Go Auto Employee Reviews

Great Experience - Great Colleagues
Finance (Former Employee) –  Alberta6 December 2017
Managers that are excited to see your success and keep you motivated.
I heard, “I’m excited are you excited almost every day from the GM. Management wasn’t afraid to make changes or to listen to suggestions if they had merit.

Great people everywhere, good team culture from detail dept to management. Working at Go RV was a good experience. I’d recommend Go to anyone looking for a great employment experience.
Pros
Well structured finance office, strong sales managers, great team
Cons
I’d have liked to be able to get to Go U more often. Winter work for RV platform employees.
4 Year Employee - LOVING IT!
Sales Professional, Sales & Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton24 November 2017
I've been with Go Auto since 2014. I started off in sales, then into management since 2016. Great company to work for, internal development training classes available(great for people new the business), great career growth opportunities internally, lunch program, monthly & yearly performance awards... the list goes on. Overall a great company to work for and I don't see myself moving to any other company any time soon.
Pros
Great Advancement Opportunity
Cons
No Vision with benefits
Favoritism at its finest
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 November 2017
While working at GO RV you'll be told everything you want to hear and how valued you are to them... that is until you prove the management wrong or dig your heals in because they are having you do something questionable, then you are shown the door. Don't you dare have your own ideas or thoughts in this place. They are constantly looking for the "YES MAN", the employee who will just bow down to them and jump as high as they ask you to. if you want to change your personal life to just working at all hours, on call at all times this might be the place for you. If over cooked burgers once a week during busy season is enough benefit for you then go for it.
Pros
huge range of tasks
Cons
long hours, huge exceptions, better then thou attitude from management
28 November 2017

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience at Go RV. If you are open to chatting further, please reach out to us at 780-483-4024.

Very productive and Fun place to be
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 November 2017
Morning will start great. Lovely and Friendly people are always welcoming you to the office. Goes from our receptionist to our Sales managers. Every body seems to be looking for one thing in the morning... Coffee that might be! Or simply a sticky lint roller to remove dog hair...

My most enjoyable part of the Job was Free Lunches. Company would allow me to expense it at the end of every month 100%.
Pros
Great Employee Benefits
Cons
Things happen too fast
Poor management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
Managers willing to throw their staff under the bus. Put you on salary and make you work extra days and long hours for no extra pay but deduct days if you need time off. It's all about the dollar and as staff you're just another number.
6 November 2017

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience as a Service Advisor. If you are open to chatting further, please reach out to us at 780-483-4024.

No pay raise system poor management
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2017
Not a good company to work at. They don’t have a pay raise system so whatever they say to pay you will be that for your position hired. If not get promoted your only sitting on the same salary. Management is not good at all! They would make it look like your well recognized by having staff lunches but your not really rewarded individually as an employee there. If they find something they don’t like about you yes easy lay off is what your expecting and without good reasons.
Pros
Staff lunch
Cons
Poor management
6 November 2017

Thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to hear you did not have a great experience. Raises are issued based on many different factors including merit, added responsibility or promotion to name a few. We are always looking at new ways to recognize our employees hard work and would love to hear your suggestions. Please contact us at 780-483-4024.

Fun workplace environment
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
Great company to work for. Takes care of their employees. Lots of employee perks. Always feels like you're part of a family. Lots of opportunities to grow within
Good for starting in sales
SALES, FINANCE AND INSURANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2017
If you are looking to break into the sales industry. this is a great company to learn from. lots of mentors, they compensate well for a commission company. but be ready for long working hours.
Good lunch on Sat
patsy (Current Employee) –  southtown hyundai18 July 2017
Sorry, This place takes advantage of the flat rate system by making the technicians do a lot of extra work for free. The service manager is closed minded and prefers to dominate instead of listening to his staff. Bully is a strong term but accurate.
The rest of the staff are great! Good people with a bad boss that the HR don't want to deal with.
Pros
the people you work with
24 July 2017

We are sorry you did not have the experience you we hoped you would have. If you would like to discuss further, please contact HR at 780-483-4024 or your stores GM directly.

The best company I've ever worked for!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2017
The term TEAM goes a long way.
There's no such thing as a "typical day" at Go Auto. You're always on your toes, a new day is exciting and your never more than an ear shot from entertainment. I had the best days of my career working for Go Auto.
Pros
Countless pros!
Cons
I was very broken hearted when I left the group. It was a sad day.
product advisor
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
excellent sales process
everyone has the same training
flexible environment
wide selection of pre-owned vehicles
lots of mentoring from managers
Pros
meeting lots of great people, the customer service
Cons
salary based on customers credit
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
Decisions made are what management feels will benefit both the customer and employee. There are a lot of attempts to streamline things. Yes they don't always work out but constantly trying new things brings up opportunities to grow.
Fun progessive workplace that is ever evolving
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
Deal with customers and resolve any issues they may have positive or negative, or help them with their vehicle purchasing process. Anything from sales to service or parts inquires. Great fun exciting environment and wonderful staff.
Pros
Great lunch programs and cool spiffs
Cons
hard work but rewarded for it
I will work here for liffe!
Director (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
I have worked at Go Auto for 5 years. I am a young female with quite a few tattoos. I say that because despite the auto industry being a male dominated industry I have always been treated with respect and dignity. I have been judged based on my work performance rather than any other factor and have been able to advance significantly in my time here. I would highly recommend working at Go Auto. We are are family, not a just a place to work.
Pros
Lunch program, free Gym Membership, great benefits, awesome vacation time.
Amazing!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
In a world of shady dealers, Go Auto is changing the industry! They keep their word and are by far the best place to work! I see people growing around me daily. It is so great to watch. Everyone is paid fair and has the opportunity to advance.
Pros
Recognition, Bbq, Free Gym, Daily lunches
Cons
None!
fun energetic enviroment
Product Advisor, Internet sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2016
Was great introduction to sales of any kind with great co workers to help you out and make the work place more enjoyable. lots of great benefits only down side is the hours but that sales for ya
Productive and lots of freebies
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
A typical day at work is fun and full of interaction between employees, no pressure. In my stay with the company, I was able to enhance my ability to handle pressure because of the unpredictable nature of my work. I learned to work between departments: sales, service and parts with ease. I become skilled at professional auto detailing and paint protection film installation. I could hardly feel the initiatives from the management with regards to lifting or giving chances to its potential employees, their guidelines were not clearly defined. The people I worked with are awesome, they keep me going. Scheduling was the hardest part of my job, everything seems to be unorganized. Barbecue, quarter awards night and Wednesday wings night are the part that I enjoyed the most.
Pros
Employee price discounts
Cons
no room for improvement on the position that i held
Great learning opportunity!!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2016
Great place to work to learn the ins & outs of the industry on a retail level. Good quality clientele and good team to work with!!
Service advisor
Service advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2016
The dealership I was working for was a one owner type deal. You followed manufacturer repair plans and never walked side ways because no owner, or service manger forced you to be un honest. Go auto taker over... meant you work harder to reach the same prize because they would reduce your commission or they hit you low. They want you to go above and beyond to sell sell, not required maintenance that would not be normaly listed at so and so interval.

Edmonton is really a bad area to buy a vehicle from specifically because the competition is one company go auto. If you see orange that is your clue that they a own good chunk of the city dealers. If your unhappy with service at a ford dealer well your lucky because ford has many private owned dealers in the city area. Some people are not so lucky as go auto runs about 2 dealers using the same brand eg. Kia, nissan, ford, hyndai

Thats great for them but when your upset and low on options it feels kinda sad.

Monopoly
Pros
Gym pass
Cons
Long long days if you have family..
Great Workplace
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2016
Great way to learn customer service. All around helpful employees and employers with understanding attitudes and always willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Go Auto. Our community is ready to answer.