GNC

GNC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy work, numbers based
Sales associate (Current Employee), Gateway MallOctober 2, 2014
Pros: 30 % discount
Cons: they pay minimum wage
I love what I do over all but I am tired of the busy work with little chance to move up and make more money.
Loved this company
STORE MANAGER-Fort Wayne (Former Employee), Huntington IndianaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: fun relaxed atmosphere, work at own pace, get job done and produce sales and left alone!
Cons: none except that dm
Great place to work. Fun, always learning, paid decent, great DM until she changed regions then the new one came in and soon I and others were gone. Now he is gone but too late for me.
Not a very busy place at all.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 30, 2014
I like the job but I am not trying to stay not enough hours store is not open too long and base of commission.
Great place to lean in progress with a healthy lifestyle
Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Montgomery, AlabamaSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: percent off on products.
Cons: not enough percent off.
GNC is a great place to work and lean great products if your looking to live or work healthy. There is a endless amount of products and information to be learned, but learning it is one of the hardest parts. There is a great amount of things in the products and knowing what customers can and can not have is knowing the products that your selling.
Fun
Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Learn about living a healthy life style and meet new people every day.
Enjoyable yet very productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free supplement samples
Cons: low pay
The coworkers are fun to work with and collaborate with. The management isn't too bad, although it could be improved slightly. I've learned a lot about nutrition and supplement ingredients.
Typical College job
Associate Sales Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, KYSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: people oriented store
Cons: asked to solicit, unproven, skeptical products that are forced by gnc, while most product mfg are in court litigation for liability claims.
Not a fan of policies and procedures.Management is very aggressive, unattainable goals are placed on you and commission is deleted from your sales of returns,.
Upbeat workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dunkirk, MarylandSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great structure
Cons: commissioned based
Hardest part of this job is selling the products to the customers and trying to educate them on health and wellness.
Upper Management really lowers the rating.
NUTRITION CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Findlay, OhioSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good commission if you earn it
Cons: upper management
Working for GNC was a fine experience until the Regional Sales Director came in and decided to pull his usual power trip with the associates. i voiced my displeasure with him to multiple people and it ended up with him treating my store poorly and essentially driving me away. My immediate superior was a good guy until he decided to have my back one – more... minute until the RSD confronted him and he sided with him. i was in the top 5% in terms of sales (usually between 5th-8th out of 167 employees) i rocked it in terms of commission but apparently that doesnt matter to them, unless you happen to work at the lima store. – less
Great Entry Level Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee), ModestoSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: minimal knowledge of supplements needed, does offer commission on certain products, can advance
Cons: sales goals are difficult
Although sales competitiveness and daily sales goals are quite difficult to achieve, it is a great company to learn sales, retail, and health supplements. If you are knowledgeable of supplements, maybe GNC is not the best place for you, rather if you enjoy sales and finding ways to advance this company is for you.
High emphasis on selling but inadequate compensation.
Assistant Manager, Sports Nutrition (Former Employee), OhioSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: commision can get you 18 an hour or so
Cons: little room for advancement
Major disconnect from corporate to the actual sales expireince. Poor training and pay.
AMAZING WORKPLACE AND SUPERVISOR/OWNER
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great bosses, it is easy to work for someone that is amazing!
GNC is an AMAZING company to work for. Especially the managers, are AMAZING! GREAT PRODUCTS AND GREAT PEOPLE! 5 stars ALL AROUND!
Love to sell
Manager SSM (Current Employee), Cape Coral, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: get to choose when i work
Cons: communication with corporate is impossible
I love to be able to help people
I enjoy working with my staff
fun environment
Learn about all new products
GNC
Nutritionist (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 15, 2014
This position is what developed my interest in the healthcare field. I enjoyed this position and working for the company.
I enjoyed working with people and learning about nutrition.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Watugua, TexasSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: learning about nutrition.
Cons: no benefits
I got hired on as part time and learned alot of the business on my own. There was alot of sales involved and quotas to meet.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2014
I loved talk with the customers about product. Work is with autonomous supervision. Contest given at least monthly with potential to exceed sales goals and receive prizes.
no comment
Sales and Customer Service (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 10, 2014
This was a horrible place to work. No benefits for any part timer and they really could care less about the people. The upper management are fat and have no idea about health yet alone teaching other people how to live healthy. they sure can say buy this product though because they are required to regardless if its any good or what you need.
always something different to do on a daily basis, learn a lot of ways to multi task daily
General Manager (Current Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: employee discounts, make own schedule
Cons: very little compensation (raises, bonuses, vaca, sick, etc) no room for growth
Typical day is filled with meeting customers needs and helping them create the best programs to live their best life. Each day comes with something new, there could be shipment to put away, inventory, weekly paperwork, training a new associate etc. There is always something new and different going on or that needs completed.

The hardest part of the – more... job is keeping up with all the changes in expectations that come down from corporate in regards to KPI standards etc. There is a huge lack of communication through the ranks as well, so there are lots of things misinterpreted or misunderstood in regards to what needs tracked, contests, promotions etc.

The best part of the job is my fellow managers who have all become friends and have a sense of commrodary with each other. We all help each other by answering each others questions, helping cover each others stores etc. – less
Sucked big time.
PT Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portland, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: no breaks even on long days (8-10hr) work shift, terrible management, boring work enviroment
I was working there and had a great manager and he ended up quitting. Well my senior store manager took over and SHE had it in for me. Day one she was all over me for no reason and it just went down hill. I did mainly all the work, cleaning, inventory, rotating You named it I pretty much did it all while my manager sat in the back when she worked and – more... ate PAPA JOHNS or CHINESE. – less
sales/comission
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 5, 2014
--Somewhat flexible hours
-Terrible pay
-They hide benefits options
-Breaks labor laws

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line.¬†GNC Holdings¬†operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more