Go Bee Experiential Marketing is a full service field marketing, event management and promotions company serving Canada and the United States. Go Bee is seeking experienced, energetic & enthusiastic Sommelier to join our dynamic team in the GTA, Ottawa and other cities across Ontario. We are looking for an experienced manager to fill an upcoming CONTRACT position from October 2013- April 2015.
Things you can be expected to do:
- Execute a mobile taste testing and sampling program at events within Ontario
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Describe and advise on wine sample to all levels of wine connoisseurs
- Present, open, pour and serve wine in designated wine glassware
- Maintain inventory of wines and wine glassware
- Ensure the proper storage of wines and monitor and adjust for idea climatic conditions for wine tasting
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Disseminate wine knowledge to tour staff
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulation
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred (CAPS Certification)
- Previous Food and Beverage experience an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Bilingual (French / English) an asset
- Full shift flexibility and ability to travel across Ontario
- Able to work 12 hour shifts plus weekends. 40-44 hours per week at times
- Able to pick up a heavy weight of 50-100lbs
- Smart Serve Certified
Don’t miss this exciting career opportunity if:
- You are available to work on contract from October 2013 – April 2015 on an event by event basis
- You have your own reliable vehicle
- You strive to provide exceptional service and take pride in the quality of your work.
- You have excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- You possess the ability to lead by example
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, high stress and dynamic environment
- You have impeccable attention to detail, with highly-developed organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- You are a team player who thrives in a creative environment
- You have problem-solving, crisis management and supervisory skills
This is the opportunity you have been waiting for! Become part of the Go Bee team NOW!! Please send your resume and headshot. Please reference ‘WCO SOMMELIER’ in the subject heading.
Go Bee celebrates the diversity of all individuals and welcomes applications from all qualified parties.
Due to high volume we are unable to accept employment related enquiries by phone. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No agencies please.
Go Bee Inc. is a growing full service event management, shopper marketing and digital events marketing company serving Canada and the United...