Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Productive and Delicious place to work!
Shift Supervisor and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 19, 2014
Pros: chocolate!!! who wouldn't love that?
Cons: valentine's day, mother's day, easter, and the holiday season can very busy - i don't think this is a con, but you do need to be on top of your game to keep up.
I believe Godiva to be one of the best places I have ever been lucky enough to have a job. The name and quality of products exude a level of decadence that I was very proud to represent. My co-workers were more like a close family and as a team, we worked hard to meet goals and get projects done. Perhaps the only "stressful" part of working with such – more... a popular brand of chocolate are the busy seasons: Christmas and Valentine's Day; though a major influx of customers happens and lines falling out the door seem hard to manage, the days go by quickly and are full of energy from everyone. Nothing can beat working with some of the best chocolate in the world - Godiva is certainly the MOST DELICIOUS job you could ever have! – less
Well, it started great...
Key Holder (Former Employee), Hoover, ALMay 15, 2014
Pros: chocolate, happy customers, challenging work
Cons: hostile work environment, little pay, very little room for advancement
A typical day of work began with getting the dipping machines turned on, the dipping fruit prepared, and make sure the shelves and chocolate case were filled. We generally worked by ourselves and ran the store alone on a shift. The first manager I worked under was wonderful and I loved her so much. She taught me Local Store Marketing, pristine customer – more... service skills that I took with me, and how to make people happy even when we did not have what they wanted. My co-workers were very snobby, though, and made working with them very difficult. The new manager that came in shortly before I quit did not like me at all because I was good at my job and she was threatened by me, and she cut my hours down to four hours a week until I quit. The hardest part of the job was dealing with my coworkers. The best part of the job was seeing just how happy I could make customers and how easy it was to engage them in conversation. – less
Excellent Supervision
Chocolatier (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2014
Pros: open learning environment, great people
Cons: low wage, low bonuses and low raises not proportional to workload
At Godiva, the team working the floor does a fantastic job working in concert.
The manager delegates with faith in his people, and the assistant manager makes every experience pleasant with corporate customers, travelers and loyalty members alike.

A long-time part-time employee shares constructive criticism and ideas to motivate the team, and a contract – more... employee shows up to cover shifts and better distribute the workload.

Supervisors do a fantastic job directing the flow of traffic and walking the customers to where they can see the product in its best light. Salespeople emphasize the craft of the details-- embossing, beading, and package design.

The artisan dipper is available whenever possible to demo the product with picture-window theater in the best light.

I've learned to emulate them when other projects cause them to be otherwise engaged. – less
not a good place to work
Manager (Current Employee), wyomissing, paMay 1, 2014
Pros: good health care
Cons: toxic work environment, lots of turnover, very poor leadership
they are losing money. the culture is toxic. do yourself a favor - and dont get mixed up with them
Great learning experience
Sales Clerk/Key Holder (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMay 1, 2014
Pros: fun and good learning experience
Cons: few hours to rest from work
A typical day in Godiva was fun and a learning experience in customer service. I learned about customer service relations and the importance of providing excellent customer service. The manager was great and was a great teacher to me and all my co-workers. Me and my co-workers all got along and created a great team work environment. The hardest part – more... of the job was to maintain everyday dales goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was having frequent customers and them wanting you to attend to them. – less
High end Chocolate company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Skokie, ILApril 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no life-work balance
Dedicated customer service
Busy atmosphere

Typical day started with dipping at least 100 strawberries
Constant upkeep on dipping thru day

Maintaining food safety guidelines
Productive and enjoyable
Customer Care Service (Former Employee), Old Saybrook, CTApril 16, 2014
This was a seasonal job at the Godiva Call Center. Typical day consisted of answering the phone, taking orders, changing dates or product. Sometimes, if the product is already packaged, cannot change anything within the order which will frustrate some customer's. But overall, its my job to make sure the customer understands why its already packaged. – more... My experience at Godiva was great because my co-workers helped me out when I didn't know something right away. Working at a call center helped me work in a fast-pace environment. At times, you will get angry customers but it taught me to be patient and calm. – less
Fun atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee), Novi, MIApril 12, 2014
Godiva is a wonderful company to work for. Employees have the ability to create a career and advance in the company.
good seasonal work; excellent team
Customer service and sales (Former Employee), Pineville, NCApril 8, 2014
I had a good experience at Godiva. I had an overall good experience here.
a company growing very fast
Manager (Current Employee), Canary Wharf, ENGMarch 30, 2014
Godiva is a company which is growing in the UK, however the company doesn't seems to invest in the right objectives at the right time,
Fun place to work, very dynamic.
Chocolatier (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 14, 2014
Great place to work, the team is excellent. Very dynamic, new experiences and surprises every day.
Loved working here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2014
Godiva was by far the best job I've had. Good people, hard working people around you at all times. Everyday was fun. Dealing with the customers and helping someone find the perfect gift or snack for themselves was always fun. Cant be to unhappy when you are surrounded by chocolate.
Fun atmosphere and great chocolate
Store Manager (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great chocolate
At Godiva I've been able to concentrate on amazing customer service and have been able to grow the business in the past few years. I have trained an amazing staff that care deeply for the store and each other.
Fun Place to work, lots of passion for the brand and Tenure.
Field Training/ Assistant Manager Manager (Current Employee), CAJanuary 18, 2014
Godiva is not just retail sales.... It's about an exceptional experience. About a passion, having an intense passion for the brand and what you do, and also passing that passion on to the guest. Coworkers are dedicated, and serious about the expectations. The hardest part of the job is resisting the chocolate. The best thing about working at Godiva – more... is putting a smile on every guests face, and providing the ultimate chocolate experience through our decadent products and exceptional service. – less
Customer service is a passion of mine
Assistant Manager/ Key Holder (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2014
Retail is a great field to grow your skills. You will develop extraordinary patience and excellent problem solving skills. Dealing with a day to day events in a retail environment is the best way to learn.
Unorganized, unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJanuary 3, 2014
MY experience was not good it took me a month to receive my first paycheck. The manager almost never contacted me personally always texted my relative my schedule or a request to send to me.
many oportunities for bonuses
Sales Associate/cashier/key holder/ (Former Employee), .N. Bethesda Md.20895November 9, 2013
Pros: won prizes good heathcare
Cons: stock work became to difficult
learned how to do coffee, dip fruit in chocolate some bookkeeping
managers taught me how to help them
took turns waiting on customers so not to hog bonuses
hardest part stock work
most enjoyed helping customers choose the right product for their needs
Working with chocolate
Store Manager (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: chocolate
Cons: store had no bathroom
Set store goals, diplays and sample chocolates. Co-workers fun and customers was great.
Very good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NHOctober 2, 2013
It is a very enjoyable job. The high end boutique helps sell the incredibly delicious chocolate confections.
Fun company!
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 2, 2013
Making customers happy! Getting the customer the right gift for all of their special occasions. Holiday at Godiva is the busiest I've seen at any retailer. Valentine's Day is crazy but FUN!

About Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Riding into the hearts of chocolate aficionados everywhere, Godiva Chocolatier makes and sells premium chocolate concoctions, – Read more

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Photos