The Parts Purchaser is responsible for minimizing our inventory cost and optimizing our inventory levels through their purchasing decisions and is responsible for the following:
- Evaluating inventory levels and forecasting inventory requirements.
- Reviewing inventory reports to identify trends and opportunities.
- Purchasing parts as needed to maintain sufficient inventory.
- Scheduling parts purchases to ensure adequate parts availability (i.e. lead time)
- Performing inventory counts and checks to verify inventory levels.
- Arranging for the disposal of unwanted inventory (i.e. auction).
- Assisting with parts sales as required.
- Aiding in the creation of pricing strategies and price matrices.
- Handling all warranty claims with suppliers.
- Ensuring all parts purchased meet or exceed OEM and legislated standards.
- Working with branch locations to optimize bulk purchases.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and a safe, clean work environment.
- Following all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration for this position:
- Previous experience in the Medium / Heavy Duty truck, automotive industry.
- High degree of product and technical knowledge.
- Must be a team player with a demonstrated commitment to the company and our customers.
- Must be self starter and be able to handle competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must conduct his / her self in a professional manner.
- Must have superior problem solving skills to achieve a win-win solutions.
Qualifications that are WANTED in a candidate:
- Ability to use Microsoft programs and applications.
- ADP accounting software experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate and work with suppliers.
- Strive for respect and teamwork within all departments.
- Able to utilize manufacturer and supplier websites.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Glover International Trucks is a heavy duty truck dealership specializing in the sale of International Trucks and Cummins and MaxxForce...