Job Description Details
We are a small trucking company located in Fort Mcmurray planning to set up own mechanic shop.
We are stationed on a truck and trailer park of over 500 trucks with a future plan to erect a temporary canopy for a Mechanic shop; so at the moment work is mostly outside.
We are expanding from current fleet of 10 trucks and trailers to accepting external work orders from other clients.
As a Truck mechanic, your core job will be diagnosing mechanical and electrical problems in our fleet of truck and trailers and effecting immediate repair.
- Communicate all estimated labour times to supervisor in a timely fashion
- Ensure all aspects of the job are handled to the customer's satisfaction
- Look for additional repair opportunities on retail jobs and communicate to supervisor
- Ensure job details are discussed with customers to the customer's level of satisfaction
- Show flexibility to the customer in repair requests
- Fill out work order forms for each job and secure customer signatures on all work order
- Work safe and work smart
- On Warranty jobs, ensure parts are returned
- Ensure all parts are present before beginning major work
- Represent the company professionally.
- Heavy-Duty Journeyperson certificate
- Ability to do CVIP on a truck and trailer
- Sound Entrepreneurial skills
- Ability to work independently
- Based in or willing to relocate in Fort Mcmurray, Alberta
- Have own tool box
- Have your own WCB and company registered, do your own taxes.
- Train truck mechanic apprentice which may be working with you
- General ability to perform any truck trailer repairs .
- Working most times outside pending when a tent will be erected
- Strong computer and trouble shooting skills
- Maintain and repair a fleet of initially 10 gravel truck and trailers.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- A good reference for your skill abilities
Medium Hourly Wage: $35-42/Hr (40 hrs weekly)
Plus Housing allowance $1000 /month.
Reply and send resume through this ad . Thanks