GNC

GNC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ok job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Victorville, CAJune 26, 2014
loaded un loaded shipments. great learning experience with teams.
Fitness orientated retail store. Customers share common interest.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working at GNC was being able too successfully convince a customer in buying a product that your 100% sure is going too help them in their goals. Up on the list of enjoyable parts was being able too enlighten customers in how and why things work in the body and how different ingredients directly effect their body, leaving – more... them well informed and better prepared.
i learned so much in a very short amount of time, i learned everything from what the body needs too function properly too all the different products for preventative nutrition for every body part. there was no short supply of out of date training modules. – less
keeping busy through the day
Customer Service/Inside Sales (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 19, 2014
Pros: hour breaks
Cons: rotate 12 hr days
5 days a week sitting in your desk with a headset assisting customers. The hardest part is tracking your goals. Making sure you reach them. I would say the pros of this job being able to put in more hours if you like, and helping the customers.
Interacting with customers and supplying them with sufficient and credible information
Manager (Current Employee), 2040 Forest PlazaJune 19, 2014
I simply enjoyed working with my co sales representatives and supplying my customers with the correct information to help meet their needs. I enjoyed the challenges of helping each customer find the right product for them at the right price.
Awful
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Upper Arlington, OHJune 19, 2014
Terrible place to work, awful benefits, poor pay. I would not recommend that anyone consider working there.
Good for a temporal or part-time job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Miami Lakes, FLJune 17, 2014
Pros: easy to do
Cons: low salary. (for me was only a temporal part-time)
A typical day at GNC starts with cleaning and organizing the store; the rest of the day include sales, stocking and customer service. I learned about different products, and another kind of sales; store was easy to manage just order and sell the different products, inventory control and manage cash. The co-workers (Two Managers) used to do the same – more... job, and we used to work alone, but we had a good coordination, I didn't find any worst part at this job and the best part was reach our sales and have a good inventory. – less
Bureaucratic environment
GNC SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), IAJune 17, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about sales, interpersonal dynamics, and myself
Cons: horrible work environment and negative feedback loop
During a typical day, one would generally be belaboured with a number of usual sales associate tasks. The unfortunate part of this job is that you must meet key indicators or risk termination. My personal manager was a scheme-y con artist, who would make a sale regardless of the consequences for the customer. I vowed not to work in this manner.
Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Crestview, FLJune 17, 2014
Enjoyable working with Clients, Business Model could be better
Excellent learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 16, 2014
I wasn't to sure about nutritional value and what was good to maintain a healthy life style so GNC really did assist in teaching me just that. Taking the time to do examinations online and learn about the products in depth, the ability to meet and greet new people on a daily basis was absolutely phenomenal! The hardest part of my work day was to meet – more... the daily sales goals but it was also enjoyable due to the fact that I love a challenge and will work my hardest to achieve my goals. I'm very easy going with everyone, able to work with all personnel without any issues. – less
Freedom to interact with customers and provide a unique experience
MANGER AT GENERAL NUTRITION CENTERS (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2014
Overall health and fitness company based on direct sales and face to face interaction with customers. Unfortunately, not many opportunities to advance even with meeting sales goals or figures.
Customer Service Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2014
Pros: great discounts, social job
Cons: no breaks
-Provide excellent customer service on a daily basis
-Maintain customer base while establishing rapport with new customers
-Able to understand basic accounting principles.
Great learning environment
Sales associate (Current Employee), Racine, WisconsinJune 16, 2014
Mainly what I have appreciated about this job is it has helped me accumulate better communication skills. I am also appreciative of being in an environment where I am constantly stimulated by learning new things.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 13, 2014
Everyone was nice and willing to work with me to become a better employee.
Laid back place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tarentum, PAJune 11, 2014
Pros: discounts on products
Cons: pay, could be more flexible
Everyday I am at GNC is about the customer. Yes, I do other things around the store, but the customers ALWAYS come first...that's a big thing I learned from working there...to put others first. Most of my managers I have had have been super awesome and very laid back which makes things easier. I get along well with all of my co-workers. Probably the – more... hardest part of the job is when a customer asks a totally off the wall question and I'm not quite sure how to answer it. I try my best to think quickly on my feet because I want to help every person that comes through the store. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be getting to meet many different people throughout the week. – less
GNC is a company that looks out for ttheir employees
sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not enough hours or compensation to maintain a living
GNC is a company that challenges you and helps you learn how to perform well when it comes to team work
Enjoyed having control over store.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hazard, KYJune 11, 2014
Enjoyed that upper management trusted store managers to be able to operate their locations successfully without being micro managed.
Enjoyable work where every customer was different
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Auburn, MEJune 10, 2014
Pros: very upbeat
Cons: no breaks, sometimes very slow
A typical day at GNC consisted of opening the store, register, etc. Afterwords, product counts were done and the floors were cleaned. Customers would come in at any given time with hopes of finding a product that suited their needs. This is where I came into play. I used knowledge gained to help them find a product that would help them achieve their – more... goals.

I learned a lot about weight management and nutrition as well as how to set up promotions, accept shipments and a lot about customer service.

The hardest part of the job was honestly finding the perfect product for each customer seeing how every situation was different. I took it in stride though and usually made it work.

I loved learning about new products that we would receive in shipments. I find it interesting to learn about how certain things work in the body to help with weight loss/muscle growth. – less
Very healthy place
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 10, 2014
Pros: learned alot of health
Cons: pay changed
Learned alot about health there. Customers where like family. Upper Management was very informative.
Fun place to work, company loves its money
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJune 7, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers and interesting customers
Cons: the greed of the company
I liked most everyone I worked with. I migrated between four stores. Many of the customers were regulars and were very nice. Most days were easy. GNC likes to push a lot of products that aren't worth the price. There were daily and weekly quotas. These made the job overly stressful.
Productive and fun workplace
Nutrition Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILJune 6, 2014
Working at GNC is a fulfilling job but im looking for a full time position. The managers I work with are great but my co workers are not as driven as I am so I am always pulling their weight. Overall im satified with my job but Im looking for a career in my field.

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line.¬†GNC Holdings¬†operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more