GNC

GNC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall Bad Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2014
Self-serving managers, terrible pay for the amount of work you do, etc.
Healthy lifestyle
Manager and Sales (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: healthy lifestyle.
Cons: moved to many stores.
Good pay and benefits but expected ongoing education and hard work in both sales and store presentation.
Great way to make money
Sales (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 13, 2014
A normal day you'd see about 50 customers and try to sell them products that benefit there goals for a healthier lifestyle. I definitely learned how to convince people to buy products that i thought was best for them it helped with my confidence and my communications skill. There a lot of politics between management which made work a little uncomfortable – more... but it did help push us to take it the next level. My coworkers were great we did our best at keeping it as balanced as we could with customers depending on the day. The hardest part of the job was probably inventory because theres thousands of items so you have to learn where everything is and they all come in different shapes, sizes and brands. The most enjoyable part of the job is selling because it could help your paycheck by the end of the week. – less
Great way to make money
Sales (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 13, 2014
Great place
Fitness sales (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDDecember 11, 2014
Pros: great discount, great coworkers.
Cons: far away from my home
Arrive at work, look at the agenda, try to meet sales goals and clean the store accordingly.
GNC
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Butler, PADecember 11, 2014
Good company, had horrible store management in our location.
Learned about customer service and supplements
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2014
I learned a lot about customer service and supplements. The managers were ok.
Not Great Pay, but you can work up
Sales Manager (Former Employee), St Paul, MNDecember 2, 2014
If you want to be able to work up in the company this is a good job for you. only problem is that it takes quite a while to work up and pay isn't really that great.
Super fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Mishawaka, InDecember 2, 2014
Pros: customers, co-workers, overall experience
Cons: hours
My day was spent helping customers find the products they needed to stay or get healthy or in shape, doing pricing, mark downs, and setting up signage and products. I learned a lot about different kinds of supplements, herbs and what they do for you.

Management was great at GNC, they were so knowledgeable and helpful about any and everything. And my – more... co-workers were fun to work with and made the job so much more enjoyable.

The hardest part of my job was when people called off to work because as a manager I had to cover those shifts. And the most enjoyable part was talking and interacting with my customers and having them come in and ask for me by name. – less
NA
Manager (Current Employee), Riverbank, CaliforniaDecember 2, 2014
Typical day consists of paperwork, training employees on selling techniques, maintaining store appearance, answering phones assisting customers with health needs.
Good work environment if you are a student.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no benefits.
Good work environment, great for students. Flexible schedules, no long hours, and co workers all helped each other out.
GNC has it's up's and down's as any job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), West Springfield, MANovember 27, 2014
I'm looking to move on, for I have yet to advance, within the time I have devoted to GNC. But If your looking to start and want to better your communication skills this is one avenue. As an employee your forced to learn the products your selling to others.
Good Company but very poor balance between work and life.
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee), Minneapolis MNNovember 23, 2014
I have had many oppertunities with GNC and have met many great friends, but I would like to have a better balance between work and life. I have accomplished many things with GNC such as team building, delegation, project management and exceeding sales goals.
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 23, 2014
Pros: fun staff to work with, great employee discount
Cons: only full time positions for store managers and above, not very many opportunities to become a store manager
Overall a great company to work for. Works out better for college students or people with multiple part time jobs due to the fact the only way to have a full time job is to be a store manager or above.
Vitamin and Protein
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Westfield, MANovember 22, 2014
Pros: 20% off products and flexable schedules
Cons: keeping up with the goals they give you to reach at time can be stressful.
At GNC you were requried to sell certian items throughout the store. At times, it was very stressful, other times it was very easy because of the way you stopke and provided detailed information. The way to sell products to customers sometimes had them sold, even if the customer had no intentions of buy that item. The hardest part of the job was trying – more... to upsell a customer when they come in for one thing, and one thing only. I learned a lot of my knowledge from my co-workers and from my managers throughout traning. – less
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Navarre, FLNovember 21, 2014
 Primary responsibility was to meet monthly sale goals and assist customers;
 Upheld the stores cosmetics by constantly blocking and facing products
 Accepted, organized, and distributed incoming inventory.
 Maintained daily inventory logs accounting for store merchandise.
Good work life balance
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILNovember 21, 2014
The company is good woth providing the right balance of work and social life.
good
nutritional consultant (Former Employee), el paso txNovember 19, 2014
good, it was interesting and educational , work with customers and help them as well
Over worked, under paid
Store Manager - GNC (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: learn about nutrition
Cons: excessive work load, unpaid and under paid work
If you are looking for a part-time sales job, you won't make much money but your job is fairly easy. However, if you ever make the mistake of becoming management, you will be given more work than can be done within a scheduled week and not given enough employee hours to schedule the time to complete the work and they will not allow you to clock in overtime. – more... So you'll be in a catch-22 of either never having your work entirely completed and risking write-up or having to work illegal over time that you can't report or get compensation for having worked.
Also, they often "accidentally" forget to pay you commissions earned. GNC currently has multiple class action lawsuits against them for unpaid over time and for not paying commissions owed employees. – less
Sales Associate
DISTRICT MARKET MANAGER (Current Employee), North Carolina/ South CarolinaNovember 18, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: growth
Helping customers to live well. The management was great and helped in everyway and offered great support

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line. GNC Holdings operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more