GNC Employee Reviews

consultant
Cashier (Current Employee) –  prince george13 February 2015
helped people with nutrition advice and was very attentive as a cashier, stock person, and consultant. overall, for a student, this is a wonderful job because there is flexible hours.
Productive Environment
RETAIL SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 February 2015
Basically dealing with customers on a daily basis, cleaning and dusting the store as well as facing our products. as it was a passion of mine i could it very easy to explain to customers what the best products where for their specific goals, needs and wants. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
Good place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2015
The pay wasn't what I desired, but the owner is a really great lady who is both trusting and friendly. Located in Marlborough Mall, I suggest anyone who wants insight into better living to drop by.
Pros
Great location, Great owner
Cons
Pay was too low
Start of my career
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2014
The pay plan was commission based which I found out is the perfect thing for me. The manager there was the best I ever had and helped me start my career in sales
Nice work environment with ample opportunity to extend your knowledge in the field of health products.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham, ON8 September 2014
Customer service job that provided extensive GNC University training on the hundreds of different products including new and upcoming products available. We offer advice to customers on health regimes as well as products to enhance their workout. Handled large amounts of cash on a daily basis as well as basic accounting skills with balancing cash control at the beginning and end of each shift. There is daily goals that are required as well as basic cleaning, organizing, inventory, and expiry date checking of the products in the store. Management gives us tips and advice on ways to meet all required goals on a regular basis. We work independently as well as with co-workers for a portion of the shifts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset or agitated customers however I am usually able to diffuse most situations in a calm and professional manner. I enjoy being able to learn about new products on a daily basis.
Great Place to Work!
GNC Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 August 2014
Being able to work for a company who is recognized all around the world was amazing. One of the best things that I was able to do was communicate with the customers, and express my advice and concern to each costumer. Health & Fitness is something that has been in my life since I was a little kid. I unfortunately couldn't get much experience at GNC because I had to leave due to personal reasons. But, talking Health & Fitness with customers is a great way to make a living!
The challenge day at work is how to receive shipment, block & face shelves
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2014
The challenge day at work is how to receive shipment, block & face shelves
Pros
good bonus
Cons
working on satusdays
fun and exiting workplace
Franchise (Current Employee) –  North York, ON23 April 2014
Head Pharmacist
Hiring/ firing
performance reviews
inventory control
productivity
scheduling
working along with other departments
dispensing meds & counselling patients
Cross training staff members within the same store
Working within parameter of budget ( wages & expenses )
Pros
celebrating success
Cons
High traffic
Time theft, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 April 2014
This is the worst job to work at, your hard work is not appreciated the moment your sales go down. You are automatically threatened with getting your hours cut or even losing your job. Corporate is always breathing down your managers neck, causing your manager to constantly reem you out. Worst work environment to work at. STAY AWAY.

The only good thing about this job was that I met amazing people and developed my social skills. Learning about health and fitness was the best thing I could have done. It's too bad the people up above don't know how to keep their employees happy.
Pros
high comission
Cons
bad management, corrupt, time theft, no loyalty
Good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 April 2014
A typical day at work was basically attending to customers needs answering questions about products, Merchandising products and cleaning. Management was really good, understanding and easy to talk to. Great co-workers who help a lot!
----
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2014
Sales job, learned how to communicate with a variety of different individuals, management is very fair, co-workers are great and help make an upbeat environment.
Great place to develop interpersonal skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario27 December 2013
This is a great part-time job where each day I encounter different types of people that challenge me to think critically in an instant. Management is very fair and gives hours based on individual performance. The hardest part of the job is meeting sales targets on days that are not very busy.
Pros
Learning how to deal with all types of individuals
Working with GNC.
Manager (Former Employee) –  100 Bayshore Drive9 December 2013
My satisfaction came from long term clients and personal training clientele who came in to seek advice. Through their results I gained lifetime consumers. I took the managing position to keep the original staff. You're only as strong as your team. The hardest thing I had to deal with was with politics from the higher authority; because we are corporate, we need to hit certain standards, or stats I should say. GNC pushes GNC products although my research pointed at times to other ones, I hit the stats but gave my clients options. Being part of a Crew or should I say a team environment is what kept me going there. Not meaning the other stores but the particular one I was in charge of. When a corporation decides to compromise good customer service for their corporate gains-well let's just say that as an employee it's good as management, you get to see the real picture.
Pros
Promotial Money's were offered.
Cons
Perfect standards were expected w/ minimal training.
FUN
SALE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  BRAMPTON26 October 2013
NICE PLACE TO WORK ,BUSY AND LOT OF WORK ,BUT NOT MANY HOURS. GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE
Pros
BREAK
Cons
SHORT HOURS
GNC Live Well
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough6 August 2013
GNC is a very friendly and healthy environment filled with great people. My boss is always available and goes above and beyond the call of duty. My team is reliable and hardworking and fun to be around.
A fast pace, informative environment with many opportunites to learn.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Novato, CA9 July 2013
In my current position, a balance must be maintained between sales and management. While being responsible for personal as well as over all sales, I am also responsible for the focus and direction of the sales to meet company goals. This requires proper training and education of all employees, as well as retraining for new products and promotions. The sales floor merchandising and sales promotions are continually changing which requires great organizational skills. There is also a large amount of training material and product information that must be kept up to date, organized and readily accessible. There are many other aspects, such as communication and creating a clean and inviting environment, that make up the fast pace day to day operations at my current position.
Pros
Great discount on products.
great knowledgement in nutrition
Sales Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON6 April 2013
- help costumers with their daily needs in supplements
- I learned greatly in how to care one's self in terms of health and fitness
- great co-workers, enjoyable interactions
- learning new products and its benefits and able to share it with costumers
- able to meet new people
Pros
enjoyable workplace
great chance to make money but terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2013
worked for two years as a sales associate, but managers changed three times while i was there. Two were terrible and whoever hired them obviously didnt know what they were doing. The only good manager we had stuck around for a month before he was promoted. Constant head butting with the manager made a bunch of us quit, turnover rate is ridiculous at small locations.
Pros
great comission, great place to work if you like fitness/nutrition
Cons
poor structure and management, treated sales reps like disposable items
Excellent part-time job when also going to school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 November 2012
Provide courteous, professional customer service when promoting products and services.
Conversing with customers on what they would like to do with regards to working out and having a healthier life. Steer them towards a path that will help them accomplish those goals.
There were few other co-workers which was good at establishing friendships within the workplace.
The hardest part of the job would be that there were times where you would be the only one working, and when the store would get busy it would be a challenge to handle all priorities.
Pros
opportunity for commission
Cons
balancing school with work
Enjoyed working with the associates at this location.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 June 2012
Assisted customers in need of herbal products, to obtain their goals. Was trained in various levels of digestive health, and completed GNC University, class 1 The Nutrients. Management was good to the employees at this site, allowing them the freedom to do their jobs correctly. Enjoyed working as a team with other associates or independently. The hardest part of the job, was multitasking, weather dealing with customer, relining the store, dusting and basic merchandising, along with daily emails and other management assignments. The most enjoyable part was seeing a customer go away with a smile on their face, completely happy with their choices and experience within the store, and knowing that you would see a happy customer again.