Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company and products
Sales Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 25, 2014
Godiva was a great place to learn about new products and a new company. Management was good and informative. The hardest part of the job was helping customers that were looking for products that had been discontinued or not available in this region.
Fun and busy place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), calgaryAugust 1, 2013
Pros: product
Cons: hours
I love Godiva, the Brand and the experience. It is a very busy environment, therefore time goes by quickly. A typical day is to keep up with standards and deadlines. Coach and train staff to perform in a sales focused environment. Run the store and remain number 1 in the district!

I have hired the team I now have and have built rapport with them all. – more... I think the hardest part of this job is keeping up with all the expectations that are required on a daily basis. Although a challenge is good I would like most to work a fairly normal work week. The most enjoyable is the product, and the people that we get to see each day, our customers.

I realize that a very important aspect is missing and that is Work/Life balance. I would like to refocus on that which has always been important to me. – less
Great product and lots of potential
store manager (Former Employee), Mapleview MallNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great product
Cons: need for more canadian support by upper management
This company brought out the best and the worst in me. I learned from my peers and became a better manager. The product is unique and fun to sell. This company does demand a lot of its employees, so managers work an average of 50hrs a week. It is fulfilling if you are willing to get into the trenches.
It was a great place to work bc of the relaxed environment and working with chocolate is very rewarding
Customer service, creating fresh made products (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 8, 2014
Pros: $0% discount and the manager
Cons: slow foot traffic
Working at Godiva chocolate was a very rewarding experience. I was able to work with fresh dipped strawberries and hand dipped treats. The truffles that came was interesting to know the technicals behind the chocolate. I gained more customer service experience and meeting people that love chocolate or they know someone that does. The customers reaction – more... to the products was always rewarding to see. I had the best manager ever, he was a pleasure to work for and is always fun and outgoing. He kept up the persona in the store and was easy to talk to. The hardest part was how slow foot traffic in the off season. Holidays are usually the busiest time. Most enjoyable part was working for my boss and the energy of the store and the costumers that came in. – less
Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: easy access job, fun atmosphere
Cons: bad management, scheduling
This was located in a very busy mall right off of the transit line, so it would get very busy during certain times of the day. Many of the customers were great and some of the staff I worked with were fun as well.
Even though I constantly got compliments during only a seasonal job from coworkers and customers alike, I didn't get to keep the job after – more... seasonal was over even though I really wanted to stay.
Schedules were random and not long enough to make enough so I had to take on a second job during the seasonal time (Teavana) and it was able to sustain me somehow.
Management was fine except that the schedules would never be out on time for when we needed them for other jobs (I was not the only one with a second job). – less
Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), chicago.ilOctober 10, 2014
Pros: easy commute
Cons: hours vary
overall it is a welcoming company, nevertheless hours are not promise yet that s retail.
upscale environmenr
Store Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2014
Great company, wonderful atmosphere, renown name, loved the company plan and goals,
Great coworkers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJAugust 15, 2014
Each of my coworkers worked as a team to achieve our daily goals and make the customer's experience memorable.
Loved this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: being on my feet all day.
Loved this job and the people I worked with. It was my first job that which all others have been judged against. I even returned to the job temporarily twice.
Fun Work Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 4, 2014
fun busy work place, staff and management were always fun to work with
Great Place to Increase Your Upselling Abilities
Sales Chocolatier (Current Employee), Towson, MDAugust 4, 2014
Godiva is a great place to learn how to build consumer relationships to increase the moral as well as level of comfort for your clientele.
Unfortunate Corporate Culture
Store Manger (Former Employee), St Louis areaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: generous discount, easy to follow dress code, great boss
Cons: inconsistant demands of scheduling, no work/life balance, inconsistant corporate desires
The joke that went around the company was, "It's not that the company's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, it's that the left hand doesn't know that there is a right hand, a left foot, or a right foot in the first place."

The DM I reported to was wonderful and supportive; my peer group was as well. The issue that we had was that the – more... company set unrealistic goals for a changing market and did not follow those changes in the market. They wanted us to take ownership of our business, but then would not give us the tools to do so.

Unfortunate, because it is a great product and the peer group was excellent. – less
Godiva
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great people to work for/with
High energy, and fast pace atmosphere with the greatest management and staff. Was a part of a flagship store which I still am proud of to this day. Hands down the most enjoyable part of the job for me was training new employees during the holiday push, as well as working in the storeroom. One of the most difficult parts of this job is the same as any – more... other retail, the last minute customer on a weekend night coming in roughly thirty seconds before the store closes and takes 20 minutes to decide to buy one thing (usually one of the cheapest items in the store). Overall a great place to work. – less
Typical Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: get to try chocolate, employee discounts
Cons: poor management, poorly staffed.
I had a very bad experience there. I am glad I got out of it. Poor management at the time. Other employees called in a lot or did a no call no show. It's difficult when you work two jobs and have to stay to fill in others hours. Most customers don't expect chocolate to be expensive unless they are regulars.
A very sweet place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: chocolate samples
I really enjoyed working here the atmosphere was so soothing. From sampling chocolates to dancing with the customers at the door it was all very pleasant. The best Seasonal Position I have ever held.
Provide good packaging candy to the supervisors requirement.
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Reading, PAJuly 15, 2014
Sorting out candy and making sure its correct before shipping it out. Fast pace environment in getting as much as you can shipped out for the day.
Laid back, fun work environment
Lead Key-Holder (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free chocolate
Cons: pay, inconsistent hours, and heathcare
As a key holder I would always work either an opening or closing shift because I was responsible for counting the money. Most of this job was low pressure sales and emailing our sales report to our district manger. I would occasionally have inventory management and training duties.
Fun highly professional
Sales associate (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at work was full of customer satisfaction. I learned Godiva's reputation is a privilege to uphold. While I was present at godiva the management wasnt so warm hearted as it might be today but professional nonetheless. My co-workers were awesome to say the least. The hardest part of my job there was leaving the job altogether. The most enjoyable – more... part was making customers happy and fulfilling the needs of everyone who came in the store. – less
A Productive and Delicious place to work!
Shift Supervisor and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 19, 2014
Pros: chocolate!!! who wouldn't love that?
Cons: valentine's day, mother's day, easter, and the holiday season can very busy - i don't think this is a con, but you do need to be on top of your game to keep up.
I believe Godiva to be one of the best places I have ever been lucky enough to have a job. The name and quality of products exude a level of decadence that I was very proud to represent. My co-workers were more like a close family and as a team, we worked hard to meet goals and get projects done. Perhaps the only "stressful" part of working with such – more... a popular brand of chocolate are the busy seasons: Christmas and Valentine's Day; though a major influx of customers happens and lines falling out the door seem hard to manage, the days go by quickly and are full of energy from everyone. Nothing can beat working with some of the best chocolate in the world - Godiva is certainly the MOST DELICIOUS job you could ever have! – less
Well, it started great...
Key Holder (Former Employee), Hoover, ALMay 15, 2014
Pros: chocolate, happy customers, challenging work
Cons: hostile work environment, little pay, very little room for advancement
A typical day of work began with getting the dipping machines turned on, the dipping fruit prepared, and make sure the shelves and chocolate case were filled. We generally worked by ourselves and ran the store alone on a shift. The first manager I worked under was wonderful and I loved her so much. She taught me Local Store Marketing, pristine customer – more... service skills that I took with me, and how to make people happy even when we did not have what they wanted. My co-workers were very snobby, though, and made working with them very difficult. The new manager that came in shortly before I quit did not like me at all because I was good at my job and she was threatened by me, and she cut my hours down to four hours a week until I quit. The hardest part of the job was dealing with my coworkers. The best part of the job was seeing just how happy I could make customers and how easy it was to engage them in conversation. – less

1 2 3 4

About Godiva Chocolatier, Inc

Riding into the hearts of chocolate aficionados everywhere, Godiva Chocolatier makes and sells premium chocolate concoctions, – Read more

Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Photos