GNC

GNC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive sales driven workplace.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MarylandDecember 21, 2014
Pros: employee discount, flexible hours
Cons: short breaks, repetitive day to day routine
A typical day of work consists of providing quality customer service and trying reach and or pass sales goals. As manger is it is my responsibility to make sure that the store is operating under company guidelines. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers accomplish their fitness goals so that they can live the best life possible. I already knew a lot about living a healthy lifestyle, but working at GNC has helped me increase my knowledge.
Gnc
Sales associate (Former Employee), Lynwood, CADecember 19, 2014
Great working there manager really worked with me and school schedule. My coworkers where great and really helped me get used to the job. The customers were great and i really enjoyed helping them with the products and helping them living a better and healthier life.
Okay place to work if you like broken promises.
Customer Service Sales Keyholder (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 19, 2014
Pros: commissions, ability to work independently
Cons: no meal/ rest breaks/ not always paid commissions/ very few hours
When I worked there I was in a dead mall. I was still expected to keep up with my sales percentages. GNC would make promises to give prizes for making sale goals and would trick you out of commissions by changing them before your next payday. The managers are rude and the sales associates try to rush to the counter to ring up people who you've done all the work for. The store is male dominated and women are often harassed or talked down to. The district managers are rude and yell at you for things you can't controll, A typical day is boring and the hardest part is the co-workers who lie to make sales goals and refuse customer returns. The best part of the job is the customers and the loyalty that you get from them.
Interesting, sometimes boring, but very competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McMinnville, ORDecember 19, 2014
Hours depends on sales. very competitive, sales mainly focused on whatever benefits the company more rather than the consumers.
Excellent facility of distribution of genetic health supplementation.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCDecember 18, 2014
A typical day at this position is advising and selling supplementation products, price changing and stocking merchandise, and connecting with customers. I learned how to effectively communicate through selling, distribution, and professionally establish relationship with customers. Management for this position changed but there was always great advising and consulting with retail advice. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn about supplementation and how different ingredients effect the body.
Not a bad place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), West Caldwell, NJDecember 18, 2014
It's a relatively easy job, I show up to work and make sales. If it's slow, I walk around the store looking for things to clean. This job taught me how to handle face to face interactions with customers
Enjoyable work environment, but lack of advancement.
Part- Time Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), INDecember 16, 2014
Pros: employee discount, great part-time pay, enjoyable environment
Cons: no advancement, lack of care towards the customer, constantly changing management
The job is overall easy, if you know your supplements. Luckily I was a biology major, so it wasn't too hard to talk about what certain things did.

Sadly, that's not what the job is about, though. You were expected to lie to customers, just to make the company more money.

I was told by my regional sales director to sell whatever made the company the most money, even if it didn't help the customer. This is where I lost faith in the company.
Overall Bad Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2014
Self-serving managers, terrible pay for the amount of work you do, etc.
Healthy lifestyle
Manager and Sales (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: healthy lifestyle.
Cons: moved to many stores.
Good pay and benefits but expected ongoing education and hard work in both sales and store presentation.
Great way to make money
Sales (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 13, 2014
A normal day you'd see about 50 customers and try to sell them products that benefit there goals for a healthier lifestyle. I definitely learned how to convince people to buy products that i thought was best for them it helped with my confidence and my communications skill. There a lot of politics between management which made work a little uncomfortable but it did help push us to take it the next level. My coworkers were great we did our best at keeping it as balanced as we could with customers depending on the day. The hardest part of the job was probably inventory because theres thousands of items so you have to learn where everything is and they all come in different shapes, sizes and brands. The most enjoyable part of the job is selling because it could help your paycheck by the end of the week.
Great way to make money
Sales (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 13, 2014
Great place
Fitness sales (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDDecember 11, 2014
Pros: great discount, great coworkers.
Cons: far away from my home
Arrive at work, look at the agenda, try to meet sales goals and clean the store accordingly.
GNC
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Butler, PADecember 11, 2014
Good company, had horrible store management in our location.
Learned about customer service and supplements
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2014
I learned a lot about customer service and supplements. The managers were ok.
Not Great Pay, but you can work up
Sales Manager (Former Employee), St Paul, MNDecember 2, 2014
If you want to be able to work up in the company this is a good job for you. only problem is that it takes quite a while to work up and pay isn't really that great.
Super fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Mishawaka, InDecember 2, 2014
Pros: customers, co-workers, overall experience
Cons: hours
My day was spent helping customers find the products they needed to stay or get healthy or in shape, doing pricing, mark downs, and setting up signage and products. I learned a lot about different kinds of supplements, herbs and what they do for you.

Management was great at GNC, they were so knowledgeable and helpful about any and everything. And my co-workers were fun to work with and made the job so much more enjoyable.

The hardest part of my job was when people called off to work because as a manager I had to cover those shifts. And the most enjoyable part was talking and interacting with my customers and having them come in and ask for me by name.
NA
Manager (Current Employee), Riverbank, CaliforniaDecember 2, 2014
Typical day consists of paperwork, training employees on selling techniques, maintaining store appearance, answering phones assisting customers with health needs.
Good work environment if you are a student.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no benefits.
Good work environment, great for students. Flexible schedules, no long hours, and co workers all helped each other out.
GNC has it's up's and down's as any job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), West Springfield, MANovember 27, 2014
I'm looking to move on, for I have yet to advance, within the time I have devoted to GNC. But If your looking to start and want to better your communication skills this is one avenue. As an employee your forced to learn the products your selling to others.
Good Company but very poor balance between work and life.
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee), Minneapolis MNNovember 23, 2014
I have had many oppertunities with GNC and have met many great friends, but I would like to have a better balance between work and life. I have accomplished many things with GNC such as team building, delegation, project management and exceeding sales goals.

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line.¬†GNC Holdings¬†operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more