Godiva Chocolatier, Inc Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun & Challenging
Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 17, 2015
Godiva was a very fun and challenging job. Hardest but most rewarding part of the job was to find and close corporate sales.
Exceptional place to work with an exceptional product
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaMarch 23, 2015
High volume and over demanding targets, annual increases with overhead decreases. Bonuses for sales achievements are amazing and abundant.
Pros
exceptional perks
Cons
demanding sales goals
Productive and very fun.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary AbJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day would begin at 9 when I would count the tills and prepare the store for opening at 9:30. Normally it would be quiet in the morning so I would dip strawberries and bananas and display them nicely in the front window. I loved working there. On breaks I got to check out sales in other stores around the mall. I quit in the summer of 2013 solely because I moved to Italy for my LDS mission.
Productive and fun work place with lots of challenge
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJune 8, 2014
I Really enjoy working in the data Entry, office work as a receptionist or others, that's what I am looking for and will keep looking till I find the field I am interested in, My current work is challenge and fun and I have very good customer service and sales skills also have excellent relations with my manager and co-workers but still not what the kind of job I am looking for
Pros
it's fun and challenge
Cons
not the field i am looking for
Terrible place to work
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
No training, poor upper management, just bad.... My entire experience with this company was horrible.
Pleasant atmosphere, great teams, good chocolate
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 7, 2014
Full days, even during non-peak hours. I was fortunate enough to work with some great teams within the district. It was a great perk to enjoy free chocolate.
Great company and products
Sales Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 25, 2014
Godiva was a great place to learn about new products and a new company. Management was good and informative. The hardest part of the job was helping customers that were looking for products that had been discontinued or not available in this region.
Fun and busy place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  calgaryAugust 1, 2013
I love Godiva, the Brand and the experience. It is a very busy environment, therefore time goes by quickly. A typical day is to keep up with standards and deadlines. Coach and train staff to perform in a sales focused environment. Run the store and remain number 1 in the district!

I have hired the team I now have and have built rapport with them all. I think the hardest part of this job is keeping up with all the expectations that are required on a daily basis. Although a challenge is good I would like most to work a fairly normal work week. The most enjoyable is the product, and the people that we get to see each day, our customers.

I realize that a very important aspect is missing and that is Work/Life balance. I would like to refocus on that which has always been important to me.
Pros
product
Cons
hours