GNC Employee Reviews

Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
GNC is a good company.

but you can't really make a career out of it. I would recommend to a friend. It is the perfect job for a student. Working with protein powder is a must for any meat head.
Good for university students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 February 2017
Great job for students. Flexible hours and good pay. I learned a lot about the retail business, and even more about the supplement industry .
Lacks Stability
Sales Associate - Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2017
The upper management lacks direction which creates so many changes on a monthly basis to price and visual merch. which is not great for customers.
Easy going atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 December 2016
Typical day included opening the store, greeting customers, giving advice on products and meeting sales targets. Co workers were helpful, the hardest part of the job was grasping product knowledge.
Money Hungry
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 November 2016
GNC is, was and has always been a money hungry establishment that doesnt care about their employees or customers. They are more concerned with selling a GNC product that they want their employees to lie to customers. If you do actually help the customer with sound, educated advice and recommend something not GNC product, you get a backlash from management.
Pros
Commission in some stores
Cons
Everything else
Great money and meeting alot of famous trainers and ex WWE stars
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2016
loved working there. but I really didn't like how to management operates.. don't sell and you get threatened to be fired.

but overall a great job with many opportunities and travel to different GNCs if you get into management. a lot of free perks too!
Pros
free pre workout and protein etc.
Cons
management forces you to sell GNC products
Fun place to learn about active lifestyle
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 October 2016
Exciting place to work at if you're interested in body building and learning to live an active life. They offer incentive such as commission base on your sales, employee on products they carry, as well as learning new Vitamins and supplements.
Pros
Bonus, and commission
Cons
Shift work
If you into fitness this is it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 September 2016
great job, learned a lot about the human body and advanced how I could gain weight overly well. it was a fun place to work if you don't mind dealing with people and stock
Pros
discount
Cons
bad wage
Fitness related
Sales specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 June 2016
I enjoy working at GNC as it enables me to use my knowledge on supplements, fitness and leading a healthy lifestyle in order to help others.
Fun place to work, but training isn't done well
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 May 2016
work is decently easy and enjoyable
management isn't trained and is highly uneducated
customers are amazing and love hearing how much knowledge you might have
Pros
The job was easy and straight forward
Cons
Management was awful- they don't train the managers
Great employment
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS1 May 2016
lots of ways to make extra money with commission as well as getting an hourly pay. job has much to do but tends to have time periods were you are left standing doing nothing.
Pros
great hours
Cons
lots of quiet periods
Informative Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 April 2016
Lots to learn working at GNC. Great working with like-minded people ! I look forward to more time working here ! I've forwarded my own health since I've started.
Overall great experience, serious scare tactics from upper management.
Customer Service Rep & Part-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 March 2016
Great money available, yet strict sales goals and commission infused paychecks. Upper management sales & scare tactics trickle down and undermine the younger employees at times.
This was a good icebreaker
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2016
This job was my first job and taught me a lot about the responsibilities that a job comes with. I had to learn a lot of new things in a short period of time. Overall this was a fun experience.
rewarding and informative workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2016
In this position I have learned a great deal about nutrition and overall body composition, A typical day at work consists of customers coming first and helping them to buy the supplements to achieve their personal goals. In between will be paperwork and store ops ( cleaning, ordering and scheduling). Overall this has been the best place for me to gain experience in managerial skills and organizational skills. The hardest part of my job currently is work life balance. The most enjoyable is most definitely the customer interaction. I come across all types of people everyday, and i really enjoy the ability to help them achieve their goals... and then to see them come back time and again and seeing the goals accomplished with my own eyes.
Enjoyable customer interaction with generous commission
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON4 March 2016
Fun workplace with like-minded health-conscious coworkers who genuinely want to help all customers that enter the store.
Healthy day to day challenges
SALES ASSOCTIATE (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 February 2016
Managing GNC.ca webstore

Learned interpersonal and communication skills required in order to be a successful salesman

Co-workers were always professional and eager to learn

Most enjoyable part of the job is when successfully helping a customer reach his or her goals via nutritional supplementation.
Great workplace but with a large focus on making as much profit as possible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 December 2015
A typical day at work would involve making sure all of the shelves are presentable and clean while helping all customers find the specific product for their needs.
I learned how to ask the right questions to be able to pick the best product fort he customer so they do not buy the wrong item.
All of my coworkers were extremely outgoing and nice people who focused on helping a customer in the best way they could.
The hardest part about the job was the companies extreme focus on selling as many products to a single person as possible. This caused every employee to be rated upon how many items they sold and how much profit they gave the company. This was hard for me to deal with as it felt unethical to me to attempt to sell someone a product that I know they do not need nor want. I was reprimanded many times by my manager for my lack of up selling products.
Pros
Interacting with customers on a regular basis
Cons
The focus on profit and not customer service
Encouraging,
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga and Etobicoke, ON15 October 2015
My time with GNC was a good one. I rose from sales associate to manager in less than a year. The company, and more specifically my regional sales manager, really took me under their wings to hone my skills and instill a great deal of confidence in my managerial abilities.

I managed at 2 stores over the span of just over 2 years, and in the end, opted to try schooling in the health field.
Pros
Meeting tonnes of great customers and being able to impart my knowledge, helping them make wiser choices in regards to their health.
Cons
Split weekends and scheduling issues made it difficult to schedule things outside of work
Nutrition benifits your lifestyle
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 September 2015
Health and nutrition product knowledge. Assiting Customers with advice and nutrition facts to help with their lifetime goals.
Pros
Earned Commisions on sales
Cons
No promotion within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GNC. Our community is ready to answer.