Our client, a well- established RV Rental and Sales company is looking to round out its management team with a
If you take pride in providing exceptionally clean and well maintained vehicles to customers so their experience of RVing Western Canada is second to none, then this is the opportunity for you.
This is a hands on full time position and reports to the Housekeeping Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operations of the Housekeeping Department and will ensure that we offer well maintained and spotless RVs to rental and sales customers.
DIRECT REPORTS: A team of 12-15 Cleaners and 1 Housekeeping Lead-hand
GENERAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Manage the day to day operations of the Housekeeping Department to company quality standards.
Hire, train and manage staff to provide exceptionally clean RVs to Rental and Sales customers.
Monitor maintenance and cleanliness standards to increase customer satisfaction.
- During the winter season review previous year’s results and make adjustments to procedures and training material for seasonal staff to ensure smoother operations during the high season.
- Contribute to the development of annual revenue and profit targets.
- Inventory all equipment, assess vendors and purchase for the high season.
- Review customer surveys, develop and implement procedures to improve for the following year.
- Schedule year-end spring and fall winterizing and de-winterizing all fleet RVs;
- Coordinate with the Service Manager to ensure all damages are repaired to standards.
- Develop training material for seasonal staff.
- Hire and train seasonal staff.
- Manage the day to day operations of the department ensuring all RVs are ready for Rental customers on time and to company standards.
- Schedule Cleaning staff to meet RV pick-up and drop-off goals.
- Perform quality checks to ensure standards are maintained.
- Monitor customer feedback questionnaires for areas of improvement, amend procedures and train staff to increase customer satisfaction.
- Motivate the team to exceed performance expectations through non-monetary and monetary rewards.
- Provide scheduled guidance, coaching and training to team members to improve their ability to meet customer service goals.
- Pitch in wherever necessary to ensure schedules are met.
HOURS OF WORK:
In high season, from March until October you can expect to work up to 50 hours per week including Saturdays; daily 8am -5 or 6pm. During our slower season from November through March your hours will be 9am to 5pm with ½ hour unpaid lunch Monday to Friday.
If you have experience in a similar role in an RV company, car or truck rental/leasing company then we would love to hear from you. Additional requirements include:
- Excellent people management abilities with a minimum of 5 years’ experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of Housekeeping experience in either an RV company, Truck rental/leasing company or hotel chain.
- Experience with stain removal on fabric, leather, vinyl, wood, and laminate surfaces.
- Stain removal chemical knowledge would be a definite asset.
- Inventory purchasing experience with specific experience conducting vendor reviews and RFPs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to build relationships and resolve conflicts in a win/win manner;
- Ability to balance the needs of the customer with the profitability needs of the company;
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation;
- A proven can-do attitude;
- A good sense of humour and the ability to lighten the mood in any situation.
- Vehicle maintenance knowledge would be an asset.
If you feel you would be a good fit, we would like to hear from you. Please send your resume by April 12, 2013.
We are a well- established RV Rental and Sales company that provides an exceptional outdoor experience of Western Canada to clients from...