GNC

GNC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company
Senior store manager (Current Employee), Midland, TXOctober 14, 2014
Health corporation that works hard for there employees. Salary should be more which would help change the ability of staff to not over sale certain items.
Pay
GNC as a sale associate (Former Employee), Evanston, WYOctober 13, 2014
I was doing a lot of wokr with very little pay and that wasn't enough to live off of. I was also being worked more hours than the manager and had to cover many of there shifts.
great place.
Store Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 11, 2014
I've been honored with many achievement awards throughout my career.
Great learning environment, and great sales experience.
Retail Salesperson (Current Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 8, 2014
Pros: the people.
Cons: being alone at work.
A typical day on the job is learning. You are always learning about the new things out there. I assure you that you will never have nothing to do. There is always something whether it is product rotation, shipment, or cleaning. I have learned about so many products and ingredients that I didn't know even existed before I started working here. The manger – more... that I have is one of the best people I have ever met, she is extremely understanding and gives you flexible hours based on your life schedule. There is never a dull moment with her. The hardest part of the job is remembering everything they want you to, but they will always remind you of what you can do better. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing customers come back who have reached there goal with the things I advised them to take. – less
Clean and orgonized enviroment
Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: amazing discounts on product
Cons: not much room for advancement and limited hours to work
On a typical day I sell roughly a thousand dollars worth of vitamins and supplements, keep in contact with my boss through out the day about daily operations, track daily sales, track inventory, track transactions for corporate audits, making sure all displays and merchandising is up to GNC corporate standards, and train and motivate staff to reach – more... necessary goals. I've learnt sales is all about making the customer comfortable with you and to build a solid clientele you need to establish a sense of trust between yourself and the customers. My biggest obstacle as a manager is managing employees. I try my best to treat everybody with respect, to not just be a boss but a leader. I would say the most challenging part of this job is the constant change. In a market where prices and product can change almost daily you must keep yourself and staff informed. If you don`t keep on your toes you could lose a bonus or a customer if you sell the wrong product on any given day. The three things I enjoy the most about my job is the challenge, employees, and the customers. The challenges that come with the job are enjoyable because you are never bored and always driven to do better each day, month, year. You are constantly striving to do better, which is something I can apply to all aspects of life. The employees love me as there manager so its very rewarding to hear they appreciate my leadership. Customers are what makes the job for me. I have met some really interesting people working for GNC. It`s very rewarding when a customer comes in and thanks you for your recommendation or calls the store and express their thanks about how helpful either me or the staff was to them. – less
Convenient hours and great customers
Store Manager (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: co-workers and hours
Cons: no breaks for 10 hours, upper level management, huge budget cuts
This company was a great entry-level management position. Unless you are a killer salesman you cannot advance in this company. The upper level management was inconsistent and did not treat employees fairly. My co-workers were fantastic! I always had a great day when I could collaborate with fellow store managers and associates.
Busy work, numbers based
Sales associate (Current Employee), Gateway MallOctober 2, 2014
Pros: 30 % discount
Cons: they pay minimum wage
I love what I do over all but I am tired of the busy work with little chance to move up and make more money.
Loved this company
STORE MANAGER-Fort Wayne (Former Employee), Huntington IndianaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: fun relaxed atmosphere, work at own pace, get job done and produce sales and left alone!
Cons: none except that dm
Great place to work. Fun, always learning, paid decent, great DM until she changed regions then the new one came in and soon I and others were gone. Now he is gone but too late for me.
Not a very busy place at all.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 30, 2014
I like the job but I am not trying to stay not enough hours store is not open too long and base of commission.
Great place to lean in progress with a healthy lifestyle
Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Montgomery, AlabamaSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: percent off on products.
Cons: not enough percent off.
GNC is a great place to work and lean great products if your looking to live or work healthy. There is a endless amount of products and information to be learned, but learning it is one of the hardest parts. There is a great amount of things in the products and knowing what customers can and can not have is knowing the products that your selling.
Fun
Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Learn about living a healthy life style and meet new people every day.
Enjoyable yet very productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free supplement samples
Cons: low pay
The coworkers are fun to work with and collaborate with. The management isn't too bad, although it could be improved slightly. I've learned a lot about nutrition and supplement ingredients.
Typical College job
Associate Sales Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, KYSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: people oriented store
Cons: asked to solicit, unproven, skeptical products that are forced by gnc, while most product mfg are in court litigation for liability claims.
Not a fan of policies and procedures.Management is very aggressive, unattainable goals are placed on you and commission is deleted from your sales of returns,.
Upbeat workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dunkirk, MarylandSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great structure
Cons: commissioned based
Hardest part of this job is selling the products to the customers and trying to educate them on health and wellness.
Upper Management really lowers the rating.
NUTRITION CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Findlay, OhioSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good commission if you earn it
Cons: upper management
Working for GNC was a fine experience until the Regional Sales Director came in and decided to pull his usual power trip with the associates. i voiced my displeasure with him to multiple people and it ended up with him treating my store poorly and essentially driving me away. My immediate superior was a good guy until he decided to have my back one – more... minute until the RSD confronted him and he sided with him. i was in the top 5% in terms of sales (usually between 5th-8th out of 167 employees) i rocked it in terms of commission but apparently that doesnt matter to them, unless you happen to work at the lima store. – less
Great Entry Level Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee), ModestoSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: minimal knowledge of supplements needed, does offer commission on certain products, can advance
Cons: sales goals are difficult
Although sales competitiveness and daily sales goals are quite difficult to achieve, it is a great company to learn sales, retail, and health supplements. If you are knowledgeable of supplements, maybe GNC is not the best place for you, rather if you enjoy sales and finding ways to advance this company is for you.
High emphasis on selling but inadequate compensation.
Assistant Manager, Sports Nutrition (Former Employee), OhioSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: commision can get you 18 an hour or so
Cons: little room for advancement
Major disconnect from corporate to the actual sales expireince. Poor training and pay.
AMAZING WORKPLACE AND SUPERVISOR/OWNER
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great bosses, it is easy to work for someone that is amazing!
GNC is an AMAZING company to work for. Especially the managers, are AMAZING! GREAT PRODUCTS AND GREAT PEOPLE! 5 stars ALL AROUND!
Love to sell
Manager SSM (Current Employee), Cape Coral, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: get to choose when i work
Cons: communication with corporate is impossible
I love to be able to help people
I enjoy working with my staff
fun environment
Learn about all new products
GNC
Nutritionist (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 15, 2014
This position is what developed my interest in the healthcare field. I enjoyed this position and working for the company.

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line.¬†GNC Holdings¬†operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more