Go Auto Employee Reviews

Aggresive and unpleasant work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 February 2018
be very careful about which branch you work for. They will hire you as full time and then lay you off before the three months so they don't have to pay benefits. And they actually have you train your own replacement (without knowing it). Management does not care at all about the employees (unless you are their favorite pet). Aggressive and unpleasant work environment. Not the most ethical company out there.
Pros
i had some weekends off
Cons
Unethical, they lie to you and mangement really does not care about anyone but themselves.
Customer Bad Review
worst job (Former Employee) –  edmonton16 February 2018
I was at the go kia on gateway 2 times now getting my vehicle looked at and serviced when I watched the manager go in on his staff. He is the same way towards customers with concerns he is rude and needs to be fired and I don't even know how this man has a job I know this was a manager because I asked the service advisor why this guy comes to work if all he does is act like that to his staff and customers. worst management is at that place I probably wont be returning.
Cons
management sucks
20 February 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. We are disappointed to hear you did not receive top-notch customer service from us and would like the opportunity to try and make this right with you. Please reach out to us at 780-777-7777 when you have a chance so we can discuss your concerns in hopes of resolving this matter to your satisfaction.

worst place i have ever worked
Apprentice Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2018
if service mangers screaming at employess and threating to fire someone in front of the hole shop is go autos idea of getting the best of people then good job. If going to work full of anixety and afraid to make a mistake because you no the service manger is going to be right there to lose it on you then good job go auto. worst place i have ever at.
Pros
Cons
mangement sucks
12 February 2018

This is definitely not a good representation of how we expect our managers to treat our employees. I would be very interested in speaking with you in a more private setting to discuss this further. My name is Brent Lazanik and I look after HR for the group. I can be reached at 780-733-8815.

Fantastic Team Environment with advancement potential!!!
Team Lead Finance (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2018
Going on 17 years with "Go Auto" . I can't think of another place I would want to work. I have been able to over the years advance to the position I am at now. I started out at the dealership in the accounting department. Go Auto notices when employees put in effort and go above and beyond and are not just there for a pay cheque but there for a career. I LOVE the open door policy and that management values my opinions . Knowledge is not withheld and if there is something I would like to learn about ,my manager is more than willing to share their knowledge. Regular training sessions are hosted so that agents can learn new skills or brush up on ones that are a little bit rusty . Our department works as a team and towards a common goal and it makes for a very happy work environment . Go Auto was able to accommodate my unique work schedule situation as I able to prove to them over the years I am an employee that will go above and beyond and with helping me , it also benefits them. I recommend to people looking to get on with a great company to apply with Go Auto.
Pros
Great work environment, great pay, room for advancement
Cons
parking at work .. need more spaces ..
Enjoyed my time there!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2017
It was a great company to work at with a unique corporate culture. Lots of opportunity for advancement within the company along many different paths. Would recommend.
Great Experience - Great Colleagues
Finance (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 December 2017
Managers that are excited to see your success and keep you motivated.
I heard, “I’m excited are you excited almost every day from the GM. Management wasn’t afraid to make changes or to listen to suggestions if they had merit.

Great people everywhere, good team culture from detail dept to management. Working at Go RV was a good experience. I’d recommend Go to anyone looking for a great employment experience.
Pros
Well structured finance office, strong sales managers, great team
Cons
I’d have liked to be able to get to Go U more often. Winter work for RV platform employees.
I very much enjoy working with Go Auto
Internet Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2017
I have worked with Go Auto for 2 years.
I started off making just over minimum wage based on selling only a few cars. Today I currently one of the top preforming sales people in the company and compensated accordingly.
If you want to succeed in Go Auto you need to be willing to give more than the average. This is business is for people who want more from life, and are motivated to make it happen.
Pros
Huge Earning Potential
Cons
Longer hours, but seeing the pay checks makes it ok
4 Year Employee - LOVING IT!
Sales Professional, Sales & Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton24 November 2017
I've been with Go Auto since 2014. I started off in sales, then into management since 2016. Great company to work for, internal development training classes available(great for people new the business), great career growth opportunities internally, lunch program, monthly & yearly performance awards... the list goes on. Overall a great company to work for and I don't see myself moving to any other company any time soon.
Pros
Great Advancement Opportunity
Cons
No Vision with benefits
Favoritism at its finest
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 November 2017
While working at GO RV you'll be told everything you want to hear and how valued you are to them... that is until you prove the management wrong or dig your heals in because they are having you do something questionable, then you are shown the door. Don't you dare have your own ideas or thoughts in this place. They are constantly looking for the "YES MAN", the employee who will just bow down to them and jump as high as they ask you to. if you want to change your personal life to just working at all hours, on call at all times this might be the place for you. If over cooked burgers once a week during busy season is enough benefit for you then go for it.
Pros
huge range of tasks
Cons
long hours, huge exceptions, better then thou attitude from management
28 November 2017

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience at Go RV. If you are open to chatting further, please reach out to us at 780-483-4024.

Very productive and Fun place to be
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 November 2017
Morning will start great. Lovely and Friendly people are always welcoming you to the office. Goes from our receptionist to our Sales managers. Every body seems to be looking for one thing in the morning... Coffee that might be! Or simply a sticky lint roller to remove dog hair...

My most enjoyable part of the Job was Free Lunches. Company would allow me to expense it at the end of every month 100%.
Pros
Great Employee Benefits
Cons
Things happen too fast
Poor management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
Managers willing to throw their staff under the bus. Put you on salary and make you work extra days and long hours for no extra pay but deduct days if you need time off. It's all about the dollar and as staff you're just another number.
6 November 2017

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience as a Service Advisor. If you are open to chatting further, please reach out to us at 780-483-4024.

No pay raise system poor management
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2017
Not a good company to work at. They don’t have a pay raise system so whatever they say to pay you will be that for your position hired. If not get promoted your only sitting on the same salary. Management is not good at all! They would make it look like your well recognized by having staff lunches but your not really rewarded individually as an employee there. If they find something they don’t like about you yes easy lay off is what your expecting and without good reasons.
Pros
Staff lunch
Cons
Poor management
6 November 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear you did not have a great experience. Raises are issued based on many different factors including merit, added responsibility or promotion to name a few. We are always looking at new ways to recognize our employees hard work and would love to hear your suggestions. Please contact us at 780-483-4024.

Fun workplace environment
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
Great company to work for. Takes care of their employees. Lots of employee perks. Always feels like you're part of a family. Lots of opportunities to grow within
Good for starting in sales
SALES, FINANCE AND INSURANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2017
If you are looking to break into the sales industry. this is a great company to learn from. lots of mentors, they compensate well for a commission company. but be ready for long working hours.
Good lunch on Sat
patsy (Current Employee) –  southtown hyundai18 July 2017
Sorry, This place takes advantage of the flat rate system by making the technicians do a lot of extra work for free. The service manager is closed minded and prefers to dominate instead of listening to his staff. Bully is a strong term but accurate.
The rest of the staff are great! Good people with a bad boss that the HR don't want to deal with.
Pros
the people you work with
24 July 2017

We are sorry you did not have the experience you we hoped you would have. If you would like to discuss further, please contact HR at 780-483-4024 or your stores GM directly.

The best company I've ever worked for!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2017
The term TEAM goes a long way.
There's no such thing as a "typical day" at Go Auto. You're always on your toes, a new day is exciting and your never more than an ear shot from entertainment. I had the best days of my career working for Go Auto.
Pros
Countless pros!
Cons
I was very broken hearted when I left the group. It was a sad day.
product advisor
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
excellent sales process
everyone has the same training
flexible environment
wide selection of pre-owned vehicles
lots of mentoring from managers
Pros
meeting lots of great people, the customer service
Cons
salary based on customers credit
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
Decisions made are what management feels will benefit both the customer and employee. There are a lot of attempts to streamline things. Yes they don't always work out but constantly trying new things brings up opportunities to grow.
Fun progessive workplace that is ever evolving
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
Deal with customers and resolve any issues they may have positive or negative, or help them with their vehicle purchasing process. Anything from sales to service or parts inquires. Great fun exciting environment and wonderful staff.
Pros
Great lunch programs and cool spiffs
Cons
hard work but rewarded for it
I will work here for liffe!
Director (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
I have worked at Go Auto for 5 years. I am a young female with quite a few tattoos. I say that because despite the auto industry being a male dominated industry I have always been treated with respect and dignity. I have been judged based on my work performance rather than any other factor and have been able to advance significantly in my time here. I would highly recommend working at Go Auto. We are are family, not a just a place to work.
Pros
Lunch program, free Gym Membership, great benefits, awesome vacation time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Go Auto. Our community is ready to answer.