Unix OR Linux Business Applications/Systems Analyst Permanent position Vernon BC
If you have Linux or Unix Systems background, have some Database admin or application development experience , this job is for you
On behalf of our client, Globaltech Recruiting is looking for a Systems Analyst to join our Information Services team that has a strong technical aptitude, customer service skills and can effectively communicate and liaison between IS, business users and external vendors. In this position you will be responsible for supporting, deploying application upgrades and patches to our mission critical Retail ERP application suite.
The Systems Analyst ensures that the mission-critical Operational Systems are aligned with our business needs and are operating effectively and supported appropriately. This position requires an understanding of business processes and ERP application suite and works closely with functional leads, infrastructure teams and internal/external vendors to solve system problems. This position also performs the deployment of application upgrades and patches for the EOS applications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage support activities that are provided internally and externally.
- Ensure standards are maintained by the development team (internal or external).
- Ensure documentation standards are maintained by the team (internal or external).
- Participate in projects as required.
- Ensure systems are managed and monitored appropriately
- Identify knowledge and expertise requirements for functional leads and support teams
- Enhance, train and document formal processes required for the EOS team.
- Manage the escalation process (or lifecycle) for incidents and service requests.
- Liaison between IS, business users and the external vendor
- Provide framework and processes for management of all EOS systems
- Support roadmaps for operational applications
- Represent business units for solution delivery projects
- Participate in Tier 2 support tasks
- Deployments of EOS systems to all environments
- Troubleshoot EOS system support issues
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Four or more years of systems/applications experience in a medium to large enterprise environment
- Two or more years’ experience in systems analysis role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Send your resume as a WORD DOC with Systems Analyst Vernon in subject line to Carene
Please state your salary expectations
I will call you with more information
Indeed - 14 months ago
Globaltech has been specializing in the IT industry in Vancouver for over 7 years.