GNC Employee Reviews

good company
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON5 June 2017
good company to work for young energetic staff i liked to work out and use the products sold their and so did mostly everyone that worked there. just wasn't enough money for my lifestyle.
Pros
flexible hours
Relaxed Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 May 2017
Perfect place for a students to work , flexible hours , great place to learn gain knowledge from team members and customers. Overall perfect for somone looking for part time work.
Pros
Commission
Cons
demanding to hit your daily targets
great place
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
the vibe of this place is great and we are like a little family working all together in order to give the best to our clients. The commission are also a great asset to this job.
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
GNC is a good company.

but you can't really make a career out of it. I would recommend to a friend. It is the perfect job for a student. Working with protein powder is a must for any meat head.
Good for university students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 February 2017
Great job for students. Flexible hours and good pay. I learned a lot about the retail business, and even more about the supplement industry .
Lacks Stability
Sales Associate - Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2017
The upper management lacks direction which creates so many changes on a monthly basis to price and visual merch. which is not great for customers.
Easy going atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 December 2016
Typical day included opening the store, greeting customers, giving advice on products and meeting sales targets. Co workers were helpful, the hardest part of the job was grasping product knowledge.
Money Hungry
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 November 2016
GNC is, was and has always been a money hungry establishment that doesnt care about their employees or customers. They are more concerned with selling a GNC product that they want their employees to lie to customers. If you do actually help the customer with sound, educated advice and recommend something not GNC product, you get a backlash from management.
Pros
Commission in some stores
Cons
Everything else
Great money and meeting alot of famous trainers and ex WWE stars
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2016
loved working there. but I really didn't like how to management operates.. don't sell and you get threatened to be fired.

but overall a great job with many opportunities and travel to different GNCs if you get into management. a lot of free perks too!
Pros
free pre workout and protein etc.
Cons
management forces you to sell GNC products
Fun place to learn about active lifestyle
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 October 2016
Exciting place to work at if you're interested in body building and learning to live an active life. They offer incentive such as commission base on your sales, employee on products they carry, as well as learning new Vitamins and supplements.
Pros
Bonus, and commission
Cons
Shift work
If you into fitness this is it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 September 2016
great job, learned a lot about the human body and advanced how I could gain weight overly well. it was a fun place to work if you don't mind dealing with people and stock
Pros
discount
Cons
bad wage
Fitness related
Sales specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 June 2016
I enjoy working at GNC as it enables me to use my knowledge on supplements, fitness and leading a healthy lifestyle in order to help others.
Fun place to work, but training isn't done well
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 May 2016
work is decently easy and enjoyable
management isn't trained and is highly uneducated
customers are amazing and love hearing how much knowledge you might have
Pros
The job was easy and straight forward
Cons
Management was awful- they don't train the managers
Great employment
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS1 May 2016
lots of ways to make extra money with commission as well as getting an hourly pay. job has much to do but tends to have time periods were you are left standing doing nothing.
Pros
great hours
Cons
lots of quiet periods
Informative Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 April 2016
Lots to learn working at GNC. Great working with like-minded people ! I look forward to more time working here ! I've forwarded my own health since I've started.
Overall great experience, serious scare tactics from upper management.
Customer Service Rep & Part-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 March 2016
Great money available, yet strict sales goals and commission infused paychecks. Upper management sales & scare tactics trickle down and undermine the younger employees at times.
This was a good icebreaker
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2016
This job was my first job and taught me a lot about the responsibilities that a job comes with. I had to learn a lot of new things in a short period of time. Overall this was a fun experience.
rewarding and informative workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2016
In this position I have learned a great deal about nutrition and overall body composition, A typical day at work consists of customers coming first and helping them to buy the supplements to achieve their personal goals. In between will be paperwork and store ops ( cleaning, ordering and scheduling). Overall this has been the best place for me to gain experience in managerial skills and organizational skills. The hardest part of my job currently is work life balance. The most enjoyable is most definitely the customer interaction. I come across all types of people everyday, and i really enjoy the ability to help them achieve their goals... and then to see them come back time and again and seeing the goals accomplished with my own eyes.
Enjoyable customer interaction with generous commission
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON4 March 2016
Fun workplace with like-minded health-conscious coworkers who genuinely want to help all customers that enter the store.
Healthy day to day challenges
SALES ASSOCTIATE (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 February 2016
Managing GNC.ca webstore

Learned interpersonal and communication skills required in order to be a successful salesman

Co-workers were always professional and eager to learn

Most enjoyable part of the job is when successfully helping a customer reach his or her goals via nutritional supplementation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GNC. Our community is ready to answer.