GNC

GNC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Draper Family GNC
Operations Trainer/Store Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2014
Pros: getting to do what you love, helping people with nutrition goals
Cons: no room for promotion, no air conditioning in the work place, owner was sued for class action lawsuit
Family owned business, the business was ran poorly and the owner was sued in a class action lawsuit. I enjoyed helping people and training associates to better themselves and their health and fitness knowledge.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about being in charge of a team
Cons: no advancement above my position
• Set and achieved store wide monthly sales goals
• Interviewed and trained new employees
• Managed sales associates and scheduled employees
• Responsible for inventory control and accounting
• Trained in strategic sales and marketing techniques
Great for Sales, Bad for Salary
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJune 2, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: salary
Pay is horrible but job was very easy. No stress sales environment.
Great entry level retail work environment
Sales Representative / Shift Manager (Former Employee), Clifton, NJJune 2, 2014
- A typical day is helping / guiding customers to the best solutions to meet their physical goals.

- What I learned was how to cross-sell products
Good company to work for while a student.
Manager (Current Employee), McMinnville, ORMay 29, 2014
Was a great company to work for during my time in college. Not the best company if you are looking to advance it into a career.
Great environment to work in while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Great team to work with.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule for students, periodic bonuses, and lunched provided by employer
Cons: no benefits offered.
I enjoyed working under good management, with a team to grow with. I enjoyed the opportunity to work with customers and help them meet personal goals of health, fitness, and wellness.
Work environment conducive to advancment.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Round Lake Beach, ILMay 27, 2014
Plenty of responsibility managing a store and employees, good opportunity to advance with consistently good performance. Important to keep learning as new products are introduced often as well as constantly changing promotions and sales.
Work environment conducive to advancment.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Round Lake Beach, ILMay 27, 2014
Outstanding Coach and Manager/District Manager
General Manager (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMay 25, 2014
Pros: stable work enviroment, opportunity for advancement
As a District manager/ manger I would enjoy working for a company with the mindset of a entering with a career. With that career I would like to see room for advancement when hard work, integrity, and accomplishment is achieved.
lots of fun working in mall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hammond, LAMay 24, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: pay was little low
school job lots of fun and connections I still talk to some of the people i worked with.
I enjoyed working for GNC while I was at college.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 24, 2014
Being able to work for such a great company. I excelled selling GNC products. This was my first commision based job. I was promoted to assistant manager rather quickly. The cculture was fun and lucrative. Being able to have commision and be in control of that was a plus.
Productive learning environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Willingboro, NJMay 21, 2014
Being in retail management is a great experience. It is a chance to broaden your skills and there is always a chance to learn something new. I love my staff and working with them. My customers make me happy as well. Knowing that I have the power to help them change their lives around for the better makes my job wonderful. Not only am I pleasing my customers, – more... I am improving their health and that makes me very satisfied with my job. – less
Productive, educative and Challenging
Nutrition Consultant/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2014
A day at work typically entails selling customers products they need or helping customers identify products that will help them address health concerns. I learned a tremendous amount of information about nutrition and the human body. I had managers that were exceptionally fexible when it came to the employee's professional and personal needs. My co-workers – more... were quite cooperative and they helped maintain a positive business environment. The hardest part of the job I encountered was my initial training as a new hire. It wasn't difficult at all, it was however a bit challenging assimilating a large amount of information regarding nutrition. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to help customers properly address their nutritional needs. – less
depends on location
Health Consultant (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 17, 2014
not professional, moved me to different stores with no consent. horrible pay, a lot of talking between management.
FUN!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2014
Pros: discount on supplements
Cons: horrible pay
The most enjoyable part of the job would be talking to the customers and talking about fitness. If you are into fitness and enjoy selling GNC is a great place for you.
Sales job with an emphasis on suggestive selling
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 11, 2014
Pros: able to increase pay checks with commission oportunities
Cons: possible lack of hours
the main focus is to sell products. i have learn to read customers allowing to suggest the best GNC product.
Great Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, CaMay 7, 2014
Learned a lot about nutritional supplements and offering good customer service by truly catering to the customer
nothing organize
Sales associate (Current Employee), Doha, QatarMay 7, 2014
Cons: short break, free acomodation
its give me hard time always has technical problem specially in computer system, no day off in first week, and no overtime.
I've learned to be more productive, flexible and competitive.
And management has incomplete office staff, no IT and no accounting. i can say nothing is organize here.
And nothing i can say to my co workers they are all fun and – more... nice.
the hardest part of the job no Overtime and no day off on first week of the month.I having fun with my co workers, everyday laughing, joking,and helping to each other even though this company give us a hard time. – less
worst job I've ever worked in my life. as far as management, lifestyle .work demands
Part time key holder (Current Employee), FloridaMay 6, 2014
Pros: i absolutely love the customers
Cons: management. pay. no lunch no breaks. harassment on all levels.
I have never work such a demanding job a little pay. The management is despicable. I been harassed on all levels. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. Disgusting operation.
A fun demanding company
Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 1, 2014
The company can be very demanding. They don't pay you over time nor do they want you to work overtime. Though when there is deadlines its an unsaid thing to do what you have to finish projects. The health benefits were nice. The employee discount isn't as good as other vitamin companies. The commission you can make is great as well as all the free sample – more... you receive from vendors. If you are put in a location with low traffic or an area that isn't as affluent, its hard to get promoted. – less

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line. GNC Holdings operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more