GNC Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent part-time job when also going to school
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Bay, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: opportunity for commission
Cons: balancing school with work
Provide courteous, professional customer service when promoting products and services.
Conversing with customers on what they would like to do with regards to working out and having a healthier life. Steer them towards a path that will help them accomplish those goals.
There were few other co-workers which was good at establishing friendships within the workplace.
The hardest part of the job would be that there were times where you would be the only one working, and when the store would get busy it would be a challenge to handle all priorities.
Enjoyed working with the associates at this location.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJune 13, 2012
Assisted customers in need of herbal products, to obtain their goals. Was trained in various levels of digestive health, and completed GNC University, class 1 The Nutrients. Management was good to the employees at this site, allowing them the freedom to do their jobs correctly. Enjoyed working as a team with other associates or independently. The hardest part of the job, was multitasking, weather dealing with customer, relining the store, dusting and basic merchandising, along with daily emails and other management assignments. The most enjoyable part was seeing a customer go away with a smile on their face, completely happy with their choices and experience within the store, and knowing that you would see a happy customer again.
love working with the public
Counter Sales Rep (Former Employee), amherst nsMay 23, 2012
awesome i love supplements and the atmosphere and working with the public
Sales job where you have to put the company's ideas before the customer's needs.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 15, 2012
Pros: enjoyable, social environment
Cons: sales quotas
Great place to work. Talking with customers was fun and enjoyable. However, the company had stats to be met for selling specific products that didn't always match up with what a customer may need. This creates issues between selling what the person needs and what the company feels they should buy.
I learned a lot about the types of products and how they can aid in people's health. Co-workers were fine, it's always a toss-up, but most of the time I was on my own anyway.
GNC places too much importance on stats. Get rid of the stats and sell what the customer needs and this job is perfect, but until then, it's not quite there.
Great Place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 15, 2011
GNC was my favorite job. It had to living a healthier life and i enjoyed the people i worked with. It was indeed a pleasant workplace. The scheduling was great because it worked with my lifestyle and there was enough shifts all the time. I liked what i was doing and the products i was selling therefor related to them better and was a great sales person. I enjoyed working here and would work there again anytime. I recommend GNC to everyone. It truly changed my life
Nouveau départ
Vendeur (Former Employee), Montreal,qcApril 10, 2013
Pros: protéines à moitié prix
Cons: peu de client
Mon avis par rapport étaient valorisante , j'ai appris plusieurs choses sur l'entreprise , sur moi et sur la clientèle .J'ai aimé mon expérience au sei de cette entreprise mais il était d'un nouveaux départ pour moi