Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great learning experience
Sales Clerk/Key Holder (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMay 1, 2014
Pros: fun and good learning experience
Cons: few hours to rest from work
A typical day in Godiva was fun and a learning experience in customer service. I learned about customer service relations and the importance of providing excellent customer service. The manager was great and was a great teacher to me and all my co-workers. Me and my co-workers all got along and created a great team work environment. The hardest part – more... of the job was to maintain everyday dales goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was having frequent customers and them wanting you to attend to them. – less
High end Chocolate company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Skokie, ILApril 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no life-work balance
Dedicated customer service
Busy atmosphere

Typical day started with dipping at least 100 strawberries
Constant upkeep on dipping thru day

Maintaining food safety guidelines
Productive and enjoyable
Customer Care Service (Former Employee), Old Saybrook, CTApril 16, 2014
This was a seasonal job at the Godiva Call Center. Typical day consisted of answering the phone, taking orders, changing dates or product. Sometimes, if the product is already packaged, cannot change anything within the order which will frustrate some customer's. But overall, its my job to make sure the customer understands why its already packaged. – more... My experience at Godiva was great because my co-workers helped me out when I didn't know something right away. Working at a call center helped me work in a fast-pace environment. At times, you will get angry customers but it taught me to be patient and calm. – less
Fun atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee), Novi, MIApril 12, 2014
Godiva is a wonderful company to work for. Employees have the ability to create a career and advance in the company.
good seasonal work; excellent team
Customer service and sales (Former Employee), Pineville, NCApril 8, 2014
I had a good experience at Godiva. I had an overall good experience here.
a company growing very fast
Manager (Current Employee), Canary Wharf, ENGMarch 30, 2014
Godiva is a company which is growing in the UK, however the company doesn't seems to invest in the right objectives at the right time,
Fun place to work, very dynamic.
Chocolatier (Current Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 14, 2014
Great place to work, the team is excellent. Very dynamic, new experiences and surprises every day.
Good for Beginners
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: honors schedule, gives first-time employed a chance, advancement, discounts, hardworking management
Cons: disorganized, low salary, poor sanitation, poor training, manipulated industry standard
For a first job this is a great place to work. Depending on the team you have, they work hard to create a positive environment. Your co-workers are like family. Be on time, always smile, and have a positive attitude.
Loved working here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2014
Godiva was by far the best job I've had. Good people, hard working people around you at all times. Everyday was fun. Dealing with the customers and helping someone find the perfect gift or snack for themselves was always fun. Cant be to unhappy when you are surrounded by chocolate.
Fun atmosphere and great chocolate
Store Manager (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great chocolate
At Godiva I've been able to concentrate on amazing customer service and have been able to grow the business in the past few years. I have trained an amazing staff that care deeply for the store and each other.
Fun Place to work, lots of passion for the brand and Tenure.
Field Training/ Assistant Manager Manager (Current Employee), CAJanuary 18, 2014
Godiva is not just retail sales.... It's about an exceptional experience. About a passion, having an intense passion for the brand and what you do, and also passing that passion on to the guest. Coworkers are dedicated, and serious about the expectations. The hardest part of the job is resisting the chocolate. The best thing about working at Godiva – more... is putting a smile on every guests face, and providing the ultimate chocolate experience through our decadent products and exceptional service. – less
Customer service is a passion of mine
Assistant Manager/ Key Holder (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2014
Retail is a great field to grow your skills. You will develop extraordinary patience and excellent problem solving skills. Dealing with a day to day events in a retail environment is the best way to learn.
Unorganized, unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJanuary 3, 2014
MY experience was not good it took me a month to receive my first paycheck. The manager almost never contacted me personally always texted my relative my schedule or a request to send to me.
many oportunities for bonuses
Sales Associate/cashier/key holder/ (Former Employee), .N. Bethesda Md.20895November 9, 2013
Pros: won prizes good heathcare
Cons: stock work became to difficult
learned how to do coffee, dip fruit in chocolate some bookkeeping
managers taught me how to help them
took turns waiting on customers so not to hog bonuses
hardest part stock work
most enjoyed helping customers choose the right product for their needs
Working with chocolate
Store Manager (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: chocolate
Cons: store had no bathroom
Set store goals, diplays and sample chocolates. Co-workers fun and customers was great.
Very good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NHOctober 2, 2013
It is a very enjoyable job. The high end boutique helps sell the incredibly delicious chocolate confections.
Fun company!
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), White Plains, NYOctober 2, 2013
Making customers happy! Getting the customer the right gift for all of their special occasions. Holiday at Godiva is the busiest I've seen at any retailer. Valentine's Day is crazy but FUN!
Maintaining Godiva 'Elite' Status.
Customer Service Associate / Chocolatier (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2013
Pros: the manager was a sweetheart and really cared for the staff.
Cons: expected too much from you for working absolute minimum wage.
On a daily basis I would clean, organize and make sure the shop was up to Godiva's 'elite' status. I would communicate with every customer I could and I would try to reach my sales goals.
A fun place to work with a relaxed environment.
Interactive Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Old Saybrook, CTSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: discount, lunch, vending machines
Cons: entering corporate ribbon orders, attempting to fix problems caused by other departments of the company
My work routine always depended on what shift I was working. If I was working the weekly day shift my work consisted of answering any calls, emails, or chats that came in to the call center and addressing any complaints or concerns that the customer had. Whenever there was a lull in calls and emails I would enter orders that had been mailed to our facility – more... or maintain our catalog mailing list as needed. During the weekend day shifts we would call customers in which there were payment processing issues for their orders in-between calls and emails. The work routine was the same on both the weekly and weekend night shifts. There was rarely extra work to do in-between calls and emails. When there was it was addressing whatever order issues the day shifts did not have time to take care of.

In addition to learning how to use different types of computer programs, I gained a lot of experience in dealing with escalated customer situations. This is the one piece of experience that I took away from this position that has been invaluable to me. The patience that was necessary when dealing with irate customers has been vital in all of my other positions, especially in the legal field. Because of my experience at Godiva I had more patience when dealing with high maintenance clients then some of the other support staff at the law firms that I worked at.

Godiva's Customer Care Center was a very relaxing place to work, customer complaints aside. Everyone that I worked with was relaxed, easy going, and we were always willing to provide whatever assistance we could to our fellow representatives, both in and out of the office. The same could also be said of the supervisors and managers. There was no real definable tension or line between the representatives and management. Any issues or specific complaints about the representatives that were forwarded to supervisors were handled efficiently and professionally.

The hardest part of being a Customer Care representative was, of course, dealing with the customers that had complaints. With some of these customers there was nothing that you could do to resolve the issue to their satisfaction. Having a complaint where there was no true resolution was a difficult thing to deal with.

Fortunately, there were times that we would get complaints that could be resolved to the customer's satisfaction. Often the resolutions went above and beyond the customer's expectations. Being able to help a person beyond their expectations was what made working at Godiva's Customer Center worthwhile. – less
Innovations quality chocolates
Project intern (Former Employee), Reading, PAAugust 31, 2013
Pros: great culture, very friendly staff.
I worked on cost savings initiatives at the case level for a number of different products. I enjoyed being able to find new a creative solutions to the problems given to me.

About Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Riding into the hearts of chocolate aficionados everywhere, Godiva Chocolatier makes and sells premium chocolate concoctions, – Read more

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Photos