Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun atmosphere and great chocolate
Store Manager (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great chocolate
At Godiva I've been able to concentrate on amazing customer service and have been able to grow the business in the past few years. I have trained an amazing staff that care deeply for the store and each other.
Fun Place to work, lots of passion for the brand and Tenure.
Field Training/ Assistant Manager Manager (Current Employee), CAJanuary 18, 2014
Godiva is not just retail sales.... It's about an exceptional experience. About a passion, having an intense passion for the brand and what you do, and also passing that passion on to the guest. Coworkers are dedicated, and serious about the expectations. The hardest part of the job is resisting the chocolate. The best thing about working at Godiva – more... is putting a smile on every guests face, and providing the ultimate chocolate experience through our decadent products and exceptional service. – less
Customer service is a passion of mine
Assistant Manager/ Key Holder (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2014
Retail is a great field to grow your skills. You will develop extraordinary patience and excellent problem solving skills. Dealing with a day to day events in a retail environment is the best way to learn.
Unorganized, unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJanuary 3, 2014
MY experience was not good it took me a month to receive my first paycheck. The manager almost never contacted me personally always texted my relative my schedule or a request to send to me.
many oportunities for bonuses
Sales Associate/cashier/key holder/ (Former Employee), .N. Bethesda Md.20895November 9, 2013
Pros: won prizes good heathcare
Cons: stock work became to difficult
learned how to do coffee, dip fruit in chocolate some bookkeeping
managers taught me how to help them
took turns waiting on customers so not to hog bonuses
hardest part stock work
most enjoyed helping customers choose the right product for their needs
Working with chocolate
Store Manager (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: chocolate
Cons: store had no bathroom
Set store goals, diplays and sample chocolates. Co-workers fun and customers was great.
Very good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NHOctober 2, 2013
It is a very enjoyable job. The high end boutique helps sell the incredibly delicious chocolate confections.
Fun company!
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 2, 2013
Making customers happy! Getting the customer the right gift for all of their special occasions. Holiday at Godiva is the busiest I've seen at any retailer. Valentine's Day is crazy but FUN!
Maintaining Godiva 'Elite' Status.
Customer Service Associate / Chocolatier (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2013
Pros: the manager was a sweetheart and really cared for the staff.
Cons: expected too much from you for working absolute minimum wage.
On a daily basis I would clean, organize and make sure the shop was up to Godiva's 'elite' status. I would communicate with every customer I could and I would try to reach my sales goals.
A fun place to work with a relaxed environment.
Interactive Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Old Saybrook, CTSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: discount, lunch, vending machines
Cons: entering corporate ribbon orders, attempting to fix problems caused by other departments of the company
My work routine always depended on what shift I was working. If I was working the weekly day shift my work consisted of answering any calls, emails, or chats that came in to the call center and addressing any complaints or concerns that the customer had. Whenever there was a lull in calls and emails I would enter orders that had been mailed to our facility – more... or maintain our catalog mailing list as needed. During the weekend day shifts we would call customers in which there were payment processing issues for their orders in-between calls and emails. The work routine was the same on both the weekly and weekend night shifts. There was rarely extra work to do in-between calls and emails. When there was it was addressing whatever order issues the day shifts did not have time to take care of.

In addition to learning how to use different types of computer programs, I gained a lot of experience in dealing with escalated customer situations. This is the one piece of experience that I took away from this position that has been invaluable to me. The patience that was necessary when dealing with irate customers has been vital in all of my other positions, especially in the legal field. Because of my experience at Godiva I had more patience when dealing with high maintenance clients then some of the other support staff at the law firms that I worked at.

Godiva's Customer Care Center was a very relaxing place to work, customer complaints aside. Everyone that I worked with was relaxed, easy going, and we were always willing to provide whatever assistance we could to our fellow representatives, both in and out of the office. The same could also be said of the supervisors and managers. There was no real definable tension or line between the representatives and management. Any issues or specific complaints about the representatives that were forwarded to supervisors were handled efficiently and professionally.

The hardest part of being a Customer Care representative was, of course, dealing with the customers that had complaints. With some of these customers there was nothing that you could do to resolve the issue to their satisfaction. Having a complaint where there was no true resolution was a difficult thing to deal with.

Fortunately, there were times that we would get complaints that could be resolved to the customer's satisfaction. Often the resolutions went above and beyond the customer's expectations. Being able to help a person beyond their expectations was what made working at Godiva's Customer Center worthwhile. – less
Innovations quality chocolates
Project intern (Former Employee), Reading, PAAugust 31, 2013
Pros: great culture, very friendly staff.
I worked on cost savings initiatives at the case level for a number of different products. I enjoyed being able to find new a creative solutions to the problems given to me.
Godiva
Manager August (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2013
Pros: fun staff, fun product
Cons: dana the assistant manager
This place was fun to work at, I mean its chocolate! how can you not have fun? Given, there are lots of pieces to learn but that all comes quick! This place was busy but had potential to slow down from time to time giving a very laid back feel to the store. we had a fun set of co-workers we had this tall guy who was funny in his own awkward way, we – more... had this little shopaholic who couldn't stay away from a sale and the manager she was a handful in herself, I had never seen anyone more happy about chocolate and helping customers with their crazy gift ideas and packages. I mean this lady would go out to Michael and use her own money to give the customer what they wanted and I never saw her put the receipts in the money bag to get back compensation. she can be a little crazy but she loves what she does – less
Good food
Manuel J. Michael - Gen. Manager (Former Employee), Skokie, ILJuly 20, 2013
Pros: good food/ unique environment
Cons: business was slow somedays/boring at times
Had 401 K with company.
Food is good and easy to sell to those who are willing to pay for the quality. A good place to work.
Loved it
Keyholder (Former Employee), Farmington, CTJuly 15, 2013
Godiva was such a fun place to work. Unfortunately at the time, they didn't have any full-time opportunities for me.
Godiva
Overnight Crew (Former Employee), Reading, PAJune 29, 2013
This was one of my favorite places to work. I really enjoyed it here. I always try to get back in but haven't been hiring lately.
Very Clean and Professional Working Environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Reading, PAJune 12, 2013
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: short breaks
Godiva Chocolatier is one of the premier employers in the area. They offer excellent pay with matching benefits.
Mismanaged, Unorganized environment with a tendency to bully staff. No promotional opportunity.
Senior Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2013
Pros: cheap chocolate.
Cons: non-profit making company leading to unmanaged and changing priorities.
This organization is scrambling to make a profit after 5 years of EBIT losses in North America. The environment is toxic, and it uses bullish tendencies to ensure staff perform.
There is zero company culture and Executive Management lie, to cover themselves.

Books have been cooked to make it look profitable for the holding company, although the North – more... American business continue to bleed. There has been only consistent losses over the last 5 years.

Training and Promotions are almost non-existent, because the company can't afford those expenses.

An AWFUL organization to work for. – less
Fun and energetic workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 9, 2013
Pros: a fair and equal work place
Cons: it is very cold in the store at all times
A typical day at Godiva would consist of helping customers find the exact chocolate they are craving with humor to go right along with it. This is a very fun and energized job. Management is very ethical and holds to core values. The hardest part od the job is not eating all of the chocolate, while the most enjoyable part of it is makin sure your customers – more... leave satisfied. – less
supportive family like enviornment
Chocolatier Key Holding, Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 21, 2013
Flexible and supportive of your goals. The family like environment supports your ideas, and advancement. Flexible with work schedule.
Fast paced environment dedicated to growth.
Global Quality Improvement Manager (Current Employee), Reading, PAApril 14, 2013
A company with with a strong trademark, striving to to make it even more dominant in the minds of consumers.

About Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Riding into the hearts of chocolate aficionados everywhere, Godiva Chocolatier makes and sells premium chocolate concoctions, – Read more

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Photos