goeasy Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to workh
Ops (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 21, 2016
Pros: Culture and some people
Cons: career advancement does not exist unless you are someones favourite pet, Salary is consistently 30% - 40% below industry standard, The CEO is a pervert he will give raises and promotions based on how attractive you are, long hours and no overtime pay.
Worked at goeasy for 1 year at their support centre. Made some lifelong friends and had a ton of fun. This company has an unmatched corporate culture which is honestly the only pro to working here.
not paid enough
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Thompson, MBMay 17, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: everything
they expect you to do more then what your job requires and don't think you should get paid for it. i help bring this branch of the store out of debt, and while working here i did 3 different job roles and they thought that i was only worthy of a 50 cent raise after a year of doing this.
Shady company to work for
Support Staff (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
I worked at the corporate office I watched people come and go...management is horrible and they are liars...they use you give you no direction and fly by the seat of their pants....run as fast as you can away from this company ...they mask high interest loans to poor people as if they are helping....worst company I have ever worked for ...if you want work life balance don't ever come here .....
BAD Management - Untrustworthy!!!
Branch Manager (Current Employee), OntarioMarch 26, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: Lots!!!
If you have no conscience & wish to work with the public that already is having financial problems then this is the job for you. The Regional Managers push until your stress level is so high that you find yourself jamming clients into additional funds that they really can't afford. The salary (wages) are poor & the bonus structure is deceiving. The hours of work are ridiculous & there is no life/family balance. The best review was produced by "The Marketplace" via CBS. I would not recommend this employer to anyone....
Misleading to say the least
Customer Service Representative (outbound sales) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Poor management, misleading pay and job duties, just say no.
First, the job they are asking for on here does not pay $37,000 a year, you will be offered $13.50-$14 an hour to start, that doesn't even equal $30,000 a year. Secondly, be prepared to be called in on your days off because they do not know how to properly staff for a call centre and are constantly failing service level which is thrown back at the agents.

Lastly, before you apply maybe you should check out a video that CBC marketplace did about them, really opened my eyes when I was working there and made me decide to leave.

Good luck, you will need it.
low moral
Collector (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 15, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: minimal training, pay for parking, low salary, absent management
low wages, unpleasant, unsafe work place, in Jackson Square in Hamilton, everyone looking for other jobs, no morale,
management is always at head office in Mississauga, much better place to work out of.
Fun
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 29, 2016
It's regular retail, fast paced, exciting, customer focused. This company supports advancement and career goals. There are several bonus programs.
Poor upper mgmt
Leasing Specialist/Manager (Former Employee), OntarioFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: Great customers
Cons: Too many to list
You go to work, spend at least 10 hrs there (hope you don't have a family at home), rarely get to take a lunch, get paid just above minimum wage. You're expected to keep sales up, and collections down. Product is garbage. You are expected to overload customer with products when you know they can't afford. I felt bad for some customers because I knew they couldn't afford all the items pushed onto them, forcing them into collections.

This job is for someone that has no life, and doesn't care if they are treated like garbage and not rewarded for their time. Don't make plans to go away on a weekend because you won't get any Saturdays off.

Good luck!!
Laid back, go with the flow
Store Manager, Easy Home Lease-to-own (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 13, 2016
great co workers, do your job and your manager will be happy, dealing with angry customers at times when doing collections.
Sacrifice everything... Expect nothibg
Manager (Former Employee), AlbertaFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: I lived close to work... So, I never drove
Cons: Zero respect, everyone is out to stab each other in the back
Here is a company with great intentions. But, a complete lack of structure or organization. If you work here, expect to be treated with less regard then the over inflated prices furniture you are selling. Upper management is the worst. They have little respect for anyone. They are only concerned about their personal reputation. Work here if you have no respect for yourself
More you scam more you make
Bm (Former Employee), AlbertaFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Easy work
Cons: Everything else
Unrelentless target pushing from higher ups. This would be normal since all companies look to grow, but they want you to get sales by all means. That's including selling garbage to customers that they absolutely have no need for and this increases their repayment amount by an obscene amount compared to their initial borrowings. They claim theyre helping customers in really bad financial positions but in reality, everyone is better off just claiming bankruptcy and save themselves tens of thousands of dollars.
Overall Review
Sales Rep/Delivery specialist (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: 30 minute lunch
Cons: Rude management
easyhome was alright. Dealt with delivery, and a bit of telemarketing and sales on the side. Wages are good, however advancements are limited. Management was fair. Easyhome didn't have a job culture at all.
Great place to help out customers that have no credit or can't make big payments.
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Calgary, AB.September 15, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Repo's
Delivering products to customers and setting them up is the good side of the job, Repo customers or their children is NOT the fun side of the job. This is the part of the job they don't mention at the time of hire. Great customers makes this for a fun job.
Terrible place to work
fsr (Former Employee), bcSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: everything
i would not recommend this job to anyone. I left as I was bullied out and felt that I had no one to turn to. I later learned that the one I could talk to was in on the whole thing to begin with. Over worked and high stress. Stay away.
Good staff
Collection Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Good hours and wage
Cons: Company was tooking over
Had good staff members and like my position being collection/ Customer service Representative. Average pay salary and good hours, plus benifits.
Worked here a year.
Senior Collector. (Current Employee), Hamilton, OnAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Bonus, Hours, pay, benefits, training, atmosphere, colleagues
Cons: Everyday work stuff
I came to this company after reading many reviews and unsure of how this experience would be. I have to say it's not bad... The company treats employee's pretty good.

Quite a few incentives, Real good opportunity to make bonus and decent benefits. The office I work in (call centre) is very relaxed. I show up most days in shorts and t-shirts. Free keurig coffee. Monthly floor meetings with snacks and awards with 1 person getting employee of the month with a $$$ bonus.

Now for the those who are willing to work hard. This year alone I have increased my income my $10.000. That's not a typo $10.000!!! How??? I work hard and make bonus... I made $2200 in July 2015 in bonus. Not to mention I won $150 in Walmart/ Tim Horton's gift cards.

I am currently in manager development training. I was a branch manager before at another financial company and this training is decent. They invest time and money in you ,if YOU work hard for them.

Don't believe everything negative you read about Easyfinancial/Easyhome. They're a 21st century company that market to anyone needing or wanting almost any kind of products.

It may not be for everyone but everyone is welcome at EF/EH.
Lots of room to grow.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 2, 2015
Goeasy is a fairly young company. There is lots of room for growth. I enjoy working here and would encourage others to work here as well.
This job is horrible
Sales/ driver/ cleaner (Former Employee), Simcoe OntarioJune 11, 2015
This job is horrible hours suck u don't get ur pay stubs u dont get paid over time and sometimes have to use ur personal vechile for work also ur hours worked never add up to ur hours paid. The manager is horrible and always is putting u done and yelling and screaming telling customers off and yelling at them. The health and safety in the building is horrible not wheelchair exceable also cannot get to the back fire exit or to the back bathroom. Employers are always stealing things and breaking things. They finally just got security cameras put in but I don't it will help. The vechile work trucks service is never up to date and the manager never probably inspects or trains the drivers how to check over the truck. Overall the worst place I have worked
Great Place to Work
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
while easyhome is a great place to work, it does not provide a good work/life balance for mothers with young ones at home. the hours are not flexible. I love the people i work with, they make the day so much better. Especially since it is under new management.
Hired/Not hired?
Retention (Former Employee), OshawaJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: don't give up your existing job for this one
Hired given a date for start which had to be confirmed, but then never received a call back. 3 visits one included 41/2 hour training, (unpaid) gave up a part time position so I was prepared to fill full time schedule. 2 weeks later another store location called. Told I would definitely receive a call back but never heard form them. Unorganized company.
Industry