GNC

GNC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Overall
Sales Asscociate (Current Employee), Columbus, NEApril 5, 2014
Pros: commision, great management and coworkers
Cons: low pay
The typical day at work includes a steady workflow and meeting new people. I learned alot more in terms of nutrition and health benefits with supplements. My manager is an excellent manager that understands that we arnt just employees but human just like him. He works around our tight schedules and helps us out in anyway possible. My coworkers are hardworking – more... and we have become close in friendship. There really isnt a hard part in my job, I enjoy it alot. Every aspect of my job I find enjoyable honestly. – less
No place to advance unless you move to corporate.
Sales (Current Employee), IndianaApril 3, 2014
This job is slow most days and you work alone, you must be able to keep yourself entertained. Employee discounts are virtually non-existent. No benefits. This job is good because of flexibility for school, that's about it. Co-workers are typically enjoyable as you likely share the same interests.
Terrible management at the Corporate Level
HR Rep (Former Employee), Pittsburgh,PAApril 3, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: long lunches
The management is terribly unreliable, their is no training for new employees....no job growth...the communication from management is misleading. In the Corp Pgh location the pay is terrible (in the HR/Benefits/Records/Payroll) dept's.
the sick and vacation is non existant....the ppl you work with are great....the management suck.....
Bad Pay
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), New York,NYApril 3, 2014
Pros: 30% discount, commission
Cons: hours/pay
Not a career position, salary increases with commission but if you dont sell you make no money
Profitable Organization/Region in a Health Conscious Field
Regional Sales Director - FL Region (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 1, 2014
Run Region reports for all locations and store groups
Upload information to store portals/emails
Analyze business results/opportunities
Conduct Conference Calls/Kick-Off Calls
Attend Conference Calls
Emails and Deliverable
Conduct store visits to recognize and challenge performance
Operation Controls
Receive Sales Updates
Conduct one on one calls
Fun place
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee), Thornton, COMarch 31, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: temp
The company was for temps but i stayed with the same company for 2 years. i really didnt deal with no body in this temp company only when i picked up my check.
Customer loyalty and Horrible Upper Management
Manager (Current Employee), Maryville, TNMarch 30, 2014
Pros: free samples from third party vendors, customer relationships
Cons: no breaks, all the company cared about was selling their brand which did not have commision on for my employees, minium wage, no matter what your qualifications are.
GNC needs to increase the pay rate to help employees make money for their hard work. Cut back on petty b.s. eg: thousands of price changes every month, planograms etc. Watch out for Loss Prevention and Regional Directors. The will fire you at a drop of a hat without notice or providing reason. They are quick to find the bad in you and your production, – more... but disregard and ignore you when it matters. You do however create amazing customer loyalty and friendships for life.....NOT by Upper Management!!!! – less
Love this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 28, 2014
I always end up back at gnc because its such a great company. Even they push for a lot of sales, they are very consistent at any store you go to, its pretty much the same treatment you will receive.
At store level
Consultant (Current Employee), Danville, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: employee discount is design to encource emlpoyess to use products
Cons: standing for hours on wood floors
The company does have great opportunities to advance within the company. At the store level, a person can make good money because of the promotional money and commission. Health and vacation benefit are not available for part time employees, and most employees are part time.
High sales expectations, low ceiling regarding advancement.
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJMarch 24, 2014
Pros: ability to easily double your wages with commision
Cons: as with many commision-oriented occupations, pay is inconsistent
- Each day you, along with your co-sales associates/managers, are tasked primarily with exceeding sales plan while maintaining Key Performance Indicators. In addition, there are daily operational tasks such as: planograms, product clean and rotations, and various other tasks to ensure model store standards.

- I was able to further refine my interpersonal – more... skills and body language literacy.

- I've noticed (for the specific region I worked in) that the processes of interviewing new candidates or promoting current employees are a bit informal. It was most definitely the least challenging interview I have been on. This could be attributed to hiring managers not going along with proper protocol as outlined in the manager training modules.

- All-in-all it is a very easy job. Some weekly manual labor is required to unload shipment, but outside of that, all sales, operational, and loss prevention concepts are very easy to grasp.

-The most enjoyable part of this job is having a customer give you positive feedback for the supplements you suggested. Most customers I deal with have little or no prior knowledge of supplements, and are essentially placing blind trust in my advice. Seeing that blind trust lead to better understanding of our products and attainment of their health and or fitness goals is definitely a powerful motivational force. – less
Manager / Associate (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: discounts to products
I was a Manager/Sales Associate at GNC. I had a great time at work converting with employees and customers about nutrition. Work consisted of customer interactions along with stock shelves and training new employees.
Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 21, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
I worked as a cashier selling nutritional supplements to people who were health conscious and wanted to stay in good, physical shape.
fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), san antonio txMarch 20, 2014
Great place, had great commission at the time. But company lacked enthusiasm to sell all products.
HEALTH
Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Iowa city iaMarch 19, 2014
Pros: relaxed
Cons: in a mall
Fun job.
Great customers!
Friendly Staff.
great pay incentive
Productive and Fun Work Place
Store Associate (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNMarch 18, 2014
GNC is a great place to work with those who care just as much about health and wellness as you do!
Awful place to work.
Sales associate- key holder (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, caMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free supplements sometimes. commission.
Cons: everything else.
When I started working here I was serious about working out and enjoyed nutrition and supplements.
If you are too this is not the place to go.
The entire job is sales, they only sell what is best for them (vitapaks, wheybolic extreme 60..Ect.)- they sell you what meets their goals instead of what best suits you individually.
I worked here for 2 years – more... and management let me know I was expendable the entire time. Turnover rate is fairly high. There is close to no training so if you're not knowledgable before being hired there's not much of a chance to keep your job. They won't work with you. – less
Very educational place to learn about fitness
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Claremore, OKMarch 16, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: pay
I learned the aspects about being fit and healthy and interpersonal skills
It was alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Downtown Plaza, SacramentoMarch 13, 2014
Pros: hourly plus commission
Cons: unfathomable boredom
A typical day at work was mainly standing around with fits of activity. There were some remedial tasks that needed to be done each day, and when a costumer came in there was always something to sell. Unfortunately, there was never enough tasks to fill a day and one could lose their mind such an inactive and solitary job. The management was under a delusional – more... impression that every costumer was interested in purchasing everything you introduced to them. The hardest part of the job was the inactivity. The most enjoyable part was learning about supplements and talking to costumers. – less
Learned a lot
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aurora,COMarch 13, 2014
Customer Service
I learned a lot.
I was not a manager.
Diverse individuals.
Very established company that most individuals have heard about. Strong customer base.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free products/ samples, well known established company
Cons: not very much growth potential for the skills i have
Review Resume

The typical day at work was managing all aspects of daily operations for the General Nutrition Center location. (Open to Close)
What I learned was extensive knowledge about supplements.
Management generally was very helpful, but with many policy changes.
Co-workers I generally managed, except for corporate visits to store. Most co-workers – more... were helpful, and generally had the best interest of the company.
The hardest part of the job was the policy changes, with all of the constant changes in daily operational updates, that seemed out of the norm.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the supplements. The uses and the customers feedback, being thanked for knowledge and recomendations. – less

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line. GNC Holdings operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more