GNC Employee Reviews in Canada

great knowledgement in nutrition
Sales Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 6, 2013
- help costumers with their daily needs in supplements
- I learned greatly in how to care one's self in terms of health and fitness
- great co-workers, enjoyable interactions
- learning new products and its benefits and able to share it with costumers
- able to meet new people
Pros
enjoyable workplace
Working with GNC.
Manager (Former Employee) –  100 Bayshore DriveDecember 9, 2013
My satisfaction came from long term clients and personal training clientele who came in to seek advice. Through their results I gained lifetime consumers. I took the managing position to keep the original staff. You're only as strong as your team. The hardest thing I had to deal with was with politics from the higher authority; because we are corporate, we need to hit certain standards, or stats I should say. GNC pushes GNC products although my research pointed at times to other ones, I hit the stats but gave my clients options. Being part of a Crew or should I say a team environment is what kept me going there. Not meaning the other stores but the particular one I was in charge of. When a corporation decides to compromise good customer service for their corporate gains-well let's just say that as an employee it's good as management, you get to see the real picture.
Pros
promotial money's were offered.
Cons
perfect standards were expected w/ minimal training.
consultant
Cashier (Current Employee) –  prince georgeFebruary 13, 2015
helped people with nutrition advice and was very attentive as a cashier, stock person, and consultant. overall, for a student, this is a wonderful job because there is flexible hours.
Good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 5, 2014
A typical day at work was basically attending to customers needs answering questions about products, Merchandising products and cleaning. Management was really good, understanding and easy to talk to. Great co-workers who help a lot!
Nice work environment with ample opportunity to extend your knowledge in the field of health products.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Customer service job that provided extensive GNC University training on the hundreds of different products including new and upcoming products available. We offer advice to customers on health regimes as well as products to enhance their workout. Handled large amounts of cash on a daily basis as well as basic accounting skills with balancing cash control at the beginning and end of each shift. There is daily goals that are required as well as basic cleaning, organizing, inventory, and expiry date checking of the products in the store. Management gives us tips and advice on ways to meet all required goals on a regular basis. We work independently as well as with co-workers for a portion of the shifts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset or agitated customers however I am usually able to diffuse most situations in a calm and professional manner. I enjoy being able to learn about new products on a daily basis.
The challenge day at work is how to receive shipment, block & face shelves
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 26, 2014
The challenge day at work is how to receive shipment, block & face shelves
Pros
good bonus
Cons
working on satusdays
love working with the public
Counter Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  amherst nsMay 23, 2012
awesome i love supplements and the atmosphere and working with the public
Nouveau départ
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Montreal,qcApril 10, 2013
Mon avis par rapport étaient valorisante , j'ai appris plusieurs choses sur l'entreprise , sur moi et sur la clientèle .J'ai aimé mon expérience au sei de cette entreprise mais il était d'un nouveaux départ pour moi
Pros
protéines à moitié prix
Cons
peu de client