GNC

GNC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and exciting workplace
Salesman (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 27, 2015
Pros: Every day brought new challenges, had the chance to meet new people and everyday was a new experience
GNC was a great experience , I was fortunate to be part of a focused and driven team. The company had plenty of different activities set in place to improve costumer and employee interactions. GNC invested a lot into me from one on one manger training to online programs that expanded our knowledge on the company and its products. Overall it was a great experience that helped me a lot to improve on my many skills.
The management was poor and needed work.
Employee (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 2, 2015
Cons: Boring
Overall an okay job for a highschool student, not enough management as four stores had two managers. I helped customers, stocked shelves, told about the products and what they did.
consultant
Cashier (Current Employee), prince georgeFebruary 13, 2015
helped people with nutrition advice and was very attentive as a cashier, stock person, and consultant. overall, for a student, this is a wonderful job because there is flexible hours.
Productive Environment
RETAIL SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Basically dealing with customers on a daily basis, cleaning and dusting the store as well as facing our products. as it was a passion of mine i could it very easy to explain to customers what the best products where for their specific goals, needs and wants. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
Good place
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great location, great owner
Cons: pay was too low
The pay wasn't what I desired, but the owner is a really great lady who is both trusting and friendly. Located in Marlborough Mall, I suggest anyone who wants insight into better living to drop by.
Nice work environment with ample opportunity to extend your knowledge in the field of health products.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chatham, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Customer service job that provided extensive GNC University training on the hundreds of different products including new and upcoming products available. We offer advice to customers on health regimes as well as products to enhance their workout. Handled large amounts of cash on a daily basis as well as basic accounting skills with balancing cash control at the beginning and end of each shift. There is daily goals that are required as well as basic cleaning, organizing, inventory, and expiry date checking of the products in the store. Management gives us tips and advice on ways to meet all required goals on a regular basis. We work independently as well as with co-workers for a portion of the shifts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset or agitated customers however I am usually able to diffuse most situations in a calm and professional manner. I enjoy being able to learn about new products on a daily basis.
Great Place to Work!
GNC Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 29, 2014
Being able to work for a company who is recognized all around the world was amazing. One of the best things that I was able to do was communicate with the customers, and express my advice and concern to each costumer. Health & Fitness is something that has been in my life since I was a little kid. I unfortunately couldn't get much experience at GNC because I had to leave due to personal reasons. But, talking Health & Fitness with customers is a great way to make a living!
The challenge day at work is how to receive shipment, block & face shelves
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 26, 2014
Pros: good bonus
Cons: working on satusdays
The challenge day at work is how to receive shipment, block & face shelves
fun and exiting workplace
Franchise (Current Employee), North York, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: celebrating success
Cons: high traffic
Head Pharmacist
Hiring/ firing
performance reviews
inventory control
productivity
scheduling
working along with other departments
dispensing meds & counselling patients
Cross training staff members within the same store
Working within parameter of budget ( wages & expenses )
Time theft, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 23, 2014
Pros: high comission
Cons: bad management, corrupt, time theft, no loyalty
This is the worst job to work at, your hard work is not appreciated the moment your sales go down. You are automatically threatened with getting your hours cut or even losing your job. Corporate is always breathing down your managers neck, causing your manager to constantly reem you out. Worst work environment to work at. STAY AWAY.

The only good thing about this job was that I met amazing people and developed my social skills. Learning about health and fitness was the best thing I could have done. It's too bad the people up above don't know how to keep their employees happy.
Good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pickering, ONApril 5, 2014
A typical day at work was basically attending to customers needs answering questions about products, Merchandising products and cleaning. Management was really good, understanding and easy to talk to. Great co-workers who help a lot!
Great job, just looking for a change.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 30, 2014
Great job, just wasn't what I wanted career wise. .................................................................................................................
Great place to develop interpersonal skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioDecember 27, 2013
Pros: learning how to deal with all types of individuals
This is a great part-time job where each day I encounter different types of people that challenge me to think critically in an instant. Management is very fair and gives hours based on individual performance. The hardest part of the job is meeting sales targets on days that are not very busy.
Working with GNC.
Manager (Former Employee), 100 Bayshore DriveDecember 9, 2013
Pros: promotial money's were offered.
Cons: perfect standards were expected w/ minimal training.
My satisfaction came from long term clients and personal training clientele who came in to seek advice. Through their results I gained lifetime consumers. I took the managing position to keep the original staff. You're only as strong as your team. The hardest thing I had to deal with was with politics from the higher authority; because we are corporate, we need to hit certain standards, or stats I should say. GNC pushes GNC products although my research pointed at times to other ones, I hit the stats but gave my clients options. Being part of a Crew or should I say a team environment is what kept me going there. Not meaning the other stores but the particular one I was in charge of. When a corporation decides to compromise good customer service for their corporate gains-well let's just say that as an employee it's good as management, you get to see the real picture.
A fast pace, informative environment with many opportunites to learn.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Novato, CAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great discount on products.
In my current position, a balance must be maintained between sales and management. While being responsible for personal as well as over all sales, I am also responsible for the focus and direction of the sales to meet company goals. This requires proper training and education of all employees, as well as retraining for new products and promotions. The sales floor merchandising and sales promotions are continually changing which requires great organizational skills. There is also a large amount of training material and product information that must be kept up to date, organized and readily accessible. There are many other aspects, such as communication and creating a clean and inviting environment, that make up the fast pace day to day operations at my current position.
great knowledgement in nutrition
Sales Key Holder (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 6, 2013
Pros: enjoyable workplace
- help costumers with their daily needs in supplements
- I learned greatly in how to care one's self in terms of health and fitness
- great co-workers, enjoyable interactions
- learning new products and its benefits and able to share it with costumers
- able to meet new people
great chance to make money but terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: great comission, great place to work if you like fitness/nutrition
Cons: poor structure and management, treated sales reps like disposable items
worked for two years as a sales associate, but managers changed three times while i was there. Two were terrible and whoever hired them obviously didnt know what they were doing. The only good manager we had stuck around for a month before he was promoted. Constant head butting with the manager made a bunch of us quit, turnover rate is ridiculous at small locations.
Excellent part-time job when also going to school
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Bay, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: opportunity for commission
Cons: balancing school with work
Provide courteous, professional customer service when promoting products and services.
Conversing with customers on what they would like to do with regards to working out and having a healthier life. Steer them towards a path that will help them accomplish those goals.
There were few other co-workers which was good at establishing friendships within the workplace.
The hardest part of the job would be that there were times where you would be the only one working, and when the store would get busy it would be a challenge to handle all priorities.
Enjoyed working with the associates at this location.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJune 13, 2012
Assisted customers in need of herbal products, to obtain their goals. Was trained in various levels of digestive health, and completed GNC University, class 1 The Nutrients. Management was good to the employees at this site, allowing them the freedom to do their jobs correctly. Enjoyed working as a team with other associates or independently. The hardest part of the job, was multitasking, weather dealing with customer, relining the store, dusting and basic merchandising, along with daily emails and other management assignments. The most enjoyable part was seeing a customer go away with a smile on their face, completely happy with their choices and experience within the store, and knowing that you would see a happy customer again.
love working with the public
Counter Sales Rep (Former Employee), amherst nsMay 23, 2012
awesome i love supplements and the atmosphere and working with the public

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line. GNC Holdings operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more