Godfathers Pizza Employee Reviews

Learned a lot!
Shift supervisor and key holder (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ON30 March 2017
Great job experience!! Great shifts. Always busy, well managed. Great employee discounts!! Love the people I work with, became life long friends. Best pizza around :)
Good to work at for your first job.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waterford, ON2 March 2017
It's not a bad place to work, though there are rough spots. I think there should be two closers and two openers, but other than that it's a fine place to work. It has its moments but what job doesn't.
Pros
Friendly people, good job experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Bad experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ON23 January 2017
I had a bad experience working for this company - was given little direction as a manager and the person who was my supervisor was either an alcoholic or abused prescription drugs. Was fired for absolutely no reason.
Making Pizza
Cook/Prep Cook/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kincardine, ON17 January 2017
it is pretty simple when you get the hang of the order of the organization work at a fast pace to keep customers happy and your coworkers satisified the hardest part at the time as i was so young was the overwhelming amount of customers
Pros
Getting to cook
Cons
un happy customers
customers is what made the job bearable
Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ON26 September 2016
St.marys store was horrible the training was bad.They need to change the management team or maybe re train the on how to a run a store. The money was bad, communication was lacking. Head office always laid blame on you.
Pros
customers
Cons
head office
Productive, fun, friendly.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, ON7 December 2015
I enjoyed working with the surrounding people and our lovely customers whom always put a smile on your face.

It had slow times but was always steady.
loved the staff they were great
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 September 2015
the boss dose not pay what he to pay so you have to watch your pay checks and you wont get time and a half or holiday pay . I did in joy the work ,loved the staff every one was real nice .
Pros
easy work
Cons
boss is not good with the scheduling, dose not pay holiday day, you only get your rate and nothing else
Meh
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Port Rowan, ON1 September 2015
Not very faced paced, the management was always late or never showed up, frequently had to work by myself. Duties included: prepping foods, making foods, closing by myself, cleaning.
fast paced enviroment
Cook, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Burford, ON30 September 2014
A typical day at work would include getting straight to work. You walk in, take off your coat and straight to work. Work included prepping toppings for the cook, prepping dough for the dinner hours, cooking, cleaning, answering phones, tending to customers, retrieving pizza's from the back of the oven before they burned etc. As this restaurant offered more than just pizza, many customers ordered more than just pizza. The cook had to balance her time for cooking each item and making sure the food was all ready at relatively the same time. The hardest part of this job is being new. Learning everything that needs to happen in this place while being under constant pressure is not easy. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you are on a roll and everything is running smoothly and as planned. When this happens, working here is very enjoyable.
Pros
fast paced environment teaches you to work efficiently under pressure
Cons
can be stressful at times
productive, fun place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, ON6 April 2014
At Godfathers a typical shift included: cleaning the lobby, counters and washrooms, washing dishes, prepping pizza and other foods following health procedures and guidelines, taking orders and relaying them to the cook or making them myself, answering phones etc. I learned to be quick on my feet and how to greet all customers with a smile. I also learned how to be more sociable and too work independently for long periods of time. Management are very friendly and very helpful. If you are new they help you till you have a hang of how things work even thought they expect you to catch on quickly. I had gotten along very well with my co-workers they were hard workers and know how to get things done. I believe that the hardest part of the job was dealing with very grumpy customers. The most memorable part of the job was working with my co-workers, I call many of them my friends now and talk on a regular basis.
Pros
there is an employee discount
Cons
long hours on your feet
Making pizza
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Embrun ON31 March 2014
Loved working with my hands and making dough and pizza. The team was great and it was an overall good job
bad management, dirty store
worker (Current Employee) –  st Mary's19 November 2013
No direction given, interviewed for management at 13 $ hired for minimum not managenent but wasn't told this. 45 min commute not worth the pay. Questions always answered with 'that's how corporate wants it' bad food safety and very dirty. Will be leaving once claim is in the works.

On the plus side customers were nice and making pizza is kind of fun.
it was a fun place to work like the people i worked with and the customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dresden ont17 November 2013
ran the counter and made pizza prepared food for customers, I learned how to deal better with customers,
part time job to pay bills
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Waterford, ON30 August 2013
Making dough serving customers,
learn how to deal with people
job is pretty much easy
best thing is I work alone for most of the day then work with other staff
fun place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minden, ON8 March 2013
Overall Godfathers Pizza was such a wonderful place to work, it enable me to utliize my customer service skills, time managment, and teamwork
Pros
positive work enviroment
Productive, Fun, good hours.
Prep cook, Front Cash (Former Employee) –  Cayuga, ON6 March 2013
I would prepare dough for the pizzas, Clean up any messes and at the ends of my shifts before closing. Cooked and cut pizzas and boxed them for customers.
I learned how to make dough, and use the machine to do this.
Management wasn't that great, but that's also because they were new and didn't know everything about being a manager yet.
My co-workers were very easy to get along with, and fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was working alone at night with larger orders.
The easiest part and most enjoyable, was working in the morning making dough.
Pros
breaks when it was slow, food was half off.
Cons
overload of hours near the end
godfathers
pizza maker / cashier (Former Employee) –  Walkerton Ontario25 February 2013
fun, good enviroment. Learned new skills and was interesting.
Pros
busy, good expierence
This was a good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenelon Falls23 April 2012
Godfathers Pizza was a good place to work, the only down fall was once you got to where I was there was no future, I had no more oppertunity for advancement.
Pros
benifits