GNC

GNC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Depending On Your RSD
Manager (Former Employee), Somerset, KYNovember 1, 2014
Pros: good pay and a good way to meet great people
Cons: awful corporate
My days where pretty simple count in the morning, do stock, and help customers. When I was offered management I received no training for about a month and a half. They always blame you as the employee no matter what happens
Fun job, great people, great experience.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 30, 2014
Pros: flexible management, shifts easily covered, fun atmosphere
Cons: low pay, no benefits
GNC retail is a great place to work if you are in your late teens, or early twenties looking for good experience developing people skills and decent pay.
love it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: discount of 12%
Cons: dealt with drama from store location-security
great work atmosphere-educational and love the happiness from helping customers
easy job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 29, 2014
MOst of the time youre the only person in the store.
Job is easy
Pay sucked
A monkey could do this job
Enjoyable depending on location
Higher Management (Current Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: the customers and employees
Cons: pay
Typical day at work entails restocking and rotating product, as well as cleaning. I have learned a lot of about health and fitness working here, and have enjoyable co workers. The cons about the job, is pay. I was making more as an assistant manger, than I was as a manager. it did have to do with location, but they would not budge on raising my pay higher, when i was performing more duties as a manger.
Improvement
Area Sales Trainer (Current Employee), Ridgeland, MSOctober 28, 2014
The hiring process needs more work there shouldnt have to take so long to hire people at a store when we are short handed it takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks just to get one person hired when it only took around 30 min to do a good interview and see if they are worthy of the position.
Great people, unexpected changes
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Leetsdale, PAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: management is ok, company doesn't like to share future moves
This company as I was told used to be wonderful. But as the company tries to make changes for the better it is affecting the people who work here, especially the veteran employees.
great location
Store Manager (Former Employee), hickam afbOctober 28, 2014
Pros: lunch break anytime, paid faction and sick days
Cons: on slow days finding ways to bring people in
check any emails through our register system at work. check sales goals and where we are at by looking at the days before i got in and calculating how far we are to goals then assigning according for the store day and down to employee.
greeting customers and evaluating their needs by offering best products to fulfill their personal goals.
co-workers all great spirited people and all also goal orientated .Hardest part of job is if anything happens to computer example : if it freezes. takes a while to get a hold of the register computer department to call and guide us to help our situation.
good part about the job is making my own schedule .being a sort of mentor to my employees. being able to meet new people everyday and making a difference in their lives.
great if your in management
Store Manager (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHOctober 27, 2014
I was a branch management. Loved it and great pay........................
GNC
Store General Manager (Former Employee), Selma, ALOctober 25, 2014
Pros: wonderful people, great place to learn about your health and diet
Cons: distance
WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK , GREAT AND INTERESTING PEOPLE.

I LEFT GNC TO WORK FOR VIDEO WAREHOUSE WHICH WAS CLOSER TO HOME
Simple and fun work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Baxter, MNOctober 23, 2014
Cons: no breaks and no full time hours
My days were pretty much the same. I talked to different customers and met a lot of interesting people. It was a solitary job, so I didn't work with other people.

I learned about health care products, sports medicine, weight management and vitamins.

Management was pretty good but I hardly ever saw them.

The hardest part was the slow days and the holiday season.

I enjoyed learning about the products and felt accomplished when a customer would return and tell me that the products worked well.
chalenging, and help live a better life
Manager (Current Employee), Yuma ArizonaOctober 23, 2014
I enjoy working for this company to help people live a better life and to know in my heart i am saving people to better themself, I work well with people and love to share my knowledge with every one...
Fun, informative!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 21, 2014
I learned so much about nutrition and received excellent management experience! This was an excellent job! Management was very hands on and helpful.
One of my favorite places to work.
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKOctober 21, 2014
Pros: working with all of the customers, learning new product knowledge
Cons: wanted to further advance, did not have the opportunity
I am very health minded. I love working with people and learning new things. General Nutrition Centers supplied all of this and more. I had a daily dose of product knowledge that really helped me work with all the customers that came through the door.

Management was really supportive and fun to work with. With their training, I was able to provide my customers with the best product they needed, and I was part of a compensation program that really kept me moving forward.
productive work place while inhancing my knowlage.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Crowley, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: the commission
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work was getting to know people, and being able to have the knowlage to help them better them selfs by teaching them a healthy life style that best fits them. While working there I learned how to understand people by there first imperssion, how to deal with angry customers, as well as eduating myself on different products we carried. Every day I had the chance to help people, to make them feel better about themselfs, and did what ever I could to make them leave with a smile, and thats what I enjoyed the most working at GNC.
Fun and open workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deptford, NJOctober 16, 2014
A typical day at work at GNC was cleaning product and shelves and checking product expiration dates and selling awesome products to people that want to live a healthy life style which was so rewarding. I learned so much about how to sell certain products to certain people, how to word pricing deals, how to explain products and how they work. My manager was so understanding and nice and was a great teacher, and my co-workers and I all new what teamwork meant and we helped each other build bigger sales and taught each other different things that we knew and helped each other get all the daily tasks done. Hardest part of the job was selling more than one product at a time but that also was the most enjoyable because I could help people live a healthier life style and enjoyed hearing their stories and seeing them come back again and again for more products and see how the products worked on them!
productive place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2014
home life balance was great. provided clients with financial products.
A great place to work and learn
Full time Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Burlington, IAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: being able to enjoy the employee discount
Cons: did not have much time for lunch
a GREAT PLACE TO WORK . I learned alot about supplements and vitamins. The management was dedicated to working with you and helping you become the best and most knowledgeable associate. I believe the hardest part of the job was meeting all the sales quotas. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people become the best they need to be.
Good Company
Senior store manager (Current Employee), Midland, TXOctober 14, 2014
Health corporation that works hard for there employees. Salary should be more which would help change the ability of staff to not over sale certain items.
Pay
GNC as a sale associate (Former Employee), Evanston, WYOctober 13, 2014
I was doing a lot of wokr with very little pay and that wasn't enough to live off of. I was also being worked more hours than the manager and had to cover many of there shifts.

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line.¬†GNC Holdings¬†operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more