Go Auto Employee Reviews

No pay raise system poor management
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2017
Not a good company to work at. They don’t have a pay raise system so whatever they say to pay you will be that for your position hired. If not get promoted your only sitting on the same salary. Management is not good at all! They would make it look like your well recognized by having staff lunches but your not really rewarded individually as an employee there. If they find something they don’t like about you yes easy lay off is what your expecting and without good reasons.
Pros
Staff lunch
Cons
Poor management
Fun workplace environment
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
Great company to work for. Takes care of their employees. Lots of employee perks. Always feels like you're part of a family. Lots of opportunities to grow within
Good lunch on Sat
patsy (Current Employee) –  southtown hyundai18 July 2017
Sorry, This place takes advantage of the flat rate system by making the technicians do a lot of extra work for free. The service manager is closed minded and prefers to dominate instead of listening to his staff. Bully is a strong term but accurate.
The rest of the staff are great! Good people with a bad boss that the HR don't want to deal with.
Pros
the people you work with
Official response from Go Auto
24 July 2017

We are sorry you did not have the experience you we hoped you would have. If you would like to discuss further, please contact HR at 780-483-4024 or your stores GM directly.

The best company I've ever worked for!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2017
The term TEAM goes a long way.
There's no such thing as a "typical day" at Go Auto. You're always on your toes, a new day is exciting and your never more than an ear shot from entertainment. I had the best days of my career working for Go Auto.
Pros
Countless pros!
Cons
I was very broken hearted when I left the group. It was a sad day.
product advisor
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
excellent sales process
everyone has the same training
flexible environment
wide selection of pre-owned vehicles
lots of mentoring from managers
Pros
meeting lots of great people, the customer service
Cons
salary based on customers credit
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
Decisions made are what management feels will benefit both the customer and employee. There are a lot of attempts to streamline things. Yes they don't always work out but constantly trying new things brings up opportunities to grow.
Fun progessive workplace that is ever evolving
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
Deal with customers and resolve any issues they may have positive or negative, or help them with their vehicle purchasing process. Anything from sales to service or parts inquires. Great fun exciting environment and wonderful staff.
Pros
Great lunch programs and cool spiffs
Cons
hard work but rewarded for it
I will work here for liffe!
Director (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
I have worked at Go Auto for 5 years. I am a young female with quite a few tattoos. I say that because despite the auto industry being a male dominated industry I have always been treated with respect and dignity. I have been judged based on my work performance rather than any other factor and have been able to advance significantly in my time here. I would highly recommend working at Go Auto. We are are family, not a just a place to work.
Pros
Lunch program, free Gym Membership, great benefits, awesome vacation time.
Amazing!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2017
In a world of shady dealers, Go Auto is changing the industry! They keep their word and are by far the best place to work! I see people growing around me daily. It is so great to watch. Everyone is paid fair and has the opportunity to advance.
Pros
Recognition, Bbq, Free Gym, Daily lunches
Cons
None!
fun energetic enviroment
Product Advisor, Internet sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2016
Was great introduction to sales of any kind with great co workers to help you out and make the work place more enjoyable. lots of great benefits only down side is the hours but that sales for ya
Productive and lots of freebies
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
A typical day at work is fun and full of interaction between employees, no pressure. In my stay with the company, I was able to enhance my ability to handle pressure because of the unpredictable nature of my work. I learned to work between departments: sales, service and parts with ease. I become skilled at professional auto detailing and paint protection film installation. I could hardly feel the initiatives from the management with regards to lifting or giving chances to its potential employees, their guidelines were not clearly defined. The people I worked with are awesome, they keep me going. Scheduling was the hardest part of my job, everything seems to be unorganized. Barbecue, quarter awards night and Wednesday wings night are the part that I enjoyed the most.
Pros
Employee price discounts
Cons
no room for improvement on the position that i held
Great learning opportunity!!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2016
Great place to work to learn the ins & outs of the industry on a retail level. Good quality clientele and good team to work with!!
Service advisor
Service advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2016
The dealership I was working for was a one owner type deal. You followed manufacturer repair plans and never walked side ways because no owner, or service manger forced you to be un honest. Go auto taker over... meant you work harder to reach the same prize because they would reduce your commission or they hit you low. They want you to go above and beyond to sell sell, not required maintenance that would not be normaly listed at so and so interval.

Edmonton is really a bad area to buy a vehicle from specifically because the competition is one company go auto. If you see orange that is your clue that they a own good chunk of the city dealers. If your unhappy with service at a ford dealer well your lucky because ford has many private owned dealers in the city area. Some people are not so lucky as go auto runs about 2 dealers using the same brand eg. Kia, nissan, ford, hyndai

Thats great for them but when your upset and low on options it feels kinda sad.

Monopoly
Pros
Gym pass
Cons
Long long days if you have family..
Great Workplace
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2016
Great way to learn customer service. All around helpful employees and employers with understanding attitudes and always willing to help.
Great people and great atmosphere
Sales Consultant/Internet Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2016
A typical day at work consists of creating and follow up on leads, talking to customers on the car lot and negotiations in between. I have grown as a sales professional and as an individual. At first it was very hard for me to put myself out there and talk to new people in and outside of work. This profession has taught me how to talk to customers on a personal and professional level to relate to every type of person. Being a female in the sales world can be very difficult for some, my management and co workers have taken me in and treated me like family from the very start. The hardest part of my job is getting those customers that are fresh off the lot to commit that day to purchasing a vehicle. The most enjoyable part of my job is the types of people you meet on a daily basis and what you learn from them.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Great People, Great Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Good people. Terrible management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2016
This company offers you the moon and then do not keep there word. The service and parts management is nothing short of a joke. They have managers that are way to comfortable in there positions. And they are out of touch with reality. No people skills at all. The staff carry the load and get absolutely no recognition. If the management has an issue with you they just lay you off.
Pros
A few bbq
Cons
Name it.
Auto sales culture is exploitative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 March 2016
Should have known in the interview how unprofessional this climate would have been. Actually, prior to that in the advert that stated "300K/year earnings", which is clearly the exorbitant earnings of very few within their company. In all reality you're looking well below 100K in their absorbed dealerships for a good amount of time. Earning $600/car with an assortment of other "sales personnel" to share in the spoils makes for a seriously tainted and aggressive work environment. The fact that they're unwilling to pay a basic salary is telling of a business model that tries to imitate network marketing strategies.

They say they train, but that's not true. They buy up defunct auto retailers and say they "market to turn things around". That isn't true.

Anyways, you get the picture. There's a reason why you always see a Go Auto job posting. Connect the dots.
Pros
Bbq
Cons
Good people, nice place to work.
HEAD DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2016
Nice place to work. But organization and departmentalization are poor. Although the system works it needs improvement.
Pros
Close to home and good hours
Cons
Clicky.
Great place to learn
Automotive Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2016
Go auto Kentwood Ford is a very good place to get your feet wet in the automotive sales industry. The managements is knowledgeable experienced and willing to teach. The company culture is great, Friday meetings are energetic and inspiring.
worst place i have ever worked hands down.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB5 February 2016
Go auto/ go rv has been the worst operated place i have ever worked. Management is terrible, too many hands in the cookie jar they dont know which way is up. My experience was terrible and i would never recommend anyone to work here ever. If you do something they dont like they dont warn you they just lay you off!!!
Pros
Cons
management is terrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Go Auto. Our community is ready to answer.

Go Auto Reviews by Location