goeasy

goeasy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Most unethical company I have ever experienced
Collector (Former Employee), WindsorMarch 8, 2013
Pros: variety of work experiences.
Cons: unethical border on criminal
By experience I have seen this company manipulate customers and accounts so that the disadvantaged pay for products 4-5x over their value. They will lie as to repair status of products and do whatever they can to secure their advantage the general intent is Rent to Rent and occasionally succeed to ownership. I have seen televisions rented with dead cockroaches inside and sofas returned from a home where someone had died in the home only to have the sofa paid off from the insurance and cleaned and re-rented. Of all the Rent to Own companies they are by far the worst choice to be involved with. The salary is mediocre at best and as for performance incentives its up to those ambitious enough be a dishonest as needed to get the sales. As for a collector position you can expect endless calls for payment from customers at a minimum of 3x a day or as many as needed until you get a response. You will be knocking on doors in various locations which will involve product repossession and potential confrontation. In the best of situations you will need to be physically fit to carry products in awkward situations and be required to have a strong base of knowledge on how to manipulate methods to get the product into the homes. As for sales you will have limited product knowledge but be expected to know how to sell it. It will be necessary to know how to be to assemble furniture. If your lucky you will encounter good customers and like minded co-workers to share the stress. As for family life...its a form of retail and you will work saturday and be in the store as early as 8am or as late as – more... 8pm. No axe to grind just the reality of this company and the job as a whole. – less
Worked here a year.
Senior Collector. (Current Employee), Hamilton, OnAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Bonus, Hours, pay, benefits, training, atmosphere, colleagues
Cons: Everyday work stuff
I came to this company after reading many reviews and unsure of how this experience would be. I have to say it's not bad... The company treats employee's pretty good.

Quite a few incentives, Real good opportunity to make bonus and decent benefits. The office I work in (call centre) is very relaxed. I show up most days in shorts and t-shirts. Free keurig coffee. Monthly floor meetings with snacks and awards with 1 person getting employee of the month with a $$$ bonus.

Now for the those who are willing to work hard. This year alone I have increased my income my $10.000. That's not a typo $10.000!!! How??? I work hard and make bonus... I made $2200 in July 2015 in bonus. Not to mention I won $150 in Walmart/ Tim Horton's gift cards.

I am currently in manager development training. I was a branch manager before at another financial company and this training is decent. They invest time and money in you ,if YOU work hard for them.

Don't believe everything negative you read about Easyfinancial/Easyhome. They're a 21st century company that market to anyone needing or wanting almost any kind of products.

It may not be for everyone but everyone is welcome at EF/EH.
Long endless days with little acknowledgement
Collections (Former Employee), Sarnia ontarioApril 6, 2013
Pros: meet lots of great ppl and develop friendships wih coworkers
Cons: long days, shady management, buddy system within organization
Worked for company for 5 years. Did deliveries, collections, and management. Company is very slick. Gave my all for 5 years and put family on backburner for it. Was backstabbed by management, threatened to be terminated if i took more than a couple days off for my first childs birth.(my wife is high risk) Had one of supervisors change hours worked so i wouldnt get overtime owed and much more. I gotta say they are the only company that i know that has the nerve to sell a used crusty bed for 4 times its value. One of the worst parts of the job was having work EVERY saturday 10 hrs or else with them. Buddy system was being used with favortism within organization for raises and promotions. They got a full plate with the internal issues. And they need to stop charging stupid amounts of money for stuff, take a look at the money lending companies and what has happened. Give your head a shake. If you plan to work for them balance your home life, stand your ground and dont let them rock your ethics or morals. Its a dog eat dog industry and its not for everyone.
A lot of LAZY managers, low paying jobs
Financial Service Rep. (Former Employee), Nova ScotiaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: helping people rebuild there credit and customers in need
Cons: low pay, lazy managers, not enough staff per branch
I previously worked for the company and a lot of managers are lazy and the FSR's do all the work and make half there salary and have a lot more stress load during busy times.

The bonus incentives are horrible and your get penalized if a customer goes bankrupt and that keeps you from bonusing. The company should not hold the employees responsible for someone else's financial hardships.

The company can cancel bonuses at anytime even if you met your sales goals & they don't tell you this till after you sign on the dotted line.

The hourly wage starting out with a finance education/experience is 11.00 to a max of 13.00 depending on the area you work in. There raises are a joke !!!! They try to make things sound so good with the bonuses but 95% of the time you never bonus. Wages get maxed out per job disruption and you can NOT get a raise after you've reached max pay.

Ya ya you get your birthday off paid but you don't get paid for overtime which is LAW but you are forced to sign a contract stating this is ok by you or you don't get the job lol

99% of the time you don't get a lunch but they still deduct a half hour for lunch time.

It paid the bills and that's all I can say about Easy Financial
Fast Paced, Friendly, Moderately Stressful
Store Manager (Former Employee), Slave Lake, ABDecember 12, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: small staff
While at Easyhome, I loved the people I worked with, the customers and the networking. I loved the concept of what this company provides, and I think that is what made it the hardest to leave. A typical day consisted of a lot of phone work, whether it was collections, sales, marketing, or information, I seemed to be consistently on the phone talking to customers or co-workers. I loved this, I am a very social person by nature. The incentives they have are amazing, and the benefits where there too. Almost the complete package.

There where very few negatives about working at Easyhome, we did have some tough times, mostly with the lack of morale. It made you dislike coming to work knowing that in such a small store, it only took one person having a bad day to destroy the whole teams.
Entry Level Management only Capable of Managing Entry Level Employees
Collections (Former Employee), HamiltonDecember 4, 2014
Pros: some financial incentives
Cons: entry level environment with zero professionalism and very micro managed
There are some nice financial incentives but you will need to be the best in the office to obtain them. Expect no help from your management or training. Training is pathetic. You will watch idiotic film clips of irrelevant material rather than spending time on what is important such as learning their software systems. Management is very entry level lacking any professional training or university exposure. There is ZERO professionalism. Management will leave for the day without saying goodbye for example and instead say something such as "Get the Money". No class. It is very entry level and very very very micro managed. It will be brought to your attention if you use the washroom outside of your break time for example. Expect a McDonalds environment.
the best part of working for this company is the people
LEASING SPECIALISH (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 24, 2013
Pros: meeting many people
Cons: working every sat
I have worked at EasyHome for 5yrs during this time i have met many people both as co-workers and customer many have become friends My days are usually busy starting with making sure store is ready for customers at 10am . I vac-dust-restock floor- answer messages-check float and sign off prepare marketing letters and send.I do collection calls.Hardest part of job is tell current customer that they cant have more product based on their income.Part i love the most is when people get what they want or need and they are so happy about it.Our company does not do credit checks
This job is horrible
Sales/ driver/ cleaner (Former Employee), Simcoe OntarioJune 11, 2015
This job is horrible hours suck u don't get ur pay stubs u dont get paid over time and sometimes have to use ur personal vechile for work also ur hours worked never add up to ur hours paid. The manager is horrible and always is putting u done and yelling and screaming telling customers off and yelling at them. The health and safety in the building is horrible not wheelchair exceable also cannot get to the back fire exit or to the back bathroom. Employers are always stealing things and breaking things. They finally just got security cameras put in but I don't it will help. The vechile work trucks service is never up to date and the manager never probably inspects or trains the drivers how to check over the truck. Overall the worst place I have worked
Retention
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Vernon, BCSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: coworkers are fun and easy to get along with
Cons: late nights away from my family
I send out letters to past due accounts and make 3 rounds of calls daily to the same past due customers trying to get them in to make their payments. I answer questions via phone, email and text from all customers. Help customers find the product they are looking for, if its not in my store I look at other store inventory and have it transferred if I cant find it in any store I then place an order for it. I enjoy when I get a severely past due account that is about to charge off and go to a 3rd party collection agency repossessed or paid in full
Don't work here!!!
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), BCNovember 16, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: management, unpaid overtime
There is no work/life balance. Your work becomes your life. You work hours of unpaid overtime, and see nothing for it. They claim so many incentives and monthly bonuses, but have a system in place so that scoring high in one category means you score low in another, there's no way to balance them off. Managment is a joke, they're all lazy and expect you to do everything yourself, even dealing with other employees because they don't want to get into a confrontation. The salary was enough to live on, and the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Great job to have no life, will face discrimination with advancement
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: horrible pay, bad management, very stressful, very demanding with no rewards
A typical day at work would be showing up, having to answer all the phone calls coming in, having to help every customer that walked through the door (cause the manager was to busy playing video games or watching the latest episode on netflix, you'll have constant pressure to get sales, constant pressure to keep the collections down. You can work your but off but nobody will ever notice, cause easyhome DOES NOT give people the opportunity to advance!
More you scam more you make
Bm (Former Employee), AlbertaFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Easy work
Cons: Everything else
Unrelentless target pushing from higher ups. This would be normal since all companies look to grow, but they want you to get sales by all means. That's including selling garbage to customers that they absolutely have no need for and this increases their repayment amount by an obscene amount compared to their initial borrowings. They claim theyre helping customers in really bad financial positions but in reality, everyone is better off just claiming bankruptcy and save themselves tens of thousands of dollars.
awesome
Store manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 16, 2014
Pros: amazing customer, very rewarding to help people out
Cons: no life beyond work, expectations way to high. extremely stressful job
Awesome place to work if you want to work alot, and never have to days off in a row, great salary and benefits, awful upper management. if you have half a brain and know what your doing they just fire other staff and expect you to hold the ground, and when you fail they demote you and cut your salary by alot and expect you to survive.company is great but they need to look at the higher up managemnet not store level...
Poorly Run.
Leasing Specialist / Retention Agent (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 19, 2012
Pros: none.
Cons: long hours, excessively stressful, extremely dangerous, very low pay.
Poorly Run Company,
Terrible Management, horrible pay considering the amount of work the employees do as well as the legitimate danger they are put in on a day to day basis, Incentives are given but are never paid out, the support center does nothing, and nothing ever seems to get done. I would NEVER consider working for this company again, nor would I recommend it to ANY of my friends or Family.
Difficult place to work
Delivery/Collections Specialist (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 8, 2013
Pros: the physical workout aspect
Cons: terrible management, pay and fear of safety
I worked here for just over a year and it was turbulent time. There was little room for advancement and the pay increase didnt happen. Had to deal with people with little credit that were on many occasions defensive and confrontational. Repossessing furniture it was made me quit, had a gun pulled on me by a "customer" who didnt want to return their very late unpaid products and was already headed to jail.
Fair wages
Driver/Collection Specialist (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 11, 2013
Pros: monthly incentive bonuses, free lunches
Cons: long hours, overbooking, breaking of set rules
Typical day at work is clock in, daily truck inspection, check delivery book for the day, load deliveries, acquire the correct paper work and complete delivery, Get paperwork signed, return to the store, assemble furniture, repair and clean furniture and appliances, clean store, assist customers with payment or inquiries, clock out, count nightly deposit and secure and close the store, drop off the nightly deposit.
Hired/Not hired?
Retention (Former Employee), OshawaJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: don't give up your existing job for this one
Hired given a date for start which had to be confirmed, but then never received a call back. 3 visits one included 41/2 hour training, (unpaid) gave up a part time position so I was prepared to fill full time schedule. 2 weeks later another store location called. Told I would definitely receive a call back but never heard form them. Unorganized company.
It was a good job but not career potential for me.
Leasing Specialist/Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: benefits and awesome co workers
Cons: unpredictable hours, no family time
My typical day there was to come in make calls, lease out furniture and electronics and file. It was very repetitive which is okay but there is really no where to go with this company and you can only learn so much here.
EasyFinancial Services
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee), Yarmouth, NSFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: you get you brithday off
Cons: i work alot of overtime hours and don't get payed for overtime.
I learn new things everyday our computer system changes everyday.
I enjoy woirking with people and helping them out in a time of need.
Is trying to get a loan to someone with good Credit.
When i can help someone out by paying of their Depts.
Time for a change
Store Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good bonus structure
Cons: long hours
Looking to start a career I am passionate about. I went from the bottom of the chain so to speak and worked my way up the ladder to managing my own store. Now that I have some experience under my belt, I would like to find a job that is better suited for me.
Industry