GNC

GNC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice work environment with ample opportunity to extend your knowledge in the field of health products.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chatham, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Customer service job that provided extensive GNC University training on the hundreds of different products including new and upcoming products available. We offer advice to customers on health regimes as well as products to enhance their workout. Handled large amounts of cash on a daily basis as well as basic accounting skills with balancing cash control at the beginning and end of each shift. There is daily goals that are required as well as basic cleaning, organizing, inventory, and expiry date checking of the products in the store. Management gives us tips and advice on ways to meet all required goals on a regular basis. We work independently as well as with co-workers for a portion of the shifts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset or agitated customers however I am usually able to diffuse most situations in a calm and professional manner. I enjoy being able to learn about new products on a daily basis.
Great Place to Work!
GNC Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 29, 2014
Being able to work for a company who is recognized all around the world was amazing. One of the best things that I was able to do was communicate with the customers, and express my advice and concern to each costumer. Health & Fitness is something that has been in my life since I was a little kid. I unfortunately couldn't get much experience at GNC because I had to leave due to personal reasons. But, talking Health & Fitness with customers is a great way to make a living!
The challenge day at work is how to receive shipment, block & face shelves
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 26, 2014
Pros: good bonus
Cons: working on satusdays
The challenge day at work is how to receive shipment, block & face shelves
fun and exiting workplace
Franchise (Current Employee), North York, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: celebrating success
Cons: high traffic
Head Pharmacist
Hiring/ firing
performance reviews
inventory control
productivity
scheduling
working along with other departments
dispensing meds & counselling patients
Cross training staff members within the same store
Working within parameter of budget ( wages & expenses )
Time theft, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 23, 2014
Pros: high comission
Cons: bad management, corrupt, time theft, no loyalty
This is the worst job to work at, your hard work is not appreciated the moment your sales go down. You are automatically threatened with getting your hours cut or even losing your job. Corporate is always breathing down your managers neck, causing your manager to constantly reem you out. Worst work environment to work at. STAY AWAY.

The only good thing about this job was that I met amazing people and developed my social skills. Learning about health and fitness was the best thing I could have done. It's too bad the people up above don't know how to keep their employees happy.
Good job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pickering, ONApril 5, 2014
A typical day at work was basically attending to customers needs answering questions about products, Merchandising products and cleaning. Management was really good, understanding and easy to talk to. Great co-workers who help a lot!
Great job, just looking for a change.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 30, 2014
Great job, just wasn't what I wanted career wise. .................................................................................................................
Great place to develop interpersonal skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioDecember 27, 2013
Pros: learning how to deal with all types of individuals
This is a great part-time job where each day I encounter different types of people that challenge me to think critically in an instant. Management is very fair and gives hours based on individual performance. The hardest part of the job is meeting sales targets on days that are not very busy.
Working with GNC.
Manager (Former Employee), 100 Bayshore DriveDecember 9, 2013
Pros: promotial money's were offered.
Cons: perfect standards were expected w/ minimal training.
My satisfaction came from long term clients and personal training clientele who came in to seek advice. Through their results I gained lifetime consumers. I took the managing position to keep the original staff. You're only as strong as your team. The hardest thing I had to deal with was with politics from the higher authority; because we are corporate, we need to hit certain standards, or stats I should say. GNC pushes GNC products although my research pointed at times to other ones, I hit the stats but gave my clients options. Being part of a Crew or should I say a team environment is what kept me going there. Not meaning the other stores but the particular one I was in charge of. When a corporation decides to compromise good customer service for their corporate gains-well let's just say that as an employee it's good as management, you get to see the real picture.
A fast pace, informative environment with many opportunites to learn.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Novato, CAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great discount on products.
In my current position, a balance must be maintained between sales and management. While being responsible for personal as well as over all sales, I am also responsible for the focus and direction of the sales to meet company goals. This requires proper training and education of all employees, as well as retraining for new products and promotions. The sales floor merchandising and sales promotions are continually changing which requires great organizational skills. There is also a large amount of training material and product information that must be kept up to date, organized and readily accessible. There are many other aspects, such as communication and creating a clean and inviting environment, that make up the fast pace day to day operations at my current position.
great knowledgement in nutrition
Sales Key Holder (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 6, 2013
Pros: enjoyable workplace
- help costumers with their daily needs in supplements
- I learned greatly in how to care one's self in terms of health and fitness
- great co-workers, enjoyable interactions
- learning new products and its benefits and able to share it with costumers
- able to meet new people
great chance to make money but terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: great comission, great place to work if you like fitness/nutrition
Cons: poor structure and management, treated sales reps like disposable items
worked for two years as a sales associate, but managers changed three times while i was there. Two were terrible and whoever hired them obviously didnt know what they were doing. The only good manager we had stuck around for a month before he was promoted. Constant head butting with the manager made a bunch of us quit, turnover rate is ridiculous at small locations.
Excellent part-time job when also going to school
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Bay, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: opportunity for commission
Cons: balancing school with work
Provide courteous, professional customer service when promoting products and services.
Conversing with customers on what they would like to do with regards to working out and having a healthier life. Steer them towards a path that will help them accomplish those goals.
There were few other co-workers which was good at establishing friendships within the workplace.
The hardest part of the job would be that there were times where you would be the only one working, and when the store would get busy it would be a challenge to handle all priorities.
Enjoyed working with the associates at this location.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJune 13, 2012
Assisted customers in need of herbal products, to obtain their goals. Was trained in various levels of digestive health, and completed GNC University, class 1 The Nutrients. Management was good to the employees at this site, allowing them the freedom to do their jobs correctly. Enjoyed working as a team with other associates or independently. The hardest part of the job, was multitasking, weather dealing with customer, relining the store, dusting and basic merchandising, along with daily emails and other management assignments. The most enjoyable part was seeing a customer go away with a smile on their face, completely happy with their choices and experience within the store, and knowing that you would see a happy customer again.
love working with the public
Counter Sales Rep (Former Employee), amherst nsMay 23, 2012
awesome i love supplements and the atmosphere and working with the public
Sales job where you have to put the company's ideas before the customer's needs.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 15, 2012
Pros: enjoyable, social environment
Cons: sales quotas
Great place to work. Talking with customers was fun and enjoyable. However, the company had stats to be met for selling specific products that didn't always match up with what a customer may need. This creates issues between selling what the person needs and what the company feels they should buy.
I learned a lot about the types of products and how they can aid in people's health. Co-workers were fine, it's always a toss-up, but most of the time I was on my own anyway.
GNC places too much importance on stats. Get rid of the stats and sell what the customer needs and this job is perfect, but until then, it's not quite there.
Great Place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 15, 2011
GNC was my favorite job. It had to living a healthier life and i enjoyed the people i worked with. It was indeed a pleasant workplace. The scheduling was great because it worked with my lifestyle and there was enough shifts all the time. I liked what i was doing and the products i was selling therefor related to them better and was a great sales person. I enjoyed working here and would work there again anytime. I recommend GNC to everyone. It truly changed my life
Good Part Time Employment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: employee discount, pay is hourly + commission
Cons: no breaks, only employee in store, not much opportunity for promotion in local area, only part-time option, no benefits
A typical day at GNC is spent giving excellent customer service and nutritional advice, information and sales. I've learned a lot of sports and wellness nutrition information and the best supplements to help different customers to achieve different goals. Both co-workers and management are hardworking, encouraging and are there to help when ever it is needed. The hardest part of this job is when you give advice to customers and they don't listen, do their own thing and don't end up with the results they want then come back and ask for the same advice again. That can be a little frustrating. You can't really say "I told you so" all you can do is provide the same great customer service you did before and encourage them to take your advice and try certain products to meet their goals again. Most enjoyable part has to be by far giving nutritional advice and seeing your customers return with marked improvement and the results they were looking for with smiles on their faces.
Was a Awesome place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pennsville, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: positive workplace
Cons: none really
This was by far the Best Job I have ever held. I worked for 3 and a half years as a Sales Associate for General Nutrition Center and enjoyed every minute of it. I loved helping people out and not only showing them Vitamins that were inline with there Health concerns but also informed them on what they were taking and what the Positive effects are of that substance. I worked by myself which was a plus having a lot of down time to study the product and think alone which was not bad. I had duties of maintaining a clean store and reorganizing monthly to how Corporate wanted it. I also helped train others who were hired and showed them ways to improve there sales. The reason I departed was due to the economy crisis in 09. My hours like others were cut in half and so was Commission, which made it impossible to work.
exciting experience
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), newbury park, ca 91320January 21, 2015
Once I clock in I take care of any tasks my manager has for me, and in the mean time help customers with teaching and educating them on nutrition and supplements and help them become a better them through the supplementation. I learned a lot about nutrition and supplementation, what certain products and ingredients do to ones body. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a person transform from the recommendations I have recommended for them

1 2 3 4 5

About GNC

What's good for the GNC customer is great for the company's bottom line. GNC Holdings operates the world's leading nutritional-supplements – Read more