THE GLOWBAL COLLECTION is currently comprised of nine restaurants: glowbal grill steaks & satay, COAST Restaurant, Italian Kitchen, two Trattoria Italian Kitchen locations, SOCIETY, Black+Blue, The Fish Shack, The Roof; an IK2GO location; and two lounges: AFTERglow and O Lounge. The collection is quickly expanding and has numerous new projects in production over the next eighteen months, Trattoria Italian Kitchen Burnaby and multiple locations and concepts in Telus Garden. The energy, bustle and allure of these celebrated Vancouver restaurants are what most people notice first. In addition, flawless service, exquisite wine lists, and some of the most inventive, celebrated cuisine in Vancouver define every restaurant in the collection.
We are currently seeking an ambitious Sales Event Manager for our diversified locations. The successful candidate must have a positive 'can do' attitude, a passion for generating and driving sales and a solid network of current and potential clients in the Vancouver area.
Develop, implement and monitor sales with existing business and execute strategies to cultivate new business. Proactively sell and service both national and local accounts. Oversee daily sales functions and their successful completion, including but not limited to, developing sales contacts, timely proposal development, menu negotiations, profitability analysis, contract negotiations, deposit collection, appropriate event supervision, post event follow up, and re-bookings. Follow up on accounts receivable collections to ensure timely payment in accordance with Glowbal Restaurant Group policies. Monitor custom tailored menus for their profitability, as well as reviewing standard large group menus on an annual basis to ensure profitability. Lead or participate in site tours, site selections, sales meetings, outside sales functions, sales blitzes, community involvement groups and various functions hosted by the client or potential clients. Contribute to daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or requisite experience in hospitality, hotel/restaurant management
- Minimum 3 years experience in a sales capacity for a hotel, restaurant or catering operation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and internet searches
- Working knowledge of Micros and Open Table an asset
- Very capable of finding the business and ensuring success events
- Strong food, wine and hospitality knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of sales forecasting and financial reporting
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills as well as a pedantic attention to detail
- Proactive and skilled in the “art of cold calling”
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service
- Strong knowledge of and an extensive contact list within the community
If you believe you are the person we are seeking, please send your resume and cover letter to this advert noting Sales Event Manager in the subject line. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest in THE GLOWBAL COLLECTION.