GNC Employee Reviews

Nice work environment with ample opportunity to extend your knowledge in the field of health products.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ON8 September 2014
Customer service job that provided extensive GNC University training on the hundreds of different products including new and upcoming products available. We offer advice to customers on health regimes as well as products to enhance their workout. Handled large amounts of cash on a daily basis as well as basic accounting skills with balancing cash control at the beginning and end of each shift. There is daily goals that are required as well as basic cleaning, organizing, inventory, and expiry date checking of the products in the store. Management gives us tips and advice on ways to meet all required goals on a regular basis. We work independently as well as with co-workers for a portion of the shifts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset or agitated customers however I am usually able to diffuse most situations in a calm and professional manner. I enjoy being able to learn about new products on a daily basis.
Encouraging,
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga and Etobicoke, ON15 October 2015
My time with GNC was a good one. I rose from sales associate to manager in less than a year. The company, and more specifically my regional sales manager, really took me under their wings to hone my skills and instill a great deal of confidence in my managerial abilities.

I managed at 2 stores over the span of just over 2 years, and in the end, opted to try schooling in the health field.
Pros
Meeting tonnes of great customers and being able to impart my knowledge, helping them make wiser choices in regards to their health.
Cons
Split weekends and scheduling issues made it difficult to schedule things outside of work
Enjoyable customer interaction with generous commission
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON4 March 2016
Fun workplace with like-minded health-conscious coworkers who genuinely want to help all customers that enter the store.
great chance to make money but terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2013
worked for two years as a sales associate, but managers changed three times while i was there. Two were terrible and whoever hired them obviously didnt know what they were doing. The only good manager we had stuck around for a month before he was promoted. Constant head butting with the manager made a bunch of us quit, turnover rate is ridiculous at small locations.
Pros
great comission, great place to work if you like fitness/nutrition
Cons
poor structure and management, treated sales reps like disposable items
Nutrition benifits your lifestyle
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 September 2015
Health and nutrition product knowledge. Assiting Customers with advice and nutrition facts to help with their lifetime goals.
Pros
Earned Commisions on sales
Cons
No promotion within the company
Great place to develop interpersonal skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario27 December 2013
This is a great part-time job where each day I encounter different types of people that challenge me to think critically in an instant. Management is very fair and gives hours based on individual performance. The hardest part of the job is meeting sales targets on days that are not very busy.
Pros
Learning how to deal with all types of individuals
great knowledgement in nutrition
Sales Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON6 April 2013
- help costumers with their daily needs in supplements
- I learned greatly in how to care one's self in terms of health and fitness
- great co-workers, enjoyable interactions
- learning new products and its benefits and able to share it with costumers
- able to meet new people
Pros
enjoyable workplace
productive and exciting workplace
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2015
GNC was a great experience , I was fortunate to be part of a focused and driven team. The company had plenty of different activities set in place to improve costumer and employee interactions. GNC invested a lot into me from one on one manger training to online programs that expanded our knowledge on the company and its products. Overall it was a great experience that helped me a lot to improve on my many skills.
Pros
Every day brought new challenges, had the chance to meet new people and everyday was a new experience
Sales job where you have to put the company's ideas before the customer's needs.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta15 May 2012
Great place to work. Talking with customers was fun and enjoyable. However, the company had stats to be met for selling specific products that didn't always match up with what a customer may need. This creates issues between selling what the person needs and what the company feels they should buy.
I learned a lot about the types of products and how they can aid in people's health. Co-workers were fine, it's always a toss-up, but most of the time I was on my own anyway.
GNC places too much importance on stats. Get rid of the stats and sell what the customer needs and this job is perfect, but until then, it's not quite there.
Pros
enjoyable, social environment
Cons
sales quotas
The management was poor and needed work.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 April 2015
Overall an okay job for a highschool student, not enough management as four stores had two managers. I helped customers, stocked shelves, told about the products and what they did.
Cons
Boring
Excellent part-time job when also going to school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 November 2012
Provide courteous, professional customer service when promoting products and services.
Conversing with customers on what they would like to do with regards to working out and having a healthier life. Steer them towards a path that will help them accomplish those goals.
There were few other co-workers which was good at establishing friendships within the workplace.
The hardest part of the job would be that there were times where you would be the only one working, and when the store would get busy it would be a challenge to handle all priorities.
Pros
opportunity for commission
Cons
balancing school with work
Good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 April 2014
A typical day at work was basically attending to customers needs answering questions about products, Merchandising products and cleaning. Management was really good, understanding and easy to talk to. Great co-workers who help a lot!
----
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2014
Sales job, learned how to communicate with a variety of different individuals, management is very fair, co-workers are great and help make an upbeat environment.
Start of my career
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2014
The pay plan was commission based which I found out is the perfect thing for me. The manager there was the best I ever had and helped me start my career in sales
Learned a lot, and enjoyed helping customers reach there goals
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 September 2015
Working for GNC i learned a lot about a variety of products and body types. I enjoyed helping customers reach and exceed there goals.
Great Place to Work!
GNC Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 August 2014
Being able to work for a company who is recognized all around the world was amazing. One of the best things that I was able to do was communicate with the customers, and express my advice and concern to each costumer. Health & Fitness is something that has been in my life since I was a little kid. I unfortunately couldn't get much experience at GNC because I had to leave due to personal reasons. But, talking Health & Fitness with customers is a great way to make a living!
Great Place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 November 2011
GNC was my favorite job. It had to living a healthier life and i enjoyed the people i worked with. It was indeed a pleasant workplace. The scheduling was great because it worked with my lifestyle and there was enough shifts all the time. I liked what i was doing and the products i was selling therefor related to them better and was a great sales person. I enjoyed working here and would work there again anytime. I recommend GNC to everyone. It truly changed my life
Productive Environment
RETAIL SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 February 2015
Basically dealing with customers on a daily basis, cleaning and dusting the store as well as facing our products. as it was a passion of mine i could it very easy to explain to customers what the best products where for their specific goals, needs and wants. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
Supplement company
Retail Assistant-Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON8 April 2015
-lots of goals to obtain through the day
-lots of organizational skills required
- details count and knowing your products
-matching customer needs with appropriate product
Pros
commision
Cons
expected a lot out of employees with little in return
fun and exiting workplace
Franchise (Current Employee) –  North York, ON23 April 2014
Head Pharmacist
Hiring/ firing
performance reviews
inventory control
productivity
scheduling
working along with other departments
dispensing meds & counselling patients
Cross training staff members within the same store
Working within parameter of budget ( wages & expenses )
Pros
celebrating success
Cons
High traffic