goeasy Employee Reviews

Do not work here, you have been warned!!!
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 28, 2016
I worked at easy financial in Oakville since the first day they opened. At first management was great then my manager was transferred to a different location. I was an FSR and had 2 managers just not show up for work and leave, then I had to run the store myself. If you like being underpaid and tricking people who really need financial help into thinking that you are helping them , like being overworked and still told you are not doing a good enough job, then this job is for you. I would never work for them again or recommend them to anyone. Just a bunch of greedy loan sharks. If you like showing up unexpectedly to past due clients houses to tell them they are past due and try to get the money, this job is for you. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
Cons
Disorganized workplace with lazy management, no leadership
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONSeptember 21, 2016
They sell you a good story about it being a great place to work. But its terrible. Minimum wage, bad hours, selfish management, smells like cat urine. No upward mobility. Lazy coworkers that refuse to due their tasks.
Good Opportunity
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2016
Goeasy was a great experience. They are progressive and exciting to work for. They treated their employees with respect. I only left to open my own business.
Shady company to work for
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2016
I worked at the corporate office I watched people come and go...management is horrible and they are liars...they use you give you no direction and fly by the seat of their pants....run as fast as you can away from this company ...they mask high interest loans to poor people as if they are helping....worst company I have ever worked for ...if you want work life balance don't ever come here .....
Cons
BAD Management - Untrustworthy!!!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  OntarioMarch 26, 2016
If you have no conscience & wish to work with the public that already is having financial problems then this is the job for you. The Regional Managers push until your stress level is so high that you find yourself jamming clients into additional funds that they really can't afford. The salary (wages) are poor & the bonus structure is deceiving. The hours of work are ridiculous & there is no life/family balance. The best review was produced by "The Marketplace" via CBS. I would not recommend this employer to anyone....
Pros
Cons
Lots!!!
Misleading to say the least
Customer Service Representative (outbound sales) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 17, 2016
First, the job they are asking for on here does not pay $37,000 a year, you will be offered $13.50-$14 an hour to start, that doesn't even equal $30,000 a year. Secondly, be prepared to be called in on your days off because they do not know how to properly staff for a call centre and are constantly failing service level which is thrown back at the agents.

Lastly, before you apply maybe you should check out a video that CBC marketplace did about them, really opened my eyes when I was working there and made me decide to leave.

Good luck, you will need it.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor management, misleading pay and job duties, just say no.
low moral
Collector (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 15, 2016
low wages, unpleasant, unsafe work place, in Jackson Square in Hamilton, everyone looking for other jobs, no morale,
management is always at head office in Mississauga, much better place to work out of.
Pros
Cons
minimal training, pay for parking, low salary, absent management
Fun
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 29, 2016
It's regular retail, fast paced, exciting, customer focused. This company supports advancement and career goals. There are several bonus programs.
Poor upper mgmt
Leasing Specialist/Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 24, 2016
You go to work, spend at least 10 hrs there (hope you don't have a family at home), rarely get to take a lunch, get paid just above minimum wage. You're expected to keep sales up, and collections down. Product is garbage. You are expected to overload customer with products when you know they can't afford. I felt bad for some customers because I knew they couldn't afford all the items pushed onto them, forcing them into collections.

This job is for someone that has no life, and doesn't care if they are treated like garbage and not rewarded for their time. Don't make plans to go away on a weekend because you won't get any Saturdays off.

Good luck!!
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Too many to list
Laid back, go with the flow
Store Manager, Easy Home Lease-to-own (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 13, 2016
great co workers, do your job and your manager will be happy, dealing with angry customers at times when doing collections.
Sacrifice everything... Expect nothibg
Manager (Former Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 12, 2016
Here is a company with great intentions. But, a complete lack of structure or organization. If you work here, expect to be treated with less regard then the over inflated prices furniture you are selling. Upper management is the worst. They have little respect for anyone. They are only concerned about their personal reputation. Work here if you have no respect for yourself
Pros
I lived close to work... So, I never drove
Cons
Zero respect, everyone is out to stab each other in the back
More you scam more you make
Bm (Former Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 11, 2016
Unrelentless target pushing from higher ups. This would be normal since all companies look to grow, but they want you to get sales by all means. That's including selling garbage to customers that they absolutely have no need for and this increases their repayment amount by an obscene amount compared to their initial borrowings. They claim theyre helping customers in really bad financial positions but in reality, everyone is better off just claiming bankruptcy and save themselves tens of thousands of dollars.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Everything else
Overall Review
Sales Rep/Delivery specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 15, 2016
easyhome was alright. Dealt with delivery, and a bit of telemarketing and sales on the side. Wages are good, however advancements are limited. Management was fair. Easyhome didn't have a job culture at all.
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
Rude management
Great place to help out customers that have no credit or can't make big payments.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB.September 15, 2015
Delivering products to customers and setting them up is the good side of the job, Repo customers or their children is NOT the fun side of the job. This is the part of the job they don't mention at the time of hire. Great customers makes this for a fun job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Repo's
Terrible place to work
fsr (Former Employee) –  bcSeptember 13, 2015
i would not recommend this job to anyone. I left as I was bullied out and felt that I had no one to turn to. I later learned that the one I could talk to was in on the whole thing to begin with. Over worked and high stress. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good staff
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2015
Had good staff members and like my position being collection/ Customer service Representative. Average pay salary and good hours, plus benifits.
Pros
Good hours and wage
Cons
Company was tooking over
Lots of room to grow.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 2, 2015
Goeasy is a fairly young company. There is lots of room for growth. I enjoy working here and would encourage others to work here as well.
This job is horrible
Sales/ driver/ cleaner (Former Employee) –  Simcoe OntarioJune 11, 2015
This job is horrible hours suck u don't get ur pay stubs u dont get paid over time and sometimes have to use ur personal vechile for work also ur hours worked never add up to ur hours paid. The manager is horrible and always is putting u done and yelling and screaming telling customers off and yelling at them. The health and safety in the building is horrible not wheelchair exceable also cannot get to the back fire exit or to the back bathroom. Employers are always stealing things and breaking things. They finally just got security cameras put in but I don't it will help. The vechile work trucks service is never up to date and the manager never probably inspects or trains the drivers how to check over the truck. Overall the worst place I have worked
Great Place to Work
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
while easyhome is a great place to work, it does not provide a good work/life balance for mothers with young ones at home. the hours are not flexible. I love the people i work with, they make the day so much better. Especially since it is under new management.
Hired/Not hired?
Retention (Former Employee) –  OshawaJanuary 28, 2015
Hired given a date for start which had to be confirmed, but then never received a call back. 3 visits one included 41/2 hour training, (unpaid) gave up a part time position so I was prepared to fill full time schedule. 2 weeks later another store location called. Told I would definitely receive a call back but never heard form them. Unorganized company.
Cons
don't give up your existing job for this one

2.7