GNC

GNC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer Service Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2014
Pros: great discounts, social job
Cons: no breaks
-Provide excellent customer service on a daily basis
-Maintain customer base while establishing rapport with new customers
-Able to understand basic accounting principles.
Great learning environment
Sales associate (Current Employee), Racine, WisconsinJune 16, 2014
Mainly what I have appreciated about this job is it has helped me accumulate better communication skills. I am also appreciative of being in an environment where I am constantly stimulated by learning new things.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 13, 2014
Everyone was nice and willing to work with me to become a better employee.
Laid back place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tarentum, PAJune 11, 2014
Pros: discounts on products
Cons: pay, could be more flexible
Everyday I am at GNC is about the customer. Yes, I do other things around the store, but the customers ALWAYS come first...that's a big thing I learned from working there...to put others first. Most of my managers I have had have been super awesome and very laid back which makes things easier. I get along well with all of my co-workers. Probably the – more... hardest part of the job is when a customer asks a totally off the wall question and I'm not quite sure how to answer it. I try my best to think quickly on my feet because I want to help every person that comes through the store. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be getting to meet many different people throughout the week. – less
GNC is a company that looks out for ttheir employees
sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not enough hours or compensation to maintain a living
GNC is a company that challenges you and helps you learn how to perform well when it comes to team work
Enjoyed having control over store.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hazard, KYJune 11, 2014
Enjoyed that upper management trusted store managers to be able to operate their locations successfully without being micro managed.
Enjoyable work where every customer was different
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Auburn, MEJune 10, 2014
Pros: very upbeat
Cons: no breaks, sometimes very slow
A typical day at GNC consisted of opening the store, register, etc. Afterwords, product counts were done and the floors were cleaned. Customers would come in at any given time with hopes of finding a product that suited their needs. This is where I came into play. I used knowledge gained to help them find a product that would help them achieve their – more... goals.

I learned a lot about weight management and nutrition as well as how to set up promotions, accept shipments and a lot about customer service.

The hardest part of the job was honestly finding the perfect product for each customer seeing how every situation was different. I took it in stride though and usually made it work.

I loved learning about new products that we would receive in shipments. I find it interesting to learn about how certain things work in the body to help with weight loss/muscle growth. – less
Very healthy place
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 10, 2014
Pros: learned alot of health
Cons: pay changed
Learned alot about health there. Customers where like family. Upper Management was very informative.
Fun place to work, company loves its money
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSJune 7, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers and interesting customers
Cons: the greed of the company
I liked most everyone I worked with. I migrated between four stores. Many of the customers were regulars and were very nice. Most days were easy. GNC likes to push a lot of products that aren't worth the price. There were daily and weekly quotas. These made the job overly stressful.
Productive and fun workplace
Nutrition Specialist/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oak Park, ILJune 6, 2014
Working at GNC is a fulfilling job but im looking for a full time position. The managers I work with are great but my co workers are not as driven as I am so I am always pulling their weight. Overall im satified with my job but Im looking for a career in my field.
Draper Family GNC
Operations Trainer/Store Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2014
Pros: getting to do what you love, helping people with nutrition goals
Cons: no room for promotion, no air conditioning in the work place, owner was sued for class action lawsuit
Family owned business, the business was ran poorly and the owner was sued in a class action lawsuit. I enjoyed helping people and training associates to better themselves and their health and fitness knowledge.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about being in charge of a team
Cons: no advancement above my position
• Set and achieved store wide monthly sales goals
• Interviewed and trained new employees
• Managed sales associates and scheduled employees
• Responsible for inventory control and accounting
• Trained in strategic sales and marketing techniques
Great for Sales, Bad for Salary
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJune 2, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: salary
Pay is horrible but job was very easy. No stress sales environment.
Great entry level retail work environment
Sales Representative / Shift Manager (Former Employee), Clifton, NJJune 2, 2014
- A typical day is helping / guiding customers to the best solutions to meet their physical goals.

- What I learned was how to cross-sell products
Good company to work for while a student.
Manager (Current Employee), McMinnville, ORMay 29, 2014
Was a great company to work for during my time in college. Not the best company if you are looking to advance it into a career.
Great environment to work in while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Great team to work with.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule for students, periodic bonuses, and lunched provided by employer
Cons: no benefits offered.
I enjoyed working under good management, with a team to grow with. I enjoyed the opportunity to work with customers and help them meet personal goals of health, fitness, and wellness.
Work environment conducive to advancment.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Round Lake Beach, ILMay 27, 2014
Plenty of responsibility managing a store and employees, good opportunity to advance with consistently good performance. Important to keep learning as new products are introduced often as well as constantly changing promotions and sales.
Work environment conducive to advancment.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Round Lake Beach, ILMay 27, 2014
Outstanding Coach and Manager/District Manager
General Manager (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMay 25, 2014
Pros: stable work enviroment, opportunity for advancement
As a District manager/ manger I would enjoy working for a company with the mindset of a entering with a career. With that career I would like to see room for advancement when hard work, integrity, and accomplishment is achieved.
lots of fun working in mall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hammond, LAMay 24, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: pay was little low
school job lots of fun and connections I still talk to some of the people i worked with.

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line. GNC Holdings operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more