This position is responsible for monitoring, supervising, and assisting heavy equipment technicians in the performance of their duties.
They are responsible for the following:
- Directing technicians to follow proper procedures
- Helping troubleshoot problems with all types of trucks
- Communicating with staff and customers in a positive professional manner
- Testing and inspecting vehicle to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturer specifications and Government standards.
- Ensuring quality of work meets or exceeds manufacturer specifications, government requirements and company expectations.
- Enforcing all polices and procedures to ensure work is completed safely
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals.
- Reporting and communicate to Service Manager
- Other related or similar duties as required.
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration for this position:
- Heavy Equipment Technician - Truck and Transport Mechanic Certificate or Equivalent (i.e. Red Seal).
- Class 3 Drivers License with Air or “Q” Endorsement
- Previous experience in the Medium / Heavy Duty truck or automotive industry.
- High degree of product and technical knowledge.
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer.
- Must be self motivated and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must conduct his / her self in a professional manner.
- Have the ability to work extra hours as needed
- Have the ability to deal with large volumes of work and stressful situations.
Qualifications that are WANTED in a candidate:
- Experience working on all makes of on highway commercial vehicles
- Experience and familiarity with computers and computer software
- CAT and/or CUMMINS Engine Certifications
- ADP accounting experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of International and supplier / vendors warranty policies.
Wages and Benefits:
- Top Wages
- Blue Cross Group Benefits
- RRSP Program with company match
- Boot/Tool Allowance
- And More...