We are a fast-growing and innovative Vancouver based translation and localization company and are looking for an admin assistant/transcriber to join our growing organization.
About the job:
- Data entry
- Transcription of audio
- Transcription quality assurance verification
- Running errands if necessary
- Making sure that the office is in order
- Internet research
This is a junior position for individual who aims to advance and be part of exciting and growing company.
- Have some light bookkeeping skills or experience
- Can communicate well verbally and in writing
- Enjoys a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities
- Are a multi-tasker able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Are extremely organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Have some collage or post-secondary education
- Are tech savvy with a proven ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies
- Constant learner who likes to challenge themselves
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Are good in basic math
This is a government funded position, so candidates who fit the criteria listed below will be preferred:
1. Unemployed, 15 to 29 years of age
2. Not currently receiving or eligible for EI and have not received EI in the past 36 months or 60 months for a parental claim
3. Not a full-time student, enrolled in high school/post secondary or returning to school
4. Not a participant in another LMA-funded program
5. Resident of BC and legally entitled to work in Canada
Please also note that a background check is required and candidates with previous transcription experience will be favoured.
The salary for this job is $12 per hour with room to increase later.
If you are interested in this position please apply with your resume, a 1 paragraph writing sample and a note about whether or not you meet the criteria listed above.