This position is responsible for diagnosing, repairing or overhauling commercial trucks, buses and trailers to manufacturer specifications, applicable legislation and customer’s request.
- $37.00 - $38/hour
- Shift Premium for Evening and Weekend Shifts
- OEM Training Bonus - Up to $3/hour.
They are responsible for the following:
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals.
- Performing general and preventive maintenance services.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic failures by visually inspecting, listening to customer input, test driving, and using diagnostic tools.
- Completing a "Quick-Check" to determine the need for other unrelated repairs and advising customer of potential future issues.
- Notifying Service Counter Staff of any additional repairs needed.
- Completing repairs or replacing defective parts, components or systems as required.
- Testing and inspecting vehicle to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturer specifications and Government standards.
- Documenting serial number and recording repair story on work order noting problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs
- Training and/or assisting other technicians or apprentices with their work.
- Other related or similar duties as required.
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration for this position:
- Heavy Equipment Technician - Truck and Transport Mechanic Certificate or Equivalent (i.e. Red Seal)
- Previous experience in the Medium / Heavy Duty truck or automotive industry.
- High degree of product and technical knowledge.
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer.
- Must be self motivated and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must conduct his / her self in a professional manner.
- Have the ability to work other shifts for coverage of sick days or vacation relief.
- Have the ability to deal with large volumes of work and stressful situations.
Qualifications that are WANTED in a candidate:
- Class 3 Drivers License with Air or “Q” Endorsement
- Experience working on all makes of on highway commercial vehicles
- Experience and familiarity with computers and computer software
- ADP accounting experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of International and supplier / vendors warranty policies.