GNC

GNC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Downtown Plaza, SacramentoMarch 13, 2014
Pros: hourly plus commission
Cons: unfathomable boredom
A typical day at work was mainly standing around with fits of activity. There were some remedial tasks that needed to be done each day, and when a costumer came in there was always something to sell. Unfortunately, there was never enough tasks to fill a day and one could lose their mind such an inactive and solitary job. The management was under a delusional – more... impression that every costumer was interested in purchasing everything you introduced to them. The hardest part of the job was the inactivity. The most enjoyable part was learning about supplements and talking to costumers. – less
Learned a lot
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aurora,COMarch 13, 2014
Customer Service
I learned a lot.
I was not a manager.
Diverse individuals.
Very established company that most individuals have heard about. Strong customer base.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free products/ samples, well known established company
Cons: not very much growth potential for the skills i have
Review Resume

The typical day at work was managing all aspects of daily operations for the General Nutrition Center location. (Open to Close)
What I learned was extensive knowledge about supplements.
Management generally was very helpful, but with many policy changes.
Co-workers I generally managed, except for corporate visits to store. Most co-workers – more... were helpful, and generally had the best interest of the company.
The hardest part of the job was the policy changes, with all of the constant changes in daily operational updates, that seemed out of the norm.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the supplements. The uses and the customers feedback, being thanked for knowledge and recomendations. – less
Cool
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hallandale, FlMarch 4, 2014
GNC was a cool place to work. The manager was knowledgable and very helpful.
Great for college kids, easy sales.
Manager (Current Employee), Temple Hills. MDFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: free supplements, great lauch point into commission sales.
Cons: predatory, cannabalistic, unrealistic goals.
The typical day has a good amount of downtime, I find it's a great job if you're in school. When you're not working you're getting paid, when you do have a customer you have the opportunity to make commission. I've personally only worked for franchises, I've heard Corporate stores can be a nightmare; However, I really can't speak from first hand experience. – more... You don't see much of your co-workers, hopefully you have reliable ones because the stores tend to be very short staffed, so you'll be coming in a lot. The management is very inefficiently done. The worst part of the job would be promotions and changing tags, which happen about once every two months. The enjoyable part of the job is helping people reach their goals as far as fitness and athletic performance, the commission isn't awful in the summer. During the high point of the DMAA craze I was averaging about 40$/hr after taxes in August. – less
productive
sales (Former Employee), Locust Grove GaFebruary 27, 2014
I am in school working on finishing my Bachelors degree, I am a great leader and have been placed in position of responsibility ahead of my peers due to this fact throughout my military career.
Best job I've had
Assistant Manager/Keyholder (Former Employee), Durham, North CarolinaFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good hours, good management
Cons: couldn't leave the store
GNC is without a doubt the best company I've worked for. I spent over two years there as Assistant Store Manager/Key holder. During my time I learned how to better take care of myself and other people. Management was fantastic. The worst thing about it was only one employee worked at a time.
alternative med
sales associate (Former Employee), Salem, MAFebruary 25, 2014
great place for alternative medicine. learn a lot about vitamins/herbs/minerals...
Not a career opportunity.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: work around great customers who want to better their health.
Cons: not a career opportunity.
This is not a career opportunity and the pay is minimum wage, the workload doesn't support the pay that is given and the communication between management and the subordinate is not good.
Sales goals are huge, the company pushes for certain products to be sold. Advancement happens fast because of the turn over rate.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, MNFebruary 20, 2014
Checking corporate daily info. Hitting daily sales goals. Pushing certain products. Co-workers were friendly and fun to work with. Hardest thing was just catching on to everything as a store manager. Training isn't the best. Best part of the job was learning about the invaluable knowledge of health care products and supplements.
Knowledge and customer service are key
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: plenty of opportunities for promotion
Cons: lack of benefits for sales associates
Being a part of the team at GNC requires a delicate balance between product knowledge and customer sales skills. The demand to drive sales is very high here. It takes a certain kind of charisma and drive to be successful in this company. I find the most joy in this job knowing that customers rely on my advice and discretion in investing money on products – more... that help them adopt a healthy lifestyle. This is the kind of job where your opinion matters and where your level of work is praised and acknowledged. Therein also lies the biggest challenge on the job, which is the constant pressure to meet and sales quotas in an environment where the weakest links do not last. – less
fun place to work and people there are awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Longmont, COFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch, 1hr lunch
Cons: not many
very cool place to work the doctors n staff are very nice.lots of work but days flew by
LOVED WORKING HERE
Sales (Former Employee), Davenport, FLFebruary 13, 2014
not a bad thing to say...it was awesome working this company. i met alot of people. learned alot and grew so much with my time there.
Real People - Real Talk - Real Results
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hickam AFB, HIFebruary 13, 2014
My day to day duties involved selling multiple vitamins and other health supplements to a variety of customers. In charge of scheduling, staffing, merchandising, payroll, inventory and much more.
I loved the amount of knowledge I gained while working here.
A challenging and engaging atmosphere.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVFebruary 12, 2014
During a typical day I am either opening or closing the store. I will go through specific procedures and accomplish various required tasks during the day, all the while assisting customers.
My management team is a strong and informed group of people who enjoy working with their employees and encouraging them to achieve excellence in all that they do.
My – more... co-workers are a close-knit, "family-style" group. We continually help each other to succeed.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to build a lasting relationship with a customer and seeing improvement in their health. – less
Greeeeaaatttt
Store Manager (Former Employee), Topeka, KSFebruary 10, 2014
This was a great place to work and involved others where need be and advancement a plus.
Good company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 9, 2014
You can make a life change for the clientele that steps into GNC
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Silverdale, WAFebruary 5, 2014
Many opportunities to engage in customer service and practice communication skills.
Great Place to Start!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Riverside, CA & Nevada, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: knowledge development of the vitamin world
Cons: didn't always believe in the products being sold
Still young in management, yet it served as my source of training to grow as a leader in managing others, and in customer service.
Ok job, not a career
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: a lot of down time (good for homework)
Cons: low paying job, not much of a career.
Once you are a manager can't move much from there and the pay for management is very low. It gets very boring during down time which you will have all the time. Most of you money is made off of commission and in this economy it's getting harder to sell products to customers even though the weight problem in U.S keeps getting worse.

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line. GNC Holdings operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more