- Travel from site to site conducting internal inspections,assisting in front line workers completion of Leading Indicator documentation, Conducting field level incident reports, Mentoring frontline workers with strong leadership qualities.
- Work with Senior HSE Manager and Rig Managers with leadership to provide technical support and facilitate the execution of the HSE strategy and program requirements.
- Supervises, mentors, and coordinates the work of front line workers to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and GWS policies
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from managers, workforce, clients, third party customer representatives, regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Assures implementation of GWS Management System and HSE program requirements, with companion strategies to ensure compliance. Particular attention should be placed on Rig operations, systems, conditions, practices, Leading and Lagging Indicators and organizational drivers to achieve and sustain Injury Free Operations
- Completes supporting projects as assigned.
- Minimum 2 Year Service Rig or Drilling Rig Experiance
- Currently Enroled or completed the OHS Certificate program
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Must be an Alberta Resident
A strong working knowledge and understanding of ERCB and OHS acts and regulations is required
Superior organizational and communication skills is required
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team environment with multi-disciplinary professionals
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and shop personnel
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking and decision-making skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building, and influencing skills
- Willingness and ability to work with people of different cultures and countries
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations; the ability to research, analyze, interpret, and implement HSE regulations, standards, and best practices
- Experience in HSE Management Systems and Auditing
- Experience in Root Cause Investigation techniques