- Lead communications within the Shipping / Receiving area. Schedule and Coordinate both Domestic and International freight forwarder transactions.
- Ensure freight forwarders are selected based on company objectives for cost and delivery.
- Maintain Shipping records, including providing tracking or shipping history information to customers on request.
- Prepare Shipping paperwork as well as completes shipping transaction in appropriate systems.
- Provide guidance to others within the Shipping / Receiving area.
- Communicate status of Shipping / Receiving activities to appropriate personnel.
- Review and audit freight bills for billing accuracy. Respond to billing questions from external freight payment services.
- Formally document new or changed procedures. Identify who requires training and execute training if needed.
- Maintain knowledge of current international import/export regulatory requirements. Update applicable standard operating procedures as necessary.
- Effectively lead cross-functional root cause and corrective action to resolve customer-related shipping issues.
- Greet and register guests in a prompt, pleasant and helpful manner.
- Operate the company switchboard by responding to incoming calls, routing calls to the appropriate individual / department, taking and relaying messages.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Order office supplies, and keep supply room organized and well stocked.
- Provide general administrative support / clerical duties as needed.
- To hold a minimum of DEC (Diplôme d’Études Collégiales).
- To possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in an administrative role.
- To communicate effectively in both English and French.
- To possess strong knowledge of MS Office.
- To possess strong organizational and planning skills.
- To be able to work independently without lacking motivation and self-orientation.
- To be self-disciplined and reliable with action items and deadlines.
- To possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- To possess strong problem solving skills.
- To be able to handle multiple tasks and demands.
- To be able to execute tasks quickly and accurately.
Indeed - 30+ days ago