Godfathers Pizza Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, fun, friendly.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, ONDecember 7, 2015
I enjoyed working with the surrounding people and our lovely customers whom always put a smile on your face.

It had slow times but was always steady.
Meh
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Port Rowan, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Not very faced paced, the management was always late or never showed up, frequently had to work by myself. Duties included: prepping foods, making foods, closing by myself, cleaning.
This was a good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenelon FallsApril 23, 2012
Godfathers Pizza was a good place to work, the only down fall was once you got to where I was there was no future, I had no more oppertunity for advancement.
Pros
benifits
Cons
productive, fun place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, ONApril 6, 2014
At Godfathers a typical shift included: cleaning the lobby, counters and washrooms, washing dishes, prepping pizza and other foods following health procedures and guidelines, taking orders and relaying them to the cook or making them myself, answering phones etc. I learned to be quick on my feet and how to greet all customers with a smile. I also learned how to be more sociable and too work independently for long periods of time. Management are very friendly and very helpful. If you are new they help you till you have a hang of how things work even thought they expect you to catch on quickly. I had gotten along very well with my co-workers they were hard workers and know how to get things done. I believe that the hardest part of the job was dealing with very grumpy customers. The most memorable part of the job was working with my co-workers, I call many of them my friends now and talk on a regular basis.
Pros
there is an employee discount
Cons
long hours on your feet
Productive, Fun, good hours.
Prep cook, Front Cash (Former Employee) –  Cayuga, ONMarch 6, 2013
I would prepare dough for the pizzas, Clean up any messes and at the ends of my shifts before closing. Cooked and cut pizzas and boxed them for customers.
I learned how to make dough, and use the machine to do this.
Management wasn't that great, but that's also because they were new and didn't know everything about being a manager yet.
My co-workers were very easy to get along with, and fun to work with.
The hardest part of the job was working alone at night with larger orders.
The easiest part and most enjoyable, was working in the morning making dough.
Pros
breaks when it was slow, food was half off.
Cons
overload of hours near the end
fast paced enviroment
Cook, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Burford, ONSeptember 30, 2014
A typical day at work would include getting straight to work. You walk in, take off your coat and straight to work. Work included prepping toppings for the cook, prepping dough for the dinner hours, cooking, cleaning, answering phones, tending to customers, retrieving pizza's from the back of the oven before they burned etc. As this restaurant offered more than just pizza, many customers ordered more than just pizza. The cook had to balance her time for cooking each item and making sure the food was all ready at relatively the same time. The hardest part of this job is being new. Learning everything that needs to happen in this place while being under constant pressure is not easy. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you are on a roll and everything is running smoothly and as planned. When this happens, working here is very enjoyable.
Pros
fast paced environment teaches you to work efficiently under pressure
Cons
can be stressful at times
bad management, dirty store
worker (Current Employee) –  st Mary'sNovember 19, 2013
No direction given, interviewed for management at 13 $ hired for minimum not managenent but wasn't told this. 45 min commute not worth the pay. Questions always answered with 'that's how corporate wants it' bad food safety and very dirty. Will be leaving once claim is in the works.

On the plus side customers were nice and making pizza is kind of fun.
part time job to pay bills
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Waterford, ONAugust 30, 2013
Making dough serving customers,
learn how to deal with people
job is pretty much easy
best thing is I work alone for most of the day then work with other staff
fun place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minden, ONMarch 8, 2013
Overall Godfathers Pizza was such a wonderful place to work, it enable me to utliize my customer service skills, time managment, and teamwork
Pros
positive work enviroment
it was a fun place to work like the people i worked with and the customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dresden ontNovember 17, 2013
ran the counter and made pizza prepared food for customers, I learned how to deal better with customers,
Making pizza
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Embrun ONMarch 31, 2014
Loved working with my hands and making dough and pizza. The team was great and it was an overall good job
godfathers
pizza maker / cashier (Former Employee) –  Walkerton OntarioFebruary 25, 2013
fun, good enviroment. Learned new skills and was interesting.
Pros
busy, good expierence