The Parts Driver is responsible for picking up and delivering parts and related items in a safe and professional manner. This position can improve and impact our customers overall experience by providing exceptional customer service by completing the following:
- Providing input and feedback about issues and opportunities based on their observations and interactions with customers.
- Operating a class 5 vehicle to pick up and deliver various products.
- Performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicle.
- Planning delivery routes and schedules.
- Loading and unloading cargo, goods or merchandise.
- Complying with all applicable traffic and other relevant laws
- Recording information related to pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage and fuel costs and report any incidents or problems encountered
- Sorting freight or cargo for delivery
- Communicating with parts department staff using mobile phone.
- Assisting other parts staff with completing orders and deliveries.
- Assisting other staff in the department as needed
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess to gain consideration for this position:
- A class 5 driver's license is required.
- Must be self motivated and have good knowledge of applicable driving laws.
- Practice safe driving and have the ability to drive in all types of conditions (winter, rain, heavy traffic etc.)
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer.
- Must conduct his / her self in a professional manner.
- Have the ability to work other shifts for coverage of sick days or vacation relief.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 lbs
- Must be able to handle competing priorities and meet deadlines.
Qualifications that are WANTED in a candidate:
- Forklift Certified
- Knowledgeable of transportation of dangerous goods (TGD) regulations.
- Previous experience with heavy/medium duty truck parts.
Indeed - 11 months ago
Glover International Trucks is a heavy duty truck dealership specializing in the sale of International Trucks and Cummins and MaxxForce...