for other jobs, no morale,
management is always at head office in Mississauga, much better place to work out of.
Pros
Cons
minimal training, pay for parking, low salary, absent management
Shady company to work for
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2016
I worked at the corporate office I watched people come and go...management is horrible and they are liars...they use you give you no direction and fly by the seat of their pants....run as fast as you can away from this company ...they mask high interest loans to poor people as if they are helping....worst company I have ever worked for ...if you want work life balance don't ever come here .....
Cons
No balance between work and personal life
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2016
This company works best for people with no family or personal life. Your job will take over your life...ridiculous schedules and uncaring unsympathetic management team.
Pros
Relaxing work environment
Cons
Ridiculous schedules
Disorganized workplace with lazy management, no leadership
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON21 September 2016
They sell you a good story about it being a great place to work. But its terrible. Minimum wage, bad hours, selfish management, smells like cat urine. No upward mobility. Lazy coworkers that refuse to due their tasks.
Misleading to say the least
Customer Service Representative (outbound sales) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 March 2016
First, the job they are asking for on here does not pay $37,000 a year, you will be offered $13.50-$14 an hour to start, that doesn't even equal $30,000 a year. Secondly, be prepared to be called in on your days off because they do not know how to properly staff for a call centre and are constantly failing service level which is thrown back at the agents.

Lastly, before you apply maybe you should check out a video that CBC marketplace did about them, really opened my eyes when I was working there and made me decide to leave.

Good luck, you will need it.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor management, misleading pay and job duties, just say no.
Don't work here!!!
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  BC16 November 2013
There is no work/life balance. Your work becomes your life. You work hours of unpaid overtime, and see nothing for it. They claim so many incentives and monthly bonuses, but have a system in place so that scoring high in one category means you score low in another, there's no way to balance them off. Managment is a joke, they're all lazy and expect you to do everything yourself, even dealing with other employees because they don't want to get into a confrontation. The salary was enough to live on, and the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
salary
Cons
management, unpaid overtime
Fast Paced, Friendly, Moderately Stressful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB12 December 2014
While at Easyhome, I loved the people I worked with, the customers and the networking. I loved the concept of what this company provides, and I think that is what made it the hardest to leave. A typical day consisted of a lot of phone work, whether it was collections, sales, marketing, or information, I seemed to be consistently on the phone talking to customers or co-workers. I loved this, I am a very social person by nature. The incentives they have are amazing, and the benefits where there too. Almost the complete package.

There where very few negatives about working at Easyhome, we did have some tough times, mostly with the lack of morale. It made you dislike coming to work knowing that in such a small store, it only took one person having a bad day to destroy the whole teams.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Small Staff
Poor upper mgmt
Leasing Specialist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 February 2016
You go to work, spend at least 10 hrs there (hope you don't have a family at home), rarely get to take a lunch, get paid just above minimum wage. You're expected to keep sales up, and collections down. Product is garbage. You are expected to overload customer with products when you know they can't afford. I felt bad for some customers because I knew they couldn't afford all the items pushed onto them, forcing them into collections.

This job is for someone that has no life, and doesn't care if they are treated like garbage and not rewarded for their time. Don't make plans to go away on a weekend because you won't get any Saturdays off.

Good luck!!
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Too many to list
Overall Review
Sales Rep/Delivery specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 January 2016
easyhome was alright. Dealt with delivery, and a bit of telemarketing and sales on the side. Wages are good, however advancements are limited. Management was fair. Easyhome didn't have a job culture at all.
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
Rude management
Sacrifice everything... Expect nothibg
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta12 February 2016
Here is a company with great intentions. But, a complete lack of structure or organization. If you work here, expect to be treated with less regard then the over inflated prices furniture you are selling. Upper management is the worst. They have little respect for anyone. They are only concerned about their personal reputation. Work here if you have no respect for yourself
Pros
I lived close to work... So, I never drove
Cons
Zero respect, everyone is out to stab each other in the back
Good staff
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2015
Had good staff members and like my position being collection/ Customer service Representative. Average pay salary and good hours, plus benifits.
Pros
Good hours and wage
Cons
Company was tooking over
awesome
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2014
Awesome place to work if you want to work alot, and never have to days off in a row, great salary and benefits, awful upper management. if you have half a brain and know what your doing they just fire other staff and expect you to hold the ground, and when you fail they demote you and cut your salary by alot and expect you to survive.company is great but they need to look at the higher up managemnet not store level...
Pros
amazing customer, very rewarding to help people out
Cons
no life beyond work, expectations way to high. extremely stressful job
Long endless days with little acknowledgement
Collections (Former Employee) –  Sarnia ontario6 April 2013
Worked for company for 5 years. Did deliveries, collections, and management. Company is very slick. Gave my all for 5 years and put family on backburner for it. Was backstabbed by management, threatened to be terminated if i took more than a couple days off for my first childs birth.(my wife is high risk) Had one of supervisors change hours worked so i wouldnt get overtime owed and much more. I gotta say they are the only company that i know that has the nerve to sell a used crusty bed for 4 times its value. One of the worst parts of the job was having work EVERY saturday 10 hrs or else with them. Buddy system was being used with favortism within organization for raises and promotions. They got a full plate with the internal issues. And they need to stop charging stupid amounts of money for stuff, take a look at the money lending companies and what has happened. Give your head a shake. If you plan to work for them balance your home life, stand your ground and dont let them rock your ethics or morals. Its a dog eat dog industry and its not for everyone.
Pros
meet lots of great ppl and develop friendships wih coworkers
Cons
long days, shady management, buddy system within organization
Good Opportunity
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2016
Goeasy was a great experience. They are progressive and exciting to work for. They treated their employees with respect. I only left to open my own business.

2.6