GMR Marketing

GMR Marketing Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great company to work for
Field Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 26, 2013
My work as a Field Manager would change from week to week. I work many different events depending on the client. I have worked for many brands such as Telus, Gillette, Nissan, Canada bread and many more. I have learned a lot about experiential marketing, both the field work and the behind the scenes work. This has allowed me to grow as an employee and move up to my current position. This company has also allowed me to travel Canada and execute events with local employees. I have met lots of great people along with a few not so great employees but that's the best part about the job. I enjoy the ever changing work environment instead of the same routine from 9-5.
Great job with amazing pay for extroverts, tougher for introverts. Compliance is essential.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great pay, cool benefits (we were paid to go to a nets game as a team building exercise), work at your own pace, opportunity to meet and speak with new people, get to hang out at bars
Cons: late hours (8pm-4am), high pressure (there's a goal of 7 interactions per hour which is very difficult), survey questions are highly invasive - many would be participants are suspicious and put off, lots of rejection, have to be at a bar all night without drinking, no breaks, highly stressful (especially for introverts), some venues are not conducive to this type of work - too loud or wrong clientele
As a Brand Ambassador, one's responsibilities are to promote the client's product while maintaining perfect compliance to various regulations imposed by the company as well as outside auditors. During my time here there were two teams, one worked for MarkTen and promoted their new e-cigarette while the other was involved with Marlboro Night Life and distributed butane torch lighters. A typical night at work goes as follows; the BA meets up with his/her manager at the location he/she has been designated to work that night, the manager gives the BA the tools for the job (tablet for conducting surveys, bag full of promotional inventory) and the BA enters the bar. For the duration of his/her shift, the BA must conduct interactions within the bar with "qualified adult smokers" while maintaining compliance to FDA and company regulations. There is a general script for these interactions and maintaining compliance but some improvisation is required in order to have any real success. I have found the easiest way to conduct interactions is to introduce the promotional product sample at the onset of the conversation to maximize participant interest. There is a target goal of 50 interactions per night or 7 per hour which I have found to be extremely difficult to achieve, however I consider myself something of an introvert so perhaps a more outgoing individual would have an easier time of it.
Corporate Culture equals Corporate Click
Production Manager (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great health care, a few good people
Cons: lack of training, no constructive criticism., no advancement opportunity, work environment is not healthy
HIred under premise of advancement. Never intended. Premature dismissal with no explanation or exit interview. Did not fit "the GMR Way".
Business ethics are lacking at GMR. Many of the reviews here are from "Brand Ambassadors" these positions do not reflect the day to day operations. Beware.
Great corporate culture
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: high profile clients, ability to work on a globally recognized scale
Cons: career advancement
Working for an agency that is one of the premiere companies in event,digital and sports marketing has been the best learning experience I could of asked for as I progress through my career.
Minorities beware
Senior Tour & Field Market Manager (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: opportunity to travel and benefits
Cons: pay and white male privilege
White male culture rule here! If you are different you will be forced out after while if you want to move up. The assimilation, the cost to belong is high. Upper management only care about money with very few exceptions. While you have the opportunity to make money here it only comes if you are in the right circle kissing butt. If you report to upper management that you have a problem with your supervisor you stand the chance of being booted out and blacklisted. There are few, very few minorities working here. You can NOT be yourself if you are a minority working here.
High-energy Nightlife promotions
Senior Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIDecember 31, 2014
With GMR Marketing, working as a brand ambassador/senior brand ambassador was a very fun, fast-paced work environment. Promotional work with GMR has been a very exciting experience.
Laid off entire team 2 days before christmas
Team Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
Pros: its a people job
Cons: the company is a bad employment agency
I was brought on board because they lacked a team manger. I left a solid job for this position and succeeded where other team managers had failed. I exceeded expectations and had no violations in conduct. The nation wide management team was laid off in a very unprofessional way
exciting company
Retail Territory Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 26, 2014
It is a great company to work, if you're willing to travel. You will be able to see a lot of the country.
Great company
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: can be a little intimidating when first hired
There are no sale requirements, just promotions. You also get to see the inside of several local bars through out the events
GMR
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Nashville, TenesseeOctober 22, 2014
Great work place
fun atmosphere
love meeting new people
work weekends
Want to feel like your not wanted work here.
Management (Former Employee), New BerlinOctober 10, 2014
Pros: open door policy
Cons: open door yet don't change any of the issues
Poor pay
Poor management
Poor HR

Just to list a few. If you work a tour warning they will make you break DOT laws and if you get caught all well. Under pay over worked is the CEOs motto. It took a while to leave because I wanted to find the perfect position with a new company and I found that company finally. Best of luck will miss some of my peers. I will miss the old CEO may he rest in peace.
work with consumers
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 1, 2014
⦁ Engage consumers with information regarding our products
⦁ Encourage consumers to buy our products
⦁ Hand out promotional items
⦁ Draw attention to promotional area
Great company to work for!
Tier I Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), New Berlin, WISeptember 3, 2014
The culture was collaborative and operated with professionalism and with a family like closeness.
Great part-time and sporadic opportunities.
Brand Ambassador-Part Time (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 24, 2014
Pros: flexible opportunities
Cons: consistency
Promotes all events for a variety of GMR corporate clients, works both individually and with a team to ensure proper brand representation and client satisfaction at each event.
Interesting Job
Senior Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 3, 2014
I enjoy the traveling aspect of the job and I work with some amazing people.
High energy and creative work
Lead Brand Ambassador/ On-site Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 24, 2014
Pros: it was a fun high energy atmosphere.
Cons: no healthcare and no guarantee markets would stay open
Working for GMR Marketing has to be one of the greatest jobs I have had so far. I am a person who enjoys interacting with customers, clients, and guests so it was an ideal position for me. I have gotten to meet so many fantastic people who also gave me great advice on my career choices, I got to meet some amazing celebrities, and became part of a team that loved what they were working for. I enjoyed working with my groups and also managing some of the events. Although I have had an overall good experience with GMR there were some things that I would have liked to have like health insurance. I know that being a brand ambassador doesn't guarantee a job in the future but the people who have worked for so many year should have had an opportunity to enroll in some type of healthcare program. Other then that I have no complaints. It is a pleasure to work for the company.
campaign
Marketing & Sales (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2014
Pros: fun enjoyable and rewarding
Cons: no money voluteer
volunteer work organizing fundraisers, doo-to-door, cold calls, and raising funds
Lead and manage (Current Employee), Atlanta GADecember 24, 2013
This is an awesome place to work, and a great team to work with and for.
great organization with never the same day to day normalities
Manager, Client Management (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 19, 2013
travel and meet with all different walks of life through marketing of different products.
Hi
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2013
Good,Great, love it a lot. Wow I must have type a lot. I really don't have much to say.

About GMR Marketing

About GMR Marketing is a global, full-service engagement-marketing agency that blends off-line and on-line marketing to create – Read more

GMR Marketing Photos