Globant Employee Reviews

Too profit oriented with a lot of dialectic discrepancies between their projected image they have and the actual way of building
Senior JAVA Developer (Current Employee) –  Buenos Aires, Argentina11 December 2016
A typical day in the office start by you going to the office, eating breakfast there using their expending machines. If you want you can use the pool table or ping pong table. As long attend to the meetings your team has, and deliver the code its all fine and good. Is a very deliver oriented which is fine... if you don't have any sort of personal investment on your work.

The teams are normally great, there are a great cohesion between all the teams.

It's really really hard to try to expand your knowledge by moving from a project in which you use your base technology to another project with a different technology. The most enjoyable part of the day is just being there with your team.

Odds are that you will end doing way more work than they pay you to do, and that's fine, if only they bother to give you some kind of credit for that.
Pros
music room, game room
Cons
Posible long hours, lack of recognition in your work, stagnated salaries
Great place with possibilities to grow
Sr adv VD UX/UI - Sr Front End (Current Employee) –  Argentina2 November 2016
It's a nice place, quiet, with posbilities to explore differents roles, so mean while you are a Visual Desiger, you can make a course of developement on React too, for example.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis, futbol tennis field, music room, videogames room.
QC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, Cundinamarca19 October 2016
This is a wonderful enterprise with a lo of benefits to the workers and the policy of have fun.

I learned more about: scrum methodology, new tools for functional testing, another process for testing.

We build a great team and we could advance a lot in the development of the application.

There were sprints with too much user stories for develop and some days we had to work up to late and some weekend too.

The people and the enviroment with the politic of have fun of the enterprise were the most enjoyable.
Pros
Working from home, free lunches and person can control the worktime.
Cons
Sometimes long hours
A great learning experience
User Experience Designer (Former Employee) –  Pune15 May 2016
I got hired at Globant a month before I completed my graduation. Fresh out of college, I was given the opportunity to work on some complex projects under the guidance of highly qualified creative professionals. Which I consider was the best thing to happen to me.
Pros
My seniors and I are still very good friends
Cons
Ceremonies and constant learning.
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana27 March 2016
My day starts with Daily Scrum, to plan and monitor the progress of Sprint.

My team participates in cross coordination project and seeks unblock impediments project preventing further progress.

We also participate in communities to help improve and learn permanently.

Some complex issues are getting the team to achieve autonomy, self control and project management, it is a permantente work that never ends.
Pros
we learned a lot
Cons
missing more rest areas.
Productive and fun work place
Technical Lead, Product Development (Former Employee) –  Pune, Maharashtra2 March 2016
Flexible timings, work and life balance. nice co-workers and team environment.

I got opportunity to work on IOT(Internet of things) related project it was really fun to work on those kind of projects.
Productive and fun
Senior .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Buenos Aires21 January 2016
It was a great company to work. I learned a lot and I improved my skill in .net technologies. I built my career there. The salary is not so good.
Pros
Free time entrance
Cons
Salary
Great company with friendly work environment
PHP Developer (Former Employee) –  Buenos Aires, PR11 January 2016
You get to learn a lot, and you get to work with very interesting people. I didn’t had relevant experience in the field in which I wanted to work, but Globant helped me to grow in my career. Excellent working mood, flexible and open to employees needs.
Good experience
Drupal Developer SSr (Former Employee) –  Bogota, Colombia16 October 2015
I was really cool for me to work at a large scale project (Scholastic).

The company is divided in studios, pods, ultimately your experience there will be determined by the kind of project you are assigned to.

They have 'Labs', which are internal projects. By participating in those you can learn other technologies or improve your skills.
Very fun and interesting place to work
Architect & Tech Leader (Current Employee) –  Buenos Aires, Argentina23 January 2015
Based on the culture of work Globant is the biggest Software Consultant Company in Argentina.

I'm currently working here and my main task is to teach others about Perl and how to write efficient, robust and maintainable Software.

The hardest part of the job is to keep the client satisfied since we are working for the major Ticket Selling company around the world.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the team working, and my co-workers which are very happy and interesting people.
Pros
Chill out places in company, Very interesting challenges
Cons
It's difficult to get to the office due to the placement in the city
Fun Workplace
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA19 December 2014
● Designing, developing, testing and implementing scalable online systems in Java, J2EE, RestEasy, Persistence JPA and MySQL Database.
● Working on Integration testing using Selenium Framework.
● Writing the test cases for Smoke test and Regression testing using Selenium Framework and helping the CI team to set up the environments for running the Smoke Tests and Regression Tests for continuous builds.
● Logged the test cases in Rally Software.
● Development with TestNG framework and JUnit Frameworks for unit tests based on that improve the code coverage up to 80 %.
● Working on Restful API testing using the SOAP UI Tool.
● Using the Java Restful Web Services for publishing business logic and then consumed by Perl team.
Productive workplace
.NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Rosario, S12 November 2014
I have learnt a lot regarding technologies as well as analysis tasks.
Fun Workplace, good projects, excelent vision.
Software Designer (Current Employee) –  Bogota2 October 2014
In Globant I have the freedom to choice some day for work from home, they provides wednesday and fridays fruit cups, and the office is wonderful they have Music room with guitar, bass, battery and other instruments.
A learned a lot leading projects, managment, be face to the client and make a good relationship.
Every team includes an intership along differents countries, so this acts as a good movement to learn something different every single day.
The hardest could be that you always want give more about your work, so there is a lot o activities that you can execute accross the work and accross the project.
Every project that I worked for, I could enjoy from the start to the end. Today I can say that Im working in a great company. a lot of benefies, good enviroment, good people, funny stuffs.
Good Place to Start and Look for Something Else
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Buenos Aires, Argentina19 July 2013
Co-workers are excellent, at least most of them, the company is nice at the beginning but upper management is deficient. Salaries below market and overtime is not paid.
Its a cool place but without good salaries
UX-UI Designer (Current Employee) –  Buenos Aires, B19 July 2013
I have fun and learnt a lot, but with the pass of the months sometimes you stuck in a junior project. Also salary is very bad.

The people is GREAT! mostly team members. The offices are clean and fun with tv, metegol, ping pong, etc

The hardest part of the work is to deal with level of burocracy, no more than that..

The most enjoyable part, ping pong and croisant on friday :)
Pros
offices, fun and clean
Cons
very bad salaries
Productive and fun place to work
Developer (Current Employee) –  Córdoba, X2 June 2013
I have learned Agile methodologies and jQuery working here, also I learned the pattern MVP and MVC.
Pros
Flexible, work with last technologies
Cons
Salary a bit low.
Fun place to work
Developer (Current Employee) –  Resistencia,Chaco,Argentina14 May 2013
Very interesting place to work, with many amenities, ping pong table, music room,etc.
Pros
Free fruits, croissants, music, massages, flexytimes
El ambiente es bueno, la gente hace un clima muy lindo para trabajar. Pero en general deja mucho que desear al ser una empresa tan 'grande'
QC - Analyst Jr. (Former Employee) –  La Plata, Buenos Aires16 January 2017
- Bastante rutinarios, no se presentaban muchas oportunidades de progreso
- Aprendí muchísimo más por mi cuenta que lo que la empresa me ofrecía
- La dirección es malísima, al menos en el site de LP.
- Mis colegas eran muy buenos, hacían el trabajo más llevadero.
- La parte más difícil eran los sueldos, trabajabas muchísimo y realmente te esforzabas y nunca te daban un buen aumento, estaban siempre muy por debajo de lo que otras empresas te dan
- Un tiempo que estuvieron con el beneficio de Bimbo, me servía para comprar cosas para mi familia. Pero realmente es lo único para resaltar.
Pros
Tenes el equipo necesario para trabajar
Cons
Mala administración, malos sueldos, la posibilidad de WFH es una mentira (te pasan factura)
Ambiente de trabajo relajado
Game Tester (Former Employee) –  La Plata, Buenos Aires9 December 2016
A pesar de ser mi primer trabajo y tener una paga mediocre fue el mejor ambiente de trabajo que tuve. Si bien eramos todos jóvenes entre 18 y 22 años con unos supervisores entre los 22 y 30 el clima era agradable siempre, la gente que tenia que controlar también escuchaba, creo haber sido afortunado en el supervisor que me toco en particular
Pros
Ambiente relajado
Cons
sin seguridad de continuación y mala paga
excelente ambiente laboral
Senior QC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA14 November 2016
la flexibilidad y el ambiente laboral lo hacen una muy buena empresa para trabajar
Pros
flexibilidad
Cons
algunos de los clientes