The Shipper Receiver is responsible for the orderly operation of our warehouse which includes the following:
- Accurately receive, stock, and ship parts
- Input received goods into computerized inventory system
- Update/correct errors in inventory system
- Stock/restock items in the appropriate bin and maintain a clean and organized warehouse.
- Assist co-workers and customers with their parts orders to fulfill our customer service objectives
- Unload and load shipments from suppliers and customers using appropriate equipment
- Inspect goods for damage and report any damaged goods received to management
- Accurately track incoming and outgoing shipments, noting shipper and destination with correct labeling to ensure timely delivery
- Assist in preparing of vendor part returns to ensure documentation is complete
- Assist in preparing core returns to proper vendors. Package, inspect, and ensure completion of necessary documentation
- Assist in the physical inventory count of the parts department
- Accurately fill and prepare part orders for delivery of shipments based on requests from the parts representatives
- Acquire authorization and/or purchase orders as needed for billing purposes
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration for this position:
- Basic knowledge of warehouse operations and the ability to apply receiving and storing methods
- Able to learn the heavy-duty truck/trailer maintenance/repair business and mechanical terminology
- Able to interpret and work from oral and written instructions
- Able to work with a variety of customers in a courteous and cooperative manner
- Able to operate a fork lift
- Able to push, pull, maneuver or lift items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Able to lift items overhead weighing up to 20 pounds
- Able to transfer large parts from pallet to pallet or two-wheeler
- Able to cut hosing using hose cutters requiring coupling forces of 35 pounds
Qualifications that are WANTED in a candidate:
- Ability to use Microsoft programs and applications.
- ADP accounting software experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate and work as a member of a team.
- Strive for respect and teamwork within all departments.
- Able to utilize manufacturer and supplier websites.