GNC Employee Reviews

Job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2017
Selling health products and educating customers on which products are best for their needs. Also learning about what products can benefit one person. Another plus side you receive samples from companies as well 10% discount on all products in stores.
Relaxed with great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON11 November 2017
I loved this job.
Fair hours and wages. Rewards for good work.
Very teamwork driven and close community.
Very lenient for time off and shift switches.
Pros
Paid on commission
Cons
Working alone
great place to work but.....
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 October 2017
Working at GNC has its perks. You earned pay plus commission, the employees were great and there was dinners hosted by supplement companies. I learned a great deal at GNC with regards to product training and I had a dedicated customer base The hours were flexible when I was in school
Pros
flexible
Cons
shifts were mostly evenings/weekends, high pressure sales environment
Excellent products and training.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON1 October 2017
Great working with people that share the same desire to help people. Management is not always available and there is not a lot of room to grow. Often critical however, making sales is the best part of the day.
Pros
Product knowledge. Hours. Flexibility.
Cons
Not many full time or growth positions.
Good Luck
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2017
I wouldn't recommend this company at this moment. They have finally changed upper management. Maybe good things next year. Do your research on this company. If buying from a GNC store get someone that is knowledgeable and trains too and uses supplements.
Pros
Makes amazon look great!
Cons
Too much to tell.
Poor place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
The company needs to adapt to the current year. They people working at the stores or in the head offic are nice, but it’s upper management that made the place a nightmare. Long hours, manage-by-fear, lack of advancement.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
The culture
It's fun if you enjoy fitness and nutrition
Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 September 2017
Customer service is most important, you learn a lot about products and how/ who can take them. I like helping people starting out on meal and workout plans and seeing the succeed.

Slow days are challenging
Great atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON13 September 2017
Employer and fellow employees are very knowledgeable and love helping out customers. Always fun and feels good to help a customer find what they are looking for and help improve their fitness life.
continuous learning experiences in regards to health and supplements
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 September 2017
A typical day at work would be greeting customers and getting to know them and their fitness goals at a personal level in order to determine what it is they should purchase in order to achieve said goals. On the job I only had a limited surface level amount of knowledge when came to health, but over the past few months on the job I learned more about bodybuilding and powerlifting and the types of products certain clientele require in order to either gain size, cut weight or maintain health. The hardest part of the job would be doing rotations or sorting out the inventory when shipment arrives.
Pros
commission coupled with base pay
Cons
inconvenient hours
Great company that stays fresh with local clients
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
GNC is a great company with room to grow and is a competitive force on the market. ever adapting GNC stands as a leader in the supplement industry. My time with the company will be missed.
Health & supplements
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 July 2017
I have been training for a while, I did some competitions, photoshoots for modeling, etc. So working there made sense for me at first, then I found out that I rather be working with cars.
good company
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON5 June 2017
good company to work for young energetic staff i liked to work out and use the products sold their and so did mostly everyone that worked there. just wasn't enough money for my lifestyle.
Pros
flexible hours
Relaxed Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 May 2017
Perfect place for a students to work , flexible hours , great place to learn gain knowledge from team members and customers. Overall perfect for somone looking for part time work.
Pros
Commission
Cons
demanding to hit your daily targets
great place
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
the vibe of this place is great and we are like a little family working all together in order to give the best to our clients. The commission are also a great asset to this job.
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
GNC is a good company.

but you can't really make a career out of it. I would recommend to a friend. It is the perfect job for a student. Working with protein powder is a must for any meat head.
Good for university students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 February 2017
Great job for students. Flexible hours and good pay. I learned a lot about the retail business, and even more about the supplement industry .
Lacks Stability
Sales Associate - Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2017
The upper management lacks direction which creates so many changes on a monthly basis to price and visual merch. which is not great for customers.
Easy going atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 December 2016
Typical day included opening the store, greeting customers, giving advice on products and meeting sales targets. Co workers were helpful, the hardest part of the job was grasping product knowledge.
Money Hungry
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 November 2016
GNC is, was and has always been a money hungry establishment that doesnt care about their employees or customers. They are more concerned with selling a GNC product that they want their employees to lie to customers. If you do actually help the customer with sound, educated advice and recommend something not GNC product, you get a backlash from management.
Pros
Commission in some stores
Cons
Everything else
Great money and meeting alot of famous trainers and ex WWE stars
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2016
loved working there. but I really didn't like how to management operates.. don't sell and you get threatened to be fired.

but overall a great job with many opportunities and travel to different GNCs if you get into management. a lot of free perks too!
Pros
free pre workout and protein etc.
Cons
management forces you to sell GNC products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GNC. Our community is ready to answer.